Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 3 of 13
Re: The Rolling Stones - The Marquee - Live In 1971 new release !
Posted by: GetYerAngie ()
Date: April 8, 2015 21:02

Cristiano Radtke
From The Rolling Stones - France Facebook page:

Le concert culte de 1971 au Marquee pour la première fois édité en vidéo et en quatre formats dans la collection des archives des Rolling Stones « From The Vault ».
En DVD, en SD Blu-ray, en DVD + CD, en DVD + LP
Sortie le 22 Juin 2015

TRACKLISTING PRINCIPAL :
1. Live With Me
2. Dead Flowers
3. I Got The Blues
4. Let It Rock
5. Midnight Rambler
6. (I Can’t Get No) Satisfaction
7. Bitch
8. Brown Sugar

BONUS :
1. I Got The Blues – Prise 1
2. I Got The Blues – Prise 2
3. Bitch – Prise 1
4. Bitch – Prise 2
5. Brown Sugar (Top Of The Pops, 1971)

Wow, this looks amazing!

Posted by: jrcjohnny99 ()
Date: April 8, 2015 21:38

This is great!
Lets hope for more From The Vault releases this year;
I'd heard that Alantic City 89 was on the cards...

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: April 8, 2015 21:41

Someone released a preview of this super-quality version about 10 years ago, so it sure is fine to see it's being released at last.
But to whoever it was up there who said it's a great version of Rambler:
In fact it's a rare sighting of a ridiculous Rambler, due to all the screw-ups.
Even the band cracks up (well, except for Mick T who's acting like he doesn't know these other cats). :E

I wonder why they didn't assemble the footage in the proper order, with the outtakes and restarts where they actually happened.
Some of the remarks the band make between numbers are quite amusing - I hope they didn't edit those out.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-08 22:45 by with sssoul.

Posted by: GetYerAngie ()
Date: April 8, 2015 21:54

with sssoul
Someone released a preview of this super-quality version about 10 years ago, so it sure is fine to see it's being released at last.
In fact it's a rare sighting of a ridiculous Ramblers, due to all the screw-ups.
Even the band cracks up (well, except for Mick T who's acting like he doesn't know these other cats). :E

I wonder why they didn't assemble the footage in the proper order, with the outtakes and restarts where they actually happened.
Some of the remarks the band make between numbers are quite amusing - I hope they didn't edit those out.

I am quite happy, that they didn't make a scientifically correct version. I'm happy that the bonusses are there, but I have no longing for a actual document of the takes and mistakes in proper order.

Posted by: mitch ()
Date: April 8, 2015 21:59

with sssoul

Maybe because it would be unwatchable.
I think they did the good choice. The outtakes are there, but at the end.

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: April 8, 2015 22:17

with sssoul

In fact it's a rare sighting of a ridiculous Ramblers, due to all the screw-ups.

Must have been me. I love the Marquee Rambler and it's really good. Mark my words and try to refute them when the DVD release, with its outstanding audio quality (assuming all songs are in the same audio quality as this Dead Flowers) is there. All those claiming for years that the Marquee is a lame gig will be proven wrong and I'm already having fun about that.

Date: April 8, 2015 22:31

I thought Kleermoutain was your worst enemy after Brussels, kleerie? Now, you speak of his work like he were family...

Posted by: Hound Dog ()
Date: April 8, 2015 22:33

I love these sets, the vinyl/dvd set is great. Hope this time they have a vinyl/blue ray. And hope these sets keep coming, awesome stuff.

Posted by: Tate ()
Date: April 8, 2015 22:33

Oh, this will be so good. I just now managed to watch the clip. So good. I cannot wait for this (and Leeds!!)....

Date: April 8, 2015 22:41

DandelionPowderman
I thought Kleermoutain was your worst enemy after Brussels, kleerie? Now, you speak of his work like he were family...

He must have read my criticism and has improved himself as far as we can hear until now. My comment on BA stands. It was a bad job he did there. The boot is the proof. However great your stereo equipment is, my earphones don't lie to me.

Besides they should have released the last 1973 show, the Berlin one, one of the best of them all and not known in good audio. But that's not Bob's fault of course.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: April 8, 2015 22:49

Blueranger
What did I say? It would come out and the tracks on the box was just a teaser.

Still all the moaners and complainers had to make bull before anything was announced.

Get a grip!

Moaning and complaining about moaners and complainers will get you nowhere. If it makes you feel better, you were right.

peace

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: April 8, 2015 22:52

kleermaker
with sssoul

Must have been me. I love the Marquee Rambler and it's really good.

Kleer dear, I haven't said anything about it being a lame gig - but Rambler is funny.
Mick's getting all that feedback, he unwinds the mic the wrong way and has to redo it,
Charlie misses his cue and Mick and Keith start laughing - which is all very charming, but ridiculous.

And I'm glad for all of you who aren't sorry they didn't preserve the continuity, okay?
I still wish they'd left the viewer the option of watching it in the right order.
The interstitial material is fun and interesting. It's a Stones show. Fvck-ups and recoveries are part of the fabric.

Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: April 8, 2015 23:33

GetYerAngie
Cristiano Radtke
From The Rolling Stones - France Facebook page:

Le concert culte de 1971 au Marquee pour la première fois édité en vidéo et en quatre formats dans la collection des archives des Rolling Stones « From The Vault ».
En DVD, en SD Blu-ray, en DVD + CD, en DVD + LP
Sortie le 22 Juin 2015

TRACKLISTING PRINCIPAL :
1. Live With Me
2. Dead Flowers
3. I Got The Blues
4. Let It Rock
5. Midnight Rambler
6. (I Can’t Get No) Satisfaction
7. Bitch
8. Brown Sugar

BONUS :
1. I Got The Blues – Prise 1
2. I Got The Blues – Prise 2
3. Bitch – Prise 1
4. Bitch – Prise 2
5. Brown Sugar (Top Of The Pops, 1971)

Wow, this looks amazing!

Great NEWS!!!
hot smiley Together with Sticky Fingers De Luxe to be seen in my living room from the end of june.

Posted by: kevinkamphuis ()
Date: April 8, 2015 23:41

DandelionPowderman

Audio mastered for a DVD/Bluray release is less compressed (to death) than a standalone audio release...

Don't know why, but we saw it many times...

We also get a 5.1 mix of this show!

Posted by: alhavu1 ()
Date: April 8, 2015 23:44

TheBlockbuster
The sound is alot better I think.
I really hope this release will have the rehearsal part included in very bad quality on some bootleg.
I mean isn't this concert a bit too short for a separate release otherwise?

This Dead Flowers performance is great but would have been better without Taylors bored overplaying imho.

Now I hope the next release will be something from the latter-day era instead.
Le Trabendo '12 + Echoplex '13 in the same package would be a good start!

Yeah Taylor really sucks huh? (Geesh)

Date: April 8, 2015 23:48

with sssoul

Kleer dear, I haven't said anything about it being a lame gig - but Rambler is funny.
Mick's getting all that feedback, he unwinds the mic the wrong way and has to redo it,
Charlie misses his cue and Mick and Keith start laughing - which is all very charming, but ridiculous.

And I'm glad for all of you who aren't sorry they didn't preserve the continuity, okay?
I still wish they'd left the viewer the option of watching it in the right order.
The interstitial material is fun and interesting. It's a Stones show. Fvck-ups and recoveries are part of the fabric.

I like the "Kleer dear" part. smiling smiley

A miss hit by Charlie, nothing new (see the L&G Love In Vain, the beginning of one of the 1973 Australian Shelters for instance), it's all part of the game. They're reacting relaxed. I don't call that "ridiculous". Mick bungling with his mic. It may be funny, but it doesn't affect the music.

Date: April 8, 2015 23:57

kevinkamphuis
DandelionPowderman

Audio mastered for a DVD/Bluray release is less compressed (to death) than a standalone audio release...

It's a different mastering. Same with the vinyl.

Posted by: Lynd8 ()
Date: April 9, 2015 00:05

Well, I do my share of complaining on this here forum, but I'm glad to see this! I always wanted to have a nice clean official live version of "I got the blues" I still think this should have been released on the Super Duper Box of SF, but on the other hand now I can just buy the 2CD version and buy this!

Date: April 9, 2015 00:13

DandelionPowderman
kevinkamphuis
DandelionPowderman

It's a different mastering. Same with the vinyl.

Yes i know it's different. The whole stonesarchive series is mastered WAY to loud with no dynamics preserved. What about the BA '73 LP? Is it a different mastering?

Date: April 9, 2015 00:15

Yep. Same with the Sweet Summer Sun vinyl and BluRays. Different mastering for different formats. The Brussels cd is also a different master.

This is what I'm trying to explain to kleerie, but he turns his deaf ear, because he has listened to the over-compressed digital master.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-09 00:47 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: ouroux58 ()
Date: April 9, 2015 00:18

TheBlockbuster
I really hope this release will have the rehearsal part included in very bad quality on some bootleg.

This Dead Flowers performance is great but would have been better without Taylors bored overplaying imho.

I hope there will be no release from this last era, Barnum is on the road again with the same kind of set list. Since 20 years after each tour we get same the live album and dvd. these last times, we got some super deluxe version with known or unknonw outtakes or live recording and that's what we're waiting for 20 or 30 years. And when we have the oppotunity to get the Marquee Clube in high quality, you find that Mick Taylor is boring, we are just talking about the golden age of the rolling and you are tired by Taylor playing. confused smiley

Posted by: TravelinMan ()
Date: April 9, 2015 00:44

Upon reading Johns' book I learned that Wild Horses was to be played but Keith fell asleep tuning his 12 string and Jagger called it, hence the short set. Damn it Keeeef!!

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: April 9, 2015 00:53

Well, now we know why Mick stopped singing at the same mic as Keith. Razor burn! spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Date: April 9, 2015 00:54

DandelionPowderman
Yep. Same with the Sweet Summer Sun vinyl and BluRays. Different mastering for different formats. The Brussels cd is also a different master.

This is what I'm trying to explain to kleerie, but he turns his deaf ear, because he has listened to the over-compressed digital master.

Sounds like someone should make a professional vinylrip in 24/96. Can you post a snippet for us?

Posted by: TheBlockbuster ()
Date: April 9, 2015 00:58

ouroux58
TheBlockbuster

I hope there will be no release from this last era, Barnum is on the road again with the same kind of set list. Since 20 years after each tour we get same the live album and dvd. these last times, we got some super deluxe version with known or unknonw outtakes or live recording and that's what we're waiting for 20 or 30 years. And when we have the oppotunity to get the Marquee Clube in high quality, you find that Mick Taylor is boring, we are just talking about the golden age of the rolling and you are tired by Taylor playing. confused smiley

But Trabendo and Echoplex had unique setlists, with songs they never played in the arena or stadiums. Other than those two you right that we don't need anything more from 2012-2014.

I'm not bored with Taylor, I just think he sounds like he's bored in this Dead Flowers video. It would be awesome to have a complete show from 1973 on video, instead of this stuff we've already seen.

The golden age is not the same years for everyone.. For me the golden years is 1969-1976 + 1997-2003. I would love to have any unreleased show from those periods. There might be some interesting shows from the Bigger Bang tour they could release as well.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-09 00:59 by TheBlockbuster.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: April 9, 2015 00:58

Great news! This is a consolation prize for those of us who wish to see the real band play songs from Sticky Fingers.

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: April 9, 2015 01:12

71Tele
Great news! This is a consolation prize for those of us who wish to see the real band play songs from Sticky Fingers.

especially since the current one intends to do just that..

Date: April 9, 2015 01:13

DandelionPowderman

Ah, now I see the light (finally)! Those guys just produce different masters for vinyl and CD! How idiot! So I got the compressed, bad mastering in flac, and you've got the dynamic mastering on vinyl, resulting in some kind of Babylon confusion between us Why the hell did they release such a bad mastered CD/flac files and a dynamic vinyl recording? Unbelievable. Still glad I got 'Kevin's' BA, it sounds way better than the flac/CD-version.

Still the Brussels second is a relatively mediocre show, compared to the great 1973 shows that could have been released (it is still very great, but though).

Date: April 9, 2015 01:15

kevinkamphuis
DandelionPowderman

Sounds like someone should make a professional vinylrip in 24/96. Can you post a snippet for us?

Great idea!

Posted by: EasterMan ()
Date: April 9, 2015 01:18

kleermaker
Still the Brussels second is a relatively mediocre show, compared to the great 1973 shows that could have been released (it is still very great, but though).

The Stones h´gave you an unreleased soundboard recording from 1973 and you're complaining?

It must be better to have both shows in soundboard quality instead of them releasing the same show we already had?

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 3 of 13

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2010
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home