Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 2 of 13
Re: The Rolling Stones - The Marquee - Live In 1971 new release !
Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: April 8, 2015 19:07

DandelionPowderman
kleermaker
DandelionPowderman
Great video quality. It SOUNDS a bit better as well.

Not my favourite show, but I'll buy it anyway thumbs up

Don't waste your money!

Is it too much to ask for a little substance when you keep on quoting my post?

It's the Rolling Stones! I love the Rolling Stones. Some albums and shows more than others, though.

Just teasing man, cheer up. This is the real stuff! Makes me recall the release of SF when I was young. The same enthusiasm.

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: April 8, 2015 19:13

Great news !
Looking forward to hopefully improved sound and picture quality.

Date: April 8, 2015 19:13

It's not real, it's staged grinning smiley But it's an interesting release, kleerie.

Posted by: toomuchforme ()
Date: April 8, 2015 19:14

So the Sticky release deluxe is just an appetizer.
They really release many many things. They are perfect
We were dreaming of Checkerboard 81. We got it. Fort Worth Texas. We got it. Hampton 81. We got it. LA Friday + LA video 11. We got them. Brussels 73. We got it.... and more more.
No one can complain

"we know it's a bit late but we hope you don't mind if we stay"

Date: April 8, 2015 19:15

DandelionPowderman
It's not real, it's staged grinning smiley But it's an interesting release, kleerie.

Who cares, it's fantastic music. No overdubs spotted.

Posted by: mitch ()
Date: April 8, 2015 19:18

toomuchforme
So the Sticky release deluxe is just an appetizer.
They really release many many things. They are perfect
We were dreaming of Checkerboard 81. We got it. Fort Worth Texas. We got it. Hampton 81. We got it. LA Friday + LA video 11. We got them. Brussels 73. We got it.... and more more.
No one can complain

True.
Still hoping for the both Paradiso shows!

Posted by: desertblues68 ()
Date: April 8, 2015 19:20

On a extremely superficial note, Mick's torso in 1971 fully justifies the cost of the DVD>grinning smiley<

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: April 8, 2015 19:21

Great to see this!

For me its almost "new" stuff. My boot, one of the first DVD boots I ever bought, had awful image quality and just decent sound quality. Plus, it wouldn't play well. Based on what I could see, I never cared to upgrade. Think I saw it once at the time I bought it and that was it.

Only now I noticed Keith's non shaved face: almost a rarity!

What amp was Taylor using - looks like like Fender

C

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: April 8, 2015 19:22

man that dude had some bad teeth..

Posted by: Tate ()
Date: April 8, 2015 19:23

Excellent, excellent, excellent!! Marquee '71 AND Leeds '71 finally released, and within about a month of each other... That is just fantastic. So excited to see this news.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-08 19:25 by Tate.

Date: April 8, 2015 19:26

kleermaker
DandelionPowderman

Only re-takes smiling smiley

Date: April 8, 2015 19:32

DandelionPowderman
kleermaker
DandelionPowderman

Exactly the same level they had during the 1970 tour. Clear you ears, listen to the DF-performance from Essen and keep on belittling this performance. It won't do it not any harm.

Date: April 8, 2015 19:40

kleermaker
DandelionPowderman
kleermaker
DandelionPowderman

Exactly the same level they had during the 1970 tour. Clear you ears, listen to the DF-performance from Essen and keep on belittling this performance. It won't do it not any harm.

You only get one shot at a song during a real show.

I like the original studio version the most, without the noodling and with Keith in tune.

Posted by: EasterMan ()
Date: April 8, 2015 19:42

DandelionPowderman
I like the original studio version the most, without the noodling and with Keith in tune.

AGREED, to my ears Taylors noodling adds nothing to this song.
Brixton Academy 1995 ain't to bad either.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-08 19:45 by EasterMan.

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: April 8, 2015 19:45

Rollin92
Yh yh Mick, Keef, Mick T all good but listen under the surface. Charlie & Bill are holding it down lovely smoking smiley
Was thinking the same thing! Its easy to get caught up in Mick Taylor (God, who couldn't, he sounds outstanding here). But the other thing I thought was "man, the bass and drums sound stupendous here!" Nice going as always Bill and Charlie.

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: April 8, 2015 19:47

I have never really seen this concert in full so this is a most welcome release for me. And considering most of us probably never would have dreamed they would ever release this show...it's a rather small miracle when put in context.

There weren't any special features on the last vault releases so I doubt we'll get anything besides the main show on here.

Date: April 8, 2015 19:52

Justin
I have never really seen this concert in full so this is a most welcome release for me. And considering most of us probably never would have dreamed they would ever release this show...it's a rather small miracle when put in context.

There weren't any special features on the last vault releases so I doubt we'll get anything besides the main show on here.

We get the outtakes as well. The ones they weren't happy with. Check Cristiano's post.

Posted by: RockDude4492 ()
Date: April 8, 2015 19:55

Anyone know where one could pre-order this yet?

Posted by: 2000 LYFH ()
Date: April 8, 2015 19:57

Date: April 8, 2015 20:00

DandelionPowderman
Justin

We get the outtakes as well. The ones they weren't happy with. Check Cristiano's post.

But they're adding nothing at all. Anyway, I'm glad this time with the great sound quality (finally!). And this sounds so much more exciting than the album version. Sorry Keith fans. But he sings nicely indeed!

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: April 8, 2015 20:09

A great look at the best lineup of this band without all the support musicians clouding the mix. It's a joy to watch and hear just the 5 of them ripping through some of their best tunes ever. Excellent shots of Taylor and his fretboard work and Mick and Keith singing entire phrases together at the same mic.

Regardless of whether it's their best performance or not, it's obvious these guys cared about and were passionate about their music back then. No showy distractions just a genuine attempt by 5 guys to reproduce their new tunes as best they could. You can hear and see what each of them are contributing. A real treat in the context of the current Stones on so many levels.

peace

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-08 20:49 by Naturalust.

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: April 8, 2015 20:20

DandelionPowderman
Justin

Ah thanks! I know so little about this show didn't know there were outtakes.

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: April 8, 2015 20:21

Naturalust
A great look at the best lineup of this band without all the support musicians clouding the mix. It's a joy to watch and hear just the 4 of them ripping through some of their best tunes ever. Excellent shots of Taylor and his fretboard work and Mick and Keith singing entire phrases together at the same mic.

Regardless of whether it's their best performance or not, it's obvious these guys cared about and were passionate about their music back then. No showy distractions just a genuine attempt by 4 guys to reproduce their new tunes as best they could. You can hear and see what each of them are contributing. A real treat in the context of the current Stones on so many levels.

peace

Did you airbrush bill from your post?

Or do you think you are on a Beatles board?

C

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: April 8, 2015 20:30

Lien

Love this, always did. Now even more with this perfect picture and stunningly improved soundtrack - stereo for the first time!

These are MY Stones! The Stones I grew up with. Lame performance? No. Just not the happy-go-lucky performance for mainstream tourists like nowaydays.

I'm pretty sure that the remixed complete stereo soundtrack will reveal a nice little surprise for all those who were understandably put off by the rather dull and badly mixed mono bootleg versions available so far.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-08 20:31 by alimente.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: April 8, 2015 20:32

What's an "SD Blu-ray" ? Standard Definition I suppose like the DVD so it will have better sound options ?

The pictures from FB are nice but details on the contents would be better.

Anyway great quality overall, there are some weird horizontal bands though, at 1'03 or 2'28" for instance?

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: jazzbass ()
Date: April 8, 2015 20:36

Outstanding. I'm at work so I haven't checked... anyone know if it's on iTunes yet?

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: April 8, 2015 20:48

liddas
Naturalust
A great look at the best lineup of this band without all the support musicians clouding the mix. It's a joy to watch and hear just the 5 of them ripping through some of their best tunes ever. Excellent shots of Taylor and his fretboard work and Mick and Keith singing entire phrases together at the same mic.

Regardless of whether it's their best performance or not, it's obvious these guys cared about and were passionate about their music back then. No showy distractions just a genuine attempt by 5 guys to reproduce their new tunes as best they could. You can hear and see what each of them are contributing. A real treat in the context of the current Stones on so many levels.

peace

Did you airbrush bill from your post?

Or do you think you are on a Beatles board?

C

Damn, what was I thinking....corrected. Thanks for catching that. I'm really not sure who I was excluding when I said 4 guys, probably Charlie and God forgive me.

peace

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: April 8, 2015 20:49

Whoa - that video quality. You can see the strings bend during the solo, notice the length of Mick's fingernail, the nick on the body of Mick T's guitar . . . awesome.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: April 8, 2015 20:50

jazzbass

... anyone know if it's on iTunes yet?

Nothing to see in the US/UK/german iTunes Store yet .... it will be out on June 22.

Stones’ ’71 Marquee Gig Comes To DVD: [www.udiscovermusic.com] .

Posted by: kevinkamphuis ()
Date: April 8, 2015 20:53

Great release!

New stereo mix by Bob Clearmountain. Remember the YouTube clip has low quality compressed sound, but you can hear it's nicely mastered. The SD BluRay should sound AMAZING!

From [www.udiscovermusic.com]

This is the latest in the ‘From The Vault’ series of archive releases of classic Rolling Stones performances. The Marquee footage has been painstakingly restored, with the audio mixed by Bob Clearmountain and available in 5.1 surround sound on the DVD and SD Blu-ray formats.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 2 of 13

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1900
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home