Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213...LastNext
Current Page: 8 of 15
Re: Indianapolis IN USA Rolling Stones 2015 show and travel info
Posted by: jrcjohnny99 ()
Date: June 12, 2015 03:28

flacnvinyl
jrcjohnny99
tweedamp3
If they actually want to fill the raceway, Rascle Flats is definitely not the band to help with ticket sales. Again, have 2 to 3 other bands play before the Stones, and make a day out of it. Why open the gates at 1pm?????

in all fairness, the best way to drive sales with a support band is to find one that appeals partially to a different demographic; adding another rock act with 'older' appeal (say Neil Young) would probably not sell any more additional tix than Rascall Flatts would because chances are, most NY fans are probably already going. What you might see happening here is a lot of older folks who are going will now take their kids cos they want to see RF...I'm sure that was the reason for Ed Sheeran

Country is a big deal in Indiana so there is some logic...but I would have preferred just about any other country act...I'm not his biggest fan but Keith Urban would have been a lot better; he loves the Stones, pulls in a younger (and largely female) audience and guested with them in LA in 13 (and played some smoking guitar on "Respectable"

Personally this is horrible for me, but I do understand it for a moving more tix perspective

That's the thing. Country music fans hate RF. They are pop, and bad pop. The Stones management have screwed up big time. So many other acts they could have pulled.

They may not be what 'real' country fans like, but they are massively popular on country radio...

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: June 12, 2015 03:43

flacnvinyl
jrcjohnny99
tweedamp3
If they actually want to fill the raceway, Rascle Flats is definitely not the band to help with ticket sales. Again, have 2 to 3 other bands play before the Stones, and make a day out of it. Why open the gates at 1pm?????

in all fairness, the best way to drive sales with a support band is to find one that appeals partially to a different demographic; adding another rock act with 'older' appeal (say Neil Young) would probably not sell any more additional tix than Rascall Flatts would because chances are, most NY fans are probably already going. What you might see happening here is a lot of older folks who are going will now take their kids cos they want to see RF...I'm sure that was the reason for Ed Sheeran

Country is a big deal in Indiana so there is some logic...but I would have preferred just about any other country act...I'm not his biggest fan but Keith Urban would have been a lot better; he loves the Stones, pulls in a younger (and largely female) audience and guested with them in LA in 13 (and played some smoking guitar on "Respectable"

Personally this is horrible for me, but I do understand it for a moving more tix perspective

That's the thing. Country music fans hate RF. They are pop, and bad pop. The Stones management have screwed up big time. So many other acts they could have pulled.

Pretty sure the Rascal Flatts decision was just to get a "different' demographic to the show. Lots of seats to fill in arguably the worst venue on the tour. Considerably younger crowd who would go just to see their favorite pop stars... to them the Stones are probably just a consolation prize. A perfect opportunity for the Stones to sell some tickets and blow some minds.

peace

Posted by: somegirls18 ()
Date: June 12, 2015 04:10

ticketmaster now says the gates are opening at 4.small print.same at the ims site
[www.indianapolismotorspeedway.com]

Posted by: tweedamp3 ()
Date: June 12, 2015 05:02

as a resident of Indy its BS. I am so glad I am seeing/have seen them on other stops this tour. I feel beyond gipped

Posted by: indystone ()
Date: June 12, 2015 05:13

ErikMalmo
Hi
Thanks for the advices.
Actually we are arriving by bus from Chicago at midday. The day before from Malmö/Sweden.
Renting a car on the 5th for a couple days to go Detroit for the second and last Stones show on this tour. Maybe Argentina later this year!
Understand it will be hotter in Indianapolis on the 4th than Malmö today + 11 C.
Really looking forward!

Have fun in Indy! Can help with any any travel advice if you need it. I'll be in Malmo June 28-29 if you guys want to have a beer before your trip!
Cheers, Brad

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: June 12, 2015 07:09

I wonder how much input the Stones have for choosing the openers? With this
latest choice it seems none. My guess is the promoter has total control. I guess
we're lucky they didn't chose Justin Bieber!

Posted by: StollingRones ()
Date: June 12, 2015 07:45

For those curious about gold ticket delivery, TM rep on Facebook says they have print delay until 6/19 and will ship out soon after that. Apparently they wanted to wait as long as possible to ensure they don't oversell seats- at least that's kind of what it sounded like.

Should see them in the mail box around 6/25 is my guess. Sucks for people like me that upgraded and Resold originals through stubhub. Nothing like TM making you sweat bullets.

Date: June 12, 2015 07:46

swimtothemoon
I wonder how much input the Stones have for choosing the openers? With this
latest choice it seems none. My guess is the promoter has total control. I guess
we're lucky they didn't chose Justin Bieber!

Pretty sure they need the Stones approval for an opening act. They are sharing the same stage, pretty hallowed ground. They might not have picked Rascal Flats but no doubt they gave it the OK.

It's possible that the promoters were more involved on this tour as a sort of guarantee due to the huge venues. In the past it was pretty clearly the Stones solo decision. Hell I doubt Keith could name more than a few up and coming acts these days. It also seems they really left these opening act decisions for the last minute, most acts already had their tours lined up.

peace

Posted by: dhinkle555 ()
Date: June 12, 2015 23:12

Received tickets today that were purchased directly from the Speedway, as has been stated above, an insert stated change in gate time to 4:00 PM.

Really? Rascal Flatts?!!!!
Posted by: nonfilter ()
Date: June 12, 2015 05:20

Why? Indy should be so special. It still will (steel wheel) be, but why would they choose Rascal Flatts to open the show? I gotta admit my excitement level dropped a few points.

[www.non-filters.com]

Re: Really? Rascal Flatts?!!!!
Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: June 12, 2015 05:21

Anythings better than Kid Rock

Posted by: nonfilter ()
Date: June 12, 2015 05:25

Not Rascall Flatts. If they do that version of "Life is a Highway", I may miss the main act.

Posted by: alieb ()
Date: June 12, 2015 05:30

I thought What Hurts The Most was a great song when I heard it on the radio in 6th grade.... I haven't heard/heard of a song by them since

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: June 12, 2015 06:18

Rockman, if you are around, please comment on this situation.

Posted by: RockinJive ()
Date: June 12, 2015 06:32

alieb
I thought What Hurts The Most was a great song when I heard it on the radio in 6th grade.... I haven't heard/heard of a song by them since

We don't when you were in 6th grade. 2 years ago or 15 years ago.

Posted by: eyesoftheworld ()
Date: June 12, 2015 06:43

looks like fun to me

I would be open to someone else, but he is certainly talented and carries a lot of weight in the country world. He is a big time star.

[en.wikipedia.org]

always a fun song : )

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-12 09:48 by eyesoftheworld.

Date: June 12, 2015 19:48

They suck ass plain and simple. So wrong for the Stones. If one of them dares to appear on stage with them I fear for their lives.

Date: June 12, 2015 20:11

tweedamp3
They suck ass plain and simple. So wrong for the Stones. If one of them dares to appear on stage with them I fear for their lives.

Yes, Rascal Flatts is about as lame as it gets. IMO the Stones should have asked Buddy Guy to open up for every show on the Zip Code tour

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-12 20:12 by its good to be anywhere.

Posted by: Stones50 ()
Date: June 12, 2015 20:13

More Hot Rocks
Anythings better than Kid Rock

You can't resist

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: June 12, 2015 22:11

The Stones are just seeing how much we'll actually take.

And actually, the answer is clearly we'll take anything since we've put up with so much unthinkable stuff in the last 20 years.

Posted by: mighty stork ()
Date: June 12, 2015 22:34

eyesoftheworld

I would be open to someone else, but he is certainly talented and carries a lot of weight in the country world. He is a big time star.

Is there a guy named Rascal Flatts? I thought it was the name of the whole group.

Date: June 12, 2015 22:42

mighty stork
eyesoftheworld

Is there a guy named Rascal Flatts? I thought it was the name of the whole group.

It is. The name is probably in the country/bluegrass tradition of naming the band after a creek or geographical area. A flat being a stretch of level ground or a mudbank exposed at low tide or low water level.

peace

Posted by: yeababyyea ()
Date: June 12, 2015 22:57

nonfilter
Not Rascall Flatts. If they do that version of "Life is a Highway", I may miss the main act.

They play that song at every show. It's their definitive warhorse.
Most people will think it's catchy, and I don't see what's so horrible about it.

Posted by: Bungo ()
Date: June 13, 2015 00:35

Just Boo them off the stage like we did to Babe Ruth when they opened for Roxy Music at the Academy Of Music in New York back in '75. (That reminds me. I need to start a new thread asking if anyone remembers seeing an act booed off the stage at a concert.)

Posted by: MRJIMMMY ()
Date: June 13, 2015 00:49

iggy pop at the silverdome in 81 if my partying hazed memory is correct. drinking smiley

Date: June 13, 2015 01:02

if they are actually looking to sell 100,000 tickets, that was definitely not the way to do it. Mick will blame Indy again for poor ticket sales. Guess what you chose a venue that is too big and offered way to little.

Posted by: alieb ()
Date: June 13, 2015 01:09

RockinJive
alieb

We don't when you were in 6th grade. 2 years ago or 15 years ago.

When it came out, 10 years ago
Listened to it again yesterday and it doesn't sound so great now that I'm an adult

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-13 01:11 by alieb.

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: June 13, 2015 01:28

MRJIMMMY
iggy pop at the silverdome in 81 if my partying hazed memory is correct. drinking smiley

Yesssssssss and do you remember all that stuff on the stage.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: June 13, 2015 01:30

yeababyyea
nonfilter

They play that song at every show. It's their definitive warhorse.
Most people will think it's catchy, and I don't see what's so horrible about it.

The original by Tom Cochrane was great this dummified version for the Disney 'Cars' movie is horrible.

NO REGRETS!

Posted by: shadooby ()
Date: June 13, 2015 01:32

Better them than Kid Rock, the modern day Milli Vanilli. But if that's who they choose, I still wouldn't "boo him off the stage".

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-13 01:38 by shadooby.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213...LastNext
Current Page: 8 of 15

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2306
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home