Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...56789101112131415Next
Current Page: 12 of 15
Re: Indianapolis IN USA Rolling Stones 2015 show and travel info
Posted by: relms ()
Date: July 2, 2015 06:28

shattered
relms
jboug44
Any one who is bored can check out the cam the next couple days to watch the progress

[www.theindychannel.com]

COOL!! Thank you !smileys with beer

I do realize it is dark in Indy, but where is the link?

I assumed they turned off the tower cam at night, but I will look tommorow

Posted by: jrcjohnny99 ()
Date: July 2, 2015 06:29

relms
shattered
relms
jboug44
Any one who is bored can check out the cam the next couple days to watch the progress

[www.theindychannel.com]

COOL!! Thank you !smileys with beer

I do realize it is dark in Indy, but where is the link?

I assumed they turned off the tower cam at night, but I will look tommorow

It's the IMS cam, still on you just cant see anything!

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: July 2, 2015 06:30

jrcjohnny99
relms
Send It To me
Always wanted to hear Moonlight Mile. Went to Columbus - nope. Went to Kansas City - nope. If I head out to Indy, do ya'll think it'll be three strikes?? Wild Horses for the third time??

Yup, but you will probably get "Knockin" in Indy, but maybe they will do Moonlight Mile 2 dates in a row, but that is not the trend.

I assumed I wouldn't get it in Milwaukee after they did it in Pittsburgh, but they played it!
I do think there's a better chance we get Wild Horses in Indy, but you never know

Do you think the voting is rigged to canned songs?

Date: July 2, 2015 06:33

shattered
jrcjohnny99
relms
Send It To me
Always wanted to hear Moonlight Mile. Went to Columbus - nope. Went to Kansas City - nope. If I head out to Indy, do ya'll think it'll be three strikes?? Wild Horses for the third time??

Yup, but you will probably get "Knockin" in Indy, but maybe they will do Moonlight Mile 2 dates in a row, but that is not the trend.

I assumed I wouldn't get it in Milwaukee after they did it in Pittsburgh, but they played it!
I do think there's a better chance we get Wild Horses in Indy, but you never know

Do you think the voting is rigged to canned songs?

Honestly the vote songs have surprised me recently; Heartbreaker and Shine A Light were great to hear and not the ones you would have expected...

Date: July 2, 2015 06:36

Ya, I know. It would be impossible for them to play anything without mistakes. Do you think we will get Moonlight in Indy?

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: July 2, 2015 07:17

Date: July 2, 2015 07:21

Cristiano Radtke
[www.youtube.com]

Thank you.

Posted by: jboug44 ()
Date: July 2, 2015 15:41

Here's an aerial shot from the news this morning. Added little arrows so you can see what appears to be the barriers going up between gold to silver and silver to bronze.

And another showing the whole area

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-02 15:49 by jboug44.

Posted by: TiminIndy ()
Date: July 2, 2015 19:56

jboug44
Here's an aerial shot from the news this morning. Added little arrows so you can see what appears to be the barriers going up between gold to silver and silver to bronze.

Thanks - yea, on the webcam, the gold-silver barrier is being built now. I don't like all of the obstructions I see at the front of the silver. I assume the platform with the blue arrow is the sound board, but it seems awfully big for that. Not sure what the yellow arrow and orange arrow things are, but they just put a tent cover over the yellow area thing. I think we want to get as close as we can between blue and orange, so we are in the grass.

I'm a fleabit peanut monkey

Date: July 2, 2015 19:59

Maybe that platform is for handicap seating. Anyone know where I can get a wheelchair?

Date: July 2, 2015 20:49

TiminIndy
Maybe that platform is for handicap seating. Anyone know where I can get a wheelchair?[/quote

Thats certainly possible tho it seems pretty big for that, and wouldn't you assume that would be on the entrance side, not the most furthest point from?

Posted by: somegirls18 ()
Date: July 2, 2015 20:56

When I purchased god tickets IMS told me if I bought premier parking I would be able to go in and out of the concert areas. Also told it would be open at one. Today they are telling me that once you go in you have to stay in. With the amazing warm up bands I will now eat my parking pass unless someone wants it for 50 bucks. Are the some decent bars to go to till 8 pm or so. We will be walking up from the east. between 10th and 16th streets coming from the river.

Ims lady told me that the Stones picked Rascal Flats. Really?

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: July 2, 2015 21:21

somegirls18
When I purchased god tickets IMS told me if I bought premier parking I would be able to go in and out of the concert areas. Also told it would be open at one. Today they are telling me that once you go in you have to stay in. With the amazing warm up bands I will now eat my parking pass unless someone wants it for 50 bucks. Are the some decent bars to go to till 8 pm or so. We will be walking up from the east. between 10th and 16th streets coming from the river.

That Premier Parking - what a scam. The free parking across the street looks closer to me.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: July 2, 2015 21:31

You know, that "gold" area looks awfully big, if it extends to the twin lighting fixtures they've been using on the tour.

Posted by: dhinkle555 ()
Date: July 2, 2015 21:42

There are some new bars and restaurants on Main Street Speedway which is just about 3 blocks from the main entrance to the Speedway, ie, the southwest corner of the property where Crawfordsville Road meets 16th Street. That is about a 15 - 20 minute walk to the walk in entrances at gate 6 and 7 off of Georgetown Road

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: July 2, 2015 21:58

Are they really going to try to pack 100,000 onto that mostly asphalt parking lot? I think I'd have to buy an extra seat and pay for the beer vendor to stay put a mere inches from my drinking hand. drinking smiley

Date: July 2, 2015 22:58

drbryant
You know, that "gold" area looks awfully big, if it extends to the twin lighting fixtures they've been using on the tour.

It really does, looks like the Gold area is about 175ft in depth, much bigger than I expected, and that would suggest they were expecting to sell about 10,000 Gold tix, which I can't believe they are anywhere near...I think there is going to be a LOT of space at the back of that section

Posted by: jboug44 ()
Date: July 2, 2015 23:08

somegirls18

I highly doubt they picked them. Rascal Flatts are signed to Big Machine Records and Big Machine has big time ties to IMS and to Indy Car. The Stones might've said yeah sure in the end, but there's no doubting that IMS and Big Machine made it happen. Stinks because big machine has other, better artists but Zac Brown Band is in Denver on the 3rd, Tim McGraw has a show in Indy next month, and Taylor Swift( yes I'd rather have her the Rascal Flatts) is here in two months and is in Canada presently.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-02 23:11 by jboug44.

Posted by: dhinkle555 ()
Date: July 3, 2015 00:26

John Fogerty is playing in southwest Michigan Friday night and in Indy Sunday. Would be great for him to guest on a song with the Stones

Date: July 3, 2015 00:34

jboug44

I highly doubt they picked them. Rascal Flatts are signed to Big Machine Records and Big Machine has big time ties to IMS and to Indy Car. The Stones might've said yeah sure in the end, but there's no doubting that IMS and Big Machine made it happen. Stinks because big machine has other, better artists but Zac Brown Band is in Denver on the 3rd, Tim McGraw has a show in Indy next month, and Taylor Swift( yes I'd rather have her the Rascal Flatts) is here in two months and is in Canada presently.

Right now, Taylor Swift is probably a bigger draw than the Stones, so that would have never happened anyhow. I checked her tour and in the next month she has 2 nights at MetLife Stadium (NY/NJ), 2 nights at Soldier Field (Chicago), 2 nights at Gillette Stadium (Boston), 1 night in CenturyLink Field (Seattle), and 2 nights at Levi's Stadium (Santa Clara, CA).

Big Machine also has a few other acts I would rather have seen: Reba McEntire (playing Vegas July 3 & 4), Martina McBride, and Florida Georgia Line.

Really, I think instead of trying to diversify to bring in a mixed audience, they should have doubled down on another well known rock act to further entice casual Stones fans. Someone like George Thorogood or a J Geils reunion, Mellencamp,Foo Fighters, etc...

Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: July 3, 2015 00:48

Wish the show were at Lucas Oil Stadium instead of a freaking parking lot

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: July 3, 2015 00:51

Naturalust
Are they really going to try to pack 100,000 onto that mostly asphalt parking lot? I think I'd have to buy an extra seat and pay for the beer vendor to stay put a mere inches from my drinking hand. drinking smiley

...and a portapotti reasonably nearby too!

Date: July 3, 2015 01:37

Did they already have the song vote for Indy? I can't find it anywhere...

Posted by: DREAMTIME ()
Date: July 3, 2015 02:11

FREE TICKET FROM LOCAL GAL....

[indianapolis.craigslist.org]

Posted by: sundevil ()
Date: July 3, 2015 02:16

man, i knew it. i knew they would screw this up. look at that parking lot. why not place the stage center? have seats? that gold section looks way bigger than the map. if the silver section starts at the delay speakers that could mean messed up sound. and i got a good chance of standing on concrete the entire time?

100,000 people going and parking doesn't start til 4 pm? IMS is open for the entire month of may with people getting royally drunk every day of practice. the stones will be way tamer than any 500 they put on. their typical patron is someone who would 100% support the south carolina shooter and the confederate flag.

bill wyman got anything to do with this tour stop?

Posted by: mnewman505 ()
Date: July 3, 2015 02:26

I'm staying as far away from this one as possible, this has disaster ala Texas Motor Speedway 1997 written all over it.

Posted by: DREAMTIME ()
Date: July 3, 2015 02:33

sundevil
man, i knew it. i knew they would screw this up. look at that parking lot. why not place the stage center? have seats? that gold section looks way bigger than the map. if the silver section starts at the delay speakers that could mean messed up sound. and i got a good chance of standing on concrete the entire time?

100,000 people going and parking doesn't start til 4 pm? IMS is open for the entire month of may with people getting royally drunk every day of practice. the stones will be way tamer than any 500 they put on. their typical patron is someone who would 100% support the south carolina shooter and the confederate flag.

bill wyman got anything to do with this tour stop?

First, there will not be 100,000 people in attendance. Stop promoting hype! Second, seats are for old people and I'm 59 and I understand rock n roll is not seats!

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: July 3, 2015 02:36

mnewman505
I'm staying as far away from this one as possible, this has disaster ala Texas Motor Speedway 1997 written all over it.

I hope it's a success but I just can't imagine the typical 60 year old Stones crowd enjoying the layout and the venue very much. This would work fine for the late 70's audience but in 2015 it just seems like poor planning to me.

Of course the Stones will probably put on the best performance of the tour and we'll all wish we had our spot in the lot. smoking smiley

Posted by: Long John Stoner ()
Date: July 3, 2015 02:37

at least the weather is supposed to be clear but man, so far this looks like a logistical cluster fvck.

Posted by: sundevil ()
Date: July 3, 2015 02:55

First, there will not be 100,000 people in attendance. Stop promoting hype! Second, seats are for old people and I'm 59 and I understand rock n roll is not seats!

what the hell are you talking about. i had the pure misfortune of living there for five years. indy never does anything right. straight up church lady A-holes. the entire town has a massive inferiority complex.

for crowd size just going by what too many others have said, 100,000. those gold and silver fence placements point to the biggest crowd of the tour. wanted to be parked no later than 2:00 pm and be in the venue as soon as doors open. a blanket does not make concrete soft. last time i did the stadium no seats thing was in 1978, and it was a pain then, too.

all i want is a nice, comfortable show, not eight plus hours of one pain in the ass hassle after another while having to deal with people straight out of 1954.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...56789101112131415Next
Current Page: 12 of 15

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1695
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home