Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 6 of 15
Re: Indianapolis IN USA Rolling Stones 2015 show and travel info
Posted by: indystonesfan ()
Date: May 25, 2015 23:15

Might have to sit this one out. Yeah I know its probably the last time but even though they are coming through my turf it is turning into a crazy spring of other problems and after some of the videos from SD/Petco this seems like its the same stuff and staging as Australia just mines Taylor. I've them play most of the Sticky Fingers songs live anyway-maybe not in order or as a group but over the years I've heard them so its getting hard to justify the cost or time. We'll see maybe if the weather is good and Ive got the cash on hand I will go.

Posted by: Leonioid ()
Date: May 25, 2015 23:23

indystonesfan
Might have to sit this one out. Yeah I know its probably the last time but even though they are coming through my turf it is turning into a crazy spring of other problems and after some of the videos from SD/Petco this seems like its the same stuff and staging as Australia just mines Taylor. I've them play most of the Sticky Fingers songs live anyway-maybe not in order or as a group but over the years I've heard them so its getting hard to justify the cost or time. We'll see maybe if the weather is good and Ive got the cash on hand I will go.

If the Stones come to your town and you skip them you will regret it. At least go down to the Speedway and listen from the outside for free... plus BIG FIREWORKS!!

Date: May 25, 2015 23:26

Mister_D
Leonioid
I might also suggest going ahead and buy a $75.00 great parking spot.

$75 to park? Ya kidding me? You could park in Midtown Manhattan for that much money... for a whole week... and have your oil changed...

Does the $75 get you a quicker exit? Does that lot have a dedicated ramp to the interstate?
Wow.

If you are looking for a argument then look elsewhere... if you dont get it... then dont buy it

Posted by: Mister_D ()
Date: May 26, 2015 00:33

Leonioid
Mister_D
Leonioid

$75 to park? Ya kidding me? You could park in Midtown Manhattan for that much money... for a whole week... and have your oil changed...

Does the $75 get you a quicker exit? Does that lot have a dedicated ramp to the interstate?
Wow.

If you are looking for a argument then look elsewhere... if you dont get it... then dont buy it

Or maybe you shouldn't be peddling bad advice to unknowledgeable international visitors.

Date: May 26, 2015 00:36

Mister_D
Leonioid
Mister_D
Leonioid

Wow.

Or maybe you shouldn't be peddling bad advice to unknowledgeable international visitors.
lol

Date: May 26, 2015 00:47

If anyone thinks $75 is too much then call the speedway and take it up with them.

If someone is spending a lot of money to fly over here they will probably not mind spending a bit more to have very close access to their car (shelter from rain, A/C if it is too hot) very very close by.

And this parking advice was given in conjunction with a VIP Gold section. Have the VIP parking and a Gold VIP pass and one can stroll in 10 minutes to show time and have the best view of the tour.

The VIP parking will sell out... did all of those people get bad advice?

btw- peddle means to sell. I offer a lot of advice here. I often take my time to assist people who ask questions and so far have I never received a penny... unlike some people who only come here to... who knows why...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-26 00:56 by Leonioid.

Posted by: dhinkle555 ()
Date: May 26, 2015 01:34

For Erik Malmo if you are arriving early afternoon on the 4th by air you didn't state whether you would be renting a car or taking a cab to the Speedway. If you take a cab you might consider Main Street Speedway for pre show food and drink. The article below from the local newspaper has a list of places as well as a map. These are about a 10 minute walk to the main speedway gate and it would take you about 20 minutes to get into the infield where the concert will be held. There should be cabs back to your hotel, but it would be good to arrange for a pick up as it will be late and the Speedway is not used to having 60,000 people there at midnight.

Main Street Speedway

Posted by: J.J.Flash ()
Date: May 26, 2015 01:41

Anyone know if the 2 day RV deal includes hookin up some electric? Not seeing where it says what you get besides a R.V. spot. Too late anyway I'm already in.

Posted by: TiminIndy ()
Date: May 26, 2015 05:56

Leonioid
If anyone thinks $75 is too much then call the speedway and take it up with them.

If someone is spending a lot of money to fly over here they will probably not mind spending a bit more to have very close access to their car (shelter from rain, A/C if it is too hot) very very close by.

And this parking advice was given in conjunction with a VIP Gold section. Have the VIP parking and a Gold VIP pass and one can stroll in 10 minutes to show time and have the best view of the tour.

The VIP parking will sell out... did all of those people get bad advice?

btw- peddle means to sell. I offer a lot of advice here. I often take my time to assist people who ask questions and so far have I never received a penny... unlike some people who only come here to... who knows why...

Or if you want lunch before the show, just walk over to the infield parking and there will be plenty of people tailgating and grilling out some great picnic food.

My family is flying in for the show from all over (we're all born and raised here). We haven't made plans on whether we will tailgate in the infield or not, but if we do, I'll let you know. The other tailgate area where the campers will be is the Coke lot across the street (Coca-cola plant). It's a huge lawn where millions have camped before the Indy 500 over the years.

Justin Wilson in car #25 finished 20th Sunday. He didn't wreck - I guess that's a good sign!

I'm a fleabit peanut monkey

Posted by: ErikMalmo ()
Date: May 27, 2015 01:18

Hi
Thanks for the advices.
Actually we are arriving by bus from Chicago at midday. The day before from Malmö/Sweden.
Renting a car on the 5th for a couple days to go Detroit for the second and last Stones show on this tour. Maybe Argentina later this year!
Understand it will be hotter in Indianapolis on the 4th than Malmö today + 11 C.
Really looking forward!

Date: May 27, 2015 04:14

Erik, You are right, temperature in Indy for July 4th would be normally be mid to high 80's, same in Detroit. Hope you have a great trip. Let us know any other Indy questions.

Posted by: dooomandglooom ()
Date: May 28, 2015 21:52

hello, I'll go to Indy show from Japan.
I have a question.
After the concert, is there any way to go back to downtown?

Posted by: jrcjohnny99 ()
Date: May 28, 2015 22:06

dooomandglooom
hello, I'll go to Indy show from Japan.
I have a question.
After the concert, is there any way to go back to downtown?

Taxis will be hard to come by, you may want to consider Uber; its basically a private car service, download the app and review info online;
That said, UBER rates will be sky high that night.
You would actually be cheaper renting a car or perhaps even better, sourcing a ride on here;
I may even be able to help you out myself

Posted by: Sylvia ()
Date: May 29, 2015 12:14

Hi, we are from Cologne Germany and look forward immensely to the concert in Indianapolis. We bought at Ticketmaster following package: the Gold Early Entry Package. Can someone tell me whether the VIP Fan Packs will be sent to me. Or do we get it at the concert.

Date: May 29, 2015 16:00

I don't know for this tour but for then 2013 50 and Counting Tour, the fan package was mailed.

Posted by: awebb7 ()
Date: May 29, 2015 16:06

Still no update on openers....

Posted by: Marln864 ()
Date: May 29, 2015 17:06

Just got 2 vip tx. Going to be great.

Posted by: Mick2014 ()
Date: May 29, 2015 19:17

i think the VIP Tickets you must pick up at the VIP entrance.
I don't now the Gold Tickets.

I am from Bavaria Germany and i fly 1 day before to Toronto and go by car to Indianapolis.

I have 2 VIP Tickets to sell.

on Dependance Day and to see the Stones, it would be great.

Date: May 30, 2015 05:27

ErikMalmo
Hi
Thanks for the advices.
Actually we are arriving by bus from Chicago at midday. The day before from Malmö/Sweden.
Renting a car on the 5th for a couple days to go Detroit for the second and last Stones show on this tour. Maybe Argentina later this year!
Understand it will be hotter in Indianapolis on the 4th than Malmö today + 11 C.
Really looking forward!

If you must take a bus from Chicago, I would try to avoid Greyhound. They typically carry many of the dregs of our society - probably far from what you are used to in Europe. I checked and there is no train service on Saturday. Megabus would probably be better and it is only $33 from Chicago to Indy.

For those staying downtown, they may set up special shuttle service from the speedway to downtown. I know three very reliable cab drivers who can be scheduled for before or after the concert or whenever you fly in or out. All three work for Indy Yellow Cab, which is regulated and has standardized rates, unlike Uber, who will likely charge an exorbitant event rate for the concert.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: May 30, 2015 05:46

Mick2014

I am from Bavaria Germany and i fly 1 day before to Toronto and go by car to Indianapolis.

We welcome you to America, hope you have a great time!

Just a bit of American history to keep you informed, it's actually called Independence Day, 4th of July, celebrating the day we approved a document call The Declaration of Independence declaring our original 13 colonies freedom from British rule. That happened on July 4, 1776.

We wouldn't actually become dependent on the British again until some very cool bands started selling our music back to us in the 1960's and we developed an addiction to one called The Rolling Stones. The actual day of dependence varies from fan to fan and continues to this day. smoking smiley

peace

Posted by: eyesoftheworld ()
Date: May 30, 2015 07:00

This is gonna be a heck of a Fourth of July for music;
The Stones
The Grateful Dead

Willie Nelson and the Foo Fighters

I will be spending time with family, partying my face off and seeing July 4th and July 6th of the Dead (just on Pay Per View). We are hosting a party that weekend but I will be watching.

I think the Stones show is gonna rock and I love that they're playing such a large venue that day.

It should be too much fun in the sweet summer sun.

Posted by: tauk ()
Date: May 30, 2015 07:36

Naturalust
Mick2014

We welcome you to America, hope you have a great time!

Just a bit of American history to keep you informed, it's actually called Independence Day, 4th of July, celebrating the day we approved a document call The Declaration of Independence declaring our original 13 colonies freedom from British rule. That happened on July 4, 1776.

We wouldn't actually become dependent on the British again until some very cool bands started selling our music back to us in the 1960's and we developed an addiction to one called The Rolling Stones. The actual day of dependence varies from fan to fan and continues to this day. smoking smiley

peace

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
thumbs upOh Naturalust, another home run from you...I'd love to hear you be a guest speaker in a college classroom on "The History of Rock & it's role in US-BRITISH relations"!!~~I'll bet the students would love it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-30 07:47 by tauk.

Posted by: Mister_D ()
Date: May 31, 2015 08:51

Mick2014
...on Dependance Day and to see the Stones, it would be great.

That's probably the most hilarious (and frightningly truest) thing I've ever read on this site!

Posted by: paintedhighway ()
Date: June 1, 2015 00:51

I could be way off, but I'm starting to suspect that Neil Young might be the opener for Indy. His summer tour kicks off the following night in Milwaukee, and the routing misses Indianapolis. Perhaps they're trying to maximize Cincinnati sales prior to announcing his addition to the Indy bill?

Posted by: ErikMalmo ()
Date: June 1, 2015 01:25

Fantastic if this it true that Neil Young is the openin act.
Thank you Timinindy, we just ordered tickets with the Megabus on top.
We are trying to upgrade from gold tickets to VIP is this at all possible?
Really looking forward to some hot days in US!

Date: June 1, 2015 03:37

ErikMalmo

No problem. If you want the number for my cab driver to schedule rides, let me know. He will schedule rides and is very reliable - I've been calling him for 10 years. I also have two other backup drivers for when Tommy is booked. Here's a nice write up on the best cab driver in Indy:

https://www.angieslist.com/articles/tommys-taxi-provides-more-just-transportation.htm

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: June 1, 2015 09:42

ErikMalmo

I don't think Neil would consider opening for anyone at this point in his career.
But if they need additional ticket sales this would be a way to do it. Neil
would be pricey as a opening band.

Posted by: Sylvia ()
Date: June 8, 2015 13:52

can someone tell me whether Ticketmaster has sent the tickets for Indy?

Posted by: jrcjohnny99 ()
Date: June 8, 2015 17:41

Sylvia
can someone tell me whether Ticketmaster has sent the tickets for Indy?

I've had mine for weeks...

Posted by: awebb7 ()
Date: June 8, 2015 23:34

They have not mailed my Gold tickets yet.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 6 of 15

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1783
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home