Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...56789101112131415Next
Current Page: 11 of 15
Re: Indianapolis IN USA Rolling Stones 2015 show and travel info
Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: June 30, 2015 08:37

Howdy shattered ....

Coliseum .... opening act The Shangri-Las

ROCKMAN

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: June 30, 2015 08:56

Rockman
Howdy shattered ....

As always, thank you, and keep up the humor.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: June 30, 2015 09:01

....OKAY man I'll try ....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: dhinkle555 ()
Date: June 30, 2015 17:44

From Setlist.FM Show in San Bernardino, CA two weeks before

1. Not Fade Away (The Crickets cover)
2. Time Is on My Side (Kai Winding & His Orchestra cover)
3. I'm All Right (Bo Diddley cover)
4. It's All Over Now (The Valentinos cover)
5. If You Need Me (Wilson Pickett cover)
6. Carol (Chuck Berry cover)
7. I'm a King Bee (Slim Harpo cover)
8. Tell Me
9. Confessin' the Blues (Jay McShann cover)
10. Around and Around (Chuck Berry cover)

Date: June 30, 2015 19:26

Local news just had a helicopter shot of the stage being built at the Speedway. Looks like they are just getting started.

Posted by: BillPriff ()
Date: June 30, 2015 20:26

Butler university choir to join the Rolling Stones on July 4th according to local news

Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: June 30, 2015 20:54

So, with open seating, if you leave to get a beer or take a whiz, you lose your spot and have to go to the back of the section?

Posted by: relms ()
Date: June 30, 2015 21:33

flacnvinyl
flacnvinyl
If I do go, I guarantee you I will just drive up with some cash a few hours before the Stones go on. Honestly I doubt I'm going to this one and it's only 2 hours away.

Still debating internally.....

Drake, come on, you know what needs to be done here. You have the money, these are The Stones. They are beckoning you and your recording equipment, heed the siren's call.

Go to what may be one of the best Stones shows on this tour, maybe in history!!!!

This show has multiple coolness to it. The Stones are ON TOP OF THEIR GAME!!!
THE INDIANAPOLIS MOTORSPEEDWAY!!! 4TH OF FREEKIN JULY!!! SATURDAY NIGHT MAN!!

Only 2 hours away, this is all yours.

If you do not go you will regret it forever and ever.

Skip buying fireworks and blow the 400 bucks and get yourself to the very very very front, in to that tiny VIP area (10 feet from Kieth, up there with the elite for only 400 bucks) and have the time of your life. IT IS WORTH IT!!! With that ticket you show up 30 minutes before show time and walk to the frontest of the front sections.

That is what money is for. You can afford it. You make that much in one job. It is only 2 hours away. It is an easy drive. Go and record it and forever and ever "Drake's Indy 2015 Stone's show in Indy" will exist. This is your density.

In the end the only regrets we have are the opportunities not taken.

PS
WOW!! have you heard this bad ass recording Drake made in Nashville? It is awesome!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-30 21:37 by relms.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: June 30, 2015 22:25

Rockman
Howdy shattered ....

dhinkle555

8. Tell Me

With the Shangri-las! So cool. Aside from "Tell Me", I love that setlist. It would be great if they would play "Carol" or "King Bee" at Indy for old times sake.

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: June 30, 2015 23:03

relms
flacnvinyl
flacnvinyl
If I do go, I guarantee you I will just drive up with some cash a few hours before the Stones go on. Honestly I doubt I'm going to this one and it's only 2 hours away.

Drake, come on, you know what needs to be done here. You have the money, these are The Stones. They are beckoning you and your recording equipment, heed the siren's call.

Go to what may be one of the best Stones shows on this tour, maybe in history!!!!

Skip buying fireworks and blow the 400 bucks and get yourself to the very very very front, in to that tiny VIP area (10 feet from Kieth, up there with the elite for only 400 bucks) and have the time of your life. IT IS WORTH IT!!! With that ticket you show up 30 minutes before show time and walk to the frontest of the front sections.

That is what money is for. You can afford it. You make that much in one job. It is only 2 hours away. It is an easy drive. Go and record it and forever and ever "Drake's Indy 2015 Stone's show in Indy" will exist. This is your density.

PS
WOW!! have you heard this bad ass recording Drake made in Nashville? It is awesome!

Relms you just made my day! Today I spoke with several friends who are going or are considering going. I am certain that there will be plenty of excellent recordings of this gig! Relay towers everywhere will make it easy I am sure! Honestly though, I'd love to go. I don't think it's in the cards for me at this point. That might change over the next few days as I'd love to hang with fellow fans and enjoy a good show in person. My kids and better half all want to spend Saturday together too. Unlike others I won't abandon my family to go see the Stones! Ha! And our 6 month old is way too tiny for Indy. Although our 5 year old loves Chuck Berry songs as much as me!

Date: June 30, 2015 23:34

flacnvinyl
relms
flacnvinyl
flacnvinyl

PS

Relms you just made my day! Today I spoke with several friends who are going or are considering going. I am certain that there will be plenty of excellent recordings of this gig! Relay towers everywhere will make it easy I am sure! Honestly though, I'd love to go. I don't think it's in the cards for me at this point. That might change over the next few days as I'd love to hang with fellow fans and enjoy a good show in person. My kids and better half all want to spend Saturday together too. Unlike others I won't abandon my family to go see the Stones! Ha! And our 6 month old is way too tiny for Indy. Although our 5 year old loves Chuck Berry songs as much as me!
smileys with beer

Date: June 30, 2015 23:46

Soon The Stones will be far far far away... and all of this will be in the past and anyone who is close by and skips going may will look back and say "DAMN IT, I should have gone, I should have gotten it while the getting was good".

But they wont be able to say "I wish someone had told me"

Anyone close to Indy who is on the fence, RIGHT NOW is the time to see them

Somehow, by some magic or something, these guys are still able to play as well as they ever have and it is so much fun to see the live show when they are playing this good.

The Stones show at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway will be one for the ages.
If you are able to attend, do not miss it, or you will regret it.

Posted by: two4fun111 ()
Date: July 1, 2015 00:15

what is the seating situation in the Gold Zones? some seating, some standing?

thanks

Date: July 1, 2015 00:30

Per articles in the local Indy paper on Sunday, the only seating is handicapped with wheel chairs there will be a handicapped platform. All other attendance is standing room, no lawn or bag chairs allowed. Can bring blankets.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: July 1, 2015 00:35

drbryant
Rockman
Howdy shattered ....

dhinkle555

8. Tell Me

With the Shangri-las! So cool. Aside from "Tell Me", I love that setlist. It would be great if they would play "Carol" or "King Bee" at Indy for old times sake.

But they didn't play Indy in '64. Fort Wayne is a totally different Indiana City, up north. Maybe they didn't even play King Bee because they had no slide player. Have any photos surfaced of the 60s Stones being a quartet?

In fact the Stones didn't play Indy (at the Coliseum) until July 9th, 1966. That was a whole different setlist. Most likely along these lines:

Not Fade Away
The Last Time
Paint It Black
Under My Thumb
Stupid Girl
Time Is On My Side
Lady Jane
Play With Fire
Doncha Bother Me
The Spider And The Fly
Mothers Little Helper
Get Off Of My Cloud
19th Nervous Breakdown
(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: July 1, 2015 05:28

24FPS
drbryant
Rockman
Howdy shattered ....

dhinkle555

8. Tell Me

But they didn't play Indy in '64. Fort Wayne is a totally different Indiana City, up north. Maybe they didn't even play King Bee because they had no slide player. Have any photos surfaced of the 60s Stones being a quartet?

In fact the Stones didn't play Indy (at the Coliseum) until July 9th, 1966. That was a whole different setlist. Most likely along these lines:

Not Fade Away
The Last Time
Paint It Black
Under My Thumb
Stupid Girl
Time Is On My Side
Lady Jane
Play With Fire
Doncha Bother Me
The Spider And The Fly
Mothers Little Helper
Get Off Of My Cloud
19th Nervous Breakdown

Right, but I asked about Ft. Wayne because the 66 shows are well documented, and not quite as interesting as the 64 shows.

Didn't Brian miss a number of shows in 64? Maybe Keith just played a couple more Chuck Berry numbers - or maybe they just played "King Bee" without the sting. I'm not sure how dedicated they were to quality control back then. I would be curious if anyone has setlists for the non-Brian shows.

Date: July 1, 2015 09:45

drbryant
24FPS
drbryant
Rockman
Howdy shattered ....

dhinkle555

8. Tell Me

Not Fade Away
The Last Time
Paint It Black
Under My Thumb
Stupid Girl
Time Is On My Side
Lady Jane
Play With Fire
Doncha Bother Me
The Spider And The Fly
Mothers Little Helper
Get Off Of My Cloud
19th Nervous Breakdown

Right, but I asked about Ft. Wayne because the 66 shows are well documented, and not quite as interesting as the 64 shows.

Didn't Brian miss a number of shows in 64? Maybe Keith just played a couple more Chuck Berry numbers - or maybe they just played "King Bee" without the sting. I'm not sure how dedicated they were to quality control back then. I would be curious if anyone has setlists for the non-Brian shows.

It looks like he missed up to 4 shows around the time they were in Fort Wayne. I don't remember what the excuse was.

Posted by: andrea66 ()
Date: July 1, 2015 11:55

are they going to sell 100.000 tickets? it would be great

Posted by: boldasluv ()
Date: July 1, 2015 14:11

Greetings,
The Indianapolis Fairgrounds Coliseum in 1966 was my first show. A couple of years earlier I had passed on the Beatles concert to see the Dave Clark 5 on my birthday in November. Then my cousin gave me Aftermath, my first Stones album, and I was hooked. I can't remember the set list for 1966.
It's been a while, but it seemed "Aftermathy", if that's a word. smiling smiley
Going out to the track today to check on the stage construction.
Can't wait for Saturday!

Posted by: jboug44 ()
Date: July 1, 2015 16:21

andrea66
are they going to sell 100.000 tickets? it would be great

Highly doubtful. Last I had heard, they were over 50,000 and hoping to be in the 70-80,000 range by show time.

Posted by: jboug44 ()
Date: July 1, 2015 16:37

Any one who is bored can check out the cam the next couple days to watch the progress

[www.theindychannel.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-01 16:43 by jboug44.

Posted by: TiminIndy ()
Date: July 2, 2015 05:12

Moving right along:

I'm a fleabit peanut monkey

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-02 05:13 by TiminIndy.

Date: July 2, 2015 05:46

Always wanted to hear Moonlight Mile. Went to Columbus - nope. Went to Kansas City - nope. If I head out to Indy, do ya'll think it'll be three strikes?? Wild Horses for the third time??

Date: July 2, 2015 06:04

Send It To me
Always wanted to hear Moonlight Mile. Went to Columbus - nope. Went to Kansas City - nope. If I head out to Indy, do ya'll think it'll be three strikes?? Wild Horses for the third time??

Yup, but you will probably get "Knockin" in Indy, but maybe they will do Moonlight Mile 2 dates in a row, but that is not the trend.

But no matter what, go to Indy because it is fun and memorable and good times to chase Stones songs around on a tour. Back on the Bigger Bang tour I chased SWAY for 5-6 dates until I finally got it and when it hit... it was bliss.

Date: July 2, 2015 06:10

jboug44
Any one who is bored can check out the cam the next couple days to watch the progress

[www.theindychannel.com]

COOL!! Thank you !smileys with beer

Date: July 2, 2015 06:12

relms
Send It To me

Yup, but you will probably get "Knockin" in Indy, but maybe they will do Moonlight Mile 2 dates in a row, but that is not the trend.

But no matter what, go to Indy because it is fun and memorable and good times to chase Stones songs around on a tour. Back on the Bigger Bang tour I chased SWAY for 5-6 dates until I finally got it and when it hit... it was bliss.

Thinking Buffalo is the best shot, but that's a flight and a rental car and a hotel. Can drive to Indy and crash at a friend's!

Date: July 2, 2015 06:15

Send It To me
relms
Send It To me

Thinking Buffalo is the best shot, but that's a flight and a rental car and a hotel. Can drive to Indy and crash at a friend's!

Do both man, you can afford it and later you will be so happy you did.

The Moral- GET IT WHILE THE GETTING IS GOOD! STONES! smiling smiley

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: July 2, 2015 06:22

relms
jboug44

[www.theindychannel.com]

COOL!! Thank you !smileys with beer

I do realize it is dark in Indy, but where is the link?

Date: July 2, 2015 06:24

What's the weather forecast?

Posted by: jrcjohnny99 ()
Date: July 2, 2015 06:24

relms
Send It To me

I assumed I wouldn't get it in Milwaukee after they did it in Pittsburgh, but they played it!
I do think there's a better chance we get Wild Horses in Indy, but you never know

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...56789101112131415Next
Current Page: 11 of 15

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1476
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home