Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 2 of 15
Re: Indianapolis IN USA Rolling Stones 2015 show and travel info
Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: April 7, 2015 06:15

I have the impression that it is all standing. Also the map shows 3 VIP sections.
Are one or two for VIP parking?

Posted by: jboug44 ()
Date: April 7, 2015 15:01

swimtothemoon
I have the impression that it is all standing. Also the map shows 3 VIP sections.
Are one or two for VIP parking?

Regarding the two to the right that form a U shape...that area is often used for parties, and other VIP type events at the track. I assume like usual they will have two large tents up that will have the VIP's bar, food, bathrooms etc...Looking at the website, it looks like VIP tickets just come with a premier parking pass also.

Posted by: TiminIndy ()
Date: April 7, 2015 19:22

With general admission at Indy with 3 price tiers, they can wait to determine where they put the barriers based on how many of each tier they sell. Since we won't be splurging on gold tickets, I am hoping they don't sell too many of them, as that will make the silver area closer to the stage.

I'm a fleabit peanut monkey

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: April 7, 2015 20:14

TiminIndy
With general admission at Indy with 3 price tiers, they can wait to determine where they put the barriers based on how many of each tier they sell. Since we won't be splurging on gold tickets, I am hoping they don't sell too many of them, as that will make the silver area closer to the stage.

I'm still having a hard time envisioning how they set this up. Are all these 'tiers' non-reserved, standing room only? And it's not elevated so you can't see over the tiers in front of you? It sounds awful.

Posted by: indystonesfan ()
Date: April 7, 2015 20:37

24FPS
TiminIndy

I'm still having a hard time envisioning how they set this up. Are all these 'tiers' non-reserved, standing room only? And it's not elevated so you can't see over the tiers in front of you? It sounds awful.

Drove over to the track during lunch today. From the track museum parking lot inside the track I got a good look at the area for the stage looking out toward where the audience will be. Been there hundreds of times but wanted to look from a Stones concert perspective.

Yes, standing room only, and flat. It's going to be a big show.

Date: April 7, 2015 22:38

indystonesfan

Drove over to the track during lunch today. From the track museum parking lot inside the track I got a good look at the area for the stage looking out toward where the audience will be. Been there hundreds of times but wanted to look from a Stones concert perspective.

With it being so flat in that area, you've gotta assume they will have the stage raised a good amount. Also on the radio the other day, I don't remember who exactly it was from IMS, but they said it will be the largest outdoor stage ever built in Indiana so that's exciting.

Date: April 7, 2015 22:42

jboug44
indystonesfan

With it being so flat in that area, you've gotta assume they will have the stage raised a good amount. Also on the radio the other day, I don't remember who exactly it was from IMS, but they said it will be the largest outdoor stage ever built in Indiana so that's exciting.

Exciting, unless you happen to be one of the poor suckers in Bronze, without a seat to rest in, surrounded by thousands of people in the same crappy boat.

Posted by: Deaner ()
Date: April 7, 2015 23:22

A lady at Circle City Tickets told me today that ALL sections are general admission... that means get there early, run and push your way to the front and stand there for 10 hours or more... Ugh... sounds terrible.. at 65 years old, I need a seat. I thought they banned stadium venue general admissions when people were trampled and killed at the Who concert several years ago in Ohio...

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-07 23:26 by Deaner.

Date: April 7, 2015 23:28

Deaner
A lady at Circle City Tickets told me that ALL sections are general admission... that means get there early, run and push your way to the front and stand there for 10 hours or more... Ugh... sounds terrible.. at 65 years old, I need a seat. I thought hey banned stadium venue general admissions when people were stampeded and killed at the Who concert several years ago

That was 35 years ago...and they still have GA shows all the time....indoors and out. The Cincinatti incident was not a result of GA during the show...it was the result of HUNDREDS/thousands of folks being funneled thru a limited space, bull rushing and getting pushed and trampled...

Indy sounds like one giant toilet to me

Posted by: stoneman ()
Date: April 8, 2015 00:07

If you signed up for the IMS pre sale thru the IMS website, you will get a email Friday at 10am with a link to purchase tickets.
Below is directly from IMS.
"You should receive an email around 10 AM on Friday with a link to the
Indianapolis Motor Speedway website to purchase tickets. You will be able to
purchase the infield premier parking at this time. "

Date: April 8, 2015 00:23

Deaner
A lady at Circle City Tickets told me today that ALL sections are general admission... that means get there early, run and push your way to the front and stand there for 10 hours or more... Ugh... sounds terrible.. at 65 years old, I need a seat."

I am 45, seen the Stones 5 times, been to track countless times and I want a seat. This is a really difficult show for me.

Part of me want to get on the catwalk rail early and tough it out for 300 dollars. The other part of says forget it, buy the cheapest ticket, tailgate in the parking lot until show time and then just be there for the event.

I figure the cheapest ticket plus parking, food, beer and sunscreen will cost me 100 bucks. No way will I take the kids for 300 a piece but maybe the bronze section-maybe...

Posted by: Deaner ()
Date: April 8, 2015 00:45

I agree... difficult is right. I've seen them a dozen or more times since 1965, and would Love to see them one more time, but for $330. or $995. I want a seat! It could turn into a nightmare if the temperature is really high... people fainting, trampled, etc... Lucas Oil Stadium would have been such a better choice

Posted by: three16 ()
Date: April 8, 2015 05:01

I'm thinking this show will bring a new DVD. The track, the car and huge fireworks displays by both the city and the Stones. The video winner of the just a kiss away giveaway. Could make for a really nice double DVD box release. Maybe not, I'd just like to hear the band play more Woody era songs this time around. I may just hangout outside the track and listen and watch the fireworks and celebrate with the Stones in the air.

Posted by: jrcjohnny99 ()
Date: April 8, 2015 05:11

Deaner
A lady at Circle City Tickets told me today that ALL sections are general admission... that means get there early, run and push your way to the front and stand there for 10 hours or more... Ugh... sounds terrible.. at 65 years old, I need a seat. I thought they banned stadium venue general admissions when people were trampled and killed at the Who concert several years ago in Ohio...

The 3 barrier system is basically the same as Hyde Park.

Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: April 8, 2015 18:23

presale AMEX Indy tickets still available through the speedway box office! no wait!

(317) 492-8500

Date: April 8, 2015 18:32

The AMEX presale just started online an hour ago and there's already over 500 tickets on Stubhub. Scalpers are ridiculous.

Posted by: millerman60 ()
Date: April 8, 2015 18:33

Got five silver section tickets this morning from the ticketmaster amex pre-sale. No problem. Took allof five minutes.

Date: April 8, 2015 18:37

millerman60
Got five silver section tickets this morning from the ticketmaster amex pre-sale. No problem. Took allof five minutes.

Not surprisingly that was the easiest pre-sale
I did silver tix as well

Posted by: somegirls18 ()
Date: April 8, 2015 19:26

Talked to the ticket lady at Indy today.she said once your in the concert area (silver,bronze,and gold) you can't go out and come back.limited grass no seating or shade and
gates open at one pm for a 9:30pm show.no carryins and no clue on vendor sales or bathroom facilities.sounds like a cluster %#$@.
Poor info and no idea on how many they'll let in. with a venue this large it would be nice to know how to plan for it.

Date: April 8, 2015 20:10

somegirls18
Talked to the ticket lady at Indy today.she said once your in the concert area (silver,bronze,and gold) you can't go out and come back.limited grass no seating or shade and
gates open at one pm for a 9:30pm show.no carryins and no clue on vendor sales or bathroom facilities.sounds like a cluster %#$@.
Poor info and no idea on how many they'll let in. with a venue this large it would be nice to know how to plan for it.

It may not seem so well put together right now, but if they can handle 300,000+ really drunk people on race day, I'm sure they can handle 100,000 concert goers. The IMS guy I heard on the radio the other day said they've had this in the works for awhile now, so I'm going to trust them on doing a good job...hope I'm not wrong.

Posted by: Mick2014 ()
Date: April 8, 2015 21:01

is VIP2 Tickets in front of the stage or is it behing and seating tix?

Date: April 8, 2015 21:05

somegirls18

This doesn't sound likely, my guess is there will be wristbands for the silver & gold sections;

Posted by: Leonioid ()
Date: April 8, 2015 21:35

One of the shows I will go to is Indy and I predict I will say this the next day.

"Yesterday we bought 2 silver tickets outside the gates for $60.00 each at 6:33 PM. Inside the silver section it was kind of crowded and a bit of a hassle, but it was OK. We bounced around from side to side and fading to the back of the silver section where the crowd thinned a bit. We had a blast hanging out, drinking, partying and rocking to live Stones music in the festival atmosphere.

The view of the stage was OK but the whole area being flat didnt help. The sound was OK. We had a feeling it would be only an "OK" overall show for us, but the price was right. We mainly went for the historical spectacle of the Stones playing at the Speedway.

It rained on and off all day, so it was kind of mess, but at least it was cooler than it was all week. The rain stopped before the Stones came on and held off for the rest of the night. The show and songs were great and the fireworks after the show were also great."

Predicted-edit;
We wound getting silver section tickets earlier than predicted for $50.00. I knew there was no reason to buy tickets when they first go on-sale. Only people who can afford the $995 upfront area should do that.

Posted by: somegirls18 ()
Date: April 8, 2015 22:33

I'm sure there's seperate wrist bands.what I was saying once in your in your section your stuck for the whole day with no where to sit or beat the heat.

Posted by: awebb7 ()
Date: April 8, 2015 23:03

Now that tickets are in hand the only other item to consider is who the opener will be, and whether I should arrive at 1:00 p.m. to tailgate for 5 hours before the show.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-09 00:42 by awebb7.

Posted by: 2120Wolf ()
Date: April 9, 2015 01:25

somegirls18
I'm sure there's seperate wrist bands.what I was saying once in your in your section your stuck for the whole day with no where to sit or beat the heat.

I think you will be able to go in and out of your section...concessions and bathrooms...unless they are set-up within the section.

My guess is - Gold: In & Out access for Conessions & Bathrooms
Silver & Bronze: Conessions & Bathrooms within the section.

Just a Guess

Date: April 9, 2015 02:53

jboug44
somegirls18

It may not seem so well put together right now, but if they can handle 300,000+ really drunk people on race day, I'm sure they can handle 100,000 concert goers. The IMS guy I heard on the radio the other day said they've had this in the works for awhile now, so I'm going to trust them on doing a good job...hope I'm not wrong.

I've been to many Indy 500s. Most of the people have reserved seats and can come and go as they please. They can also bring their own refreshments, like beer in coolers. Many of the seats have a metal roof for shade. The people who choose to sit in the infield for the race can't see jack. They have no shade and nowhere to sit. And that's where the Stones concert is.

Posted by: FillmoreMidwest ()
Date: April 9, 2015 05:08

Are there any other presales for Indy besides the Amex

Date: April 9, 2015 05:08

Leonioid
One of the shows I will go to is Indy and I predict I will say this the next day.

"Yesterday we bought 2 silver tickets outside the gates for $60.00 each at 6:33 PM. Inside the silver section it was kind of crowded and a bit of a hassle, but it was OK. We bounced around from side to side and fading to the back of the silver section where the crowd thinned a bit. We had a blast hanging out, drinking, partying and rocking to live Stones music in the festival atmosphere.

The view of the stage was OK but the whole area being flat didnt help. The sound was OK. We had a feeling it would be only an "OK" overall show for us, but the price was right. We mainly went for the historical spectacle of the Stones playing at the Speedway.

It rained on and off all day, so it was kind of mess, but at least it was cooler than it was all week. The rain stopped before the Stones came on and held off for the rest of the night. The show and songs were great and the fireworks after the show were also great."

Predicted-edit;
We wound getting silver section tickets earlier than predicted for $50.00. I knew there was no reason to buy tickets when they first go on-sale. Only people who can afford the $995 upfront area should do that.

You may be right, tho you may not be taking into account the 'event' status that this show will have, especially given that it's happening on the 4th.
There are a LOT of folks here who are not really 'fans' of the Stones but are intending to go to the show.
The softest ticket on the tour will be Columbus.

Date: April 9, 2015 15:03

Having serious doubts about Indy show. Lack of shade and seats is difficult.
Will try to call track office and ask about entrance to show area. Could it be possible to tailgate up until showtime and still get reasonable position near stage? Also worried about crowd at this "event". Bronze could get rough late into night.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 2 of 15

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2800
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home