Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7891011121314151617...LastNext
Current Page: 12 of 65
Re: The Rolling Stones at The Fonda Theatre LA Wed May 20
Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: May 20, 2015 08:41

I doubt they would do ticket sales online. They only want people to purchase tickets who will absolutely make the show. This means only people in the area. Your best bet would be going back to the theater early in the morning. Bring somthing to listen to the announcement. Park nearby - so you can be mobile quickly in case the tickets are issued at a different location. Bring a mobile device so you may hop on the Internet or send emails. Talk to other fans.

Don't give up. Have fun and be safe.

Posted by: wellalright ()
Date: May 20, 2015 08:43

they may want to avoid chaos on site and direct it someplace else - watch for other venues

Posted by: tommarty920 ()
Date: May 20, 2015 08:51

swimtothemoon
I doubt they would do ticket sales online. They only want people to purchase tickets who will absolutely make the show. This means only people in the area. Your best bet would be going back to the theater early in the morning. Bring somthing to listen to the announcement. Park nearby - so you can be mobile quickly in case the tickets are issued at a different location. Bring a mobile device so you may hop on the Internet or send emails. Talk to other fans.

Great advice! I was considering getting a hotel in Hollywood for tonight, but I don't know how I feel about spending money to stay 30 minutes away from my home.. I hope that extra 30 minutes isn't the difference maker. Looks like I'm not sleeping tonight.. Good luck to everyone!

Posted by: a bigger nut ()
Date: May 20, 2015 09:00

When I coming back to my accommodation from Fonda queue, I found that there are not so many taxis running in LA. And it will be much less in the morning I guess.

I feel a bit of disadvantage that I don't have my own vehicle....

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: May 20, 2015 09:02

a bigger nut
When I coming back to my accommodation from Fonda queue, I found that there are not so many taxis running in LA. And it will be much less in the morning I guess.

call uber....don't know where you are staying, but the metro Red Line lets you off near Hollywood and Vine

Posted by: snarky ()
Date: May 20, 2015 09:10

which station is broadcasting announcement?

Posted by: weeicemon ()
Date: May 20, 2015 09:12

Just booked a one way flight from Dallas - arrive 830am!!! Good luck everyone!!!

Posted by: snarky ()
Date: May 20, 2015 09:14

BluzDude
OK, I am home now, will head back out to Hollywood tomorrow morning. It was a Fonda Theater person that said they expect up to 400 tickets to be available to the public...

......but here is what bothers me....

Local radio stations are saying they will have a big rolling stones related announcement at about 9:45 tomorrow morning.

...all this for 400 tickets? Are they afraid that there are not enough hardcore fans that know about this already?

The only other thing I can think of, assumming it is the theater announcement, is that tickets will go on sale on line (just speculation).

I wonder if it is a charity event and charge $500 to get in (which I doubt) if the tickets would be easier to get...

We'll see what tomorrow brings....

which station is making announcement?

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: May 20, 2015 09:22

Clever Matt....

Posted by: fool ()
Date: May 20, 2015 09:41

bigger nut, i'm staying at a hotel a block from the fonda. you can catch a ride to where ever the line up is with us.

Posted by: onlystones ()
Date: May 20, 2015 09:42

I just woke up and I'm not dreaming. I'm on the plane to LA. Should land in about an hour and a half (aprox 1am PDT). I slept for over four hours, I AM READY TO GO. Will check into my hotel then based on whatever info is most up to date, I will go where I have to. I hope the planets are aligned.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: May 20, 2015 09:46

tommarty920
swimtothemoon

Great advice! I was considering getting a hotel in Hollywood for tonight, but I don't know how I feel about spending money to stay 30 minutes away from my home.. I hope that extra 30 minutes isn't the difference maker. Looks like I'm not sleeping tonight.. Good luck to everyone!

Don't the vampires still come out at night in Hollywood? You will be fine, they probably aren't going to sell tickets at 6AM, it's just not rock and roll. smoking smiley

But hey this is getting pretty exciting, I'm picking up the vibes from 1500 miles away tonight. My best hope is that long time contributors like BluzDude, swiss and bv and others making a sacrifice to be there get into the show and tickets don't end up in the hands of radio stations and quasi fans who just happen to be in the right place at the right time.

Best of Luck!

peace

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: May 20, 2015 09:58

Brings back memories of the Trabendo rush, good luck guys! Remember not to go home early if they do an Echoplex type of raffle and you don't get selected, all those who stuck around got a ticket!

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: Snoopy ()
Date: May 20, 2015 10:03

Chasing theatre tickets is tough. It is hard work. And if you end up with nothing, don't loose focus. There are always a second chance.

Thansk bv! Good words.

Alas, I decided last minute not to fly down, instead I'm prepping for the long drive to follow the tour as far as able, but I do look fwd to meeting some of you along the way smiling smiley

Re: Los Angeles CA USA Rolling Stones 2015 show and travel info
Posted by: Snoopy ()
Date: May 20, 2015 10:04

Leonioid
kevin2112
Alright, so I was at the Fonda for a few hours today. When I drove by there was a line of about 15 people outside so I joined. Fences w/ tarps all around load-in areas, so you couldn't really see. Lots of secrecy. Did see a large semi truck unloading musical equipment in. Someone else in line spoke with someone who was a PR guy from a record label and a guy who apparently is one of the guitar techs. The Stones are absolutely 100% playing tomorrow night, likely some tickets will be released to the public - announcement about tickets will be made via twitter interactions with fans, according to guitar tech guy. A man in the box office at the Fonda said tickets would not be sold there, but he may have just been instructed to say that (possible though). They are also rehearsing that show tonight at the venue. There was some chatter about the Roxy as well but I'm not sure if that ever led anywhere. Perhaps ticket sale location, rehearsal location, or a second show? Line was broken up eventually by what I thought was police and then realized was private security. They claimed to have no knowledge of any Stones activity (the officer I spoke to said that they generally have the full inside scoop on secret things like that) but of course I'm sure they were just instructed to say that to us. They claimed that they did security for most of the buildings on the block. Apparently we were blocking the sidewalk but we were not, it was about 15-20 people in a nice orderly line. We dispersed.

I'm returning to the Fonda tonight to try to catch a glimpse of the Stones coming or going, and most hopefully to gain some more information about potential ticket onsale time and location.

Thank you for your detailed report.

I appreciate reports like this, they allow those of us who can not be there to live vicariously through you guys who are doing it. Good luck getting in to the show.

Agree!

Posted by: tommarty920 ()
Date: May 20, 2015 10:11

Naturalust

Don't the vampires still come out at night in Hollywood? You will be fine, they probably aren't going to sell tickets at 6AM, it's just not rock and roll. smoking smiley

But hey this is getting pretty exciting, I'm picking up the vibes from 1500 miles away tonight. My best hope is that long time contributors like BluzDude, swiss and bv and others making a sacrifice to be there get into the show and tickets don't end up in the hands of radio stations and quasi fans who just happen to be in the right place at the right time.

Best of Luck!

peace

I'm not going to sleep either way so I might as well get there as early as possible. Besides, I would love to beat the never ending traffic. Should I bring some coffee? I can't decide between driving there or taking the Red Line..Any locals have any advice?

Re: Los Angeles CA USA Rolling Stones 2015 show and travel info
Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: May 20, 2015 10:12

Nikkei
Well if you film two theater shows in identical outfits, you would probably also need the same audience upfront for both shows.

They're very good at splicing in audience shots from whatever night and number suits their needs.
Radiant Night Two JJF reactions get spliced into Night One YCAGWYW, for example. Trust a pro :E

And although I don't like it, there is a reason to have paid personnel in the front rows when filming theatre gigs:
If cameras need to shove a real fan out of the way to get their shot at a gig like that,
the real fan will most likely punch the camera's lights out, whereas paid personnel will let them do their thing
and will even have signed a waiver in case the camera treads on them and damages their shoe.

Sorry to be replying to stuff from six pages ago. I just woke up. :E

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-20 14:52 by with sssoul.

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: May 20, 2015 11:06

>grinning smiley<

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: May 20, 2015 11:29

Good luck to all. Should I fly in from Perth Western Australia and join in the fun...oh wait, takes me 30 hours to get there....nah, probably not worth it then!

HOPE it IS recorded and released to DVD though! Though, thinking about it, the band will probably think they're a bit rusty first show outta the gate and nix THAT

Posted by: John1982 ()
Date: May 20, 2015 11:35

I really hope that they play all of Sticky Fingers and release this show. But they also recorded the Rome show last year and it has not been released yet.

Nevertheless I wish that everybody on here can score a ticket.

Date: May 20, 2015 11:45

John1982
I really hope that they play all of Sticky Fingers and release this show. But they also recorded the Rome show last year and it has not been released yet.

I think they record all their shows.

Posted by: John1982 ()
Date: May 20, 2015 11:48

DandelionPowderman
John1982

I think they record all their shows.

They used cameras with the eagle rock sign for this show. Don't know if every show is recorded by eagle rock. But that's the reason why I thought they would release this one.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: May 20, 2015 12:00

I was sure they would release a DVD set from the gigs of 2012-2014 for the Christmas market ,but nothing.

Might be wrong, but only high quality DVD of a complete show from that period ,easily available, is Glastonbury 2013.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: May 20, 2015 12:05

Turner68
Fans are broadcasting the U2 concert live right now using the periscope app. Whoever gets in tomorrow should do this so the rest of us can watch.

Downloaded... now just need to get it (and me) inside... cool smiley

Posted by: chriseganstar ()
Date: May 20, 2015 12:08

mattleeuk
The latest news from LA

[twitter.com]

Enjoy the show tonight, Matt !!

Chriseganstar

Satisfied since 1976

Date: May 20, 2015 12:10

They interviewed fans for a DVD release when we were at the Oslo rehearsals.

A couple of pics of our gibsonman and myself during that process.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: May 20, 2015 12:32

That's how I recognised you guys when I saw these pics posted on IORR at that time.
Met you outside Telenor Arena on Friday evening before the gig just a few hours after I arrived in Oslo.
Great evening at the bar in town after and then going to Arena for final rehearsals on Saturday. >grinning smiley<

Date: May 20, 2015 12:48

Good times, Tony! smileys with beer

Posted by: syrel ()
Date: May 20, 2015 12:51

a bigger nut

I too have traveled to LA and don't have a car. Can't decide whether to head to Fonda this morning or to wait until an announcement. My hotel is close to the El Rey, where they sold tickets last time. Would hate to head to Fonda and find tickets were being sold on my doorstep.

syrel

Posted by: onlystones ()
Date: May 20, 2015 13:17

If you don't have a car do Uber. They are there in a minute and you can pay them to wait. Cheaper than a cab. I too am in LA in my hotel. Probably gonna start Rolling at sun up.

This is what its all about if The Stones are a way of life. I happen to have on CDA from GHS. F-ing fantastic!!!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7891011121314151617...LastNext
Current Page: 12 of 65

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1956
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home