Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...89101112131415161718...LastNext
Current Page: 13 of 65
Re: The Rolling Stones at The Fonda Theatre LA Wed May 20
Posted by: syrel ()
Date: May 20, 2015 13:53

onlystones
I too am in LA in my hotel. Probably gonna start Rolling at sun up.

You jet-lagged too, huh?smiling bouncing smiley

Posted by: Plink ()
Date: May 20, 2015 13:56

Just want to join in wishing the IORRians in LA the very best of luck!! I truly hope you all make it in to see the show tonight smiling smiley

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: May 20, 2015 14:05

Something must have gone terribly wrong! I haven't recieved my invitation yet...

Posted by: onlystones ()
Date: May 20, 2015 14:07

syrel
onlystones
I too am in LA in my hotel. Probably gonna start Rolling at sun up.

You jet-lagged too, huh?smiling bouncing smiley

I slept for about four hours on the plane and its already 7am on my clock, I feel great. But its only 4am here. Its best not to run around at that time in any major US city. No matter what area you're in. So I figured I'd IORR for a while until first light, then go get that ticket. (I Hope So).

Date: May 20, 2015 14:16

Following this thread keenly from London and can feel the excitement - good luck in getting tickets everyone!

Date: May 20, 2015 14:20

When those trucks roll in...

PS: This is from Oslo

Posted by: onlystones ()
Date: May 20, 2015 14:20

If you can feel it in London think about what it feels like here. Its only 415am and I can' hardly take a breath. I live for this.

Date: May 20, 2015 14:28

onlystones
If you can feel it in London think about what it feels like here. Its only 415am and I can' hardly take a breath. I live for this.

Haha, I can only imagine!

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: May 20, 2015 14:44

I'm from London, but over in Spain till a few days before The Who gig in Hyde Park and I can feel the excitement as well.

Will be following it all on IORR up to the San Diego gig on Sunday with the great thought of another Rolling Stones Tour just starting again.

I was in Oslo for that gig and the 2 days outside Telenor Arena, and it is just the same feeling even though I am nowhere near LA. smileys with beer

Posted by: desertblues68 ()
Date: May 20, 2015 14:45

So excited and I am in London. Good luck to you allsmileys with beer

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: May 20, 2015 14:54

desertblues68
So excited and I am in London. Good luck to you allsmileys with beer

thumbs upsmiling bouncing smileythumbs up

Posted by: mnewman505 ()
Date: May 20, 2015 15:11

sitting here at my desk in Chicago wishing all of you luck!

Posted by: Cocaine Eyes ()
Date: May 20, 2015 15:28

From Bala Ontario - grinning smiley wishing everyone good luck in getting into The Fonda. I'm there with you all in spirit. grinning smiley

CE smoking smiley

PS. hot smileyhot smileyhot smileyhot smileyhot smiley

Posted by: stonesfrkk ()
Date: May 20, 2015 15:28

Taxi service LA 24 hr 818-848-1000

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: May 20, 2015 15:29

Hope it's a great show and.............there's plenty of recorders spinning.......spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: syrel ()
Date: May 20, 2015 15:32

Does anyone have confirmation that tickets will be sold at the Fonda?
syrel

Posted by: Dreamer ()
Date: May 20, 2015 15:32

onlystones
If you don't have a car do Uber. They are there in a minute and you can pay them to wait. Cheaper than a cab. I too am in LA in my hotel. Probably gonna start Rolling at sun up.

This is what its all about if The Stones are a way of life. I happen to have on CDA from GHS. F-ing fantastic!!!

Or even better: rent a bike.
When you're in front of the Fonda Theatre and you hear at 1:45 tickets will be sold somewhere else (most likely!) at 2:00 one or to miles from the FT it will be a freak show. So you gotta need reliable and fast transport...before others can get in a car you're already half way.

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: May 20, 2015 15:34

I wish all of you the best! Especially those who have taken overnight flights to make it happen. Can't say I'd take the chance but I am certainly living vicariously through you!

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: May 20, 2015 15:41

Sitting at my desk in Knoxville, TN rooting for all IORRians to have success getting into tonight's show. Reading your reports and feeling your excitement is MUCH better than the twitter nonsense from the other day!

Can't wait to read the updates!

Peace,
Mr DJA

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: May 20, 2015 15:44

Dreamer
onlystones
If you don't have a car do Uber. They are there in a minute and you can pay them to wait. Cheaper than a cab. I too am in LA in my hotel. Probably gonna start Rolling at sun up.

This is what its all about if The Stones are a way of life. I happen to have on CDA from GHS. F-ing fantastic!!!

When you're in front of the Fonda Theatre and you hear at 1:45 tickets will be sold somewhere else (most likely!) at 2:00 one or to miles from the FT it will be a freak show. So you gotta need reliable and fast transport...before others can get in a car you're already half way.

that's a very good piece of advice right there.

best of luck to all.

seeing the Stones in a theater is the grail for me.. cant get to this one though..

Posted by: Stonesfan2146 ()
Date: May 20, 2015 15:55

Good luck to you all. This show will be memorable and a very special warm-up. I'm getting exited about what the setlist will look like. Hope everyone who went there, or will go soon, will get in! Exiting times as a stones fan!

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: May 20, 2015 15:56

Dreamer

...It's how the guitarists do it, too:

Posted by: detroitken ()
Date: May 20, 2015 15:57

Best of luck to all who are there....hope everybody gets in.....(and I really hope someone records it...)

Posted by: Dreamer ()
Date: May 20, 2015 16:02

duke richardson
Dreamer
onlystones

that's a very good piece of advice right there.

best of luck to all.

seeing the Stones in a theater is the grail for me.. cant get to this one though..

And they might use FT partners to sell tickets...
Beware of that possibility!
FT partners: Origami Vinyl is on 1816 W.Sunset Blvd and Amoeba Music is on 6400 Sunset Blvd.

Edit: maybe someone close can check if there's a temporary no parking sign as well or if there's something else going on that indicates a RS ticket purchase...?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-20 16:05 by Dreamer.

Posted by: SecondSet ()
Date: May 20, 2015 16:08

I was just about to suggest Amoeba

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: May 20, 2015 16:14

best luck to you all! smiling bouncing smiley

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: May 20, 2015 16:23

Hi Mr Crawdaddy thumbs up

And that's how I recognised Mr Powderman, standing right next to me in the audience for the excellent Midnight Ramblers tribute act at the John Dee club the night before the gig ! I went to the actual gig itself with him too.

Mr DP played a starring role all weekend, welcoming lots of visiting non Norwegians into his entourage, you and I included.

I'll be at that Who gig in Hyde Park next month, but in with the riff raff in GA >grinning smiley<

Still highly tempted to go to the US - my loosley proposed gigs are Detroit & Buffalo. I have an addiction to feed...... eye rolling smiley

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: May 20, 2015 16:26

DandelionPowderman
When those trucks roll in...

PS: This is from Oslo

Good old Transam Trucking Ltd of Suffolk, England. They do loads of Concert logistics. I saw them all parked in a row behind the Tele2 in Stockholm too.

Posted by: DREAMTIME ()
Date: May 20, 2015 16:44

Help me with my expenses, I will help you get in. Very serious replies only. I'm in the air now.

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: May 20, 2015 16:46

Do you think the periscope-thing means that the concert today gets streamed?
Seems logical to me because what else should they stream if not the concert?
(rehearsals are maybe finished already)
If they do a stream I will stand up in the middle of the night to watch it (and if it's available on the computer I'll try to record it)

Stonesnews.com writes:
"Apparently, there's a filmcrew at the theatre and maybe there is a broadcast later [thx paperposter, sdb]. That could point less to a simple warm-up gig but more to a kind of DVD production or something. The filming is done by JA Digital from London, UK."

Do you think they want money for the stream?
I think about buying a iTunes Gift Card to be prepared if it's an in-app-purchase.

But I also wonder what is the point to do professional filming on a warm-up gig. It's called a "warm-up gig" because it's a warm up for the tour - sure they are a little bit rusty since their last concert was in november. Wouldn't it make more sence to do a filming towards the end of the tour? I saw there are more free days during the concerts than it was on the last tour.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...89101112131415161718...LastNext
Current Page: 13 of 65

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1890
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home