Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314...LastNext
Current Page: 9 of 65
Re: Los Angeles CA USA Rolling Stones 2015 show and travel info
Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: May 18, 2015 15:12

Good luck to ALL of you out there now!
I am with you in spirit and can't WAIT to hear the news!!!

Posted by: Plink ()
Date: May 18, 2015 15:40

I’m wondering if there may be 2 theater/small venue shows. On May 10 in the LA Rehearsals thread, roller99 mentioned 2 gigs at the Fonda Theater. Another poster (whose name escapes me, apologies to him/her) said they knew someone on a crew who would be filming the Stones in Hollywood. If they really are going to perform Sticky Fingers in its entirety and film it for release, 2 shows would make sense, as they would have 2 takes of each song and could choose the best material. Didn’t they do that for Hyde Park and even wear identical outfits for both shows? I also recall Dreamer saying that nothing would be happening until the 18th. It would be great if the big Twitter announcement was for one show today and another on the 20th. Whatever the case, I hope that a decent percentage of true fans (and IORRians) gain entry.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: May 18, 2015 15:47

Well if you film two theater shows in identical outfits, you would probably also need the same audience upfront for both shows.

Date: May 18, 2015 15:52

^^^ Good point. If they are doing 2, I suppose they'll instruct the paid models up front to wear the same thing. In 2013, someone (name escapes me) reported that, though he/she was among the first into the Echoplex, the front rows were already occupied w/ hired beautiful people who clearly were not true fans. I suppose they could also do 2 shows in 1 day w/ the same audience. If they plan a perfomance of SF only, they could probably swing that.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-18 15:55 by Plink.

Date: May 18, 2015 16:46

If it's invite-only I feel entitled to an invitation. I tried so hard to get to the Trabendo show in 2012, which they comfirmed on Twitter in response to my suggestion: [twitter.com]
My friend and I ended up getting arrested and fined 300€ for violating airport security after we already were allowed onto the plane.
It was all over the news in germany, they got a lot of free publicity courtesy of us. I want IN at least one time angry smiley

Date: May 18, 2015 17:00

^^ That's awful! If you're in LA, I hope you get in.

Date: May 18, 2015 17:13

Well it was good fun until the fine got mailed tongue sticking out smiley You don't get in the news like that too often. [www.google.de]
It's also funny because on the way back from Roskilde, Peter (who german fans will know) started talking about "those lunatics that stormed the airport" and I got to say "Yeah well I was one of 'em" >grinning smiley<

Posted by: sister ()
Date: May 18, 2015 18:43

Nikkei
Well it was good fun until the fine got mailed tongue sticking out smiley You don't get in the news like that too often. [www.google.de]
It's also funny because on the way back from Roskilde, Peter (who german fans will know) started talking about "those lunatics that stormed the airport" and I got to say "Yeah well I was one of 'em" >grinning smiley<
so cool winking smiley
Good luck to all of you in L.A.spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: Iguanamom ()
Date: May 18, 2015 19:21

I'm in San Diego so I hope there is enough lead time to jump north for an epic experience. Will my Stones karma hold? Gotta hope

Posted by: alieb ()
Date: May 18, 2015 19:38

Nikkei

That's awesome! You should link the article to them and demand your rightful spot at the gig winking smiley

Posted by: jomo297 ()
Date: May 18, 2015 19:40

Just drove past there. No one is out front. Gates are closed. There is some load in happening. Just a few guys. There are temporary no parking signs in front for 6 am Wednesday to 6 am Thursday. If tickets are going on sale here, there is zero evidence of it.

Posted by: FB ()
Date: May 18, 2015 19:47

The boys are soon back on the road, getting really exited now. Keep on rockingsmiling smiley

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: May 18, 2015 19:47

jomo297
Just drove past there. No one is out front. Gates are closed. There is some load in happening. Just a few guys. There are temporary no parking signs in front for 6 am Wednesday to 6 am Thursday. If tickets are going on sale here, there is zero evidence of it.

...Really?...

Date: May 18, 2015 19:56

alieb
Nikkei

That's awesome! You should link the article to them and demand your rightful spot at the gig winking smiley

Great idea! I tried... let's wait. smoking smiley

Posted by: jomo297 ()
Date: May 18, 2015 21:54

BluzDude
jomo297

...Really?...

Yep. Met up with a buddy of mine. We've been here since just before ten. Probably 10 of us hopefuls, but still no sign of any sale prepping. I don't have much hope.

Posted by: benroyblenkle ()
Date: May 18, 2015 22:05

bv
It is all over the city... The Rolling Stones at the Fonda Theatre Wed May 20. This thread is soon two months old and it is dedicated to the special LA show so we are getting closer to all the facts. Check out the latest official news tomorrow morning at 10am Los Angeles time, see the IORR News:

[www.iorr.org]
BV Cocaine Eyes and Roller please help all us L.A. IORR Minions get in and lined up in time for wristbands/tickets etc etc will be watching here tuesday 10am

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-19 06:44 by bv.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: May 19, 2015 00:33

Definitely the venue as we all know.

Sets being built/modified inside (according to security dude).
Scaffolding going up on the outside(looks to be to get them in and out).

A bunch of us hung in there hoping the special announcement would come..

I'm hopeful it will be tomorrow.. the crowds in front of the theatre (where undoubtably they won't be sold.. will grow no doubt.

Date: May 19, 2015 06:30

LA weekly article hints at a Hollywood Bowl show as well as The Fonda Show

We initially heard that the Fonda show would be invite only, meaning that non-VIPs can’t buy tickets at all. Then we heard that it might be a benefit for Nepal, meaning only Stones pals like Johnny Depp will probably be able to afford them. We also heard Hollywood Bowl was being considered as an additional warm-up venue so that non-rich-and/or-connected L.A. fans can see them, too.

LA Weekly hints at a Hollywood Bowl Show in addition to the Fonda show

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-19 06:43 by benroyblenkle.

Posted by: snarky ()
Date: May 19, 2015 06:39

la weekly

this will work better

Date: May 19, 2015 06:43

thumbs up
benroyblenkle
LA weekly article hints at a Hollywood Bowl show as well as The Fonda Show

We initially heard that the Fonda show would be invite only, meaning that non-VIPs can’t buy tickets at all. Then we heard that it might be a benefit for Nepal, meaning only Stones pals like Johnny Depp will probably be able to afford them. We also heard Hollywood Bowl was being considered as an additional warm-up venue so that non-rich-and/or-connected L.A. fans can see them, too.

LA Weekly hints at a Hollywood Bowl Show in addition to the Fonda show

Date: May 19, 2015 06:48

the Bowl is available the 21st and 22nd!

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: May 19, 2015 07:17

Hollywood Bowl sounds awesome! They could fill it in a hurry in LA.
As far as getting models up front for the filming...that's bull crap, IMO. Aren't the Stones getting a bit old to require those kind of props? I'd rather see real fans at this point.

peace

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 19, 2015 07:26

The two Hollywood Bowl shows in 2005 were phenomenal, and yes indeed the Stones could fill it up in a hurry - more like the blink of an eye.

Posted by: a bigger nut ()
Date: May 19, 2015 08:30

7:30PM today, Fonda Theater

Posted by: fool ()
Date: May 19, 2015 11:34

I'm hearing that the hollywood Bowl show would be a come back show as in after zip.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-19 11:35 by fool.

Date: May 19, 2015 12:48

The no parking sign might be a sign?

Posted by: onlystones ()
Date: May 19, 2015 13:47

I'm waiting on any sign. Please if there is any way to get tickets for Fonda I am on a plane on my way to LA. PLEASE LET ME KNOW, I WILL PAY!!!!!

Posted by: Adams ()
Date: May 19, 2015 13:58

there was some other show booked for May 20th in Fonda Theatre but it's now moved to another venue...

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: May 19, 2015 16:42

BluzDude
jomo297

...Really?...

The no parking sign might be a sign?

...absolutely....or at least maybe.....

Posted by: LongBeachArena72 ()
Date: May 19, 2015 18:21

fool
I'm hearing that the hollywood Bowl show would be a come back show as in after zip.

Makes more sense. For the last cpl of yrs they require 3 days between shows. Not enough time between now and Sun for 2 shows.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314...LastNext
Current Page: 9 of 65

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1826
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home