Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3940414243444546474849...LastNext
Current Page: 44 of 307
Re: Mick Taylor Talk - what's on your mind right now...
Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: April 9, 2015 20:47

I had come to the "just not invited" conclusion about Taylor but after Keith's interview I'm not sure it's the whole story. It's not politically correct to infer someone is sick to a major international magazine and Keith eludes that's the case both in the initial and follow up questions. "Unavailable" or "No guests this time out" would have done the trick without opening up this can of worms. I imagine Jagger is less than happy with Keith's answers and can only imagine how Taylor feels.

If he is indeed unwell the logical conclusion is something related to his sobriety. Denial is a huge part of all that and may include Taylor's people and certainly Taylor himself. It's certainly in all their best short term interests concerning the Stones work to cover up something like that. Besides Taylor himself said he'd never been to a rehab before and was "dragged out" of the the last one onto the Stones stage. That doesn't sound like he was quite finished with the process, or at least finished enough to continue it on his own after the tour was over. How many times have we heard Keith and others say it was the come down and boredom after a tour that triggered their trip back into the drugs and alcohol? Probably no different for Taylor.

Seems like it would be a good time to hear from MT himself. Mick and Keith are talking publicly about him, Taylor should be willing to make some kind of comment and not leave it up to others. Maybe he hasn't commented because he wants to leave open the possibility of playing with them, and it would be tricky to walk that line, especially if he isn't sober.

Will they sell out stadiums without him? Hard to say but they are certainly limiting the locations to the hungry markets. Only one West Coast show probably guarantees a sell out there, and since that is the tour start, the sell out will get the buzz going. But I think even if they see empty seats, it's too late to invite Taylor back to fill them. But who knows, maybe the sick thing is just an insurance policy, because sick people can get well again, and shows with Taylor on all the SF tunes would get lots of people I know who have decided not to attend to buy the empty seats up.

One thing is certain, Taylor's phone is probably ringing off the hook and his personal silence is troubling.

peace

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: April 9, 2015 20:48

According to Keith interviews at the time, Taylor wasn't on the Plundered My Soul overdub sessions. Now he feigns ignorance about the man's current health state. Once again, he wins the Pinocchio award.

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: April 9, 2015 20:51

Keith is full of shit. You can't tell me that one half of the Glimmers is that detached from the inner workings of a tour of The Rolling Stones? No, I believe it was a group decision. Hell, they were only using him on two songs for an entire world tour? What is that all about? Well most probably recognizing the fact that Ronnie is a Stone and Mick T isn't. But common. Keith knew, it is his usual man of the people schtick he does throughout his career. But he's got his palms out just like the rest of them.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: April 9, 2015 20:55

whitem8
Keith is full of shit. You can't tell me that one half of the Glimmers is that detached from the inner workings of a tour of The Rolling Stones? No, I believe it was a group decision. Hell, they were only using him on two songs for an entire world tour? What is that all about? Well most probably recognizing the fact that Ronnie is a Stone and Mick T isn't. But common. Keith knew, it is his usual man of the people schtick he does throughout his career. But he's got his palms out just like the rest of them.

Everything points to the fact that he is...MJ and the "Director of Business Operations" run the show these days!

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-09 20:56 by gotdablouse.

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: April 9, 2015 21:34

transferring the feeling of JDS to his partner doesnt help,you'll just relapse and find yourself ranting about the setlist of a solo tour he probably barely remembers doing.

you may need help if:

a.you think mick and keith hijacked that missing malaysian airliner a few months ago and put a big tongue sticker on the side of it.
b.they are using the tour dollars to fund the jihad

c.a band that grossed 2.2 BILLION U.S DOLLARS touring the states since 81 needs a guitar player who can barely sell 200 tickets in a club to "boost sales"

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: April 9, 2015 22:20

lem motlow
transferring the feeling of JDS to his partner doesnt help,you'll just relapse and find yourself ranting about the setlist of a solo tour he probably barely remembers doing.

you may need help if:

a.you think mick and keith hijacked that missing malaysian airliner a few months ago and put a big tongue sticker on the side of it.
b.they are using the tour dollars to fund the jihad

c.a band that grossed 2.2 BILLION U.S DOLLARS touring the states since 81 needs a guitar player who can barely sell 200 tickets in a club to "boost sales"

You remind me of

cool smiley

Posted by: palerider22 ()
Date: April 9, 2015 22:35

Man..Is the band playing to their true audience(long time fans) or not? They've been around so long it's hard to tell but do they have a 'new ' audience from the last 20 years? It would be nice if they gave a little special consideration to ones who became fans during the Mick Taylor years by having him come on for a few Sticky Fingers songs. I'm part of that audience and I'm guessing many on this board are as well. I know we would show an incredible, almost ecstatic, appreciation to the entire band if they could manage that...

I cannot see a downside to a MT participation...but the upside is pretty big...

Date: April 9, 2015 22:48

a band that grossed 2.2 BILLION U.S DOLLARS touring the states since 81 needs a guitar player who can barely sell 200 tickets in a club to "boost sales"

The fact that they actually might is more a testament to the relevance of the Stones music without him in 2015 than anything to do with Taylor. Besides Taylor barely selling 200 tickets sounds like total BS to me. His solo shows in my area were packed with enthusiastic fans and his huge positive reception by thousands of fans on the last tour was pretty obvious.

peace

Date: April 9, 2015 23:47

i'm a huge mick taylor fan and i wanted him to rejoin the band full time.

but we have to keep things based in reality-we dont really know what happened and freaking out on mick and keith isn't going to help.
its a fantasy to think he would help sell tickets,i posted on another thread a few different things people in the high end seats around me said on a few of the latter day tours including "who's the old guy who plays the drums"

the truth is the stones are a huge huge live draw playing the mega-shows around the world.people want a ticket that says"the rolling stones"on it and see mick jagger and keith richards and that guy who looks kinda like rod stewart play brown sugar and jumpin jack flash.

and theres nothing wrong with that,its just a party.go have fun.

look at the beer line,-thats the amount of people who care if mick taylor is there or not.seriously,when is the last time taylor played to "1000's of people" at a show?,not a festival,a show with his name on the ticket.

i'm not putting him down,i love the guy but this is getting a little silly.

Posted by: Mel Belli ()
Date: April 9, 2015 23:56

whitem8
Keith is full of shit. You can't tell me that one half of the Glimmers is that detached from the inner workings of a tour of The Rolling Stones?

Believe it.

Posted by: TeddyB1018 ()
Date: April 10, 2015 00:07

whitem8

I don't know about this but Keith absolutely did not know that Jagger had brought MT in to overdub on Plundered My Soul. He was very upset to be made a fool of in the press.

Date: April 10, 2015 00:19

TeddyB1018
whitem8

I don't know about this but Keith absolutely did not know that Jagger had brought MT in to overdub on Plundered My Soul. He was very upset to be made a fool of in the press.

Touche to Keith then....

Posted by: SweetThing ()
Date: April 10, 2015 00:26

lem motlow
i'm a huge mick taylor fan and i wanted him to rejoin the band full time.

but we have to keep things based in reality-we dont really know what happened and freaking out on mick and keith isn't going to help.
its a fantasy to think he would help sell tickets,i posted on another thread a few different things people in the high end seats around me said on a few of the latter day tours including "who's the old guy who plays the drums"

the truth is the stones are a huge huge live draw playing the mega-shows around the world.people want a ticket that says"the rolling stones"on it and see mick jagger and keith richards and that guy who looks kinda like rod stewart play brown sugar and jumpin jack flash.

and theres nothing wrong with that,its just a party.go have fun.

look at the beer line,-thats the amount of people who care if mick taylor is there or not.seriously,when is the last time taylor played to "1000's of people" at a show?,not a festival,a show with his name on the ticket.

i'm not putting him down,i love the guy but this is getting a little silly.

I agree with your overall point, but IF Taylor can move 200 tickets at a solo show, shouldn't that at least double for a Stones show? It can't possibly be the same number...its a different animal. IF 400 tickets minimum per show doesn't matter, than so be it, but for whatever its worth, I believe he does bring something commercial to the table for the Stones....

Date: April 10, 2015 00:27

Why is it so unlikely that someone told Keith or let him believe that Taylor was sick? I don't understand the hate here confused smiley

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: April 10, 2015 00:28

if Keith wants to see what the Rolling Stones can still accomplish he needs to get control of this band one last time.Taylor is now the story of the tour.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-10 00:30 by DoomandGloom.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: April 10, 2015 00:30

Naturalust

Seems like it would be a good time to hear from MT himself. Mick and Keith are talking publicly about him, Taylor should be willing to make some kind of comment and not leave it up to others. Maybe he hasn't commented because he wants to leave open the possibility of playing with them, and it would be tricky to walk that line, especially if he isn't sober.

Maybe he is not sober enough to tell....smileys with beer

MT could be like this on stage, he would be funnier than Ronnie

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: April 10, 2015 00:42

TeddyB1018
whitem8

Thanks, that certainly puts things in a different light. I guess I was confused because the timing of the interviews coincided with the release of the Deluxe Exile. People here at iorr.org were aware so Keith's apparent ignorance of Taylor's involvement seemed insincere.

Keith's off hand remark of "heard he was sick" came across as insensitive and callous, in stark contrast to Ronnie's obviously sincere embrace and encouragement of Mick Taylor, both with the Stones and in other projects. If the Stones had a Human Resources Dept., Keith would have been called down and given a sensitivity lecture. At least he didn't say Taylor had a tiny todger.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-10 00:43 by bleedingman.

Posted by: TonyMo ()
Date: April 10, 2015 00:48

DoomandGloom
if Keith wants to see what the Rolling Stones can still accomplish he needs to get control of this band one last time.Taylor is now the story of the tour.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: April 10, 2015 00:53

DandelionPowderman
Why is it so unlikely that someone told Keith or let him believe that Taylor was sick? I don't understand the hate here confused smiley

Well upon hearing the news Keith could have done a few things, like called Taylor to inquire about his health and offer some support, or called Ronnie to find out if he knew anything about this or had noticed anything when they played together, or have Jane Rose make these calls. That crass off-hand remark makes him look uninterested/disconnected...which he might actually be.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Date: April 10, 2015 01:14

DandelionPowderman

It's certainly not unlikely, but do you think Keith is naïve or something? He should have checked it and contacted Taylor, which he (seemingly) hasn't done, or he has played the game too. We just don't know. Hey, it's the Most Mysterious band of the world, isn't it? As for Taylor, I think he will be vague, still keeping hope like some of us here do. He's afraid to throw in his own windows for the future.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: April 10, 2015 01:14

DandelionPowderman

In your world mr. Richards never can do no wrong, right?

- Doxa

Date: April 10, 2015 01:22

Btw: did Taylor make the impression of a person being ill, sick or struggling with rehab problems when he played with our dear philanthropist mr. Wood? No one has reported things of the like. He has toured for a couple of years all over the world and now he's suddenly not able to be present, having played just a very short time ago? Who does think that's probable?

Posted by: DoctorFreddie ()
Date: April 10, 2015 01:26

Doxa
DandelionPowderman

- Doxa

The blade,Dandie, show him the blade

Date: April 10, 2015 01:28

i can maybe shed some light on this-in 1989 i went to a club show mick did and a friend of mine who plays guitar and i hung around afterwords to meet him.
after the crowd cleared out a guy who i assume was his manager let us backstage to hang out-

there were 2 other fans there who we didnt know and the four of us stood around and finally mick came over and my friend,the two other fans and a couple guys from micks band sat and talked music for about 45 minutes.

i had told my friend beforehand-"no stones questions"

i think the other two guys were musicians too because it was all about guitars,alot of tech stuff i didnt really understand and i just listened and brought up mayall and how i'd seen the bluesbreakers reunion in 82.he seemed to really like that.

we came away from it thinking this guy is a real musician,not a rockstar.he doesnt give a shit about the trappings,the adulation or the bright lights.
i have no doubt he didnt care one bit about how many songs he did,he just liked hanging with his old friends in the stones.

he's more like bill than any of the other stones-bailed on the money and fame and just plays with that little rhythm kings band.

if i had to guess i'd say you wont see him responding to mick and keith in the press and i doubt he cares about any of this as much as we do.
he's probably having a little trouble with his rehab,and i dont say that in the modern day finger wagging way but in the 1970's way-you're f'd up,so what.it is what it is.

Date: April 10, 2015 03:19

kleermaker
Btw: did Taylor make the impression of a person being ill, sick or struggling with rehab problems when he played with our dear philanthropist mr. Wood? No one has reported things of the like. He has toured for a couple of years all over the world and now he's suddenly not able to be present, having played just a very short time ago? Who does think that's probable?

Not really but Taylor has had years and years of practice being a functioning addict/alcoholic, probably even plays better and more comfortably with a bit of a buzz on. Ronnie could be the very person who ratted him out to Mick!eye popping smiley

I have to say it but I believe sobriety is probably one of the issues affecting Taylor. That Keith could refer to that possibility as "sick" is a bit of a puzzler but it could be Keith is just mirroring what he was told. I'd rather hold Jane Rose responsible for Keith's lack of solid information at this point. grinning smiley

Taylor admitted the Stones required him to attend rehab before the last round of tours, paid for the whole thing and they probably had some pretty strict conditions about what was required....as in this is your one chance , we won't do it again and any relapses will result in contract termination. I can just imagine the high priced, cold hearted lawyer drawing that one up...maybe he failed a urine test and this is what caused the delay in the tour announcement. One day we will probably learn the truth.

peace

Posted by: SharksWillCry ()
Date: April 10, 2015 03:44

Nauralust
I have to say it but I believe sobriety is probably one of the issues affecting Taylor. That Keith could refer to that possibility as "sick" is a bit of a puzzler but it could be Keith is just mirroring what he was told. I'd rather hold Jane Rose responsible for Keith's lack of solid information at this point. grinning smiley

Taylor admitted the Stones required him to attend rehab before the last round of tours, paid for the whole thing and they probably had some pretty strict conditions about what was required....as in this is your one chance , we won't do it again and any relapses will result in contract termination. I can just imagine the high priced, cold hearted lawyer drawing that one up...maybe he failed a urine test and this is what caused the delay in the tour announcement. One day we will probably learn the truth.

I think you are spot on there, except for the delay of tour thing. He was probably out a while back. I think Keith was caught off guard in that interview and politely said "sick" or whatever instead of "drunk".

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: April 10, 2015 04:29

Forgive my "Kumbaya" moment, but where is the love? I guess that's what really bothers me here. Taylor is a brother who they could embrace with open arms, welcome him back to the fold, the "prodigal son" returns and all that. For God's sake these are men in their 70s. Make him a member of the band again, what does it matter at this point? OK, don't cut him in equally financially, but spiritually he belongs, as well as musically. Wouldn't this be a great end to the story, which surely must end fairly soon? So he left 40 years ago, forgive, and play some great music together in the little time left.

If you knew the real reasons (as I have been told) that he joined them again in the first place and why he isn't invited back you wouldn't believe how cold and calculating it all is. All I can say is Mick Jagger (and perhaps others) is a very cold fish. The whole thing leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Sorry for the sentimentality.

Date: April 10, 2015 04:40

Reasons 71tele? More than one? Are you saying that 'health/sobriety' is unequivocally BS? Oh man...this is getting depressing...What a week! I really wanted to get excited by the tour...

Date: April 10, 2015 08:42

71Tele

If you knew the real reasons (as I have been told) that he joined them again in the first place and why he isn't invited back you wouldn't believe how cold and calculating it all is. All I can say is Mick Jagger (and perhaps others) is a very cold fish. The whole thing leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Sorry for the sentimentality.

As you yourself have said, why all the friggin' secrecy? People claim to have inside information on this important subject but nobody will spit out the damn truth. This just fuels the fires of rumor, speculation and untruths. Now there is a nefarious or otherwise special reason he joined them again in the first place? Maybe you can just tell us all the reasons he didn't join for and all the reasons which are untrue about his not being invited back..

That being said, God I hope he isn't truly very sick cause that would make sense on a lot of levels and I truly have love and compassion for the man.

peace

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-10 08:49 by Naturalust.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: April 10, 2015 08:47

DoctorFreddie
Doxa
DandelionPowderman

- Doxa

The blade,Dandie, show him the blade

>grinning smiley<

Dr. Doxa gives three options to prevent confusions like this to happen:

(a) Mick Jagger should inform better his employees
(b) Keith Richards should quit giving interviews
(c) Or if he does, and wants to play the 'honest man' role, be frank thru and thru and answer to every Stones-related question: "I don't know. Ask Mick".

- Doxa

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-10 08:53 by Doxa.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3940414243444546474849...LastNext
Current Page: 44 of 307

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1828
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home