Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4142434445464748495051...LastNext
Current Page: 46 of 307
Re: Mick Taylor Talk - what's on your mind right now...
Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: April 10, 2015 15:23

Dreamer
gotdablouse
What "very interesting" details about rehearsals ? Got a link ?

Hmm, search and research you must my friend.
smiling smiley

Couldn't find anything of great interest or supporting what you seem to be accusing Chacal of, I did find this post of yours in the rehearsals thread that could qualify as "very interesting" [www.iorr.org] as it implied that Taylor's role would be different on the 2014 tour. Other than playing on SA a few times and on SOL once it wasn't that different was it?

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-10 15:24 by gotdablouse.

Date: April 10, 2015 15:29

gotdablouse
Dreamer
gotdablouse
What "very interesting" details about rehearsals ? Got a link ?

Hmm, search and research you must my friend.
smiling smiley

Couldn't find anything of great interest or supporting what you seem to be accusing Chacal of, I did find this post of yours in the rehearsals thread that could qualify as "very interesting" [www.iorr.org] as it implied that Taylor's role would be different on the 2014 tour. Other than playing on SA a few times and on SOL once it wasn't that different was it?

Two Silver Trains as well...

Posted by: fuzzbox ()
Date: April 10, 2015 17:09

This thread is ridiculous!

Date: April 10, 2015 17:37

fuzzbox
This thread is ridiculous!

As always...

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: April 10, 2015 17:49

Maybe we should rename this section to "Talk, talk" instead of "Tell me"?

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: April 10, 2015 18:06

treaclefingers
71Tele
Naturalust
71Tele

If you knew the real reasons (as I have been told) that he joined them again in the first place and why he isn't invited back you wouldn't believe how cold and calculating it all is. All I can say is Mick Jagger (and perhaps others) is a very cold fish. The whole thing leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Sorry for the sentimentality.

As you yourself have said, why all the friggin' secrecy? People claim to have inside information on this important subject but nobody will spit out the damn truth. This just fuels the fires of rumor, speculation and untruths. Now there is a nefarious or otherwise special reason he joined them again in the first place? Maybe you can just tell us all the reasons he didn't join for and all the reasons which are untrue about his not being invited back..

That being said, God I hope he isn't truly very sick cause that would make sense on a lot of levels and I truly have love and compassion for the man.

peace

You're right. I hate when people do that. Regretfully I find myself in the same situation others have been in: Information has been imparted to me under conditions of non-disclosure to others. I was in touch with someone not on this board whom I have no reason to doubt. If that person is correct, the issue has nothing to do with Taylor's health. I cannot guarantee it is correct, but I believe it to be. If that person gives me the go-ahead I will post it here.

would love to know the real reason, along with everyone else.

while you're at it, if you can find out why they dragged him around the world playing one song every night, I'd love to know the reason for that too.

Your last sentence is the key to the whole thing.

Date: April 10, 2015 18:07

Dreamer
71Tele
Forgive my "Kumbaya" moment, but where is the love? I guess that's what really bothers me here. Taylor is a brother who they could embrace with open arms, welcome him back to the fold, the "prodigal son" returns and all that. For God's sake these are men in their 70s. Make him a member of the band again, what does it matter at this point? OK, don't cut him in equally financially, but spiritually he belongs, as well as musically. Wouldn't this be a great end to the story, which surely must end fairly soon? So he left 40 years ago, forgive, and play some great music together in the little time left.

If you knew the real reasons (as I have been told) that he joined them again in the first place and why he isn't invited back you wouldn't believe how cold and calculating it all is. All I can say is Mick Jagger (and perhaps others) is a very cold fish. The whole thing leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Sorry for the sentimentality.

The real reason that he joined them again is that he decided to join them again.
Why he was asked to join is something else but if MT thought that was something cold and calculating he should not have joined. But he did so that's his responsability. And it's the responsability of the RS to not ask him again.

The thing is other peoples sentimentality is playing a far too huge role here. Maybe even MT's sentimentality is playing a cold fish or at least a dubious role since 'his people' are maybe talking through your mouth here.
Ever thought about why that might be the case? Why on earth when the RS are such cold fish does MT want to play with them? And why are his people trying to talk through your mouth here - what's in it for them? Are they really serving the interest of MT to join again for one or two songs? They are going to all of this crap about cold fish because they want him to join that cold fish for two songs?? What do you want to believe? And what do you want other people to believe with posts like this?

His people are not trying to talk through my mouth. I don't know his people.

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: April 10, 2015 18:39

Tele it seems you are pointing the blame at MJ and him not wishing to be upstaged?

Date: April 10, 2015 19:00

DoomandGloom
Tele it seems you are pointing the blame at MJ and him not wishing to be upstaged?

No. Here's what I was told. I have to emphasize that the information came from someone I trust who is a former poster here, and that person's information came from someone with direct knowledge, so yes, secondhand. You can believe it or not. It is my understanding that a few people here are already aware of this.

The reason Mick Taylor was hired in the first place and was taken around the world to play one or two songs is that Keith was still having seizures and the insurance people needed a "back-up" just in case. Had Keith been unable to perform, you would still have had two bona fide Rolling Stones guitarists and the show would have gone on. When Keith's health improved, the Taylor "insurance policy" was no longer needed, and he was not invited back. It's that simple.

Now, there may or may not be additional issues with Taylor's health or dynamics within the band, I have no idea about any of those things, but I was told none of them were the reason Taylor was not brought back for this tour.

I am posting this because the person who gave me the information gave me permission to do so, and I did not want to be one of those people who has information and then says they can't share it. Make of it what you will.

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: April 10, 2015 19:08

71Tele
DoomandGloom

No. Here's what I was told. I have to emphasize that the information came from someone I trust who is a former poster here, and that person's information came from someone with direct knowledge, so yes, secondhand. You can believe it or not. It is my understanding that a few people here are already aware of this.

The reason Mick Taylor was hired in the first place and was taken around the world to play one or two songs is that Keith was still having seizures and the insurance people needed a "back-up" just in case. Had Keith been unable to perform, you would still have had two bona fide Rolling Stones guitarists and the show would have gone on. When Keith's health improved, the Taylor "insurance policy" was no longer needed, and he was not invited back. It's that simple.

Now, there may or may not be additional issues with Taylor's health or dynamics within the band, I have no idea about any of those things, but I was told none of them were the reason Taylor was not brought back for this tour.

I am posting this because the person who gave me the information gave me permission to do so, and I did not want to be one of those people who has information and then says they can't share it. Make of it what you will.

It all sounds completely logic and plausible to my ears Tele. It explains everything. Taylor surely will have got some nice money for his stand-in job (and a few occasions to show us his guitar playing).

Posted by: Stoneburst ()
Date: April 10, 2015 19:12

Thanks, Tele. Can you tell us what was up with the occasions hints of MT getting a bigger role - the occasional Sways and Knockings? Was that just the band throwing their hardcore fans a bone?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-10 19:14 by Stoneburst.

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: April 10, 2015 19:13

71Tele
DoomandGloom

well finally some clarity ..I think..

thanks Tele.

its strange that these seizures of Keith's aren't still a concern.. i'd think that would be an ever-present concern, unless he got better meds or something..

if Taylor was there for Keith, they should have him now for the same reasons.

Date: April 10, 2015 19:13

What utter nonsense. For that to even be viable Taylor would have to know lots of stones songs, ready to play onstage at a moments notice. Clearly not the case.

Date: April 10, 2015 19:16

fuzzbox
What utter nonsense. For that to even be viable Taylor would have to know lots of stones songs, ready to play onstage at a moments notice. Clearly not the case.

As I said, make of it what you will. I am just putting out what I was told. I have no investment in this, just sharing the information. People can form their own opinions.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: April 10, 2015 19:19

Did Taylor rehearse with the band on other songs than his selected fews?

Date: April 10, 2015 19:20

Mick was out and about in West London last night.......at Rough Trade records in Notting Hill. Looking in good shape.

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: April 10, 2015 19:22

Manofwealthandtaste
Mick was out and about in West London last night.......at Rough Trade records in Notting Hill. Looking in good shape.

good, glad to hear ..
has he lost weight?

oh wait...the other Mick..

Date: April 10, 2015 19:23

Stoneage

If I find out any more I will post it. Assume what I posted is all I have for now.

Date: April 10, 2015 19:29

Stoneage
he heard the songs every night. I'm sure he could pull it off. He worked well as Woods support on Ronnie's songs.

Date: April 10, 2015 19:30

Taylor struggles to get through gigs of his own making, nevermind a whole stones concert and tour. Nothing in how he played during 2012 - 2014 shows he was ready to step in. He just about managed to remember the arrangements of the few songs he played on.

Posted by: Stoneburst ()
Date: April 10, 2015 19:36

fuzzbox
Taylor struggles to get through gigs of his own making, nevermind a whole stones concert and tour. Nothing in how he played during 2012 - 2014 shows he was ready to step in. He just about managed to remember the arrangements of the few songs he played on.

Sorry, but this is just a flat-out lie.

Date: April 10, 2015 19:42

Stoneburst
fuzzbox

Sorry, but this is just a flat-out lie.

It is an observation, not a lie.

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: April 10, 2015 19:44

mick taylor is still a great guitar player,anyone who says he's not is full of shit.

and tele just made something that never made sense suddenly make perfect sense-

i wish i didnt believe him,i would love to call bullshit on this-but it simply explains everything thats happened in the last couple of years,no way around it.

Date: April 10, 2015 19:48

I hope Keith stays well. There is more press regarding MT's absence than I expected. Perhaps this will all work out, BV is correct they are old, this is evolving, uncharted territory. We know they love all press so announcing MT last minute may raise their buzz.seems MT FBK page which is now a fan page did no one a favor.

Date: April 10, 2015 19:48

DoomandGloom
Stoneage
he heard the songs every night. I'm sure he could pull it off. He worked well as Woods support on Ronnie's songs.

Sorry, but something as big and important as that would be worked out before the tour. There is no evidence to show that Taylor was rehearsed, set up and ready to stand in if Keith could not play.

Control freak Jagger would not leave somethting ao important to Taylor hearing the songs every night.

Date: April 10, 2015 19:53

lem motlow
mick taylor is still a great guitar player,anyone who says he's not is full of shit.

i wish i didnt believe him,i would love to call bullshit on this-but it simply explains everything thats happened in the last couple of years,no way around it.

It doesn't make sense at all. It's ridiculous...

bring in a musician as a back up that has little experience of concerts of that size, is himself dealing with ongoing problems and then, just to make sure it would work... not to even bother rehearsing in preperation for the possibility of Keith not being able to play.

Yeah, sounds legit. thumbs down

Date: April 10, 2015 19:55

fuzzbox
DoomandGloom
Stoneage

Sorry, but something as big and important as that would be worked out before the tour. There is no evidence to show that Taylor was rehearsed, set up and ready to stand in if Keith could not play.

Control freak Jagger would not leave somethting ao important to Taylor hearing the songs every night.
they tried it KR was away with a baby thing if you remember. I am so glad KR stayed fit but a SFd with Taylor would have been something. I know you thinl MT is lame but I've witnessed the opposite @ Jimmy Reed.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-10 19:56 by DoomandGloom.

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: April 10, 2015 19:57

It does explain a lot.

And to answer the question of whether Taylor rehearsed other songs than his selected few, he was present for rehearsals. Not all of them, but he got two days worth or so each time they rehearsed. I guess they were mostly his numbers, but more educated fans than myself will remember those rehearsal setlists being posted and he was definitely playing other things with them. I don't remember any offhand, and I don't want to be responsible for spreading false tales, but I could have sworn they rehearsed stuff like All Down The Line and Shine A Light and stuff with him. Again, the setlists are out there somewhere if someone can dig them up.

I agree it doesn't quite explain why some nights there would be 2 Taylor songs and some nights there would be 3 or 4? I guess maybe just to switch it up for multiple night stands in cities? Doesn't make sense why someplace like Philly would get Knockin' though and Boston wouldn't. I get it for somewhere like Chicago that got 3 shows so they needed new gimmicks, but some double night stands got the same two songs. Its weird sometimes that they just threw it a third, or 4th like in LA.

I do believe that rumor. I don't know why they wouldn't keep him now, since you'd think Keith's thing isn't gone, but the rumor makes sense and explains a lot. Could you imagine if Keith couldn't play a show and they were like "we're gonna continue and have Mick Taylor play the whole show?" Its brilliant on their part because for most, people wouldn't get mad. Although now that I'm saying that, based off their logic, wouldn't people be far more upset Keith isn't there than happy that some fat guy the public doesn't know is playing with them? Keith is synonymous with the band, whereas as far as the Stones have perpetuated, Taylor means nothing.

Date: April 10, 2015 20:01

fuzzbox
lem motlow

it is for insurance reasons perhaps they did not think Keith would miss a date. He saved the tour when MJ got I'll.

It doesn't make sense at all. It's ridiculous...

bring in a musician as a back up that has little experience of concerts of that size, is himself dealing with ongoing problems and then, just to make sure it would work... not to even bother rehearsing in preperation for the possibility of Keith not being able to play.

Yeah, sounds legit. thumbs down

Date: April 10, 2015 20:02

I don't think he is lame, just that for this claim to be plausible there would have to have been some serious work put in to make it work. The stones without Keith woild be a huge thing.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4142434445464748495051...LastNext
Current Page: 46 of 307

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1828
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home