Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...200201202203204205206207208209210...LastNext
Current Page: 205 of 307
Re: Mick Taylor Talk - what's on your mind right now...
Date: May 2, 2017 14:59

Take it with a pinch of salt. Watch Taylor laugh at Keith at the end of clip, as if he wants to say, "this was hilarious". To me the acoustic guitar sounds like it could be Taylor, to you like Richards. It is 45 years ago, I seriously doubt if they remember it themselves.

There are more serious things in my life at stake at this moment. You know what I'm referring to. Cheers mate.smileys with beer

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-05-02 15:06 by TheflyingDutchman.

Date: May 2, 2017 15:05

TheflyingDutchman
Take it with a pinch of salt. Watch Taylor laugh at Keith at the end of clip, as if he wants to say, "this was hilarious". To me the acoustic guitar sounds like it could be Taylor, to you like Richards. It is 45 years ago, I seriously doubt if they remember it themselves.

There are more serious things in my life at stake at this moment. You know what I'm referring to.smileys with beer

I agree, but I still find it surprising that you believe Taylor played that capoed acoustic on LC.

Date: May 2, 2017 18:36

At least it gives us something to think about. winking smiley

Posted by: JJHMick ()
Date: May 3, 2017 22:28

Regarding Loving Cup: not yet discussed and maybe remembered by Charlie is the Hyde Park Version.

Date: May 4, 2017 00:54

JJHMick
Regarding Loving Cup: not yet discussed and maybe remembered by Charlie is the Hyde Park Version.

Hyde Park is not the Exile era, two different worlds. Charlie refers to Exile in the interview.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: May 5, 2017 03:12

TheflyingDutchman
JJHMick

Hyde Park is not the Exile era, two different worlds. Charlie refers to Exile in the interview.
Maybe the alternative version from EOMS DeLuxe

Date: May 11, 2017 18:18

Not much going on for Taylorites here anymore so here I go:

[vimeo.com]

Posted by: PhillyFAN ()
Date: May 11, 2017 18:44

TheflyingDutchman
Not much going on for Taylorites here anymore so here I go:

[vimeo.com]
ope

Whenever there there is start of a new tour I have hope in vain but i found this finger snapping and toe tapper!

[www.youtube.com]

Date: May 15, 2017 21:36

Mick Taylor playing the blues, solo.

[www.youtube.com]

Date: May 26, 2017 00:53

Keith answers a question.

[www.youtube.com]

Date: May 26, 2017 19:05

Don't know if it has been published here before - anyway, nice listening - 6 parts.

[www.youtube.com] (On the road with Mick Taylor (Part 1)

[www.youtube.com] (On the road with Mick Taylor (Part 2)

[www.youtube.com] (On the road with Mick Taylor (Part 3)

[www.youtube.com] (On the road with Mick Taylor (Part 4)

[www.youtube.com] (On the road with Mick Taylor (Part 5)

Part 6 is somehow missing!!!

Posted by: MAYO ()
Date: May 26, 2017 22:47

When a new mick taylor recrd

Date: May 26, 2017 23:57

Former Stones bassist Bill Wyman admits that he's still in awe of Mick Taylor's considerable talent:

"Musically, he was a better musician than any of us in the band. Definitely. He was young, he was -- God! Some of the things he did were, I don't know -- amazing. He was incredibly boring on the stage. He'd just stand there and look at his guitar, and do these amazing licks and riffs and solos. God, the audience (would only) see the top of his head all the time. I always thought, y'know, (laughs) he could've been -- but then (laughs) I'm not a good one to talk am I? I don't leap about much. In 30 years with the Stones I probably made three steps on the (laughs) stage."

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: May 27, 2017 00:11

Love when Bill or any of them talk like that. About any of them. Such a close brotherhood and its so genuine when they do. At this point in their careers, it doesn't have to be about promoting the "current" lineup, or dissing Ronnie or anything. Its just admiring the talent you've had in this band and its so great when they honestly call it out cause I feel its rare. Awesome quote Bill, good on you. Even a little joke at his own expense. Coming from a damn underrated bass player.

Mick taylor new record ?
Date: May 26, 2017 22:50

Will we have a new brand mick taylor record ? I think it is time to do so like so many others great artist

Re: Mick taylor new record ?
Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 27, 2017 01:18

He could title it 50 and Counting as his first official release was with the Bluesbreakers back in 1967.

Date: May 27, 2017 02:33

He has some 50 songs as demo ready to be mixed and released ...
smileys with beer

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: May 27, 2017 03:31

....he should get Mick in on vocals and the rest of da Stones ta back him ....

ROCKMAN

Date: May 27, 2017 04:54

Yeah Rockman, that would be a recipe for success.
Maybe do a few remakes of Stones tunes recorded before and after he left the band (or songs he never played on). Imagine a smoking new studio version of Midnight Rambler!
He could also add something extra special to a tune like Down in the Hole, and maybe even spice up Love is Strong? Not sure if he could help Emotional Rescue or Mixed Emotions, but might be worth a try? confused smiley
Maybe a few Keith solo covers (some wicked slide on You Don't Move Me? And with Jagger on vocals!), along with a batch of new originals, I'd buy a Super Duper Deluxe version of that album without hesitation!

winking smiley

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: May 27, 2017 07:06

Rockman
....he should get Mick in on vocals and the rest of da Stones ta back him ....

...and release this under the title "Mick Taylor & His Rocking Bones".

Date: May 27, 2017 09:11

Clapton, j beck , mayall all of then are making decent records not masterpieces but we in general like them but mick is allwais in other place snd no new record is out.
I read in several ocadion he was recording but nowadays the most brilliant think has been to back the stones. Hi is great and shoudl be back in the stydio. I hope something before his retirement

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: May 27, 2017 09:26

MAYO
Clapton, j beck , mayall all of then are making decent records not masterpieces but we in general like them but mick is allwais in other place snd no new record is out.
I read in several ocadion he was recording but nowadays the most brilliant think has been to back the stones. Hi is great and shoudl be back in the stydio. I hope something before his retirement

He's a fantastic guitar player but seems to have lost his artistic vision that is essential to record albums.

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: May 27, 2017 14:58

call the record......Mick Taylor....“I coulda been a contender!”

Posted by: TravelinMan ()
Date: May 27, 2017 17:42

retired_dog
MAYO

He's a fantastic guitar player but seems to have lost his artistic vision that is essential to record albums.

I feel like I read somewhere he became disillusioned with the music biz.

Date: May 27, 2017 18:06

TravelinMan
retired_dog
MAYO

I feel like I read somewhere he became disillusioned with the music biz.
I guess he is more or less retired.

Date: June 13, 2017 00:05

Some excellent playing here:

[vimeo.com]

Date: June 13, 2017 00:07

Wondering if they'll invite him back for a few songs on stage considering it's now "55 and Counting...".
That would make the tour extra special, and might be part of the "surprises" that have been mentioned. thumbs up

Posted by: PhillyFAN ()
Date: June 13, 2017 23:40

Hairball
Wondering if they'll invite him back for a few songs on stage considering it's now "55 and Counting...".
That would make the tour extra special, and might be part of the "surprises" that have been mentioned. thumbs up

That would really be a surprise, but does he even want to berelegated to one song and an acoustic guitar again?

Date: June 14, 2017 00:09

PhillyFAN
Hairball

That would really be a surprise, but does he even want to berelegated to one song and an acoustic guitar again?

I guess he is basically retired.
When was the last time he played in public?

Posted by: Ricky ()
Date: June 14, 2017 00:28

mtaylor
PhillyFAN
Hairball

I guess he is basically retired.
When was the last time he played in public?

25th October, 2016 - Celebration of the Life And Music of Jack Bruce concert in London

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...200201202203204205206207208209210...LastNext
Current Page: 205 of 307

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1520
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home