Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...200201202203204205206207208209210Next
Current Page: 206 of 210
Re: Mick Taylor Talk - what's on your mind right now...
Posted by: PhillyFAN ()
Date: June 14, 2017 16:58

Quote
Ricky
Quote
mtaylor
Quote
PhillyFAN
Quote
Hairball
Wondering if they'll invite him back for a few songs on stage considering it's now "55 and Counting...".
That would make the tour extra special, and might be part of the "surprises" that have been mentioned. thumbs up


That would really be a surprise, but does he even want to berelegated to one song and an acoustic guitar again?

I guess he is basically retired.
When was the last time he played in public?

25th October, 2016 - Celebration of the Life And Music of Jack Bruce concert in London


He did a jaw dropping version of White Room.There is a You Tube of it.

Re: Mick Taylor Talk - what's on your mind right now...
Date: June 14, 2017 17:23


Re: Mick Taylor Talk - what's on your mind right now...
Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: June 14, 2017 19:37

Wow, that was an awesome version. Good to see Mick can still rip it when he wants to these days. Wasn't too rambling either which he is a victim of sometimes. Cool performance.

Why he doesn't play more shows on his own? Thats not odd, he never really did. I wouldn't be shocked if he went into "semi-retirement" but how much has he really did in the last 30 years? I'd say besides the Stones tour he's probably just gone back to living the life he did, which seemed to be playing small places whenever he felt like it.

Re: Mick Taylor Talk - what's on your mind right now...
Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: June 14, 2017 19:55

My God he's great. solo comes in around five minutes in or so and it's like instant pow. dude is off the hook.

Re: Mick Taylor Talk - what's on your mind right now...
Posted by: mrpaulincanada ()
Date: June 14, 2017 23:01

Awesome playing....Little Mick still has it. I wish there were a couple of Englishmen who could see that too...

Re: Mick Taylor Talk - what's on your mind right now...
Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: June 15, 2017 00:15

Quote
mrpaulincanada
Awesome playing....Little Mick still has it. I wish there were a couple of Englishmen who could see that too...

Honestly, as much as I love him, that wouldn't fit at all with current day Stones. And its not always that inspired. There's a time and place for Mick, but most current day shows wouldn't benefit from him IMO.

Re: Mick Taylor Talk - what's on your mind right now...
Date: June 15, 2017 00:24

Makes no sense to me. The Rolling Stones's guitarists are a repetition of moves for decades already.

Re: Mick Taylor Talk - what's on your mind right now...
Posted by: PhillyFAN ()
Date: June 15, 2017 02:27

He is still a brilliant player. He can make old and tired music come to life. That was a incredible version of White Room.

Re: Mick Taylor Talk - what's on your mind right now...
Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: June 15, 2017 08:13

Quote
RollingFreak
Quote
mrpaulincanada
Awesome playing....Little Mick still has it. I wish there were a couple of Englishmen who could see that too...

Honestly, as much as I love him, that wouldn't fit at all with current day Stones. And its not always that inspired. There's a time and place for Mick, but most current day shows wouldn't benefit from him IMO.

Ridiculous.

He would raise the bar back up where it belongs.

.
.
_____________________________________________________________
Nothing to do, nowhere to go...you're talkin' to people that you don't know....

Re: Mick Taylor Talk - what's on your mind right now...
Posted by: S.T.P ()
Date: June 15, 2017 13:43

Quote
Hairball
He would raise the bar back up where it belongs.

Yeah!smileys with beerthumbs up

Re: Mick Taylor Talk - what's on your mind right now...
Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: June 15, 2017 17:38

Quote
Hairball
Quote
RollingFreak
Quote
mrpaulincanada
Awesome playing....Little Mick still has it. I wish there were a couple of Englishmen who could see that too...

Honestly, as much as I love him, that wouldn't fit at all with current day Stones. And its not always that inspired. There's a time and place for Mick, but most current day shows wouldn't benefit from him IMO.

Ridiculous.

He would raise the bar back up where it belongs.

They don't play those types of solos anymore. He's best, at least nowadays, when you give him an extended time to solo. Otherwise he's not really adding much to a song or he's just sort of noodling around in the background. Its just not the show the Stones put on or have for the last 20 years. They have a set, its rather tight, and I would love to see Mick Taylor (its the ONLY reason I went on the 50th tour) but he'd bore most of the audience I think. Ronnie has that energy and those quick fills that, I think, gel best with what the band has become today.

Re: Mick Taylor Talk - what's on your mind right now...
Posted by: MartinB ()
Date: June 15, 2017 18:50

Quote
RollingFreak
Quote
Hairball
Quote
RollingFreak
Quote
mrpaulincanada
Awesome playing....Little Mick still has it. I wish there were a couple of Englishmen who could see that too...

Honestly, as much as I love him, that wouldn't fit at all with current day Stones. And its not always that inspired. There's a time and place for Mick, but most current day shows wouldn't benefit from him IMO.

Ridiculous.

He would raise the bar back up where it belongs.

They don't play those types of solos anymore. He's best, at least nowadays, when you give him an extended time to solo. Otherwise he's not really adding much to a song or he's just sort of noodling around in the background. Its just not the show the Stones put on or have for the last 20 years. They have a set, its rather tight, and I would love to see Mick Taylor (its the ONLY reason I went on the 50th tour) but he'd bore most of the audience I think. Ronnie has that energy and those quick fills that, I think, gel best with what the band has become today.


I saw several shows with him the last tour and, for whatever reasons, he did not live up to the expectations. Certainly did not raise the bar. And I saw numerous solo gigs of MT, and it was hit and miss...

Re: Mick Taylor Talk - what's on your mind right now...
Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: June 15, 2017 19:04

Quote
MartinB
I saw several shows with him the last tour and, for whatever reasons, he did not live up to the expectations. Certainly did not raise the bar. And I saw numerous solo gigs of MT, and it was hit and miss...

He lived up to my expectations, and I adored the show I saw with him. Without a doubt the highlight was Rambler, but they also did a blistering Knockin' which I was fortunate enough to get. So I got a double dose of extended Taylor. Those two songs, and ONLY those two songs, that night you felt you were seeing just a hint of what those dangerous Stones used to be. Its not so much dangerous anymore at 70, but more unhinged. A very very slight "this could go anywhere" type of feeling that Mick Jagger can't control. And its questionable how far down the hole you should go these days. As you say, Taylor is different than he used to be and he doesn't exactly light up a stage. You don't need that, but after a while the novelty is gone and its really gotta stand up on its own. Whether that would happen, its up to everyone individually. Without a doubt, as big a fan I am, I have no real interest seeing him solo cause, as you say, he's hit or miss and mostly just assume its a little boring. He does need the Stones, and while the Stones benefit greatly from him the last 40 years proves they don't NEED him.

I think he can and did live up to most expectations this tour, especially for the little he was used for. I think, given more time and more rehearsal and time to gel with the band, it could have been something great and truly different and a fitting tribute to that golden era of the band once more. Having said that, as big of a Taylor fan as I've been, I've also always said they owe him nothing and they didn't HAVE to bring him back. So while I wish he played more and, unrealistically, was treated more as an equal rather than a guest playing half or more of the set, I fully understand what they did was a nice gesture and to take it for nothing more than that. He could potentially add greatly to their show, but they didn't need to get him back so I thank them for even doing it just a bit, at least for half an hour of the show I saw. And for crushing it the other two hours of the show where they, unbiasedly, played fantastic. It was an excellent show that they were gracious enough to let Mick Taylor elevate for a bit of it for a certain section of fans.

Re: Mick Taylor Talk - what's on your mind right now...
Posted by: S.T.P ()
Date: June 15, 2017 19:14

Quote
RollingFreak
They don't play those types of solos anymore. He's best, at least nowadays, when you give him an extended time to solo. Otherwise he's not really adding much to a song or he's just sort of noodling around in the background. Its just not the show the Stones put on or have for the last 20 years. They have a set, its rather tight, and I would love to see Mick Taylor (its the ONLY reason I went on the 50th tour) but he'd bore most of the audience I think. Ronnie has that energy and those quick fills that, I think, gel best with what the band has become today.

You're probably right about Ronny, and that he' comfortable with adapting to todays version of the band. But honestly there is much more involved than guitarplaying and the music. They have to deal with the one size fits all show. It's mostly about expressing energy and giving the crowd a good show. They've played the same versions of the classics for most of the time now for about two decades. From my point of view that's boring. The time when the Stones where exploring new ground is long gone. Therefore it would have been thrilling to hear new versions of both new and old songs -and I'm also shure that it would benefit them in this time of their career. Refreshing would be the right word, and Taylor would fit right in.

Re: Mick Taylor Talk - what's on your mind right now...
Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: June 15, 2017 19:17

Quote
RollingFreak
Quote
Hairball
Quote
RollingFreak
Quote
mrpaulincanada
Awesome playing....Little Mick still has it. I wish there were a couple of Englishmen who could see that too...

Honestly, as much as I love him, that wouldn't fit at all with current day Stones. And its not always that inspired. There's a time and place for Mick, but most current day shows wouldn't benefit from him IMO.

Ridiculous.

He would raise the bar back up where it belongs.

They don't play those types of solos anymore. He's best, at least nowadays, when you give him an extended time to solo. Otherwise he's not really adding much to a song or he's just sort of noodling around in the background. Its just not the show the Stones put on or have for the last 20 years. They have a set, its rather tight, and I would love to see Mick Taylor (its the ONLY reason I went on the 50th tour) but he'd bore most of the audience I think. Ronnie has that energy and those quick fills that, I think, gel best with what the band has become today.

Keep Ronnie - he can play an occasional lead and a quick fill here and there, but mainly rhythm to help fill out Keith's missing parts - as for now Chuck L. is filling Keith's parts on keyboard which is kind of lame.
Or move Ronnie to bass - once a bass player always a bass player, and he certainly knows his way around the bass.

Mick Taylor is not all about extended solos - yes he's a master at that, but he's an all around great guitar player including rhythm. Having seen him play with the Bluesbreakers reunion in '82, along with a couple of solo shows throughout the years, and most recently six shows when they brought him back a few years ago, I can attest to this fact. He is the missing link that has been missing for many years in the Stones world IMO, and while the Stones are fun without him, they just aren't quite up to snuff - especially in these latter years. Seeing him play Sway, CYHMK, AND Midnight Rambler at the second Staples show in 2013 ranks up there with the very best Stones shows I've ever seen - actually it's probably the #1 Stones show I've seen as far as musicianship is concerned.

.
.
_____________________________________________________________
Nothing to do, nowhere to go...you're talkin' to people that you don't know....

Re: Mick Taylor Talk - what's on your mind right now...
Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: June 15, 2017 20:49

Quote
S.T.P
Quote
RollingFreak
They don't play those types of solos anymore. He's best, at least nowadays, when you give him an extended time to solo. Otherwise he's not really adding much to a song or he's just sort of noodling around in the background. Its just not the show the Stones put on or have for the last 20 years. They have a set, its rather tight, and I would love to see Mick Taylor (its the ONLY reason I went on the 50th tour) but he'd bore most of the audience I think. Ronnie has that energy and those quick fills that, I think, gel best with what the band has become today.

You're probably right about Ronny, and that he' comfortable with adapting to todays version of the band. But honestly there is much more involved than guitarplaying and the music. They have to deal with the one size fits all show. It's mostly about expressing energy and giving the crowd a good show. They've played the same versions of the classics for most of the time now for about two decades. From my point of view that's boring. The time when the Stones where exploring new ground is long gone. Therefore it would have been thrilling to hear new versions of both new and old songs -and I'm also shure that it would benefit them in this time of their career. Refreshing would be the right word, and Taylor would fit right in.

Thats true, but the key thing is most people AREN'T tired or bored of hearing those songs played the same way for 20 years. I am, you are, but people still go to the shows. If thats people here, then they add to the problem, but its just overall the general public isn't us and don't care. They go to hear it that way, it works and thats why the Stones have kept it that way. I keep saying it, I'm a big Taylor fan, but for the Stones to bring him back, just because a small percent of their audience is bored with how these songs are done? Thats just so unrealistic. If they were losing money, maybe. But to bring back a former member (again, who did quit the band and they did a FAVOR in bringing back as a guest, despite the fact that he helped sell tickets) AND reinvent your songs cause a few people want it? That seems like an awful lot this band is conceding and changing when based on their touring figures nothing is wrong.

And yes, I'm fully aware Taylor isn't just about long extended solos, but everything he does is basically that. I'm sure that would change with the right rehearsal and usage, but when he plays solo, its long blues numbers. When he guested with the Stones, it was long solos like Rambler and Knockin. When he wasn't used there, he barely made an impression, like on Satisfaction or Streets Of Love. When he's on Fallon, he plays an INCREDIBLE Shine A Light solo, but one that also sounds like its in the middle of a longer more rambling solo style. I don't know everything about guitar, far from it, I'm sure Taylor can still play in a way that enhances their music. But I don't think its wrong to say its not how he plays 80% of the time these days (if not more) and it would require a lot of, unrealistic, interaction with the band and rehearsal. And until people stop showing up, there's no reason for the Stones to waste their time with it. I believe he can do it, I believe it would sound better, but I question, for the Stones, if its worth that effort and I would agree in their hesitance of that. Its an experiment that may or may not even work or make a big impression on audiences. I want him back as much as you, but his soloing on Sway probably impressed 5% at most of the audience in LA. To the other 95%, it wouldn't have mattered to them if it was Ronnie playing it. They wouldn't have noticed a difference.



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-06-15 20:51 by RollingFreak.

Re: Mick Taylor Talk - what's on your mind right now...
Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: June 15, 2017 21:09

The tickets were selling poorly at the Las Vegas shows. Could be partially due to being way overpriced, but also many people were either bored and/or weren't willing to see the same old show again.
Bringing back Mick Taylor might not be the absolute answer, but it would be a step back in the right direction. Bring the prices back down and add Mick Taylor- everyone would be happy.

Quote
RollingFreak
I want him back as much as you, but his soloing on Sway probably impressed 5% at most of the audience in LA. To the other 95%, it wouldn't have mattered to them if it was Ronnie playing it. They wouldn't have noticed a difference.

Again ridiculous and false - no offense.

.
.
_____________________________________________________________
Nothing to do, nowhere to go...you're talkin' to people that you don't know....



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-06-15 21:11 by Hairball.

Re: Mick Taylor Talk - what's on your mind right now...
Posted by: PhillyFAN ()
Date: June 15, 2017 21:11

Quote
Hairball
Quote
RollingFreak
Quote
Hairball
Quote
RollingFreak
Quote
mrpaulincanada
Awesome playing....Little Mick still has it. I wish there were a couple of Englishmen who could see that too...

Honestly, as much as I love him, that wouldn't fit at all with current day Stones. And its not always that inspired. There's a time and place for Mick, but most current day shows wouldn't benefit from him IMO.

Ridiculous.

He would raise the bar back up where it belongs.

They don't play those types of solos anymore. He's best, at least nowadays, when you give him an extended time to solo. Otherwise he's not really adding much to a song or he's just sort of noodling around in the background. Its just not the show the Stones put on or have for the last 20 years. They have a set, its rather tight, and I would love to see Mick Taylor (its the ONLY reason I went on the 50th tour) but he'd bore most of the audience I think. Ronnie has that energy and those quick fills that, I think, gel best with what the band has become today.

Keep Ronnie - he can play an occasional lead and a quick fill here and there, but mainly rhythm to help fill out Keith's missing parts - as for now Chuck L. is filling Keith's parts on keyboard which is kind of lame.
Or move Ronnie to bass - once a bass player always a bass player, and he certainly knows his way around the bass.

Mick Taylor is not all about extended solos - yes he's a master at that, but he's an all around great guitar player including rhythm. Having seen him play with the Bluesbreakers reunion in '82, along with a couple of solo shows throughout the years, and most recently six shows when they brought him back a few years ago, I can attest to this fact. He is the missing link that has been missing for many years in the Stones world IMO, and while the Stones are fun without him, they just aren't quite up to snuff - especially in these latter years. Seeing him play Sway, CYHMK, AND Midnight Rambler at the second Staples show in 2013 ranks up there with the very best Stones shows I've ever seen - actually it's probably the #1 Stones show I've seen as far as musicianship is concerned.[/quote

Mick Taylor rejoining the band would not detract from the music. I am remembering the 69, 73, and 73 tours. His contributions made the Rolling Stones absolutely incredible. His appearances on 50 and counting were the highlight of most shows. But I doubt very much if he wants to deal the Stones ever again but it sure would be sweet music again if they got together at this very late date.

Re: Mick Taylor Talk - what's on your mind right now...
Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: June 15, 2017 21:15

Quote
PhillyFAN
Quote
Hairball
Quote
RollingFreak
Quote
Hairball
Quote
RollingFreak
Quote
mrpaulincanada
Awesome playing....Little Mick still has it. I wish there were a couple of Englishmen who could see that too...

Honestly, as much as I love him, that wouldn't fit at all with current day Stones. And its not always that inspired. There's a time and place for Mick, but most current day shows wouldn't benefit from him IMO.

Ridiculous.

He would raise the bar back up where it belongs.

They don't play those types of solos anymore. He's best, at least nowadays, when you give him an extended time to solo. Otherwise he's not really adding much to a song or he's just sort of noodling around in the background. Its just not the show the Stones put on or have for the last 20 years. They have a set, its rather tight, and I would love to see Mick Taylor (its the ONLY reason I went on the 50th tour) but he'd bore most of the audience I think. Ronnie has that energy and those quick fills that, I think, gel best with what the band has become today.

Keep Ronnie - he can play an occasional lead and a quick fill here and there, but mainly rhythm to help fill out Keith's missing parts - as for now Chuck L. is filling Keith's parts on keyboard which is kind of lame.
Or move Ronnie to bass - once a bass player always a bass player, and he certainly knows his way around the bass.

Mick Taylor is not all about extended solos - yes he's a master at that, but he's an all around great guitar player including rhythm. Having seen him play with the Bluesbreakers reunion in '82, along with a couple of solo shows throughout the years, and most recently six shows when they brought him back a few years ago, I can attest to this fact. He is the missing link that has been missing for many years in the Stones world IMO, and while the Stones are fun without him, they just aren't quite up to snuff - especially in these latter years. Seeing him play Sway, CYHMK, AND Midnight Rambler at the second Staples show in 2013 ranks up there with the very best Stones shows I've ever seen - actually it's probably the #1 Stones show I've seen as far as musicianship is concerned.[/quote

Quote
PhillyFAN
Mick Taylor rejoining the band would not detract from the music. I am remembering the 69, 73, and 73 tours. His contributions made the Rolling Stones absolutely incredible. His appearances on 50 and counting were the highlight of most shows. But I doubt very much if he wants to deal the Stones ever again but it sure would be sweet music again if they got together at this very late date.

Tried to fix your quote Phillyfan - something has run amok.
And what you say is absolutely 100% correct!!!

.
.
_____________________________________________________________
Nothing to do, nowhere to go...you're talkin' to people that you don't know....

Re: Mick Taylor Talk - what's on your mind right now...
Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: June 15, 2017 22:09

Quote
Hairball
Quote
RollingFreak
I want him back as much as you, but his soloing on Sway probably impressed 5% at most of the audience in LA. To the other 95%, it wouldn't have mattered to them if it was Ronnie playing it. They wouldn't have noticed a difference.

Again ridiculous and false - no offense.

Lol I mean I don't even have a response. Its neither but ok. Just chalk it up to another thing we simply disagree on grinning smiley . I'm as baffled by your comment as you are of mine. The Eagles prove, even though its been clear for decades, that today's audiences don't care who's in a band! They care about a name, they care about the hits, they care about a good nostalgic time. Thats why Stones fans get annoyed with the Stones, Springsteen fans get annoyed with Springsteen, Tom Petty fans get annoyed with Tom Petty. Because they cater to the 90% and not the 10% of hardcores. But hey, it sells so I don't judge them for not changing. Its on the stupid concert public that has gotten stupider with each passing day.

Just my two cents though. I'm not as angry as I seem.

Re: Mick Taylor Talk - what's on your mind right now...
Date: June 15, 2017 23:13

Quote
RollingFreak
...... but his soloing on Sway probably impressed 5% at most of the audience in LA. To the other 95%, it wouldn't have mattered to them if it was Ronnie playing it. They wouldn't have noticed a difference.

Very sad news.

Re: Mick Taylor Talk - what's on your mind right now...
Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: June 15, 2017 23:56

Quote
TheflyingDutchman
Quote
RollingFreak
...... but his soloing on Sway probably impressed 5% at most of the audience in LA. To the other 95%, it wouldn't have mattered to them if it was Ronnie playing it. They wouldn't have noticed a difference.

Very sad news.
As long as SmartPhones were (are) allowed and pictures can be taken there is no difference what so ever - music or no music..... smileys with beer

Re: Mick Taylor Talk - what's on your mind right now...
Date: June 16, 2017 00:01

Quote
mtaylor
Quote
TheflyingDutchman
Quote
RollingFreak
...... but his soloing on Sway probably impressed 5% at most of the audience in LA. To the other 95%, it wouldn't have mattered to them if it was Ronnie playing it. They wouldn't have noticed a difference.

Very sad news.
As long as SmartPhones were (are) allowed and pictures can be taken there is no difference what so ever - music or no music..... smileys with beer

Even more sad news. winking smiley

Re: Mick Taylor Talk - what's on your mind right now...
Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: June 16, 2017 01:37

Quote
RollingFreak
Quote
Hairball
Quote
RollingFreak
I want him back as much as you, but his soloing on Sway probably impressed 5% at most of the audience in LA. To the other 95%, it wouldn't have mattered to them if it was Ronnie playing it. They wouldn't have noticed a difference.

Again ridiculous and false - no offense.

Lol I mean I don't even have a response. Its neither but ok. Just chalk it up to another thing we simply disagree on grinning smiley . I'm as baffled by your comment as you are of mine. The Eagles prove, even though its been clear for decades, that today's audiences don't care who's in a band! They care about a name, they care about the hits, they care about a good nostalgic time. Thats why Stones fans get annoyed with the Stones, Springsteen fans get annoyed with Springsteen, Tom Petty fans get annoyed with Tom Petty. Because they cater to the 90% and not the 10% of hardcores. But hey, it sells so I don't judge them for not changing. Its on the stupid concert public that has gotten stupider with each passing day.

Just my two cents though. I'm not as angry as I seem.

No you don't sound angry, just a bit misguided. winking smiley

Again, the tickets were selling poorly at the recent Las Vegas shows (and Desert Trip). Yes they were overpriced, but also many people were either bored and/or weren't willing to see the same old Stones show again.

Having some "Fresh blood" ala Mick Taylor back with the Stones is what the Stones world needs (casual fan or not), and dropping prices back to normal might also be of help.

.
.
_____________________________________________________________
Nothing to do, nowhere to go...you're talkin' to people that you don't know....

Re: Mick Taylor Talk - what's on your mind right now...
Posted by: PhillyFAN ()
Date: June 16, 2017 02:54

I have been fortunate enough to see Philly 1969 and 1972 versions of The Rolling Stones. Most fans have not had that ecperience. The music was simply unbelievable. I would venture to say no other band could compare. Simply put they were just that good. Even Mick Jagger

Re: Mick Taylor Talk - what's on your mind right now...
Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: June 16, 2017 03:01

i hear ya Philly; not '69 to my endless regret but twice '72...super hot last night msg; hard to convey what it's like indoors when the amps from stage clearly audible along w the PA; and every note Bill hits is vibrating your shirt; thwackeroonie charles is going for it; they all are. from first countoff to last exhausted sticky fluttering hand-wave and back into the darkness....i'm not nostalgic per se; I don't hope for the past or anything...but those Taylor albums and tours are off the hook; sublime angelic soaring crushing ripping bubbling; it was just the right combination of players and material at the right time in all their lives. i mean it's not a contest or debate for me; it's like friends or lovers or what works for someone; moves them, inspires them; some things just got everything man and that had it.



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-06-16 03:39 by hopkins.

Re: Mick Taylor Talk - what's on your mind right now...
Posted by: PhillyFAN ()
Date: June 16, 2017 03:02

I have been fortunate enough to see Philly 1969 and 1972 versions of The Rolling Stones. Most fans have not had that ecperience. The music was simply unbelievable. I would venture to say no other band could compare. Simply put they were just that good. Even Mick Jagger has said it is the best vetdion of yhe band. Most fans are not as old as some of uz and only know the Ron Wood version of the band.I still like to imagine 3 Stone guitarists one one ztage and ripping it up as their finale. Hell of way to go out.Music on fire again.

Re: Mick Taylor Talk - what's on your mind right now...
Date: June 16, 2017 09:38

Quote
Hairball
Quote
RollingFreak
Quote
Hairball
Quote
RollingFreak
I want him back as much as you, but his soloing on Sway probably impressed 5% at most of the audience in LA. To the other 95%, it wouldn't have mattered to them if it was Ronnie playing it. They wouldn't have noticed a difference.

Again ridiculous and false - no offense.

Lol I mean I don't even have a response. Its neither but ok. Just chalk it up to another thing we simply disagree on grinning smiley . I'm as baffled by your comment as you are of mine. The Eagles prove, even though its been clear for decades, that today's audiences don't care who's in a band! They care about a name, they care about the hits, they care about a good nostalgic time. Thats why Stones fans get annoyed with the Stones, Springsteen fans get annoyed with Springsteen, Tom Petty fans get annoyed with Tom Petty. Because they cater to the 90% and not the 10% of hardcores. But hey, it sells so I don't judge them for not changing. Its on the stupid concert public that has gotten stupider with each passing day.

Just my two cents though. I'm not as angry as I seem.

No you don't sound angry, just a bit misguided. winking smiley

Again, the tickets were selling poorly at the recent Las Vegas shows (and Desert Trip). Yes they were overpriced, but also many people were either bored and/or weren't willing to see the same old Stones show again.

Having some "Fresh blood" ala Mick Taylor back with the Stones is what the Stones world needs (casual fan or not), and dropping prices back to normal might also be of help.

How do you know that? I haven't seen any indications of many people being bored, and never have I heard that specified from the masses as a reason for not going to a Stones-show.

Didn't the cancellation have anything to do with the ONE Vegas show that sold poorly?

Re: Mick Taylor Talk - what's on your mind right now...
Date: June 16, 2017 09:41

Quote
PhillyFAN
I have been fortunate enough to see Philly 1969 and 1972 versions of The Rolling Stones. Most fans have not had that ecperience. The music was simply unbelievable. I would venture to say no other band could compare. Simply put they were just that good. Even Mick Jagger has said it is the best vetdion of yhe band. Most fans are not as old as some of uz and only know the Ron Wood version of the band.I still like to imagine 3 Stone guitarists one one ztage and ripping it up as their finale. Hell of way to go out.Music on fire again.

I don't think younger Stones only know the Ron Wood-version at all. I'm pretty sure the Brian era is the one they know best, though, as most of the material they play comes from that era.

People have the internet, remember smiling smiley

Re: Mick Taylor Talk - what's on your mind right now...
Date: June 16, 2017 10:22

Quote
PhillyFAN

I don't think younger Stones only know the Ron Wood-version at all. I'm pretty sure the Brian era is the one they know best, though, as most of the material they play comes from that era.

People have the internet, remember smiling smiley

Most of material played is from the Taylor/Wood era.

Jones Era
Jumping Jack Flash
Paint It Black
Sympathy For The Devil
Midnight Rambler
You Got The Silver (Keith)
Satisfaction


Taylor Era
All Down The Line (by request)
Tumbling Dice
Angie
Brown Sugar
Honky Tonk Women

Wood Era
Out Of Control
It's Only Rock'n Roll
Miss You
Before They Make Me Run (Keith)
Start Me Up


In between Jones/Taylor
Gimme Shelter
You Can't Always Get What You Want (with choir)



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-06-16 10:23 by PaintMonkeyManBlack.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...200201202203204205206207208209210Next
Current Page: 206 of 210


Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 270
Record Number of Users: 161 on September 12, 2017 22:55
Record Number of Guests: 3948 on December 7, 2015 15:07

Previous page Next page First page IORR home