Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...199200201202203204205206207208209...LastNext
Current Page: 204 of 308
Re: Mick Taylor Talk - what's on your mind right now...
Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: February 27, 2017 23:07

Rockman
Mick Taylor ---- The Van Gogh of rock ..................

interesting...

but Mick Taylor had lots of success..

Vincent, not so much.

both brilliant and both certainly made a big impact..

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: February 27, 2017 23:45

duke richardson
Rockman
Mick Taylor ---- The Van Gogh of rock ..................

interesting...

but Mick Taylor had lots of success..

Vincent, not so much.

both brilliant and both certainly made a big impact..

And Mick Taylor never cut off his ear or committed suicide...hopefully never will!

Posted by: S.T.P ()
Date: February 28, 2017 20:14

Maybe some day his name will be in light...

Mick Taylor "Jazzy Jam"
Date: March 20, 2017 23:05

Featuring Mick Taylor and Max Middleton playing Tusks, an outstandng shuffle -rock version.

[myspace.com]

Re: Mick Taylor "Jazzy Jam"
Posted by: Captainchaos ()
Date: March 21, 2017 15:15

great! wondered if it would be him or not but as soon as he starts playing 'you just know'..

nice website find, more Taylor!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: mickjerome ()
Date: March 21, 2017 16:54

Thanks!Merci. I thought MySpace was down.

Posted by: soulsurvivor1 ()
Date: March 21, 2017 22:10

Sounds great..How about the whole show

Thanks,
SOUL

Mick Taylor - Last 70s Tour w/The Stones
Date: March 21, 2017 22:20

Evenin all on iorr

I'm abit unfamiliar but is there a High Quality boot of Mick Taylor's vlast 1970s gig with the stones?

Could anyone give me a pointer to what are the 3 best audio quality boots of The last tour (leg) too.

Thanks for your help smiling smiley

Re: Mick Taylor - Last 70s Tour w/The Stones
Date: March 21, 2017 22:27

Not as a far as I know.

Still I can live with this one, thanks to Kleermaker.

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: March 21, 2017 23:47

Funny, I just noticed the songs only spans the last 5 years out of the 10 years of their existence...............

Date: March 22, 2017 00:13

NICOS
Funny, I just noticed the songs only spans the last 5 years out of the 10 years of their existence...............

Could it be that it were the 5 Taylor years, since our friend kleermaker did the initial upload?

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: March 22, 2017 01:42

TheflyingDutchman
NICOS

Could it be that it were the 5 Taylor years, since our friend kleermaker did the initial upload?

They were also their biggest years, and their setlist in those days was basically their last 5 years. Look at Brussels or Ladies And Gentlemen. They ditched those pre-69 days for the most part for a good while. Which makes sense. They were giving you an hour and a half high energy rock show with very little room for breaks or slowness or weirdness, which is what that 60s stuff mostly was. Poppier and not as rocky.

Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: March 22, 2017 16:11

RollingFreak
TheflyingDutchman
NICOS

They were also their biggest years, and their setlist in those days was basically their last 5 years. Look at Brussels or Ladies And Gentlemen. They ditched those pre-69 days for the most part for a good while. Which makes sense. They were giving you an hour and a half high energy rock show with very little room for breaks or slowness or weirdness, which is what that 60s stuff mostly was. Poppier and not as rocky.

"Not as rocky" in the 60s? I think they pretty much buried down the house in 1964-67. Try Paris 67, one of the few listenable recordings - much more aggressive than 1969-81.

Posted by: CaptainCorella ()
Date: March 22, 2017 22:58

Captainchaos
Evenin all on iorr

I'm a bit unfamiliar but is there a High Quality boot of Mick Taylor's vlast 1970s gig with the stones?

At the time, although I worked in the south of England, my brother was an airline pilot working out of Berlin, so I had a free (yes, really!) way to get to Berlin.

So, I went over for this show and got pretty near the front and collected some of the end of show confetti.

Don't really remember that much about the show, other than the fact that Taylor played with Billy Preston wearing a huge afro wig.

To me the weekend was memorable for two other things..

This [en.wikipedia.org] was the first - it was early in Watergate, and what happened that weekend was pretty sensational.

Berlin was still the surreal divided city of the Cold War, and we visited the Glienicke Bridge (bridge of spies), and we did indeed chance upon really (really) strange event with the sudden (co-ordinated) arrival of US Forces, and Soviet forces, and the fast passing of a blacked out car across the bridge from the East to the West.

[en.wikipedia.org]

Date: March 23, 2017 01:02

CaptainCorella
Captainchaos
Evenin all on iorr

I'm a bit unfamiliar but is there a High Quality boot of Mick Taylor's vlast 1970s gig with the stones?

At the time, although I worked in the south of England, my brother was an airline pilot working out of Berlin, so I had a free (yes, really!) way to get to Berlin.

So, I went over for this show and got pretty near the front and collected some of the end of show confetti.

Don't really remember that much about the show, other than the fact that Taylor played with Billy Preston wearing a huge afro wig.

To me the weekend was memorable for two other things..

This [en.wikipedia.org] was the first - it was early in Watergate, and what happened that weekend was pretty sensational.

Berlin was still the surreal divided city of the Cold War, and we visited the Glienicke Bridge (bridge of spies), and we did indeed chance upon really (really) strange event with the sudden (co-ordinated) arrival of US Forces, and Soviet forces, and the fast passing of a blacked out car across the bridge from the East to the West.

[en.wikipedia.org]

wow, bet youve got some tails to tell!

Date: March 23, 2017 01:02

Thanks everyone for getting back to me by the way!

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: April 26, 2017 03:37

Saw this interview:

[teamrock.com]

and Charlie's comments about Mick Taylor. Nice.

While Charlie doesn’t mind talking about his summer in Exile he’d much rather wax lyrical about the drummers he admired in his youth (Phil Seaman, Earl Phillips), but if he absolutely has to talk about the Stones, this is the period – and indeed line-up – that he remembers with the greatest fondness.

“I don’t think Keith is as enamoured of Mick Taylor as I was. It was like having Carlos Santana in the band. For me it was wonderful. Mick would go off, and you’d go off with him. It was like the jazz thing, really. He gave terrific beauty to the tracks he played on: Loving Cup was a good one. For me, that’s always been our best and most productive period: that Exile era.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-04-26 03:37 by mtaylor.

Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: April 26, 2017 07:02

Just another Taylorite I guess. Well honestly Charlie, how dare you...

Date: April 26, 2017 08:17

Loving Cup? Why not choose a track he played on? Morbid Charlie humour..

Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: April 26, 2017 10:21

haha could very well be his humor. tho the original version or 'alternate' version from '69 that was full of real grand slow sleaze and lottsa guitars including MT in a real low down groove...ostensibly could have been part of his memory about recording that track...tho i think it more likely not; but wo knows for sho....
that alternate...whoa...almost a little outta control there...almost as if there was a drink or two or something being, or everything, being cosumed at that session....
...and Charlie's playing really expressively on that track too. More likely it's his humor as you speculate though, or maybe it was a seperate thought from his comments about Taylor when he said he liked it; not sure.
i do prefer the version they released on studio in many ways though; Nicky's majesty and the horn arrangement; everything really; i really love it, tho i can't really hear guitars particularly...i'm sure they are there somewhere, Keith's anyway; however that went down. was a good op for me to listen again to the old 'alternate' or original take at much slower tempo with a whole lot of guitars leading the way...they totally went with the right version on the original exile release though, imo...

Date: April 26, 2017 10:25

The older version actually consists of two takes, spliced together. Taylor is indeed on those.

It's an ace track anyway. Love all versions, even Vancouver 1972 and the one with Jack White in SAL smiling smiley

Posted by: TravelinMan ()
Date: April 26, 2017 17:42

I'm assuming Watts is talking about the alternate version (or even non-public, unreleased versions of the song his band recorded), rather than making some obscure joke.

Date: April 26, 2017 18:13

TravelinMan
I'm assuming Watts is talking about the alternate version (or even non-public, unreleased versions of the song his band recorded), rather than making some obscure joke.

He's not talking about outtakes. He picks LC as a favourite from that era.

He obviously forgot that Taylor isn't on it..

Posted by: TravelinMan ()
Date: April 26, 2017 18:57

DandelionPowderman
TravelinMan

He's not talking about outtakes. He picks LC as a favourite from that era.

He obviously forgot that Taylor isn't on it..

Well, I'm sure he's listened to the Exile outtakes. Besides, he said he liked how Taylor played on Loving Cup during that era. I'm sure he's heard Taylor play a lot more on that song than any of us considering he was in the band and they had rehearsals and various studio attempts.

The lick in the bridge is very much a lick Taylor would play, not saying Richards didn't play it, but it is interesting Taylor exploited that lick in particular in Vancouver.

Is there any hardstanding evidence of who played acoustic? Not specifically mentioned in the liner notes.

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: April 26, 2017 19:17

Holy Moley! It looks like without these guys' support, MT's about ready to keel over. He looks more like Keith Moon the Loon in that photo.

Date: April 26, 2017 19:18

Keith licks sound heavily inspired by Clarence White on the outtake, imo.

I think Charlie said nice things about Taylor, but answered a different question when he said Loving Cup. Probably just lazy journalism.

Date: May 2, 2017 00:36

TravelinMan

Is there any hardstanding evidence of who played acoustic? (Loving Cup) Not specifically mentioned in the liner notes.

No, there isn't. The acoustic is played up the neck, Taylor's favourite range so to speak, and with very tasty subtle melodic changes. I think it could very well be played by Mick Taylor.

Date: May 2, 2017 10:36

TheflyingDutchman
TravelinMan

Is there any hardstanding evidence of who played acoustic? (Loving Cup) Not specifically mentioned in the liner notes.

No, there isn't. The acoustic is played up the neck, Taylor's favourite range so to speak, and with very tasty subtle melodic changes. I think it could very well be played by Mick Taylor.

He's mainly playing around with a D-chord with a capo. Did Taylor do that often?

It would have been hilarious, though, if what you're saying is correct and Taylor and Keith had switched the instruments they played on the album for the Montreux video, where Keith plays acoustic grinning smiley

Date: May 2, 2017 12:09

Watch the video for waiting on a friend. That's playback as well. Keith with a Capo.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-05-02 12:12 by TheflyingDutchman.

Date: May 2, 2017 12:12

TheflyingDutchman
Watch the video for waiting on a friend. That's playback as well.

Hardly comparable. If Bill and Keith had swapped instruments, it would have been, perhaps..

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2017-05-02 12:47 by DandelionPowderman.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...199200201202203204205206207208209...LastNext
Current Page: 204 of 308

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2033
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home