Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...129130131132133134135136137138139...LastNext
Current Page: 134 of 307
Re: Mick Taylor Talk - what's on your mind right now...
Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: June 21, 2015 23:44

I find 2 minutes of Mick Taylor talking more informative than 133 pages (although they are entertaining):

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: June 21, 2015 23:59

Stoneburst
Naturalust, I think you're wasting your time trying to engage Dreamer in a serious conversation here.

Me too. Dreamer makes me think of screamer every time I read a post of him.

Posted by: Stoneburst ()
Date: June 22, 2015 00:03

Naturalust
Perhaps burst, but he has been kind, generally addressed his point to the topic at hand instead of the poster (except concerning the one poster in MT's camp), seems serious about his engagements and curious enough to deserve a reply. He actually complements Taylor's playing and contributions, so it's not all bad. smoking smiley

Sometimes, in the search for the truth, it magically appears in such discussions. Truth being self evident in many cases. I think lots of us are on that search, that's probably why I am so willing to engage him. That being said I'm not sure we've actually found any here. Ha!

peace

As always, I admire your generosity and good intentions: you're a better man than I (or a more patient one, anyway). But I can't agree on this. The things he's said about Kleermaker and others have been absolutely horrible - far beyond 'stirring the pot' - and his posts are totally incoherent. He lambasts others for speculating whilst himself providing no facts and a whole lot of ad hominem invective. If people on this board tend to give Chacal the benefit of the doubt on this MT business, that is the reason why, in my view.

Posted by: roller99 ()
Date: June 22, 2015 16:55

HearMeKnockin
Naturalust
Hell, he could be jamming every night with Jimmy Page for all you know. grinning smiley

peace

The new supergroup of Mick Taylor, Jimmy Page, Bill Wyman, and Ringo Starr has just become a thing in my mind... and Page could help MT sue the Stones for royalties since he has a lot of experience in the courts.

Unfortunately, Jimmy Page's experience is all as a defendant and not as a plaintiff (he's always the one being sued).

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: June 22, 2015 17:02

roller99
HearMeKnockin
Naturalust
Hell, he could be jamming every night with Jimmy Page for all you know. grinning smiley

peace

The new supergroup of Mick Taylor, Jimmy Page, Bill Wyman, and Ringo Starr has just become a thing in my mind... and Page could help MT sue the Stones for royalties since he has a lot of experience in the courts.

Unfortunately, Jimmy Page's experience is all as a defendant and not as a plaintiff (he's always the one being sued).
Gregg Allman could sing.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: June 22, 2015 17:17

DoomandGloom
roller99
HearMeKnockin
Naturalust

peace

Gregg Allman could sing.

Yeah I wouldn't necessarily use Page as my legal council, I don't think his track record is that good either.

Gregg Allman, still can sing (and play) actually, he's not his 1970 self but who is? Another one who probably won't be with us for much longer, hope he stays healthy, happy and continues to share his gift with us.

Date: June 22, 2015 17:18

Naturalust
DoomandGloom
roller99
HearMeKnockin
Naturalust

peace

Gregg Allman could sing.

Yeah I wouldn't necessarily use Page as my legal council, I don't think his track record is that good either.

Gregg Allman, still can sing (and play) actually, he's not his 1970 self but who is? Another one who probably won't be with us for much longer, hope he stays healthy, happy and continues to share his gift with us.

Well, he's on a winning streak now, isn't he? winking smiley

Welcome back, NL thumbs up

Posted by: HearMeKnockin ()
Date: June 23, 2015 00:29

DandelionPowderman
Naturalust
DoomandGloom
roller99
HearMeKnockin
Naturalust

peace

Gregg Allman could sing.

Well, he's on a winning streak now, isn't he? winking smiley

Welcome back, NL thumbs up

Well, I couldn't tell ya, because I don't know where the Spirit v. Zeppelin lawsuit is...

Date: June 23, 2015 21:33

It appears I killed this thread by an LZ-related question on the Taylor thread, so I apologize for being OT and will attempt to get this thread back on track to make amends for my wrongs...

Anyone know if MT is going to do any solo touring (with or without Jimmy Pagespinning smiley sticking its tongue out)? Is he recording a new album? Is he alive?

Date: June 23, 2015 23:22

I heard he had lots of offers. Let's hope he'll find a fruitful project.

Date: June 23, 2015 23:38

DandelionPowderman
I heard he had lots of offers. Let's hope he'll find a fruitful project.

Hearsay from 'insiders' I guess. smiling smiley

Date: June 23, 2015 23:40

smiling smiley

Posted by: Stoneburst ()
Date: June 23, 2015 23:55

All arguments over the minutiae of Taylor's career, his contribution to the Rolling Stones and what was actually going on with him on the past couple of tours aside, I think we all (more or less) just want to see him doing something that he finds fulfilling, something artistically valid, and most of all the chance to see him on stage happy, relaxed and playing great guitar. Basically, I hope he can make peace with his past, whatever that ultimately involves.

Date: June 24, 2015 00:08

Stoneburst
All arguments over the minutiae of Taylor's career, his contribution to the Rolling Stones and what was actually going on with him on the past couple of tours aside, I think we all (more or less) just want to see him doing something that he finds fulfilling, something artistically valid, and most of all the chance to see him on stage happy, relaxed and playing great guitar. Basically, I hope he can make peace with his past, whatever that ultimately involves.

+1

Posted by: Poetry ()
Date: June 24, 2015 00:31

I have not post in this thread yet, but read ,most of it,, and this is one opinion I 100% agree with.

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: June 24, 2015 22:52

I think the interview with Bill shed som e light on why he left.

Date: June 24, 2015 23:38

Redhotcarpet

Yeah, not getting co-credits on Sway, Moonlight Mile, Winter, Till the Next Goodbye, TWFNO and who-knows-what else may be a motivating factor in leaving a band...

Date: June 25, 2015 00:27

Why are you naming songs Taylor himself said Jagger wrote and had down?

Posted by: Testify ()
Date: June 25, 2015 00:48

A Taylor may not have been recognized credits of songs and Taylor gave much the Stones, but the Stones have given so much to Taylor, if Taylor is now known throughout the world thanks you Rolling Stones. Unfortunately I think he has failed to make the most, but the fault is his. Legally you have to know the cards, otherwise we talk about nothing.

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: June 25, 2015 05:46

Testify
A Taylor may not have been recognized credits of songs and Taylor gave much the Stones, but the Stones have given so much to Taylor, if Taylor is now known throughout the world thanks you Rolling Stones. Unfortunately I think he has failed to make the most, but the fault is his. Legally you have to know the cards, otherwise we talk about nothing.
agree, this story has always had 2 sides.. A youngster given a slot in the world's top band, leaving has a cost, but The Glimmers could be more forgiving.

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: June 25, 2015 07:35

HearMeKnockin
Redhotcarpet

Yeah, not getting co-credits on Sway, Moonlight Mile, Winter, Till the Next Goodbye, TWFNO and who-knows-what else may be a motivating factor in leaving a band...

You don't know what you're talking about.

Posted by: TravelinMan ()
Date: June 25, 2015 16:57

Winter? Yeah I've never heard Taylor say he should have a credit for that. The other four we really don't know how much of a hand he had in them and he has mentioned he thought he would get credit, especially on IORR. I think the guy had been around the biz long enough (and got writing credits on other projects) to know when a credit was deserved.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: June 25, 2015 17:26

TravelinMan
Winter? Yeah I've never heard Taylor say he should have a credit for that. The other four we really don't know how much of a hand he had in them and he has mentioned he thought he would get credit, especially on IORR. I think the guy had been around the biz long enough (and got writing credits on other projects) to know when a credit was deserved.

It is strange that they gave him credit on Ventilator Blues when he is quoted as saying he basically had nothing to do with the writing. Throwing him a bone perhaps. I tend to think Taylor made some significant contributions on many songs during that period but probably didn't outright compose a single one. The ones he quote that he might have been given some credit seem to be the ones he was working with Mick when Keith wasn't around. He probably thought "well I'm doing as much as Keith does when he works on Mick's songs so I should get credit too".

There seem to be lots of songs where Keith (or Mick) had little to do with where the other is credited as a full writing partner. That arrangement was pretty well set in stone and as Bill states, no one was going to get inside that monopoly.

Anyway it would be interesting to hear some of the ideas Taylor brought to the table during his tenure that were rejected. Who knows how developed his ideas were? With a guy like Jagger around I imagine it would have been pretty easy to get lazy with the lyrics and assume a good chord progression was all he really needed to write.

Posted by: OpenG ()
Date: June 25, 2015 19:13

Do you think MT had any contribution on the INTRO on ANGIE. I have always thought that E7 chord position at the 3 fret was something Keith may not have done at first and also the licks on the e and b strings at 5 and 3 frets.

play the guitar boy

Date: June 25, 2015 19:53

I think the G/C combination in the intro is even less Keith-esque. He never did it again.

Then again, he did Let It Loose and ridiculously fast spanish guitar runs on WOAF and RAAHP live, so that cat is full of surprises smiling smiley

Date: June 25, 2015 20:01

DandelionPowderman
I think the G/C combination in the intro is even less Keith-esque. He never did it again.

Then again, he did Let It Loose and ridiculously fast spanish guitar runs on WOAF and RAAHP live, so that cat is full of surprises smiling smiley

Keith never could play fast. Wrong hands/fingers for that.

Date: June 25, 2015 20:07

Are you gonna insist on that? Because you will look a bit foolish if you do smiling smiley

Date: June 25, 2015 20:12

DandelionPowderman
Are you gonna insist on that? Because you will look a bit foolish if you do smiling smiley

It's obvious, not foolish. Or did you never hear him play lead guitar?

Date: June 25, 2015 20:17

You, obviously, are not familiar with all of his work.

Posted by: OpenG ()
Date: June 25, 2015 20:29

DP I agree so you think that E7 chord at the 3 fret could of been MT influence or Keith picked it up in studio Taylor played and used 7 chords and I believe he showed Jagger 7th chords on time waits for no one

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...129130131132133134135136137138139...LastNext
Current Page: 134 of 307

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1805
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home