Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...111112113114115116117118119120121...LastNext
Current Page: 116 of 307
Re: Mick Taylor Talk - what's on your mind right now...
Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: June 6, 2015 00:07

The actual Taylor quotes that got me thinking were these: (probably a repeat from somewhere back in these 115 pages)

He tells Mojo magazine, "I was actually in rehab, to be honest, for 35 days, and I kind of got shanghai'd (forced) out of there onto the stage."

Asked if the course of treatment had been a "stipulation" from the band, Taylor replies, "I would've done it anyway. I didn't wanna go on stage, unless I was feeling strong and proud. Which I did.

"I'd never done rehab properly in my life. It's a life-changing experience... But it can only really help you when you are ready to help yourself... I can only say that playing with them for 11 minutes each night completely re-energised me as a human being and as a performer. I loved it. The first show at (London's) O2 (Arena) I made a few mistakes, but the next two shows in Newark (New Jersey) were special. Me and Keith bonded incredibly well."

All I can say is we loved you too Mr. Taylor. Still do.

I find Taylor's brutal honesty quite refreshing...a far cry from the stuff we get from Mick and Keith these days really.

peace

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: June 6, 2015 02:01

Naturalust
The actual Taylor quotes that got me thinking were these: (probably a repeat from somewhere back in these 115 pages)

He tells Mojo magazine, "I was actually in rehab, to be honest, for 35 days, and I kind of got shanghai'd (forced) out of there onto the stage."

Asked if the course of treatment had been a "stipulation" from the band, Taylor replies, "I would've done it anyway. I didn't wanna go on stage, unless I was feeling strong and proud. Which I did.

"I'd never done rehab properly in my life. It's a life-changing experience... But it can only really help you when you are ready to help yourself... I can only say that playing with them for 11 minutes each night completely re-energised me as a human being and as a performer. I loved it. The first show at (London's) O2 (Arena) I made a few mistakes, but the next two shows in Newark (New Jersey) were special. Me and Keith bonded incredibly well."

All I can say is we loved you too Mr. Taylor. Still do.

I find Taylor's brutal honesty quite refreshing...a far cry from the stuff we get from Mick and Keith these days really.

peace

True dat.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-06 08:59 by 71Tele.

Posted by: Getondown ()
Date: June 6, 2015 03:23

Naturalust
Stoneburst
Turner68
Stoneburst
Just read the RS article. Another immature, uncalled-for dick move from Richards - first that bullshit about Taylor being sick, now this. How the mighty fall. I think it's a shame that Rolling Stone's writers appear not to read their own magazine's output, since a follow up question on what Keith actually knew at the time of his last interview would have been reasonable there.

I don't know how you can say that without knowing what transpired. There are many scenarios where Keith could be protecting taylor by not saying what the real deal is.

How exactly does spreading false rumours about MT's health amount to protecting him?

I actually believe Keith was telling the truth. Not necessarily about Taylor's health but just about what he had heard. It is just a bit too strange to think otherwise.

Absolutely no disrespect to Taylor or inside knowledge about the truth of the matter but I always though that yanking guy out of his first rehab after 40+ years of insobriety straight onto the the Stones stage (as Taylor himself stated) and then dropping him off back in the real world at a different location was a recipe for trouble.

I imagine even the smallest perception that he wasn't completely sober after the tour would have been enough for Mick and Co. to pull the plug considering Ronnie's situation. If there even was a plug to pull and as ironic as that may seem for the Rolling Stones.

Listening to the late Andy Johns talk about all the uncomfortable feelings that flood back all at once from all the years of supressing them with drugs and alcohol, I have nothing but love and empathy for Taylor as he's probably not immune to that whole process

I am only saying all this because of what Taylor himself stated in an interview about his rehab/recovery process which got me thinking about his situation.

peace

YOU REALLY SHOULDN'T ENGAGE IN THIS RANK SPECULATION> GEEZ

Date: June 6, 2015 03:54

Getondown

Probably not but without any real information almost everything in these 115 pages about the subject is going to be speculative. Not much different that you speculating about how Taylor can or can't coddle or lionize Keith or how Keith can't control Brenda.

I was just trying to equate what we heard from Keith (and Taylor) with the unfortunate reality of him not playing on this tour. Sorry if it was offensive in any way.

peace

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: June 6, 2015 15:16

Naturalust
Getondown

Probably not but without any real information almost everything in these 115 pages about the subject is going to be speculative. Not much different that you speculating about how Taylor can or can't coddle or lionize Keith or how Keith can't control Brenda.

I was just trying to equate what we heard from Keith (and Taylor) with the unfortunate reality of him not playing on this tour. Sorry if it was offensive in any way.

peace

I don't think it was offensive, but I agree with Getondown on this one.

It's true that we've speculated quite a bit, but some speculations are different than others. Speculating about MT's health situation based on his quotes about his rehab doesn't seem apt to me.

His representatives have said that he's not sick, he has said himself that he would have loved to being invited. I think we should take that as the truth now, since there's no reason not to and not accepting it as the truth means we actually say that Taylor is lying.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: June 6, 2015 17:53

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: June 6, 2015 18:24

kleermaker
Naturalust
Getondown

peace

I don't think it was offensive, but I agree with Getondown on this one.

It's true that we've speculated quite a bit, but some speculations are different than others. Speculating about MT's health situation based on his quotes about his rehab doesn't seem apt to me.

His representatives have said that he's not sick, he has said himself that he would have loved to being invited. I think we should take that as the truth now, since there's no reason not to and not accepting it as the truth means we actually say that Taylor is lying.

interesting that people don't have the same feeling about what keith says and at the drop of the hat accuse him of malicious lying.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-06 19:01 by Turner68.

Date: June 6, 2015 18:44

kleermaker

he has said himself that he would have loved to being invited.

Have we actually heard from him since the last tour ended concerning the Stones other than the short sentence on that FB page and the brief interview with Mojo magazine?

peace

Posted by: LuxuryStones ()
Date: June 6, 2015 20:32

kleermaker

Who are his representatives Kleer, can you tell me that? It's plural, you know.

Date: June 6, 2015 20:40

LuxuryStones
kleermaker

i do find it very disturbing that because an anonymous person on Facebook posts that mick taylor is not sick and was not invited suddenly some people start accusing keith of spreading lies about mick taylor's health. keith richards is by far the closest person to mick taylor who has gone on the record as to why he isn't on the tour. is anyone else willing to go on the record?

i could start a Facebook page called "mick taylor", or a twitter feed, etc., and as the owner of the page announce that Mick Taylor had decided to become a buddhist monk in peru and that's why he isn't on the tour. that wouldn't make it true. i could republish some hard to find but public photos of him so everyone would believe i had an inside track - or maybe even some photos i have taken of mick taylor that have never been public before. again, that wouldn't make it true.

we recently had a lesson on IORR about people not being who they say they are with onlystones - i would say, don't believe everything you read online. or perhaps more precisely, just because you read what you want to hear (that the stones are nasty and jealous and taylor is a saint) on line, that doesn't make it true.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-06 20:42 by Turner68.

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: June 6, 2015 20:57

LuxuryStones
kleermaker

They wish to remain anonymous.

Date: June 6, 2015 21:02

kleermaker
LuxuryStones
kleermaker

They wish to remain anonymous.

LOL. I'm sorry Kleer, I really enjoy your posts about music, but to say that we are accusing of Taylor of lying because we don't accept the word of anonymous sources on the Internet is just rubbish.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-06 21:03 by Turner68.

Posted by: HearMeKnockin ()
Date: June 6, 2015 21:08

LuxuryStones
kleermaker

I think Taylor's representatives are people on this website...

Date: June 6, 2015 21:47

Here on IORR a poster named Chacal, seems to be close to Taylor and has provided some information concerning his situation. We have to assume she is providing accurate info and really have no reason to assume otherwise.

I do however wish she would be a bit more proactive and provide more than just the typical defensive posts concerning MT, but I'm guessing that like everyone else she's just waiting for MT to say something himself. He obviously hasn't wanted to do that yet for whatever reason. I'm guessing he's just being a gentleman and doesn't want to say anything to distract attention from the current Stones tour.

btw Turner68 I notice onlystones's reincarnation, MJ78, has also been banned. Sounds like he tried to bypass the gatekeeper and sneak back on board after all. If so, he certainly wasn't too subtle about it, but subtlety wasn't exactly his strong suit. winking smiley

peace

Date: June 6, 2015 21:50

Naturalust
Here on IORR a poster named Chacal, seems to be close to Taylor and has provided some information concerning his situation. We have to assume she is providing accurate info and really have no reason to assume otherwise.

why do we have to assume an anonymous person on the internet is providing accurate information?

i have read what the person you mention has posted on here, and i think their posts would be a real discredit to mick taylor if they in any way speak for him or his feelings. i prefer to believe better about mick taylor and assume that this person is not actually connected with him in any way.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-06 21:52 by Turner68.

Posted by: Stoneburst ()
Date: June 6, 2015 21:59

Taylor's spokespeople both post on IORR. They're reasonably well known and several of us have spoken with them offline. The Facebook page is real, as was pretty much proven when they posted photos of MT and his cat biking around the Dutch countryside the other week.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: June 6, 2015 22:00

Turner68
why do we have to assume an anonymous person on the internet is providing accurate information?

Perhaps because she also provided those pictures with the cat. smoking smiley

Date: June 6, 2015 22:06

It's easy to find pictures of
Someone famous that don't come up on google image search
Again I prefer to believe better about mick Taylor

Date: June 6, 2015 22:08

Didn't we already talk about that? Facebook straight up tells you who uploaded the pics. What Naturalust said makes darn good sense anyway you look at it.

Date: June 6, 2015 22:11

Nikkei
Didn't we already talk about that? Facebook straight up tells you who uploaded the pics. What Naturalust said makes darn good sense anyway you look at it.

If it's true it's a very sad statement about Taylor. But I have to say you guys don't know anything about the Internet or how Facebook works.

Date: June 6, 2015 22:14

I'll gleefully admit to being FB illiterate. But it's easy to look at the note below the pics and then go from there. Try it!

Date: June 6, 2015 22:32

Nikkei
I'll gleefully admit to being FB illiterate. But it's easy to look at the note below the pics and then go from there. Try it!

please be careful when you use the Internet. You're an easy mark for scammers.

Date: June 6, 2015 22:35

Sure had my share of falling for penis enlargement scams as time passed... not on FB though. How bout You?

Date: June 6, 2015 22:39

Turner68
Naturalust

i have read what the person you mention has posted on here, and i think their posts would be a real discredit to mick taylor if they in any way speak for him or his feelings. i prefer to believe better about mick taylor and assume that this person is not actually connected with him in any way.

I think they are generally posting their own opinions and feelings about the situation and as such they are probably accurate. Obviously she is somewhat hurt and disappointed in the decision to to include Taylor and has every right to be so. She never really claimed to be speaking for Taylor, just obviously defending him, like most good friends might be expected to do. When she's speculating she generally uses words like 'may have" or "could have", and it's pretty obvious she's speaking from her own perspective.

When Mick Taylor chooses to speak for himself, even if through others, I think it will be pretty clear to everyone who is doing the talking.

peace

Date: June 6, 2015 23:01

Naturalust
Turner68
Naturalust

I think they are generally posting their own opinions and feelings about the situation and as such they are probably accurate. Obviously she is somewhat hurt and disappointed in the decision to to include Taylor and has every right to be so. She never really claimed to be speaking for Taylor, just obviously defending him, like most good friends might be expected to do. When she's speculating she generally uses words like 'may have" or "could have", and it's pretty obvious she's speaking from her own perspective.

When Mick Taylor chooses to speak for himself, even if through others, I think it will be pretty clear to everyone who is doing the talking.

peace

I just ask that people think about showing Keith Richards the same respect you show this anonymous person from the Internet. I don't know if you were one of the ones who called him a liar and accused him of spreading false rumors when he said he thought he heard Taylor was sick or not but if it's his word against a random poster called chacal I'm going with Keith. And yes I know about muddy waters painting the ceiling and all his tall tales.

Posted by: Stoneburst ()
Date: June 6, 2015 23:27

Turner68
Nikkei

If it's true it's a very sad statement about Taylor. But I have to say you guys don't know anything about the Internet or how Facebook works.

Turner, with all due respect, I think you might want to hang around IORR a little longer before you say stuff like that. Perhaps you're an old poster under a new name, but if not, you registered here two weeks ago. The story with Taylor's Facebook account is several months old now, and has been discussed here at great length. I wouldn't blame you for not going back and reading all that stuff, but please believe me when I assure you that we're not idiots. When people started reposting stuff from that account here it was (understandably) greeted with huge scepticism. Those behind it have posted here a few times to explain how and why it came about. Both are well known in the MT and Stones fan communities to be close to Taylor himself. The cat pictures were clearly meant as a way of authenticating the account for those still sceptical about it.

Date: June 6, 2015 23:31

Stoneburst
Turner68
Nikkei

Turner, with all due respect, I think you might want to hang around IORR a little longer before you say stuff like that. Perhaps you're an old poster under a new name, but if not, you registered here two weeks ago. The story with Taylor's Facebook account is several months old now, and has been discussed here at great length. I wouldn't blame you for not going back and reading all that stuff, but please believe me when I assure you that we're not idiots. When people started reposting stuff from that account here it was (understandably) greeted with huge scepticism. Those behind it have posted here a few times to explain how and why it came about. Both are well known in the MT and Stones fan communities to be close to Taylor himself. The cat pictures were clearly meant as a way of authenticating the account for those still sceptical about it.

you're right, i don't have the context. i do know that you can't tell where a photo *really* originated by clicking on a link on Facebook, and that was the claim i was responding to. i shouldn't have used the plural.

if what you say is true, i'm sad Taylor is doing this, and i hope he finds peace one day.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-06 23:32 by Turner68.

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: June 6, 2015 23:33

"I heard he was sick" and "He's a shadow" are vague at best, possibly intentionally so. But both are certainly not enthusiastic testimonials to the couple of years Mick Taylor spent with them. Keith could have just said, "It was a great couple of years and we truly enjoyed his segment but this time we're going back to the bare bones, just me and Ronnie. It's a whole different dynamic that we've worked out for many years. Mick Taylor is a very talented cat and can do anything he wants with his own gig." Or something to that effect other than "He's a sick shadow."

Date: June 6, 2015 23:42

Turner68
Naturalust
Turner68
Naturalust

peace

I just ask that people think about showing Keith Richards the same respect you show this anonymous person from the Internet. I don't know if you were one of the ones who called him a liar and accused him of spreading false rumors when he said he thought he heard Taylor was sick or not but if it's his word against a random poster called chacal I'm going with Keith. And yes I know about muddy waters painting the ceiling and all his tall tales.

No I assure you I'm not calling anyone a liar or intentionally disrespecting Keith or any poster here. And I still think Keith wasn't lying, just likely repeating what he had heard. I did find it rather distasteful that he would say something like that without obviously talking to Taylor on his own. You get the feeling none of the Stones did and that is what really feels wrong here, imo.

And you don't really have to pit Keith's word against Chacal's since Keith wasn't stating a fact, just what he'd heard while Chacal was just denying that it was true, probably from more firsthand knowledge than Keith had.

This whole issue is actually getting a bit overblown, I'm sure Keith would probably like to take back his comment and Taylor would probably want to drop the issue all together. I'm going to do so, in any case.

peace

Date: June 6, 2015 23:51

--------

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...111112113114115116117118119120121...LastNext
Current Page: 116 of 307

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1653
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home