Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7071727374757677787980...LastNext
Current Page: 75 of 308
Re: Mick Taylor Talk - what's on your mind right now...
Posted by: ChelseaGirls ()
Date: April 30, 2015 19:13

DandelionPowderman
Nice to see that analysis, Doxa. You know I agree with it.

Instead of "better" I would say different, though - like Otis Redding was a different vocalist than Bob Dylan, not necessarily better.

Anyway, who is 'better' than Dylan? And who is not influenced by him? You don't have to be a die-hard fan of Dylan to realise that, just listen to these lines:

"Now you don't seem so proud
About having to be scrounging for your next meal."

"He really wasn't where it's at
After he took from you everything he could steal."

Yeah, I am talking about his VOICE. The most fantastic lines ever sung.

Posted by: Chacal ()
Date: April 30, 2015 20:43

Stoneburst
I hope he will, and it would be excellent if he did. However, he probably did reasonably well financially out of the last few years with the Stones, so he might not feel he needs to for the time being. Also, I'm not sure what his band situation is at the moment: I think he was having some issues with Jeff Allen. That said, no doubt there's a tonne of musicians who'd kill to play with him, and I would love to see him get something together.

Just for the record: Jeff Allen is not representing Mick Taylor and has been out of the picture for a number of years.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: April 30, 2015 21:36

Chacal
Stoneburst
I hope he will, and it would be excellent if he did. However, he probably did reasonably well financially out of the last few years with the Stones, so he might not feel he needs to for the time being. Also, I'm not sure what his band situation is at the moment: I think he was having some issues with Jeff Allen. That said, no doubt there's a tonne of musicians who'd kill to play with him, and I would love to see him get something together.

Just for the record: Jeff Allen is not representing Mick Taylor and has been out of the picture for a number of years.

Hey Chacal, who is representing Mick Taylor now and when do you expect we might hear a peep from him? In this case no news, is not good news. Much thanks.

peace

Date: April 30, 2015 21:37

ChelseaGirls
DandelionPowderman

Instead of "better" I would say different, though - like Otis Redding was a different vocalist than Bob Dylan, not necessarily better.

Anyway, who is 'better' than Dylan? And who is not influenced by him? You don't have to be a die-hard fan of Dylan to realise that, just listen to these lines:

Exactly! And who is "better" than Keith Richards?

Posted by: Chacal ()
Date: April 30, 2015 21:58

Naturalust: he clarified to Rolling Stone Mgz (via a representative) that he is not sick and that he was simply not invited to participate in the upcoming tour.
Apart from that, he does not feel there is much news to report until he either has a gig / short tour, a recorded work or perhaps a book to promote. He is looking into new musical collaborations.

Date: April 30, 2015 22:06

Chacal
Naturalust: he clarified to Rolling Stone Mgz (via a representative) that he is not sick and that he was simply not invited to participate in the upcoming tour.
Apart from that, he does not feel there is much news to report until he either has a gig / short tour, a recorded work or perhaps a book to promote. He is looking into new musical collaborations.

Thanks Chacal. I will look forward to any or all of those things. A book would indeed be a treat and new musical collaborations can only be good. I'd love to see him do something with Billy Payne!

peace

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: April 30, 2015 23:41

Naturalust
Chacal

Thanks Chacal. I will look forward to any or all of those things. A book would indeed be a treat and new musical collaborations can only be good. I'd love to see him do something with Billy Payne!

peace

I get sick of all those Taylor representatives! Let the words come from the horse's mouth. Like this (nice song, vocals MT):

Date: May 1, 2015 01:08

Any examples out there of Taylor causing a train wreck? LOL. Just thought that since we've seen example of both from the other guitarists it would be fair to point out that they are all capable of them. Of course we might have to look very hard in Taylor's case. winking smiley

peace

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: May 1, 2015 01:30

Talking about promoting a book, it seems he'd done quite a bit of work on one based on that great 2009 interview/concert "Mick Taylor - Live in Bern - 2009 March 13 (interview included)" (oh I now see it was posted by one kleermaker1000, hehe...) the book is mentioned at 13'21"

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: Getondown ()
Date: May 1, 2015 02:01

I hope RS change their minds and have him play.

Otherwise when will Ronnie leave? Or switch to Bass?

Posted by: sanQ ()
Date: May 1, 2015 12:04

Redhotcarpet
thumbs upsmileys with beereye popping smiley
I should have seen them with Taylor at Roskilde. F--k. listen to Taylor and listen to the interplay with Keith and Ronnie at 6.15 - . OMFG. They could pull it off again. Keith and Taylor. And Ronnie. Why the hell didnt they include him and rehearse a bunch of songs.

Man, Mick Taylor was great here! So sad that this is no longer going to happen ever again. This is when they are at their greatest.

Posted by: LuxuryStones ()
Date: May 1, 2015 12:15

kleermaker

I get sick of all those Taylor representatives! Let the words come from the horse's mouth. Like this (nice song, vocals MT):

Well Kleer, one of his representatives is giving Mick a compliment after a series of natural harmonics, at 0:15: "Great show".

Date: May 1, 2015 18:08

LuxuryStones
Well Kleer, one of his representatives is giving Mick a compliment after a series of natural harmonics, at 0:15: "Great shot".

But another representative says he's not a representative since years now! Please let the only real representative, i.e. Mick Taylor himself, stand up and announce a SF-tour in Europe.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-01 18:09 by kleermaker.

Posted by: Stoneburst ()
Date: May 1, 2015 18:35

The guy says 'great show', and so it was - wonderfully fluid, bouncy soloing here:

Posted by: SweetThing ()
Date: May 1, 2015 19:26

LoveYouLive
Speaking of Mick Taylor... if he isn't sick and he is definitely not going out on the road with the Stones this year, why isn't he playing his own dates? Nothing says your fine like going out and headlining your own dates.

He did answer that question (sort of if you count whoever is posting on Taylor's facebook page under his name). He seemingly said he had a lot of millage on his body and in order to make money, he had to play more consecutive dates and that was not in the cards. Also, that he was well enough to tour as the Stones do... referencing the schedule but I suppose implying the better accommodations as well.

I suppose unless Ringo rescues him for The All Star Band, (unlikely if not impossible since he does not have radio hits of his own.. unless they do a Stones song from his era), then we might see him do a short residency in LA, NY or Vegas.. Seems he ruled out everything else. But guess we'll have to wait and see...

Date: May 1, 2015 20:48

Stoneburst
The guy says 'great show', and so it was - wonderfully fluid, bouncy soloing here:

A bit jazzy rhythm indeed, I edited into great show.grinning smiley

Date: May 1, 2015 21:07

kleermaker
LuxuryStones
Well Kleer, one of his representatives is giving Mick a compliment after a series of natural harmonics, at 0:15: "Great shot".

But another representative says he's not a representative since years now! Please let the only real representative, i.e. Mick Taylor himself, stand up and announce a SF-tour in Europe.

To representative or not to representative, that's the question according to Shakespeare.

Date: May 1, 2015 21:31

LuxuryStones
kleermaker
LuxuryStones

To representative or not to representative, that's the question according to Shakespeare.

grinning smiley

Date: May 1, 2015 22:06

DandelionPowderman
ChelseaGirls
DandelionPowderman

Exactly! And who is "better" than Keith Richards?

No one if we talk about songs like Gimme Shelter, but in the 80's Johnny Marr took up the torch.

Date: May 1, 2015 22:10

LuxuryStones
kleermaker
LuxuryStones

Much ado about nothing!

Date: May 1, 2015 23:39

ChelseaGirls
LuxuryStones
kleermaker
LuxuryStones
Well Kleer, one of his representatives is giving Mick a compliment after a series of natural harmonics, at 0:15: "Great show".

Much ado about nothing!

You're right, I really hope he has someone who gets him on the road.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: May 2, 2015 00:08

MJ did know how to use MT when necessary - what a dick.

Posted by: Getondown ()
Date: May 2, 2015 00:32

My opinion of Mick Taylor is this:

He is the greatest rock guitarist of all time.

Deep down the stones know this and for monetary reasons and ego reasons they left him out. Every knows this is the truth.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: May 2, 2015 01:32

The best ever, period.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-02 01:33 by mtaylor.

Posted by: Nicodemus ()
Date: May 2, 2015 02:32

Getondown
My opinion of Mick Taylor is this:

I wholeheartidly agree!
It absolutely breaks my heart that he hasn't been invited. Not yet anyway. I still have hope!

Posted by: carlorossi ()
Date: May 2, 2015 03:47

Getondown

Deep down the stones know this and for monetary reasons and ego reasons they left him out. Every knows this is the truth.

I really doubt it. I don't really buy the monetary reasons theory, but I could easily be totally underestimating their level of greed. As far as the ego reasons, it MAY be the truth. But unlikely.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: May 2, 2015 04:18

Well, so what would you say is a more likely reason, carlorossi?

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: Robb2 ()
Date: May 2, 2015 06:09

What seems like 100 Years Ago nowadays, the Stones did Mick Taylor wrong by not giving him songwriting credit where he was due. Favorite band for 35+ years, they are making an injustice by not living up to their potential when not inviting Mick Taylor to play Sticky Finger cuts with them and then charging OUTRAGEOUS Las Vegas prices to see them. The Glastonbury coverage on You Tube of “Can’t You Hear Me Knocking” testifies to Mick Taylor’s essential contributions. Speaking as a fan of Stones, Mick Taylor, and Mr. Ron Wood. Agree with previous sentiments that incorporating the extended talents of both Mr. Wood and Mr. Taylor could lead the Stones again to amazing results. Get it together!

Posted by: carlorossi ()
Date: May 2, 2015 08:03

angee
Well, so what would you say is a more likely reason, carlorossi?

Health not up to par is my guess. Not sick, just not where it should be to be part of the tour. And there's the possible greed factor. I just don't see ego entering into it, as if they care whether MT "outshines" someone. As if folks think they're some virtuosos or something.

Posted by: Sighunt ()
Date: May 2, 2015 08:46

This Mick Taylor thread is now 75 pages and 72,000 + views and counting. So what is the take-away from this? The presence of Mick Taylor on this recent tour has been a game changer for all of us. Many fans like myself bought tickets in 2013 just to see Mick Taylor on stage with the Stones again. Stones fans are truly saddened and going through a sort of grieving process that from the looks of things (unless there is evidence to the contrary) indicates that Mick Taylor will not be coming back. Sadly, they carted Taylor out for their 50th reunion for two tunes (with the exception of playing a couple more classics on multiple dates in selected cities). Reviews from fans on songs he did play on whether it was Rambler or Can't You Hear Me Knocking were generally favorable. From my perspective, the stones threw some crumbs at the hardcore fans, and we were so stoked about having Mick Taylor on stage again (and let's face it-when we heard that Taylor was going to be going out on the road again with Stones-it was astounding to us and even unthinkable that this would ever happen again in our life-times!), that it is like a slap in the face that he is not invited back-especially when the theme (so far as I understand it) of this upcoming tour is to showcase the re-issue of one of their classic albums-Sticky Fingers leaving out the lead guitarist who was partly responsible for its success! Once again, another in a long line of Rolling Stones missed opportunities. From where I sit, the inclusion of Mick Taylor on this upcoming tour would only enhance the legacy rather than detract from it.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7071727374757677787980...LastNext
Current Page: 75 of 308

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1632
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home