Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...6061626364656667686970...LastNext
Current Page: 65 of 307
Re: Mick Taylor Talk - what's on your mind right now...
Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: April 20, 2015 19:51

regarding MT's exuberance he was delighted to be back and perhaps trying too hard to fit in to the modern Stones image.I'm surprised that discussions regarding health issues are being allowed to continue, while Bobby was ailing it was off topic. This dichotomy is proof that Taylor is healthy enough to tour.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-20 19:53 by DoomandGloom.

Posted by: Chacal ()
Date: April 20, 2015 20:01

Naturalust
Geez, bad news indeed. Puts everything in perspective, for MT and the rest of the Stones...we're lucky to have them all in 2015.

Hope above all that MT heals well but of course would still love to see him play a few shows this tour.

peace

What is bad news ?

What do you mean 'heals well' ?

Date: April 20, 2015 20:02

swimtothemoon
Well let's hope the best for Mick. May he take the time and pursue the life changes necessary for a successful recovery.

Recovery ? What are you referring to ?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-20 21:36 by Chacal.

Date: April 20, 2015 20:03

LuxuryStones
He had serious lung issues a couple of years ago already, was hospitalised for that. Smoking cigarettes doesn't make it any better. So the doctor could be right this time. I hope Taylor finally kicks his nasty habit.

Which doctor ?

Posted by: LuxuryStones ()
Date: April 20, 2015 20:06

Chacal

Which doctor ?

You, perhaps?

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: April 20, 2015 20:11

Regarding Taylor's stage moves with the stones:I think he was just trying to
create some excitment. Not necessary for the hard core fans. But Mick Taylor must have sensed it necessary for the other 90% of the audience. I assume only the fans very familiar with Mick Taylor noticed his unusual, for him, stage moves.

He may have felt it rude to be a "special" guest and simply walk out, stand in one place, play his guitar and leave the stage. This could have been perceived as angry or ungrateful by the 90%.

This was discussed before - but guesting on only one song must have been very difficult to bring to the level we all know Mick Taylor is capable of in terms
his musicianship. It takes more than one song to catch the grove. Personally I thought there were better song alternatives, other than Midnight Rambler, for him to guest on.

Date: April 20, 2015 20:13

LuxuryStones
Chacal
LuxuryStones
He had serious lung issues a couple of years ago already, was hospitalised for that. Smoking cigarettes doesn't make it any better. So the doctor could be right this time. I hope Taylor finally kicks his nasty habit.

Which doctor ?

You, perhaps?

Your suggestive comment is adding to speculation on this board that Taylor has some kind of ailment which is preventing him from playing with the Stones.
Why are you choosing to propagate a false rumour about someone's health ?

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: April 20, 2015 20:14

Chacal
Naturalust
Geez, bad news indeed. Puts everything in perspective, for MT and the rest of the Stones...we're lucky to have them all in 2015.

Hope above all that MT heals well but of course would still love to see him play a few shows this tour.

peace

What is bad news ?

Ok I knew I shouldn't have responded to the rumors, my apologies and I'm glad they are not true. Sounds like someone is playing Keno and the rest of us like a fiddle. moody smiley

Chacal, obviously folks are anxious to get an update on what MT is up to, when and if we can expect to see him playing again soon. That's why we jump on any news we get. Any news would be appreciated. Thanks.

peace

Date: April 20, 2015 20:21

edited smiling smiley

Date: April 20, 2015 20:21

Naturalust
Chacal
Naturalust

peace

What is bad news ?

Ok I knew I shouldn't have responded to the rumors, my apologies and I'm glad they are not true. Sounds like someone is playing Keno and the rest of us like a fiddle. moody smiley

Chacal, obviously folks are anxious to get an update on what MT is up to, when and if we can expect to see him playing again soon. That's why we jump on any news we get. Any news would be appreciated. Thanks.

peace

Mick Taylor is not at all sick. In fact, he is in fine fettle.
He would love to play on the upcoming North American tour, but was told by Joyce Smyth that he won't be invited. No explanation was offered.

Date: April 20, 2015 20:26

LuxuryStones

I'm not. We have discussed this extensively in private conversations, MT's smoking habits included. Keep it straight please.

You're the one that is not playing with a straight bat by pretending to be an insider. You should cut it out and stop insinuating you have details on MT's health. You don't know him.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-20 20:33 by Chacal.

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: April 20, 2015 20:39

im so glad to hear Mick T is in fine fettle.

and that is a great expression too, btw.

Date: April 20, 2015 20:43

Chacal
LuxuryStones

I'm not. We have discussed this extensively in private conversations, in the past, remember?

You should cut it out and stop insinuating you know anything about MT's health.... You don't know him.

No, of course not, your censorship..smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-20 21:42 by LuxuryStones.

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: April 20, 2015 20:56

Chacal
swimtothemoon
Well let's hope the best for Mick. May he take the time and pursue the life changes necessary for a successful recovery.

Which recovery are you referring to ?

Well I think you mean "What recovery" instead of "which recovery" unless you are telling me Mick needs to recover from more than one issue. Not wanting to play
games as we all wish the very best for Mick.

Date: April 20, 2015 21:03

Chacal
Mick Taylor is not at all sick. In fact, he is in fine fettle.
He would love to play on the upcoming North American tour, but was told by Joyce Smyth that he won't be invited. No explanation was offered.

Nice to hear Mr. Taylor is well! Not surprised Mick's lawyer was tasked with telling him. Would love to see him on the tour but am now resigned to the fact it's not happening. As had been said so many times, a shame in light of the Sticky Fingers themed tour.

There are many of us Chacal, who would love to see Mick play a show of his own. In fact I prefer this to one or two songs with the Stones. I doubt any amount of enthusiasm shown here is going to change the Stones poorly timed decision to not include him, if I thought it would, I'd be posting even more than the plenty I already have in this thread. But, I can only hope that Mick Taylor will rise to the occasion and get a North American tour of his own scheduled for this summer and rip through some Sticky Fingers tunes, killer blues and other great music to the delight of his many fans.

One thing I'd love to know, since MT is in such fine fettle, why haven't we heard from him? Did Joyce smith give him a gag order concerning anything Stones? With all the interest in him it just feels like he owes us some honest dialogue. Much thanks.

peace

Posted by: proudmary ()
Date: April 20, 2015 21:14

How come Joyce Smyth is now just Mick Jagger's lawyer? I know MJ is mean, cold and mercenary but she does work for Stones. There is an article about her in Times

"Joyce Smyth is an unsung member of the Rolling Stones whose legal training is vital to their business
If you are a rock fan of a certain age — or even the next generation of fans — it’s the dream job. Joyce Smyth not only went to the Rolling Stones’ 50th anniversary concert, she helped to make it happen, from fixing the backing choir to the ticket prices. She even designed a T-shirt.
For a lawyer, gigs don’t get much better than that."
[www.thetimes.co.uk]

Joyce Smyth at her firm’s Bloomsbury offices, with a portrait of Miles Davis by Ronnie Wood in the background

Date: April 20, 2015 21:20

how about this for a possible scenario:

at a few select venues Mick Taylor does indeed play, unannounced, on Can't You Hear Me Knockin..

then at others, also unannounced, on 'Sway'

then he plays for a full show, a Sticky Fingers run-through, for PPV. You get the picture...

Posted by: bv ()
Date: April 20, 2015 21:33

Please DO NOT use this thread to discuss the health of Mick Taylor or other people. Health is a private matter, not to be discussed in the public. If this is not respected then I would have to close this thread. Very simple. Feel free to EDIT your post if you want to change what you posted. There is a link under every post : "Edit Post". Thank you.

Bjornulf

Date: April 20, 2015 21:52

proudmary
How come Joyce Smyth is now just Mick Jagger's lawyer?

..from fixing the backing choir to the ticket prices. She even designed a T-shirt.

Likely because she is referred to as "Mick Jaggers lawyer" in NYTimes articles like the following and probably does work with him more that any of the other Stones, probably even on some of his non-Stones related affairs.

[mediadecoder.blogs.nytimes.com]

So she is also the one responsible for the ticket prices? Interesting bit that...I wonder which T-Shirt she designed?

Maybe this one?

peace

Date: April 20, 2015 21:57

bv
Please DO NOT use this thread to discuss the health of Mick Taylor or other people. Health is a private matter, not to be discussed in the public. If this is not respected then I would have to close this thread. Very simple. Feel free to EDIT your post if you want to change what you posted. There is a link under every post : "Edit Post". Thank you.
I was surprised this went on so long. Really without official statements this becomes a circle jerk.

Date: April 20, 2015 22:10

DoomandGloom
bv
I was surprised this went on so long. Really without official statements this becomes a circle jerk.

a rather unnecessary comment, and not inclusive..

Posted by: proudmary ()
Date: April 20, 2015 22:23

Naturalust
proudmary
How come Joyce Smyth is now just Mick Jagger's lawyer?

..from fixing the backing choir to the ticket prices. She even designed a T-shirt.

Likely because she is referred to as "Mick Jaggers lawyer" in NYTimes articles like the following and probably does work with him more that any of the other Stones, probably even on some of his non-Stones related affairs.

peace

In this case was Prince Rupert MJ's lawyer or was he Stones' advisor? When she's working on something Stones related she is Stones' lawyer
At the end the money they earn is not only Mick's money they split it equally, right?

I wish Mick T could take part in this tour, I've seen him three times with them over the past two years and it was great joy. But obviously it was the band decision and the responsibility for this decision belongs to all equally and not just to one person

Date: April 20, 2015 22:37

At the end the money they earn is not only Mick's money they split it equally, right?

Who knows? Probably true for performances but it would certainly be fair to pay Mick for his time and effort dealing with Stones business as CEO of the corporation. With his reputation and proven track record, I'd certainly be willing to compensate him well for any effort he did on my behalf.

peace

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-20 23:55 by Naturalust.

Date: April 20, 2015 23:06

Naturalust
At the end the money they earn is not only Mick's money they split it equally, right?[/
Who knows? Probably true for performances but it would certainly be fair to pay Mick for his time and effort dealing with Stones business as CEO of the corporation. With his reputation and proven track record, I'd certainly be willing to compensate him well for any effort he did on my behalf.

peace
that is a great question. Does MJ get paid for his role as administrator? There is huge money at the concessions as well. Previous members appear on shirts so Bill,MT and Brian's estate get money from touring too.

Date: April 20, 2015 23:09

DoomandGloom
Naturalust
At the end the money they earn is not only Mick's money they split it equally, right?[/

peace
that is a great question. Does MJ get paid for his role as administrator? There is huge money at the concessions as well. Previous members appear on shirts so Bill,MT and Brian's estate get money from touring too. I guess the original members own the rights to the name Rolling Stones there's lots of crazy money going around.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-20 23:10 by DoomandGloom.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: April 21, 2015 00:38

proudmary
How come Joyce Smyth is now just Mick Jagger's lawyer? I know MJ is mean, cold and mercenary but she does work for Stones. There is an article about her in Times

"Joyce Smyth is an unsung member of the Rolling Stones whose legal training is vital to their business
If you are a rock fan of a certain age — or even the next generation of fans — it’s the dream job. Joyce Smyth not only went to the Rolling Stones’ 50th anniversary concert, she helped to make it happen, from fixing the backing choir to the ticket prices. She even designed a T-shirt.
[www.thetimes.co.uk]

Joyce Smyth at her firm’s Bloomsbury offices, with a portrait of Miles Davis by Ronnie Wood in the background
She looks like a boring stupid.

Terrible that MJ doesn't have the guts to tell MT himself that they don't need him on tour anymore. Had to ask the lawyer to do so. And then on the radio interview MJ comes with a lame blah, blah excuse. MJ is a coward, if he could not tell MT himself that he was not to be on the ZIP tour.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: April 21, 2015 00:52

Maybe it was her idea...after all she labels herself as their "Director of Business Affairs" on her website, and it seems she's calling more than just the business shots based on the first few lines of that article [www.thetimes.co.uk] - anyone have access to the full text ?

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-21 11:31 by gotdablouse.

Posted by: palerider22 ()
Date: April 21, 2015 01:12

bv

I have to agree. We shouldn't be speculating on health issues. Anyone who claims MT is either sick or not sick should not post anything unless they have a valid link to a statement. 'keno' started this mess up again. We can say he's full of it alright but we shouldn't guess on MT's well being...

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: April 21, 2015 01:27

mtaylor
proudmary

If you are a rock fan of a certain age — or even the next generation of fans — it’s the dream job. Joyce Smyth not only went to the Rolling Stones’ 50th anniversary concert, she
helped to make it happen, from fixing the
backing choir to the ticket prices. She even designed a T-shirt.
[www.thetimes.co.uk]

She looks like a boring stupid.

Terrible that MJ doesn't have the guts to tell MT himself that they don't need him on tour anymore. Had to ask the lawyer to do so. And then on the radio interview MJ comes with a lame blah, blah excuse. MJ is a coward, if he could not tell MT himself that he was not to be on the ZIP tour.

Ok.. you have the guts to tell exactly this Mick Jagger face to face without any knowledge but rumours and speculation ?

Posted by: Stoneburst ()
Date: April 21, 2015 01:47

palerider22
bv

I have to agree. We shouldn't be speculating on health issues. Anyone who claims MT is either sick or not sick should not post anything unless they have a valid link to a statement. 'keno' started this mess up again. We can say he's full of it alright but we shouldn't guess on MT's well being...

I understand BV's point and in principle totally agree with him, but the fact is that the only people speculating on MT's health or spreading rumours about him are a) Keith Richards and b) Keno via his 'insider'. I've no more interest in discussing Mick Taylor's health than the next guy, but I do think we are entitled to ask why certain people in or connected to the Stones keep claiming he's unwell when he doesn't seem to be. Anyway, yes, let's talk about something else.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-21 01:53 by Stoneburst.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...6061626364656667686970...LastNext
Current Page: 65 of 307

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2073
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home