Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4546474849505152535455...LastNext
Current Page: 50 of 168
Re: The Rolling Stones live in 2015
Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: March 3, 2015 16:28

DandelionPowderman
Good times, Gregor - good times! thumbs up

Weren't they just Bard smileys with beer I'm getting withdrawal symptoms. I need another Stones fix winking smiley

We were in the pub with Lorenz & the Hungarian girl so late I overslept and nearly missed my train to Rygge for the plane home, But all good fun.thumbs up

Date: March 3, 2015 17:21

DandelionPowderman
dcba
RollingFreak
flacnvinyl
Has anyone considered that Sticky Fingers won't be the theme? My gut feeling is that we are coming to the end. Either they release a new album or do a final tour. The nostalgia tour can't go on forever.

I don't think it is at all, but I'm just going along with the rumor. I highly doubt it will be, and I'd actually be shocked if it was. They don't care about doing something new.

A SF-themed mini-set wouldn't be sth new : Brown Sugar has been played to death. Sway Horses CYHMK Bitch and Dead FLowers are rarely played but they know these ones.

Only Gotta Move, I Got The Blues Morphine and MMile would require some rehearsal. Imo that's do-able.

I can assure you that Sway and CHYMK always require rehearsal smiling smiley

It is difficult to imagine the Stones playing "Wild Horses" in the # 3 slot in the set. It seems too early.

Maybe they could throw in "Let it Rock" from the Spanish 'Stick Fingers' ??

Date: March 3, 2015 17:22

Winning Ugly VXII
DandelionPowderman
dcba
RollingFreak
flacnvinyl
Has anyone considered that Sticky Fingers won't be the theme? My gut feeling is that we are coming to the end. Either they release a new album or do a final tour. The nostalgia tour can't go on forever.

I don't think it is at all, but I'm just going along with the rumor. I highly doubt it will be, and I'd actually be shocked if it was. They don't care about doing something new.

A SF-themed mini-set wouldn't be sth new : Brown Sugar has been played to death. Sway Horses CYHMK Bitch and Dead FLowers are rarely played but they know these ones.

Only Gotta Move, I Got The Blues Morphine and MMile would require some rehearsal. Imo that's do-able.

It is difficult to imagine the Stones playing "Wild Horses" in the # 3 slot in the set. It seems too early.

Good idea. Great opener, too!

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: March 3, 2015 17:25

DandelionPowderman
Winning Ugly VXII
DandelionPowderman
dcba
RollingFreak
flacnvinyl

Good idea. Great opener, too!
Like in 1978thumbs up

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: March 3, 2015 18:08

Winning Ugly VXII

My guess is we'll have a SF-theme mini-set in the middle of the show : let's say thye play 19 songs overall and 7 tunes from SF. That leaves 6 songs to be played before the mini-set and a home-run of six classics (Satisfaction JJF SFM).

Posted by: desertblues68 ()
Date: March 3, 2015 19:01

Might do it if I can get annual leave as we are a small team 3 plus one part-time (2 days a week) and only one person is allowed to be off at the same time.eye rolling smileymoody smiley
I have checked about my Libyan Visa and it should not be a problem asit was in my previous passporthot smiley

Date: March 3, 2015 19:16

desertblues68
Might do it if I can get annual leave as we are a small team 3 plus one part-time (2 days a week) and only one person is allowed to be off at the same time.eye rolling smileymoody smiley
I have checked about my Libyan Visa and it should not be a problem asit was in my previous passporthot smiley

I'm in the very same boat desertblues eye rolling smiley Fellow Brit ?

I think the following will happen:

1: The tickets will go on sale at the usual huge prices

2: They'll claim a sell out,including those hoovered up by PaulyWaul's favourite Secondaries such as Stubhub, Seatwave etc.

3: A week or 2 later all shows will be available for lucky dips. If, as is strongly rumoured, it's a large stadiums tour, tickets should be plentiful.

Last year, all the European Shows were officially sold out in 1-2 hours and some, such as Paris, genuinely were, but when the lucky dips went on sale the following week, some shows never seemed to sell out of LDs e.g. Oslo and Zurich, where LDs were available online for weeks on end. Closer to show day, tickets appeared to be available online in all sections for Oslo. I was at that show in GA, paying full price.

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: March 3, 2015 19:17

dcba
Winning Ugly VXII

My guess is we'll have a SF-theme mini-set in the middle of the show : let's say thye play 19 songs overall and 7 tunes from SF. That leaves 6 songs to be played before the mini-set and a home-run of six classics (Satisfaction JJF SFM).

I could see that. And it would probably work pretty well, and in perfect Stones style. Not playing the whole album so its basically a cocktease to get hardcores there, and then filling the rest of the set up with hits and warhorses. It definitely gives this tour its own flair and they also get away with not fully delving themselves into the record. Classic two faced approach to it.

Date: March 3, 2015 19:20

flacnvinyl
alhavu1
Stadiums = bad idea. They could be embarrassed by slow sales. They will NOT sell out.

If the ticket prices are not offensive, sales will be strong. Just in my immediate friends circle we had so much interest in the Chicago gigs that we considered renting a party bus. When the ticket prices were revealed in 2013, everyone jumped ship. Not because they couldn't afford it, but because the prices were insane. It was just plain greedy.

That being said, if big gigs is how you bring the price down, then make it happen!

The 2013 prices kept away a lot of our friends too. It was a stretch to see both shows in Boston under the guise of a "vacation trip". The weirdest thing to me was the price drops as shows got closer. We went to TD Center on Friday for 1/2 the price of Wednesday and sat in the same section about 10 rows closer.

Mike

Posted by: desertblues68 ()
Date: March 3, 2015 19:31

grzegorz67
desertblues68
I have checked
2about my Libyan Visa and it should not be a problem asit was in my previous passporthot smiley

I'm in the very same boat desertblues eye rolling smiley Fellow Brit ?

I think the following will happen:

1: The tickets will go on sale at the usual huge prices

2: They'll claim a sell out,including those hoovered up by PaulyWaul's favourite Secondaries such as Stubhub, Seatwave etc.

3: A week or 2 later all shows will be available for lucky dips. If, as is strongly rumoured, it's a large stadiums tour, tickets should be plentiful.

Last year, all the European Shows were officially sold out in 1-2 hours and some, such as Paris, genuinely were, but when the lucky dips went on sale the following week, some shows never seemed to sell out of LDs e.g. Oslo and Zurich, where LDs were available online for weeks on end. Closer to show day, tickets appeared to be available online in all sections for Oslo. I was at that show in GA, paying full price.

I am Italian grzegorz67 but I have been living in the UK for more than 20 years, some of my mates call me a Britalian. Will be flying from London if it works out. Hope you can make it!smileys with beer

Posted by: Roscoe ()
Date: March 3, 2015 19:48

If this is going to be a stadium tour as rumored then I'd expect prices to be more reasonable than the 2013 U.S. tour. They can't charge 2013 prices and expect to sellout U.S. stadiums. If that's the case, then I wouldn't count on there even being lucky dip tickets. Just a thought.

Posted by: Niek ()
Date: March 3, 2015 20:06

I have to plan my shift for june/july at mid march. I work in a hospital so in shifts, weekends included.
Very difficult to plan. I see what I can get. Only take a flight if they play Sticky Fingers totally.
Mmmm.... That's what I think now.
From Europe its expensive for just a few days.
Don't wanna think about the milieuaspects. eye rolling smiley

(Always took candy from strangers)

Posted by: kahoosier ()
Date: March 3, 2015 20:18

Niek, I am in the same boat as you. I work urban ED with AL being distributed months in advance among 63 or so MD's. We are told to ask a year in advance.

By luck a conference in Nashville runs from 28 May thru 1 June, so the company flies me there. By more luck the first three weeks of June were free and I extended.

And then ...I am not shy about working any shit shift that comes along during the year , covering sick leaves, working short shifts, any time I am free and needed. Nor am I shy about my Stones addiction. It helps, an impassioned plea to the director gets a few rules bent and I am off now 26 May thru 29 June. I am happy , but also feel a bit uneasy I might miss something in July.

Lol of course I am to old to do what I did for ABB , which was just hand in my notice and withdraw my retirement to hit the road for the summer. It is getting tougher all the time, but worth it in the end.

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: March 3, 2015 20:36

Naturalust
jamesfdouglas
It's been a while, iorr.org.

OI see this forum is no longer full of petty bickering, lol!

Nice to see you back James. peace

Peace and good vibes to you!

[thepowergoats.com]

Date: March 3, 2015 20:46

Roscoe
If this is going to be a stadium tour as rumored then I'd expect prices to be more reasonable than the 2013 U.S. tour. They can't charge 2013 prices and expect to sellout U.S. stadiums. If that's the case, then I wouldn't count on there even being lucky dip tickets. Just a thought.

Excellent point Roscoe. The 2013 US prices were laughable so surely they won't repeat the huge mistake. The promoter tried to negotiate a reduction from the Stones with poor sales - good luck with that! Promoters have gone bust taking on the Stones before now.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: March 3, 2015 21:11

I would love to get to North America for a couple of gigs in the summer.

Will have to wait and see the dates as London is gonna be great with The Who, AC/DC and ZZ Top already gonna go and see.

Still hopefull The Stones are gonna play London sometime between May and September , but who knows when.

My priority is South America later this year.

I'm sure I will meet up with some of you great guys and gals I met for the first time in Europe last summer, somewhere where The Rolling Stones will be playing in 2015. smileys with beer

Posted by: Lorenz ()
Date: March 3, 2015 21:22

grzegorz67
DandelionPowderman

Weren't they just Bard smileys with beer I'm getting withdrawal symptoms. I need another Stones fix winking smiley

We were in the pub with Lorenz & the Hungarian girl so late I overslept and nearly missed my train to Rygge for the plane home, But all good fun.thumbs up

It was good! We were quite hungover the day after grinning smiley

Posted by: Niek ()
Date: March 3, 2015 21:37

kahoosier
Niek, I am in the same boat as you. I work urban ED with AL being distributed months in advance among 63 or so MD's. We are told to ask a year in advance.

By luck a conference in Nashville runs from 28 May thru 1 June, so the company flies me there. By more luck the first three weeks of June were free and I extended.

And then ...I am not shy about working any shit shift that comes along during the year , covering sick leaves, working short shifts, any time I am free and needed. Nor am I shy about my Stones addiction. It helps, an impassioned plea to the director gets a few rules bent and I am off now 26 May thru 29 June. I am happy , but also feel a bit uneasy I might miss something in July.

Lol of course I am to old to do what I did for ABB , which was just hand in my notice and withdraw my retirement to hit the road for the summer. It is getting tougher all the time, but worth it in the end.

Well, maybe that's something I can do too. Have to search for a good one about PICU in June or July.
I have to smile about the 'miss something' line. Yes, you definitely miss something. But look at what you've already got! And maybe you can make it to the rehearsals before the tour starts.

(Always took candy from strangers)

Date: March 3, 2015 21:40

Lorenz
grzegorz67
DandelionPowderman

It was good! We were quite hungover the day after grinning smiley

Really ? Getting hungover on Norwegian pub beer would just about bankrupt most people ! Brilliant gathering of Stones fans in there until 3-4am smileys with beer I emailed you my photo of Mick I took from 5 meters away thumbs up

Posted by: rocknola ()
Date: March 4, 2015 00:14

IMO...they will continue to redefine how touring is done and set the model for which all other bands follow.... "are you ready to rock and roll some more?!!!"

Date: March 4, 2015 00:34

BV

Can you please tell us if any shows in the central US are being rumored?

Will it be possibly to see the Stones in some place other than New York or PA?

Hopefully a Texas show in the rumor mill?

Just a hint please

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: March 4, 2015 03:07

This is too much fun. Looking forward to BVs post regarding prospective dates..

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: March 4, 2015 04:09

Loved it when the rumors included Vancouver...

ALthough..
I'm fortunate to have the summer off and will attend as many North American concerts as I am able to make it to.. and maybe even camp out at rehearsals.

So much fun.... Just waitin' on a frie.. I mean announcement!!

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: March 4, 2015 07:24

Here's what you do. If it's a stadium show, get a map of the place so you know where all seats would be. Go the night of show and wait around for it to start. There will be so many tickets from scalpers about to be worthless that you should be able to pick and choose at a reduced rate, and have a decent seat.

Posted by: mrsw ()
Date: March 4, 2015 10:52

Shame if they don't do the UK.They did the US and UK in 2013 so its fair we get some gigs this year but life is not fair.

Date: March 4, 2015 12:22

smileys with beer
24FPS
Here's what you do. If it's a stadium show, get a map of the place so you know where all seats would be. Go the night of show and wait around for it to start. There will be so many tickets from scalpers about to be worthless that you should be able to pick and choose at a reduced rate, and have a decent seat.

I've done exactly that several times and never failed.

In 2006 on the ABB tour I got into Cardiff Millenium Stadium for £70 (instead of £162)

In 2012 I got into O2 Show 1 for £100, reduced from £326, although I missed the 1st 5 songs.. Still worth it though.

As well as a seating chart, you should obtain a High Res Colour Photocopy of a Ticket so you don't get sold a dud.

Last year I travelled ticketless to Paris, which was a genuine sellout. I met a young Mexican girl called Alin en route, who I'd previously met at the Oslo show and she sold me her spare ticket for Pelouse Or so there's always a way into any show without paying over the odds thumbs up

Posted by: MartinB ()
Date: March 4, 2015 13:13

grzegorz67
smileys with beer
24FPS

I've done exactly that several times and never failed.

In 2006 on the ABB tour I got into Cardiff Millenium Stadium for £70 (instead of £162)

In 2012 I got into O2 Show 1 for £100, reduced from £326, although I missed the 1st 5 songs.. Still worth it though.

As well as a seating chart, you should obtain a High Res Colour Photocopy of a Ticket so you don't get sold a dud.

Last year I travelled ticketless to Paris, which was a genuine sellout. I met a young Mexican girl called Alin en route, who I'd previously met at the Oslo show and she sold me her spare ticket for Pelouse Or so there's always a way into any show without paying over the odds thumbs up

That all sounds good but if (a very big if) I spend so much money to go to US from the UK, I want to be sure I have good spot FOS. It would be silly to end up in a far corner of the stadium (many lucky dips were like that).

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: March 4, 2015 13:30

Do you really want to travel to the US for yet another show? When bv mentioned the SF theme and a friend of mine thought Taylor might be on a "SF set" I was looking into reactivating some US vacation plans but after five+ wonderful shows in the past 2 years, Trabendo, Bondy/1, O2/1, HP/1+2 and Paris, I can't really think of a good reason to burn any cash on this.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-04 17:37 by gotdablouse.

Posted by: MononoM ()
Date: March 4, 2015 13:31

i travelled to hong kong very last minute in 2003. without ticket, hotel etc smiling smiley i ended up at splendid places at both shows smiling smiley had great times at the stones hotel too (even met bill clinton there lol).

dont plan to much when you go see the stones smiling smiley

Life's just a cocktail party on the street

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-04 13:32 by MononoM.

Posted by: MarthaTuesday ()
Date: March 4, 2015 14:27

MononoM
i travelled to hong kong very last minute in 2003. without ticket, hotel etc smiling smiley i ended up at splendid places at both shows smiling smiley had great times at the stones hotel too (even met bill clinton there lol).

dont plan to much when you go see the stones smiling smiley

I'm going to have to take that attitude this time. Then again, I've always been fairly bad at advance planning - but mostly things seem to work out when I play by ear. smiling smiley

Still holding out hope of making it to the States this summer. If I can't make it, so be it and I'll follow the tour with others here online - but I've been thinking of a trip to the States anyway (and catching up with a friend in NYC).

Just hoping I'll be able to sort out work schedules - and get my eyes sorted as they've been playing up again.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4546474849505152535455...LastNext
Current Page: 50 of 168

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1767
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home