Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3132333435363738394041...LastNext
Current Page: 36 of 168
Re: The Rolling Stones live in 2015
Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: February 17, 2015 23:30

desertblues68
Dear iorrians in order to save money can you travel by cargo ship or work your fare by cleaning from the UK to the states?smileys with beer

I'll scrounge up a ticket for you if you can come and clean my house, but it might take you as long as the cargo ship. grinning smiley

Posted by: desertblues68 ()
Date: February 18, 2015 00:33

latebloomer
desertblues68
Dear iorrians in order to save money can you travel by cargo ship or work your fare by cleaning from the UK to the states?smileys with beer

I'll scrounge up a ticket for you if you can come and clean my house, but it might take you as long as the cargo ship. grinning smiley
smileys with beer

Posted by: angee ()
Date: February 18, 2015 00:48

Kahoosier, nice post! Excellent points. Is that a vacation from work you are taking then?

DeanGoodman, I agree, wrong in the past, definitely, hope it's wrong again.

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: Chacal ()
Date: February 18, 2015 00:54

Naturalust: The forthcoming dates are in America and will have big distances in between shows, which can only be covered by plane. Bill does not fly.

In addition to that, Jagger was asked about BW by Rolling Stone Magazine in 2013. This is from the article in the May 2013 issue:

[But Jagger says we've probably seen the last of ex-bassist Bill Wyman - who complained about playing on only two songs last year, and speculated that the band was punishing him for quitting.
"I'm not trying to punish him !" says Jagger. "I was very happy to see him. I don't know, really, what he wanted, to be perfectly honest"].

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-02-18 00:57 by Chacal.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: February 18, 2015 00:56

DandelionPowderman
ricky70
..I thanked Traclefingers and answered DeathGod .... do not ask for more ... good summer and concerts .... 2015/2016

Quote them the next time, so we know what you're talking about, ok?

yeah quote me next time...especially as you can't spell my freakin' name!

What the hell is a Traclefingers anyway?

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: February 18, 2015 01:25

Naturalust
Chacal
DoomandGloom
Bobby Keys has taken a big chunk of the legacy with him and I'm pained to think of CYHMK without him. That being said I firmly believe life is for us living and I'm certain those of us attending will have a splendid time. Now that's it's sunk in, Bobby's absence alone should shake things up a bit but bringing back Bill would make the stage more muscular and be great fun. B.W. does not play along with the band, he leads it and the one thing this show sometimes lacks is definition, so yeah he'd make a big difference and a big addition on songs like Sway.

'Bringing back Bill' ?

No chance in hell.

Of course there is. They offered him a guest spot this last tour but his lack of more participation than a couple songs apparently caused him to decline. If they sweetened the pot with more tunes, especially in light of the Sticky Fingers music rumors, I think he'd be on board in a minute.

What I do think might happen though is they (and everyone else) might realize just how important Bill was to the best Rolling Stones sound, for better or worse. smoking smiley peace

Good point. Bill did mention he simply was disappointed in the number of songs
He was allowed to play on at the UK show at the O2. If he was offered the entire
Sticky Fingers section of the show - he would probably feel the offer was
Appropriate. Whether he is still not flying - I don't know. However, he has
Traveled in the US since he left the stones. Maybe he takes a ship across
But I doubt it. Whatever Bill or Jagger said in the press, I don't think there
is poor feelings towards one another after all these years and the history
they both share. If Bill is physically up to it he should go for it and have
Fun. I know the true fans would love it. And if Mick Taylor was there too....wow!

Posted by: ricky70 ()
Date: February 18, 2015 01:36

treaclefingers
DandelionPowderman
ricky70
..I thanked Traclefingers and answered DeathGod .... do not ask for more ... good summer and concerts .... 2015/2016

sorry....I write with the phone and accidentally letters sorry

Posted by: mnewman505 ()
Date: February 18, 2015 01:38

Does anyone remember Voodoo Lounge?...totally a stadium tour in North America except the MGM Grand....just sayin...

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: February 18, 2015 01:41

<<I write with the phone>>

We understand. Sometimes it's hard to get the pencil properly centered on the screen.

Date: February 18, 2015 02:03

ricky70
treaclefingers
DandelionPowderman
ricky70

It's ok I was only kidding.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: February 18, 2015 04:31

treaclefingers
ricky70
treaclefingers
DandelionPowderman
ricky70

I always wondered what the hell a treaclefingers was too, thought it was some obscure drug reference after coming across the treacle stuff in Keith's book. But after looking up treacle and finding it is British for molasses I just realized it is probably a spin on Sticky Fingers. But of course I may be wrong. peace

Posted by: Roscoe ()
Date: February 18, 2015 05:21

mnewman505
Does anyone remember Voodoo Lounge?...totally a stadium tour in North America except the MGM Grand....just sayin...

Yes but that was 20 years ago when they were younger, healthier, and more resilient. Not that they're "unhealthy" now but age takes its toll. Let's hope this stadium rumor doesn't pan out.

Posted by: rubyeveryday ()
Date: February 18, 2015 05:40

I am so happy to live in a time and place when Rolling Stones concerts are still a thing that happens.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: February 18, 2015 07:12

rubyeveryday
I am so happy to live in a time and place when Rolling Stones concerts are still a thing that happens.

Amen.
Let's savor every second of it.

Watching Keith introduce Macca at the SNL 40th anniversary made me take note of how amazingly fortunate we are for there still to be a glimmer of good natured rivalry left between a still active Rolling Stone and Beatle. Who would have believed it?

Date: February 18, 2015 07:35

Naturalust
treaclefingers
ricky70
treaclefingers
DandelionPowderman
ricky70

I always wondered what the hell a treaclefingers was too, thought it was some obscure drug reference after coming across the treacle stuff in Keith's book. But after looking up treacle and finding it is British for molasses I just realized it is probably a spin on Sticky Fingers. But of course I may be wrong. peace

There's the Spanish version of the album, that has the severed hand emerging from a can of treacle.

Posted by: The Joker ()
Date: February 18, 2015 09:09

bv
Sticky Fingers. This summer.

My bet is on Sticky Fingers-oriented show, à la Licks Tour. Four Sticky Fingers songs, including the compulsory Brown Sugar.

Too bad this is stadium-only, I cannot stand the big heat and the big crowd, it makes me panic, unless I take a little tranquilizer or some booze. Maybe I'll do that.

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: February 18, 2015 10:18

Steinschlag
mattbel
Steinschlag

Frank Zappa once had a great explanation why people (and he was talking about young / single men) go to a Rolling Stones show.... maybe you should give it a try spinning smiley sticking its tongue outspinning smiley sticking its tongue outspinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Have fun smileys with beer

Haha, I know that explanation. It happened.

Well done, Bro smileys with beer

...PLEASE share!! The tension is unbearable. smiling bouncing smiley
(P.S.: I Googled "Zappa"+"Rolling Stones"+"single young men", and nothing relevant came up. And that's about as far as my internaut inspiration goes, this morning.)

Posted by: Steinschlag ()
Date: February 18, 2015 12:41

RoughJusticeOnYa
Steinschlag
mattbel
Steinschlag

Frank Zappa once had a great explanation why people (and he was talking about young / single men) go to a Rolling Stones show.... maybe you should give it a try spinning smiley sticking its tongue outspinning smiley sticking its tongue outspinning smiley sticking its tongue out

(P.S.: I Googled "Zappa"+"Rolling Stones"+"single young men", and nothing relevant came up. And that's about as far as my internaut inspiration goes, this morning.)

I did the same search on google yesterday, hoping to find the Zappa interview on video..... but didn`t find it angry smiley

I have it somewhere on video tape. If you ask me to search for it, I might find it before the "60 and counting" tour starts. As far as I can remember it was used in a documentary on the Stones I recorded from Austrian Television.

But what I found is a quote of what Zappa said. Here is the link:

Zappa quote

It never happened to me - maybe I always pay too much attention on the music >grinning smiley<

------------------------------------------
"A smile relieves a heart that grieves..."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-02-18 12:48 by Steinschlag.

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: February 18, 2015 12:48

Steinschlag
RoughJusticeOnYa
Steinschlag
mattbel
Steinschlag

I did the same search on google yesterday, hoping to find the Zappa interview on video..... but didn`t find it angry smiley

I have it somewhere on video tape. If you ask me to search for it, I might find it before the "60 and counting" tour starts. As far as I can remember it was used in a documentary on the Stones I recorded from Austrian Television.

But what I found is a quote of what Zappa said. Here is the link:

Zappa quote

It never happened to me - maybe I always pay too much attention to the music >grinning smiley<

>grinning smiley< ...Got it! Many thanx, Steinschlag! smoking smiley

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: February 18, 2015 14:29

I have only seen the Stones in outdoor venues Hyde Park twice in 2013 and Paris,Rome and Madrid last year.I have seen other concerts indoors but to me when the sun is shining and it is hot then there is no better place to be than outside at a big gig and I also think that some songs need to be played when the sun goes down and night falls to me it's all part of the show.

Nate cool smiley

Posted by: john lomax ()
Date: February 18, 2015 14:37

I agree with Nate. I love the "carnival" atmosphere of the stadium shows and provided the weather is good they can actually be my favourite way to see the Stones. Except in a small club of course!! Speaking of small clubs, it is 12 years ago today that I saw them at the Enmore Theatre in Sydney. With Midnight Rambler as the opening song - wow, what an experience!!

Posted by: jammingedward ()
Date: February 18, 2015 14:58

I was at the Enmore too! Can't believe it was 12 years ago today. What a show!

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: February 18, 2015 15:13

treaclefingers
waterrats
Naturalust
Ronnie: “We’re thinking of keeping Karl on, because he really loved Bobby’s work.”

what a strange quote. I would think they would keep him because he plays so damn well. Is loving Bobby a pre-requisite? I guess they are keeping Chuck because he loved Stu and Nicky's work? peace

As far as I know, Karl learned to play sax by trying to copy Bobby's licks and style - he just loved his playing. And that's a very good reason for keeping him on the list besides his professional capabilities, IMHO.

I wouldn't take it as any more than an ode to Bobby from Ronnie. You can't replace Bobby, but having a great player that emulates and loves his playing is a great message to have out there.

"Will you continue playing with them?"

They have basically invited me on board. I got a welcome-to-the-band dinner and the whole nine yards.

[www.thestranger.com]

Posted by: Ket ()
Date: February 18, 2015 15:20

Nate
I have only seen the Stones in outdoor venues Hyde Park twice in 2013 and Paris,Rome and Madrid last year.I have seen other concerts indoors but to me when the sun is shining and it is hot then there is no better place to be than outside at a big gig and I also think that some songs need to be played when the sun goes down and night falls to me it's all part of the show.

Nate cool smiley

Sounds nice but in North America I don't think they have played in the daylight outdoors since 1981 so I'm not sure that would happen this year.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: February 18, 2015 15:23

jammingedward
I was at the Enmore too! Can't believe it was 12 years ago today. What a show!

I remember a Rolling Stones pal,Tony Dunne, sending me some pics of his travels to Sydney and The Enmore gig. He is the brother of Alan and Arnold,and a great music fan. He had a daughter who lived in Sydney who he and his wife were visiting. Lost touch years ago ,but a great guy.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-02-18 20:55 by crawdaddy.

Posted by: rebelrebel ()
Date: February 18, 2015 15:43

I can't see Sticky Fingers orientated sets happening in stadiums which always tend to be more greatest hits events. So my feeling is that there may be a mix of arena shows with a Sticky Fingers set and stadium shows with the usual format. But of course it's all speculation at this point.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: February 18, 2015 17:06

Or are we going to have stadium shows with a B-stage "Fingers" mini-set of six or seven songs?
(just speculating)

Posted by: rbk ()
Date: February 18, 2015 18:12

For what it's worth, a friend of mine, who has been a long time employee of the promoter we all love to hate, told me yesterday, "They are indeed doing (central Great Lakes area, major city) stadium... Not ours" (as in not our show).

Where I live the promoter we all love to hate typically puts shows in the NFL football stadium. The competing promoter we all love to hate employs the nearby AL baseball park.

Parking is the same for either and there's an eight day open window in the second to third week of June for the baseball venue.

WOOOT!

Date: February 18, 2015 18:29

dcba
Or are we going to have stadium shows with a B-stage "Fingers" mini-set of six or seven songs?
(just speculating)

great speculation!

Posted by: mr edward ()
Date: February 18, 2015 18:32

rebelrebel
I can't see Sticky Fingers orientated sets happening in stadiums which always tend to be more greatest hits events. So my feeling is that there may be a mix of arena shows with a Sticky Fingers set and stadium shows with the usual format. But of course it's all speculation at this point.

Brown Sugar
Bitch
Wild Horses
Can't Your Hear Me Knocking
Sway
Dead Flowers

6 SF songs, 18 songs in total per concert. You could call that a SF-show.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3132333435363738394041...LastNext
Current Page: 36 of 168

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1038
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home