Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3031323334353637383940...LastNext
Current Page: 35 of 168
Re: The Rolling Stones live in 2015
Posted by: Rollin92 ()
Date: February 17, 2015 18:20

bv
Tell your family you want to rest at home

UK? spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: February 17, 2015 18:35

bv

The Tour in North America this summer will be a great memory for anyone who love the Rolling Stones. More than great.

Not quite: For those in Central Europe who will follow the Tour here live on IORR it means that the concerts take place in the middle of the night. The time difference is 6 - 9 hours between North America and CentralEurope. If the Stones are in North America on stage 8:30pm then it is 2:30am to 5:30am in Central Europe ....

Posted by: rbk ()
Date: February 17, 2015 18:40

They've shared touring techniques (and staff) in the past so maybe we can look at the AC/DC tour for clues:

* Stadiums only, only 18-19 cities

* No tix more than $125 with most of the house in the $90 range.

* No gold circle or pit bulls-t separating the haves and have nots.

* The "lucky drop" is still a thing if the AC/DC tix I got yesterday are indicative.

We can hope.

Posted by: fleabitmonkey ()
Date: February 17, 2015 18:47

BV thanks again for for this excellent site that we all love to log on to and get the most current news and insights into The Stones that we wouldn't find anywhere else. The latest news "Sticky Fingers Summer" is very exciting! I'm not usually hoping for the clock to move faster but June and July can't come fast enough especially in light of the latest hint. I completely understand and appreciate your wanting to hold back on some of the information you get so as to not ruin element of surprise. I am curious about the information coming out of Las vegas that this will be stadium tour. If you know and don't mind elaborating it would be much appreciated. My fingers are crossed for mostly arena's in North America

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: February 17, 2015 19:06

Wow, quite some news...was toying with the idea of a West Coast vacation this summer, might delay plans until some July dates leak!

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: mattbel ()
Date: February 17, 2015 19:18

If Pittsburgh would become a reality I'm going all in on this tour. Being single and young allows me to do so spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: Steinschlag ()
Date: February 17, 2015 19:24

mattbel
If Pittsburgh would become a reality I'm going all in on this tour. Being single and young allows me to do so spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Frank Zappa once had a great explanation why people (and he was talking about young / single men) go to a Rolling Stones show.... maybe you should give it a try spinning smiley sticking its tongue outspinning smiley sticking its tongue outspinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Have fun smileys with beer

------------------------------------------
"A smile relieves a heart that grieves..."

Posted by: mattbel ()
Date: February 17, 2015 19:33

Steinschlag
mattbel

Frank Zappa once had a great explanation why people (and he was talking about young / single men) go to a Rolling Stones show.... maybe you should give it a try spinning smiley sticking its tongue outspinning smiley sticking its tongue outspinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Haha, I know that explanation. It happened.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-02-17 19:37 by mattbel.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: February 17, 2015 19:39

I am as excited as a child. Like the next show will be my first Stones show. It always works like that so I am used to it. Just ask my wife, I go into zombieland as we get closer and closer to tour start. By mid May she will demand me to go.

Four months is a long wait, but I am dividing the wait into segments, like a marathon. First it is now twelve weeks and two days until May 14. Eightysix days. I do two high intensity biking hours per week so that is 25 biking intervals until May 14. To be fit for the tour, standing up and walking for hours, and to be fit for a few races in April/May.

On Thursday May 14 I will run the uphill race Storehaugen Opp. I do aim at a new personal record, would be great for the tour staying power. After that my calendar is wide open. Then it will be less than one months wait, probably a lot less. I just count to 25 now and soon we are on tour again. It will be a great summer in North America.

Bjornulf

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-02-17 19:40 by bv.

Posted by: Steinschlag ()
Date: February 17, 2015 19:43

mattbel
Steinschlag
mattbel

Haha, I know that explanation. It happened.

Well done, Bro smileys with beer

------------------------------------------
"A smile relieves a heart that grieves..."

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: February 17, 2015 20:22

bv

The Tour in North America this summer will be a great memory for anyone who love the Rolling Stones. More than great.

These surprises will be restricted to the North American tour or is it likely that they will maintain it on the following concerts, if they happen? Anyway, even if we didn't know exactly what will happen, I'm sure this summer will be great for those who can attend to their concerts. smileys with beer

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: February 17, 2015 20:25

Could it be possible they would bring both Bill and MT into the fold for performance of the entire Sticky Fingers record? A golden set within the show? They would play them in the order of the record, have vintage SF schwag and T-shirts and I could get seating in front of the stage just by being first in line. Freaky rock chicks with bell bottoms and tight tongue tees all around me, drugs that still worked and ears that were naive and highly impressionable, and...and...

OK I just woke up, but what a dream.

peace

Posted by: jazzbass ()
Date: February 17, 2015 20:43

bv

Don't go on a family holiday to Miami, Cancun or Spain this summer.

Too late unfortunately, I am booked for a trip to the north coast of Spain and France June 12-20. However, the rest of my summer is wide open and I will break the bank to see them perform Sticky Fingers (Or any album Beggars Banquet - Some Girls) in its entirety. A bonus would be to have Mick Taylor as a major contributor to the experience.

I must say, I'm happy they won't be playing Vegas. There are much more interesting places I'd rather travel to see them play.

Posted by: rbk ()
Date: February 17, 2015 20:45

Ah... Detroit.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: February 17, 2015 20:47

bv
I am as excited as a child. Like the next show will be my first Stones show. It always works like that so I am used to it. Just ask my wife, I go into zombieland as we get closer and closer to tour start. By mid May she will demand me to go.

Four months is a long wait, but I am dividing the wait into segments, like a marathon. First it is now twelve weeks and two days until May 14. Eightysix days. I do two high intensity biking hours per week so that is 25 biking intervals until May 14. To be fit for the tour, standing up and walking for hours, and to be fit for a few races in April/May.

On Thursday May 14 I will run the uphill race Storehaugen Opp. I do aim at a new personal record, would be great for the tour staying power. After that my calendar is wide open. Then it will be less than one months wait, probably a lot less. I just count to 25 now and soon we are on tour again. It will be a great summer in North America.

That's some fitness regime Bjornulf ! Perhaps on a a par with Mick himself's winking smiley ! I'm getting the impression, rightly or wrongly, that this will be a stadium tour. Unfortunately in the US they tend to have seats on the pitch instead of standing but will be well worth the trip, standing or not.

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: February 17, 2015 20:52

Bobby Keys has taken a big chunk of the legacy with him and I'm pained to think of CYHMK without him. That being said I firmly believe life is for us living and I'm certain those of us attending will have a splendid time. Now that's it's sunk in, Bobby's absence alone should shake things up a bit but bringing back Bill would make the stage more muscular and be great fun. B.W. does not play along with the band, he leads it and the one thing this show sometimes lacks is definition, so yeah he'd make a big difference and a big addition on songs like Sway.

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: February 17, 2015 20:55

jazzbass
bv

Don't go on a family holiday to Miami, Cancun or Spain this summer.

Too late unfortunately, I am booked for a trip to the north coast of Spain and France June 12-20. However, the rest of my summer is wide open and I will break the bank to see them perform Sticky Fingers (Or any album Beggars Banquet - Some Girls) in its entirety. A bonus would be to have Mick Taylor as a major contributor to the experience.

I must say, I'm happy they won't be playing Vegas. There are much more interesting places I'd rather travel to see them play.

Same here, have to take advantage of cheaper flights. But would take a look at a long weekend at either canada or the USA

Posted by: ricky70 ()
Date: February 17, 2015 21:01

Nate
ricky70 are you drunk ?

>grinning smiley<

Nate
.this certainly are drunk:-))) I'm sending messages with the phone and I do not see well where to click to replicate the answer .... sorry ....smileys with beer

Date: February 17, 2015 21:03

JumpinJeppeFlash
ricky70
..I thanked Traclefingers and answered DeathGod .... do not ask for more ... good summer and concerts .... 2015/2016

I have never asked you anything and i donĀ“t understand whom you are answering or what you are talking about.
I'm sending messages with the phone and I do not see well where to click to replicate the answer .... sorry ....

Date: February 17, 2015 21:10

DandelionPowderman
ricky70
..I thanked Traclefingers and answered DeathGod .... do not ask for more ... good summer and concerts .... 2015/2016

Quote them the next I'm sending messages with the phone and I do not see well where to click to replicate the answer .... sorry ....time, so we know what you're talking about, ok?

Date: February 17, 2015 21:17

DandelionPowderman

Yikes, that was pretty rough. Someone should teach Ronnie this tune before he's allowed to play it. Lost it's magic in this version although to be fair the recorded version was so perfect any reproduction would be hard to meet expectations. Let's hope for some serious rehearsals of this one before this summer. peace

Posted by: James Kirk ()
Date: February 17, 2015 21:28

I may be in the vast minority here, but I just can't get excited about a Sticky Fingers reissue/tour. I'm sure the extra songs (i call them new as they mostly are) will be good (Exile + SG were excellent) but why not put out some new material?

Posted by: kahoosier ()
Date: February 17, 2015 21:41

My faith in BV is such I have taken leave from 25 May through 29 June. He is no trickster. However the increasing news of stadiums only is starting to dull my enthusiasm. Its my own damn fault. I remember as recently as ABB friends like Beast and I being happy with row 4, 5 etc in a Stadium. Everything changed with the O2 shows in London that introduced the Pit. We are now spoiled, through the On Fire shows it was not good enough to be close, we had yo be UPFRONT ; if one person was between us and the rail, we started planning on how to prevent that at the next show. It became an almost predatory obsession.

At the Auckland Stadium show, there was no "pit" ticket, and many of the seats up front were sold as VIP. You got a bag of CRAP and row 6. To be honest, being front row at the catwalk still seems holy, but for stadiums there really is not that much difference between row 1 and Row 5. Row 5 Center is probably better than row 1 in the wings. Still, there is a sense of intimacy and urgency that is not there.

I'm glad that BV is giving us just enough news to keep our excitement level up without saying everything. Otherwise the idea of all stadium shows might delay the sense of urgency to attend. And make no mistake , its just not the Stones being in their 70's, its many of us heading into our 60's that make this urgent if you are a big fan. We are all within a few birthday celebrations of this being over in our lives,

If you want it, here it is,,,,ITS ONLY ROCK AND ROLL AND I LIKE IT!

Posted by: desertblues68 ()
Date: February 17, 2015 22:00

Dear iorrians in order to save money can you travel by cargo ship or work your fare by cleaning from the UK to the states?smileys with beer

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: February 17, 2015 22:14

Vegas is not the same as other markets. I would be surprised if they skip it for the reasons mentioned in that gossip item. We have already seen some incorrect "news" from there.

Date: February 17, 2015 22:30

desertblues68
Dear iorrians in order to save money can you travel by cargo ship or work your fare by cleaning from the UK to the states?smileys with beer

Sure, you can travel by cargo ship to the U.S. but it will almost certainly cost you more than a flight. Search for cargo passenger lines in Google for several options.

Posted by: Fredluvzstones ()
Date: February 17, 2015 22:34

A stadium concert in June or July in Las Vegas? They better have a lot of Ambulances ready. Of course once the sun goes down it won't be as dire but those that have been there all day to be up close will be having a rough go of it.

Date: February 17, 2015 22:48

Fredluvzstones
A stadium concert in June or July in Las Vegas? They better have a lot of Ambulances ready. Of course once the sun goes down it won't be as dire but those that have been there all day to be up close will be having a rough go of it.

You may have hit on the real reason a summer stadium Vegas show is unlikely, but Vegas at 100 deg is actually better than 85 deg with 80% humidity in other parts of the USA in July. The good part about it is that all the beautiful women will be scantily clad. eye popping smiley peace

Posted by: Chacal ()
Date: February 17, 2015 22:49

DoomandGloom
Bobby Keys has taken a big chunk of the legacy with him and I'm pained to think of CYHMK without him. That being said I firmly believe life is for us living and I'm certain those of us attending will have a splendid time. Now that's it's sunk in, Bobby's absence alone should shake things up a bit but bringing back Bill would make the stage more muscular and be great fun. B.W. does not play along with the band, he leads it and the one thing this show sometimes lacks is definition, so yeah he'd make a big difference and a big addition on songs like Sway.

'Bringing back Bill' ?

No chance in hell.

Date: February 17, 2015 23:05

Chacal
DoomandGloom

'Bringing back Bill' ?

No chance in hell.

Of course there is. They offered him a guest spot this last tour but his lack of more participation than a couple songs apparently caused him to decline. If they sweetened the pot with more tunes, especially in light of the Sticky Fingers music rumors, I think he'd be on board in a minute.

What I do think might happen though is they (and everyone else) might realize just how important Bill was to the best Rolling Stones sound, for better or worse. smoking smiley peace

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3031323334353637383940...LastNext
Current Page: 35 of 168

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1606
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home