Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2930313233343536373839...LastNext
Current Page: 34 of 168
Re: The Rolling Stones live in 2015
Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: February 17, 2015 08:49

Sticky Fingers this summer (on topic for this thread) and don't miss this tour?

That can only mean they are going to play the record live! hot smiley I don't want to get too excited unless I misinterpreted things, but damn this is good stuff. If this is also related to the closing of the No MT thread, even more exciting...

Am I dreaming?

peace

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: February 17, 2015 08:50

Stadiums can be a bummer...but better than nothing by far! Did the stadium
Shows have a pit section during the "14 on fire"?

Posted by: jammingedward ()
Date: February 17, 2015 08:51

I hope Mick T is along for the ride- they could make his showcase song CYHMK!

Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: February 17, 2015 08:59

bv
Sticky Fingers. This summer.

smileys with beer

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: February 17, 2015 09:25

Naturalust

That can only mean they are going to play the record live! hot smiley I don't want to get too excited unless I misinterpreted things, but damn this is good stuff. If this is also related to the closing of the No MT thread, even more exciting...

Am I dreaming?

peace

I hope you're not dreaming, but if you are I hope the dream takes place (at least in part) in the US!

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: February 17, 2015 10:05

bv

Aààgh! Finally!! a clubshow again!! And at Bill Wyman 's place... Great!! So London after all... smoking smiley

EDIT:

waterrats

Or they play the full SF with MT in Bill's SF in London this summer? smiling bouncing smiley

Sorry, Waterrats... I had not seen yet that you had allready beaten me to it, when I posted my remark.
Credit where credit is due!! winking smiley smileys with beer

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-02-17 10:14 by RoughJusticeOnYa.

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: February 17, 2015 10:05

Naturalust

Am I dreaming?

peace

They are going to play Moonlight Mile - live? THAT would be a dream!

Date: February 17, 2015 10:09

bv
I would never be off topic in this thread.

BV knows the moderator would never allow it... smiling bouncing smiley

Enjoy the suspense, fellow IORRians!

In know I do.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: February 17, 2015 10:57

Cristiano Radtke
Roadblock for The Rolling Stones to perform in Las Vegas

By Robin Leach
Monday, Feb. 16, 2015 | 5:04 p.m.

Those mid-June plans for a Rolling Stones concert in Las Vegas have hit a roadblock, and I’m told that unless the group changes its mind, the music legends won’t be appearing here.

Originally the British rockers led by Mick Jagger had planned to include Las Vegas as a U.S. “14 On Fire Tour” stop in their current world tour.

The date of June 13 was penciled in at the 16,800-seat MGM Grand Garden Arena, but it turns out that bookings as far away as Europe and Australia have been juggernaut sellouts — in stadiums.

So promoters and management have apparently decided that the group will only play stadiums, not concert halls or arenas.

Even though we have 40,000 seats at Sam Boyd Stadium with room for thousands more standing on the field (remember The Grateful Dead had 125,533 fans there for its final show in 1995), it appears for now that Las Vegas is in jeopardy and struck from The Stones’ current concert plans.

[lasvegassun.com]

This is interesting. The new arena show concept they introduced last time in the U.S. didn't turn out to be a winner concept after all. We know that they had some troubles last time and AEG wasn't too happy in the end, even though the tour was more or less sold out. So we are back in the traditional stadium concept. So I guess it is easier to get the needed, say, 5 million bucks, by filling up a (bigger) stadium with moderate ticket prices than a (smaller) arena with BarbraStreisand ticket prices. That's at least what they did in Europe.

I guess the simple promotor mathematics is (hypothetical simple figures): 50 000 x 100$ = 10 000 x 500$ = 5 000 000$

spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

(Or then the ambitious plan is that 'could we perhaps try to fill up the stadiums with BarbraStreisend ticket prices...')

- Doxa

Date: February 17, 2015 11:49

Doxa

(Or then the ambitious plan is that 'could we perhaps try to fill up the stadiums with BarbraStreisend ticket prices...')

- Doxa

...Great minds always go the extra mile... >grinning smiley<

Posted by: JumpinJeppeFlash ()
Date: February 17, 2015 12:55

bitusa2012
Naturalust

Am I dreaming?

peace

They have done that before, back in 1999smiling smiley

Date: February 17, 2015 13:32

Posted by: Rollin92 ()
Date: February 17, 2015 13:40

little queenie
bv

smileys with beer

Or BW will have some involvement somewhere?

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: February 17, 2015 14:15

JumpinJeppeFlash

bitusa2012

They have done that before, back in 1999smiling smiley

And have rehearsed it on February 7 & 10, 2014 in Paris: [www.iorr.org] smiling smiley

Posted by: ricky70 ()
Date: February 17, 2015 14:29

... thanks ... but I can not say more ....

Date: February 17, 2015 14:31

... thanks ... but I can not say more .... times ... dates ... ........ city location ... wait and see ....

Date: February 17, 2015 14:43

ricky70
... thanks ... but I can not say more .... times ... dates ... ........ city location ... wait and see ....

Thanks for what?

Date: February 17, 2015 14:50

..I thanked Traclefingers and answered DeathGod .... do not ask for more ... good summer and concerts .... 2015/2016

Date: February 17, 2015 15:03

ricky70
..I thanked Traclefingers and answered DeathGod .... do not ask for more ... good summer and concerts .... 2015/2016

Quote them the next time, so we know what you're talking about, ok?

Date: February 17, 2015 15:07

ricky70

I have never asked you anything and i don´t understand whom you are answering or what you are talking about.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: February 17, 2015 15:13

bitusa2012

They rehearsed it (with MT) in Paris exactly one year ago. And it was fine.

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: February 17, 2015 15:31

ricky70 are you drunk ?

>grinning smiley<

Nate

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: February 17, 2015 16:05

dcba

bitusa2012

They rehearsed it (with MT) in Paris exactly one year ago. And it was fine.

Exactly one year ago around this time they sat in the Tour Jet on the way to Abu Dhabi: [www.iorr.org] winking smiley

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: February 17, 2015 16:21

JumpinJeppeFlash
grzegorz67
JumpinJeppeFlash
ricky70
you can not wait? ..... you do not trust? BV is a great person ... a good professional ..... and ..... can not say anything as I do not tell you anything more .....

Already seen them 10 times on this long tour since 2012, so there is no problem waiting at all. All i'm saying is that the only reliable source here is BV. I don't care at all where you find your information but it's not reliable and BV haven't even mentioned London lately. Sorry but your information=0.

10 ? Wow - that's impressive! 6 for me. You may recall that I sold you my spare ticket for Hyde Park 2 Jeppe smileys with beer
Like you, I place my faith in bv but STILL hoping times 10 for London. If not though I will travel as I'm getting severe Stones withdrawal symptoms... winking smiley

I do remember you very well, i bought that ticket for my girlfriend and that show July 13 was truly amazing like so many off us who were there remember. Even more fantastic that the Blu-ray was filmed that night (except for satisfaction). To be there with my girlfriend is something that i never will forget and i have to thank you for that since you sold me that ticket for my girlfriend!

smileys with beer

I was actually in Stockholm for the Tele2 show last year, Jeppe. I was at Stampen Jazz Pub the night before for the excellent 'Rocks Off' tribute band and quite a few of the Stones Vikings were there. I know you're a member and I asked after you and they pointed out that as a Gothenburger, you were travelling in on the day. Spoke to the young short-haired blonde chap, early 20s (much younger than all the rest!) who knew you. Are you planning to head to the US ?

Posted by: angee ()
Date: February 17, 2015 17:00

I don't want to believe there are only stadium shows. eye rolling smiley

Robin Leach isn't always right, eh?

~"Love is Strong"~

Date: February 17, 2015 17:01

grzegorz67
JumpinJeppeFlash
grzegorz67
JumpinJeppeFlash
ricky70
you can not wait? ..... you do not trust? BV is a great person ... a good professional ..... and ..... can not say anything as I do not tell you anything more .....

Already seen them 10 times on this long tour since 2012, so there is no problem waiting at all. All i'm saying is that the only reliable source here is BV. I don't care at all where you find your information but it's not reliable and BV haven't even mentioned London lately. Sorry but your information=0.

10 ? Wow - that's impressive! 6 for me. You may recall that I sold you my spare ticket for Hyde Park 2 Jeppe smileys with beer
Like you, I place my faith in bv but STILL hoping times 10 for London. If not though I will travel as I'm getting severe Stones withdrawal symptoms... winking smiley

I do remember you very well, i bought that ticket for my girlfriend and that show July 13 was truly amazing like so many off us who were there remember. Even more fantastic that the Blu-ray was filmed that night (except for satisfaction). To be there with my girlfriend is something that i never will forget and i have to thank you for that since you sold me that ticket for my girlfriend!

smileys with beer

I was actually in Stockholm for the Tele2 show last year, Jeppe. I was at Stampen Jazz Pub the night before for the excellent 'Rocks Off' tribute band and quite a few of the Stones Vikings were there. I know you're a member and I asked after you and they pointed out that as a Gothenburger, you were travelling in on the day. Spoke to the young short-haired blonde chap, early 20s (much younger than all the rest!) who knew you. Are you planning to head to the US ?

That´s right i was traveling in on showday and back the day after. I´m planning to see 3-5 shows in the US, hoping for MSG of course even though it looks like there will be a stadium tour.

Posted by: StonesCat ()
Date: February 17, 2015 17:36

angee
I don't want to believe there are only stadium shows. eye rolling smiley

Robin Leach isn't always right, eh?

Yeah, my interest level decreases the more the venue's attendance increases.

Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: February 17, 2015 17:36

bitusa2012
Naturalust

Am I dreaming?

peace

A real shame Bobby Keys is gone if this is going to be a StickyFingers DeLuxe Tour.
Sticky Fingers is the only album of which all songs (10) were played live in the past I just noticed.
Some warhorses or near-warhorses: Brown Sugar, Wild Horses, Bitch, Dead Flowers.
Some rare and very rare: Sway, Can't You Hear Me Knocking, You Gotta Move, I Got The Blues, Sister Morphine and Moonlight Mile.
Also interesting is the question will they do "new" songs from the BONUS-CD. Then they might play Plundered My Soul also...thumbs up

Posted by: bv ()
Date: February 17, 2015 17:59

The main reason why I started IORR back in 1980 was to supply first hand information to Stones fans, so that they would not miss out on shows, releases or any other interesting events. Over the time I have been getting more and more information, and there will always be a need to balance the importance of information vs the value of the surprises the Rolling Stones deserve on any new tour.

I have the freedom to say and write anything I will, but on the other hand I want the band I love to have some secrets and some surprises for the fans. If you are a biug fan you will understand how important it is to be able to follow some parts of the tour this summer - I keep saying that. On the other hand I don't want to spell out stuff loud and clear so that any press person could replicate it and blow the surprises many love. So it is a balance.

Don't go on a family holiday to Miami, Cancun or Spain this summer. You will be stuck there as a Stones fan. Tell your family you want to rest at home, and why not have a nice little holiday in USA this summer? Tell them you will decide when the weather is warmer and summer prices are out. By then you will know more.

The Tour in North America this summer will be a great memory for anyone who love the Rolling Stones. More than great.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Keefy ()
Date: February 17, 2015 18:06

Thanks BV..Im holding off setting my vacation plans( I have to go to Vegas and LA in June/July and Im in Texas) until I hear an announcement..I missed the last round of US dates, Ive seen the Stones every tour since 81 Dallas...Cant wait for this round! Im hoping an announcement comes soon, but expect for announcement in April/May...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-02-17 18:19 by Keefy.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2930313233343536373839...LastNext
Current Page: 34 of 168

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1786
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home