Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1718192021222324252627...LastNext
Current Page: 22 of 168
Re: The Rolling Stones live in 2015
Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: January 16, 2015 01:32

After all this talk here on the Stones tour, I take it there will be no announcement til early March that is my take, that is fine with me. I have my money saved up to see them already 2 or 3 times and will travel. Hopefully the NW will get its share of shows this round.

Posted by: ROPS ()
Date: January 16, 2015 02:31

Stayed at The Penn,two nights when taking my daughter to FIT,the worst hotel ever,on the second night,l raised hell and some Russian manager at the front desk,changed my room,NEVER AGAIN....

"You know who l am, say it"

Posted by: EJM ()
Date: January 16, 2015 02:41

So Mick is now in Panama

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: January 16, 2015 13:29

EJM
So Mick is now in Panama

It was rumoured some years ago that Mick had purchased a property, in Pedasi, I believe.

Posted by: gimmelittledrink ()
Date: January 16, 2015 17:13

I stayed at the Hotel Penn once and there were mice in the room. A real fleabag.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: January 16, 2015 17:58

EJM
So Mick is now in Panama

How do you know this. I might have missed something, probably..
Jeroen

Date: January 16, 2015 18:41

corriecas
EJM
So Mick is now in Panama

How do you know this. I might have missed something, probably..
Jeroen

[www.telemetro.com]

Posted by: jjo ()
Date: January 16, 2015 23:42

alhavu1
chriseganstar
atip
bv
I have pre-paid a hotel room at the Hotel Pennsylvania across the street from MSG for the next five years. Sooner or later the Stones MIGHT show up for a new years day show, I would not miss it, and that hotel is just "lovely" you know. Just check out Tripadvisor and you will understand. For those who are about to do the same, please think twice though... In fact, don't ever pre-pay anything when it comes to the Stones - at least not flights and hotels.

LOL. The reviews for that place are hilarious. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out One was something like, if you get a choice to stay here or sleep in the gutter, choose the gutter, it's much nicer. A buddy of mine stayed there when The Who did three shows at MSG. I stayed with him for one night and the place was like a flop house from a 1970's detective show.[/q

We stayed there when we went to see the Stones at MSG and then Giants stadium a few years ago !!!!.....massive room with fantastic NY views and....bloody cheap for the location. You get what you pay for, but at the end of the day how much time do you actually spend in your Hotel room apart from sleeping !

It is a disgusting hotel
This place is very popular WITH THE BED BUGS "Don'T Mind the Maggots"

Posted by: jjo ()
Date: January 16, 2015 23:43

alhavu1
Hotel Penn = scary place!
Mickscarey your alter ego ?

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: January 17, 2015 00:00

First rumbles are afoot that The Rolling Stones are planning a U.S. tour next summer and that a June stop is set for Las Vegas. No other details yet.

[www.lasvegassun.com]

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: January 17, 2015 00:15

I wonder if Cuba might be in the frame, now that (politically) things are easing up a bit.
They have a rich musical culture of course.

Posted by: buffalo7478 ()
Date: January 17, 2015 00:44

jlowe
I wonder if Cuba might be in the frame, now that (politically) things are easing up a bit.

Very rich musical history. But I am guessing that what counts for getting a tour stop is how much of a guarantee is available.

Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: January 17, 2015 00:51

THE ROLLING STONES LIVE 2015..................thumbs upthumbs upthumbs up!
South-America hot smiley for sure). Sir Jagger doin' the dealin' right now.
Too much traveling for me. Happy to follow news thru and thru through IORR.
London 2012 and 2013, Berlin 2014 were GREAT.
Werchter 2014 was one too much for me.

I am waiting, I am waiting, I am waiting for an other DELUXE release........

Posted by: Wild Slivovitz ()
Date: January 17, 2015 02:07

Well, although the audience sucked the performance in Werchter has been really good!

Let's see if this South American deal will be completed. I hope so!

Posted by: waterrats ()
Date: January 17, 2015 02:59

Wild Slivovitz
Well, although the audience sucked the performance in Werchter has been really good!

Let's see if this South American deal will be completed. I hope so!

Yeah. Been in Werchter too - really good show! Actually, the band played at their peak last year, IMHO, given their age and stuff... more precicely: they blew me away three times and that's all I got to see of them last year.

So if they continue to travel and gig, we're simply blessed!

Cheers,
Johannes

Posted by: buffalo7478 ()
Date: January 17, 2015 06:08

ROPS
Stayed at The Penn,two nights when taking my daughter to FIT,the worst hotel ever,on the second night,l raised hell and some Russian manager at the front desk,changed my room,NEVER AGAIN....

Stayed at the Penn once when stuck in NYC overnight on business and it was close by and available...everything else I had tried was booked. The place was once a great hotel, though that was 80 years ago.

It is the only hotel I have stayed at where I slept with my clothes (including Winter coat) on, on TOP of the blankets, distancing myself from the mattress. The door would not close properly and would not lock, so I have to put a chair against it. Amazing what $99 a night gets you in NYC!

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: January 17, 2015 11:24

waterrats
Wild Slivovitz

Yeah. Been in Werchter too - really good show!

Cheers,
Johannes

+1 thumbs upthumbs upthumbs up

Posted by: Freejack ()
Date: January 17, 2015 13:19

I really doubt the Stones will be on the Vegas Rock in Rio shows. Looks like Tickets are already selling, so contracts are already drawn up to pay some very expensive acts. Why would the Promoter pay $$$ to add the Stones?
I am hoping, but not feeling this one.

Date: January 17, 2015 14:08

jlowe

Since the Stones seem very keen about playing countries they have never played in before, I'm thinking that the Stones would love to play Cuba. I just don't think the Cuban economy is strong enough to make the numbers work. I hope I'm wrong. I would love to see the Stones play in Cuba!

Posted by: waterrats ()
Date: January 17, 2015 23:19

its good to be anywhere
Since the Stones seem very keen about playing countries they have never played in before, I'm thinking that the Stones would love to play Cuba. I just don't think the Cuban economy is strong enough to make the numbers work. I hope I'm wrong. I would love to see the Stones play in Cuba!

I would love to see them play Cuba.Sadly, I doubt that it'll happen...

Posted by: DoctorFreddie ()
Date: January 18, 2015 01:09

salt of the red rocks

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: January 18, 2015 03:11

Cuba is very poor. A sellout may be difficult even at 1980 concert prices.

Date: January 18, 2015 03:25

swimtothemoon

As a Cuban l can tell you they will never play there,first there are not independent promoters in the Island,the government controls,who plays and what,they will never pay what The Stones demand for a concert,also not many Cubans even know or care about The Rolling Stones,the younger generation are into Hip Hop,Reggaeton,and Salsa,and the older ones don't have the money to pay for tickets,or they emigrated to the USA,when The Stones play Miami,you see many older Cubans attending...

Posted by: Ladykiller ()
Date: January 18, 2015 17:17

ROPS
swimtothemoon

As a Cuban l can tell you they will never play there,first there are not independent promoters in the Island,the government controls,who plays and what,they will never pay what The Stones demand for a concert,also not many Cubans even know or care about The Rolling Stones,the younger generation are into Hip Hop,Reggaeton,and Salsa,and the older ones don't have the money to pay for tickets,or they emigrated to the USA,when The Stones play Miami,you see many older Cubans attending...

I remember that Audioslave did a concert in Cuba in 2005. I believe this concert was for free (but I'm not sure). The Rolling Stones did once a free concert in Rio de Janeiro, why not also in Havanna?

Posted by: alhavu1 ()
Date: January 18, 2015 20:31

jjo
alhavu1
Hotel Penn = scary place!
Mickscarey your alter ego ?

????????????????????

Posted by: bv ()
Date: January 18, 2015 21:39

The free concert i Rio de Janeiro was sponsored by the city and by the mobile operator. I remember all the extra mobile masts there, they must have done millions of text messages and phone calls. With one and a half million people on the beach and in the city phoning each others, eating food and drinking beer, it is bug business, both for the city and for the mobile operator. it is win-win and they can pay the Stones for the travel cost etc.

Cuba and Havana is a great place, and I would love to see a crowd of a million or so at a free Stones show at Placa de Revolucion. But... there is no economy in it. The covernment can't pay for it and there is no way the locals will spend millions on phone calls and text messages. Still it could be in our dreams...

Bjornulf

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-01-18 21:41 by bv.

Date: January 19, 2015 01:49

bv
The free concert i Rio de Janeiro was sponsored by the city and by the mobile operator. I remember all the extra mobile masts there, they must have done millions of text messages and phone calls. With one and a half million people on the beach and in the city phoning each others, eating food and drinking beer, it is bug business, both for the city and for the mobile operator. it is win-win and they can pay the Stones for the travel cost etc.

Cuba and Havana is a great place, and I would love to see a crowd of a million or so at a free Stones show at Placa de Revolucion. But... there is no economy in it. The covernment can't pay for it and there is no way the locals will spend millions on phone calls and text messages. Still it could be in our dreams...

Bv is right,it would be fantastic if The Stones did it,but it won't happen,the government controls everything,and the economy is in very bad shape,with the new opening between Washington and Havana,hopefully down the line,well known bands will play in Cuba...

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: January 19, 2015 23:36

From their Facebook page, the Rock in Rio people are saying that this is basically the lineup. The rock fans are pretty upset - sounds like a lot of people are traveling quite a distance to see Metallica primarily but were expecting a decent headliner the night before.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: January 22, 2015 09:19

So, some kind of announcement a month away? Any insiders around here?

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: January 22, 2015 16:52

Metallica is a @#$%& great live band.

I would love to see them or The Rolling Stones in MY backyard...
Just saying.
In 2015.

smoking smiley

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1718192021222324252627...LastNext
Current Page: 22 of 168

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2514
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home