Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1920212223242526272829Next
Current Page: 27 of 29
Re: Oslo 26 May 2014 Rolling Stones show live updates
Posted by: dcba ()
Date: May 28, 2014 14:42

My own humble assessment is that, after the Oslo gig, the moral among the IORR troops is very high!

Thank you, boys in the band! thumbs up

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-05-28 14:45 by dcba.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: May 28, 2014 15:22

Worried About You was one of the many highlights of this great show.

Mick put his all into this song.

So much emotion,feeling and compassion all came through to most of us who were there that night. thumbs up

Posted by: djgab ()
Date: May 28, 2014 15:23

great version of worried about you !
lot of feeling and quite good solo from Ronnie
I'm sure it will improve through the next european gigs

Posted by: tioms ()
Date: May 28, 2014 15:24

Hi, I do not care about setlist, as long as they play the songs well ,that's good for me.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-10-22 17:37 by tioms.

Posted by: GS1978 ()
Date: May 28, 2014 15:33

Mick gave such a beautiful, soulful performance on Worried About You.
They really seem to enjoy playing it.
Although the song dates back to the Black and Blue sessions it still feels fresh, alive and relevant.

I'm seeing the Paris show -- hope they play it there.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-05-28 15:36 by GS1978.

Posted by: MartinB ()
Date: May 28, 2014 15:39

Worried about you - one of my favourites, and this is a great version. Lucky you who could see it live!

Posted by: Bastion ()
Date: May 28, 2014 15:40

I find it completely and utter ridiculous that people can go and see the damn Rolling Stones live and find something to complain about.

Pathetic.

Posted by: MarkSchneider ()
Date: May 28, 2014 15:40

dcba
Whether you like it or not, MT is a "special guest" not a 6th member... Therefore his contribution must and will be minimal.

This policy meets Jagger's point of view : the Stones sahll never become a nostagia act. If MT was allwoed to play on ADTL or YCAGWYW people would say "oh they went back to the 72-73 formula".

Jagger would hate that...

Truly, some people have brain...hot smiley
And Jagger might hate such use of (his?) quotes

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2014-05-28 18:09 by MarkSchneider.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: May 28, 2014 15:41

crawdaddy
Worried About You was one of the many highlights of this great show.

Mick put his all into this song.

So much emotion,feeling and compassion all came through to most of us who were there that night. thumbs up

Yeah, beautiful and emtional version. Hope they play it in Stockholm !!!!!
Jeroen

Posted by: Lorenz ()
Date: May 28, 2014 16:25

Bastion
I find it completely and utter ridiculous that people can go and see the damn Rolling Stones live and find something to complain about.

Pathetic.

Why? Because it's ridiculous to expect to get a professional and high quality show if you are paying $200 or more? The Stones behave like a company so they will be damn well judged like one.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: May 28, 2014 16:28

Worried about you sounded great! A fine performance by,especially, Mick.

Posted by: Thommie ()
Date: May 28, 2014 16:41

About the setlist whiners:

I can understand opinions from the audience which was present at a specific show.
But 98 percent of the whiners were hundred or thousand miles away from the show. Is it that boring just to READ the setlist from a show from the other side of the globe?

Posted by: Mel Belli ()
Date: May 28, 2014 16:44

DandelionPowderman
Rambler was a blast:

Some great, funky comping by Ronnie around 4:45 that I'd never heard before. (Not on "Rambler," at least. Reminiscent of '75-'76.) That song continues to be like a tree of life for this tour's setlist.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-05-28 16:47 by Mel Belli.

Date: May 28, 2014 17:04

Midnight Rambler is a long, exciting door-opener into the amazing last part of the concert, where everybody's completely taken aback by the Stones. The song that takes the show from great to excellent thumbs up

Posted by: Bastion ()
Date: May 28, 2014 17:17

Lorenz
Bastion

Pathetic.

Why? Because it's ridiculous to expect to get a professional and high quality show if you are paying $200 or more? The Stones behave like a company so they will be damn well judged like one.

You're seeing a bunch of 70 year olds for Christ's sake; these shows are about as high quality as you can get for guys of their age.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-05-28 17:19 by Bastion.

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: May 28, 2014 17:24

Lorenz
Bastion

Pathetic.

Sure - but what parts exactly are considered unprofessional and/or low quality (artisticly or otherwise) in their shows, these days?
(and to those who reply that "Keith plays like a brain dead", & "We need more Mick Taylor!!", I'd say that they should check their dictionary on the actual difference between facts and opinions.
And to them I would also suggest: don't go there... nor come here, for that matter.)

And I think the majority of the people attending a Stones show during 14 on Fire will have paid around 100 US $ (approx. 85 euro), no? (With the possible exception, maybe, of some of the smaller gigs (like Waldbühne & Oslo f.i.)
(P.S.: I paid 95 euro to see Prince, yesterday. Moderate seats... Cheapest tic in the house was 70 euro. Great gig, btw. Worth every penny. Loads of warhorses... smoking smiley )

Since this is an ongoing reproach towards the band (and yup; I too think some of the prices that are charged are quite ludicrous): ...can someone figure out, for the sake of the argument, what the average ticket price (maybe per concert?) on this tour actually is? I don't have enough data to do so myself. That would be the best (if not: only) interesting argument in this whole debate - far, FAR more noteworthy than this constant blind focussing on the highest ticketprices...

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: May 28, 2014 17:29

DandelionPowderman
kleermaker
DandelionPowderman
He was indeed "set free" in Oslo as well.

The version was absolutely fantastic. What you mean is that Taylor wasn't as good as he was in Shanghai smiling smiley

If you don't see the difference ... He got much more room in Shanghai, even a second solo. Of course Taylor can play as good as in Shanghai. He also wasn't at the final bow I've read. That seems another indication to me.

The rehearsal week reports were great. I think I'd rather would be there than at the show itself.

These guys play by instincts on songs like MR. It was a 11:46 version, and I don't think it was deliberate that he didn't take a second solo, kleerie.

But I do, because he didn't get it.

Date: May 28, 2014 17:40

<But I do, because he didn't get it.>

By all means... Believe what you want.

As large parts of MR is improvisation/extending of parts as long as they feel like - I don't find it very likely that Mick picks up his harp for the second time just to play mind games on Taylor. But that's me smiling smiley

Posted by: Svartmer ()
Date: May 28, 2014 17:45

Bastion
Lorenz
Bastion

Pathetic.

You're seeing a bunch of 70 year olds for Christ's sake; these shows are about as high quality as you can get for guys of their age.

I think you show the Stones more respect if you actually have opinions about their performance, setlists and whatever. It´s the same with Neil Young or any other artist of their generation who are still out on the road, we expect a good gig. Besides, it´s a bit tiresome that the comments that aren´t completely panegyrical always gets the "whining" or "complaining" response. Isn´t this a discussion forum?

Posted by: Testify ()
Date: May 28, 2014 18:09

Thank you all for the great pictures and videos!
My thought is that now with the internet and youtube you think you can make a judgment from the couch on a concert, but the concerts are to be lived!

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: May 28, 2014 18:10

Svartmer
Isn´t this a discussion forum?

No. Celebration. Celebrate! We, who are merely worms in the presence of gods, we, the "masses", the "crowd", we, the simple people, how can we dare, even think of daring, to discuss the golden calf? Worship. Worship!

Posted by: MartinB ()
Date: May 28, 2014 18:11

alimente
Svartmer
Isn´t this a discussion forum?

No. Celebration. Celebrate! We, who are merely worms in the presence of gods, we, the "masses", the "crowd", we, the simple people, how can we dare, even think of daring, to discuss the golden calf? Worship. Worship!

Very good point

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: May 28, 2014 18:11

Bastion
Lorenz
Bastion

Pathetic.

I completely agree with that comment, and even more so with what TIOMS posted earler in the thread:

"Hi, I do not care about setlist, as long as they play the songs well ,that's good for me."

I've seen the Stones over 50 times; the show I saw in Philadelphia last year was great even though i have seen many of those songs over 50 times live.

IT'S THE PERFORMANCE THAT'S THE THING -- who said that? You go out and have a night of great music, that's what a show is about, not how rare the songs are. What they didn't play doesn't matter. Did they give me a night of great music? That's what I care about.

At the same time, people have the right to lament that they don;t play a wide variety of numbers, people have the right to view things differently than I do, that doesn't make them "whiners" or "complainers," just people who want different things. Why do people have to get so uptight and attack anyone who doesn't toe the line 100%. It is a joke.

I get that the Stones are going to play the set they play. That's what they do. I am on the side of those who say it is what it is and WAS THE MUSIC GOOD? that's all that counts. But I don't mind hearing from people who want something different. That's what a discussion board is for.

Posted by: Niek ()
Date: May 28, 2014 18:14

Not the setlist is boring. The discussion about it, is boring.

(Always took candy from strangers)

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: May 28, 2014 18:18

DandelionPowderman
<But I do, because he didn't get it.>

By all means... Believe what you want.

As large parts of MR is improvisation/extending of parts as long as they feel like - I don't find it very likely that Mick picks up his harp for the second time just to play mind games on Taylor. But that's me smiling smiley

I'm not talking about mind games.

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: May 28, 2014 18:29

kleermaker
DandelionPowderman
kleermaker
DandelionPowderman
He was indeed "set free" in Oslo as well.

The version was absolutely fantastic. What you mean is that Taylor wasn't as good as he was in Shanghai smiling smiley

If you don't see the difference ... He got much more room in Shanghai, even a second solo. Of course Taylor can play as good as in Shanghai. He also wasn't at the final bow I've read. That seems another indication to me.

The rehearsal week reports were great. I think I'd rather would be there than at the show itself.
Jagger got lost for a moment I think, that's all..

These guys play by instincts on songs like MR. It was a 11:46 version, and I don't think it was deliberate that he didn't take a second solo, kleerie.

But I do, because he didn't get it.

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: May 28, 2014 18:42

Svartmer
Bastion
Lorenz
Bastion

Pathetic.

I think you show the Stones more respect if you actually have opinions about their performance, setlists and whatever. It´s the same with Neil Young or any other artist of their generation who are still out on the road, we expect a good gig. Besides, it´s a bit tiresome that the comments that aren´t completely panegyrical always gets the "whining" or "complaining" response. Isn´t this a discussion forum?

Sure is, and so we discuss. I don't there's ever been a person who went a show, had a great time, then read the discussion on the forum and thought "Shit, maybe I didn't have a good time after all, I guess all that fun I had was only an illusion, if only I could take back all my applause and cheering, how could I have been so blind?". Doesn't happen. so what's the problem ,really? For people who post who went to show, it's always fun to hear their stories and their enthusiasm is infectious and heart-warming . The equally valid analysis of the show from the peanut gallery is also enlightening and entertaining and great to follow in real time. Everyone gets to be a part of it. It's a beautiful thing. Long may it run.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: May 28, 2014 18:57

Anyway...how much use did they make of the catwalk? Similar to HP, i.e. a bit of Mick, a bit of Ronnie and Keith and Mick during Miss You and quite a bit of Mick and Lisa for GS ?

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: Bellajane ()
Date: May 28, 2014 18:57

I love reading the reviews and people's opinions about the concerts...not to mention all the videos and photos that have been posted..thank you so much! When there are lengthy discussions and arguments, many times they do get heated and nitpicking, and many times I don't entirely agree with what's being said..but, what the heck, I can't complain as I find it all very interesting and a learning experience.

Posted by: The Worst. ()
Date: May 28, 2014 19:30

gotdablouse
Anyway...how much use did they make of the catwalk? Similar to HP, i.e. a bit of Mick, a bit of Ronnie and Keith and Mick during Miss You and quite a bit of Mick and Lisa for GS ?

Mick used it a lot. More than he did in London I would say.
I was standing right next to the catwalk, and he was out there dancing, clapping, smiling, singing and running frequently during the show.
It was more or less only during the first two songs that he didn't use the catwalk.
Even on Worried About You, he was out there to entertain the crowd.
Keith and Ronnie used it for some solos, but only on Miss You did they walk
all the way down to the platform at the end of the catwalk.
And of course, Lisa and Mick danced closely on Gimme Shelter.

Just have a look at this video from ca. 4.30 minutes to get an idea of how Mick used the catwalk.
It is the last song of the show, but Mick is still on fire.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-05-28 19:34 by The Worst..

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1920212223242526272829Next
Current Page: 27 of 29

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 815
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home