Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1516171819202122232425...LastNext
Current Page: 20 of 29
Re: Oslo 26 May 2014 Rolling Stones show live updates
Posted by: dcba ()
Date: May 27, 2014 10:52

michaelsavage
Sad sad sad set list. Oh well

This post is meant to be ironic, right? confused smiley

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: May 27, 2014 10:53

DandelionPowderman
The show was brilliant. Sloppy as hell, way too loud and in a room full of echo where the best sound in the house was supposed to be.

After a blistering set by the warm up-act, Big Bang, I was curious about how the Stones would follow. One simple answer: By turning up the volume - loud! (And Big Bang was loud as well, mind you).

Excellent review, DP, thanks! So nice to hear of the mutual support among the band. smiling smiley

And, since my Norwegian friend sent me some Big Bang videos, I've now become a fan of theirs, too. grinning smiley

Posted by: marclaff ()
Date: May 27, 2014 11:01

Thanks for your report Bart

Posted by: Perh ()
Date: May 27, 2014 11:07

[www.facebook.com]

[www.facebook.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-05-27 11:20 by Perh.

Posted by: Powerage ()
Date: May 27, 2014 11:09

Taylor only on MR and Satifaction ?

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: May 27, 2014 11:15

Anybody know if the northern lights poster will go general sale?

Posted by: bv ()
Date: May 27, 2014 11:19

odean73

The Northern Lights poster is sold as a litograph at N. kr. 750 which is US $130 or Euro 85. I think I will make my own poster from the source file, because I want it my own size and in a nice print. It is the best poster in years, capturing a lot about Norway and the Stones - stars, northern lights, trees, mountains, the date, the tongue, a real beauty.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Lorenz ()
Date: May 27, 2014 11:22

bv
odean73

The Northern Lights poster is sold as a litograph at N. kr. 750 which is US $130 or Euro 85. I think I will make my own poster from the source file, because I want it my own size and in a nice print. It is the best poster in years, capturing a lot about Norway and the Stones - stars, northern lights, trees, mountains, the date, the tongue, a real beauty.

Had the same idea, any idea where to get the source file?

Posted by: Lien ()
Date: May 27, 2014 11:24

odean73

[www.ebay.nl]

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: May 27, 2014 11:28

Thanks for all the info.

Don't fancy bidding for it, but will keep a look out for hopefully some more to appear.

Date: May 27, 2014 12:02

Powerage
Taylor only on MR and Satifaction ?

Yes. And not with the band during the final bow..

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: May 27, 2014 12:03

Little disappointed that they've stayed with a 19 song set. But for most Europeans, they heard many songs for the first times which is nice. First time for Doom & Gloom, Emotional Rescue and and CBS, and Worried About You is a great deep track. Good show.

Date: May 27, 2014 12:15

drbryant
Little disappointed that they've stayed with a 19 song set. But for most Europeans, they heard many songs for the first times which is nice. First time for Doom & Gloom, Emotional Rescue and and CBS, and Worried About You is a great deep track. Good show.

Some of the songs were longer than usual (All Down The Line, ER, Miss You). I think the show clocked in on 2hrs 10 min.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-05-27 12:15 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: May 27, 2014 12:23

DandelionPowderman
The show was brilliant. Sloppy as hell, way too loud and in a room full of echo where the best sound in the house was supposed to be.

After a blistering set by the warm up-act, Big Bang, I was curious about how the Stones would follow. One simple answer: By turning up the volume - loud! (And Big Bang was loud as well, mind you).

In short, the first half of the show was a bit shaky, with some exceptions:

- Worried About You was stunning!
- The rendition of Let's Spend The Night Together was probably the best I've ever heard
- Emotional Rescue was great fun, although Mick had some hearing problems (something he had quite a few times during the show - starting singalongs on the wrong beat etc.)

They had problems ending All Down The Line (which was a fantastic version anyway), and kept on playing forever, before Ronnie wrapped it up by pushing his effect pedal, playing the riff on his light strings to get Keith and the horns on track.

Then came Keith's set...

A lovely You Got The Silver. I like his other ballads, but on nights like these you'd want him to keep it in the setlist forever.

Can't Be Seen...
What a mess! What a lovely mess!! grinning smiley From the get-go, this is awesome. A guitar heavy version, with great singing from Keith. Then they get lost - or more correctly Keith gets lost, and Ronnie had a vague idea of what to do, but obviously wasn't quite sure smiling smiley What happened was that Keith just withdrew from it all, and kept on playing one chord. The rest of the band tries different solutions, because Keith didn't consider starting the next verse as an option. The Ronnie decides to step up. He moves over to Bernard and Lisa, points at Bernard and a couple of seconds later Bernard sings the beginning of the bridge, with Keith following a second later. All the same, this was a lovely experience of an organic band, who takes chances and creates music on the spot without taking themselves to seriously thumbs up

MR was great as always, and Mick Taylor played his a$$ off. He got great reviews in the norwegian press, and the ever-returning question of why they're not using him more was asked again.

And now, there is a reason why the warhorses get played everytime! My goodness, how good those songs were yesterday. This Gimme Shelter is up there with the best ones ever. Despite Mick's hearing problems, something he coped with by cutting words and by "speak-singing", his interaction and dueting with Lisa was simply amazing. Of course I'm biased by watching that from a couple of meters distance, but it was lovely - and the crowd was amazed.

We know the rest of the set, we heard the songs many times in concert - but when played well, those songs are the best songs in the world - and yesterday they were goose-bumpingly fantastic.

They added a new little gosple coda on YCAGWYW after the ending, which took the audience completely by surprise. That was brilliant thumbs up

Cheers to all the new IORR friends I've made during this week. It's been a gas! smileys with beer

Thank you for your persepective. I am always very interested in reading reviews from real musicians who notice the little things. Thanks DPM.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-05-27 12:24 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: DiamondDog7 ()
Date: May 27, 2014 12:28

Guys who attended the concert in Oslo... thank you so much for your reports! You rock! ;-)

Ok, about the setlist...
The setlist is not gonna change! I think. They will stick with the 'warhorses' and maybe 1 or 2 suprises. MAX. And Taylor will only play MR and Satisfaction, because they rehearsed it this way. No risk, easy songs, high energy.

I think we have to accept this. Little bit disappointing because we've seen the rehearsing list with great songs that never they've played live... but hey... let's just enjoy the whole thing anyway. This is it. thumbs up

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-05-27 12:29 by DiamondDog7.

Posted by: muenke ()
Date: May 27, 2014 12:44

So this was a cool Show, as it seems! As many others I would like to hear a 3rd song with Taylor, but I won´t complain anymore. As DiamondDog pointed out, this is the way they decided to Play and it´s OK for me (nowgrinning smiley) ... I´m just happy to see them 3 times in the next weeks and for sure we will have a few Shows with CYHMK or SilverTrain ...

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: May 27, 2014 13:10

dcba
michaelsavage
Sad sad sad set list. Oh well

This post is meant to be ironic, right? confused smiley

I suspect he's serious !!

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: May 27, 2014 13:21

DiamondDog
Ok, about the setlist...
The setlist is not gonna change! I think. They will stick with the 'warhorses' and maybe 1 or 2 suprises. MAX. And Taylor will only play MR and Satisfaction, because they rehearsed it this way. No risk, easy songs, high energy.

I think you are right, DD. Apart from the "fan's choice" 2 or maximum 3 songs will alter. All in the first 1/3 of the show. Personally I think the first 1/3 is really good and even exciting. If only they had the guts to break up the warhorse-studded second half. And I'm not a fan of the Keith section either. Basically I think it's boring and messy. And I don't think the "tourists" appreciates it either.

Date: May 27, 2014 13:29

Maybe it's only me, but when was the last time on this tour they played All Down The Line, Worried About You, Let's Spend The Night Together and Can't Be Seen again? 4 songs out of 19 that they rarely play - just saying.

Simply loved hearing ER for the first time in concert as well thumbs up

It would be madness, breaking up the second half of the show, imo. Someone could guest in there, though...

Date: May 27, 2014 13:31

Does anyone remember which song it was....one of the first (before Midnite Rambler) where Keith totally messed up his solo and Mick walks over a minute later and gives him a cheecky-yet-serious look of 'WTF was that?'??
Overall great gig, and some hilarious moments from Mick (abandoning Charlie halfway down the ramp....leaving a confused slightly frightened (and pissed off) legend pottering around trying to make his way alllll the way back to the drums).
Still, Keith let us down me thinks. Everyone else was playing their rear-ends off, Keith had been beffudled by the local goodies, and it unfortunately showed.

Posted by: barbabang ()
Date: May 27, 2014 13:32

Great rendition from YCAGWYW posted on youtube by Bjørn Brenne. Thank you Bjørn.

[www.youtube.com]

Date: May 27, 2014 13:34

RockandRollCircus
Does anyone remember which song it was....one of the first (before Midnite Rambler) where Keith totally messed up his solo and Mick walks over a minute later and gives him a cheecky-yet-serious look of 'WTF was that?'??
Overall great gig, and some hilarious moments from Mick (abandoning Charlie halfway down the ramp....leaving a confused slightly frightened (and pissed off) legend pottering around trying to make his way alllll the way back to the drums).
Still, Keith let us down me thinks. Everyone else was playing their rear-ends off, Keith had been beffudled by the local goodies, and it unfortunately showed.

HTW, although "totally messed up" wouldn't be accurate, imo. And, to me it looked like Mick and Keith smiled to eachother after the solo smiling smiley

Posted by: Wroclaw ()
Date: May 27, 2014 13:39

DP - How was Gimme Shelter Keithwise? due to some reason I cannot find any GS recording on YT...Thks.

Posted by: JK62 ()
Date: May 27, 2014 13:42

Before LSTNT Mick did a "snippet" of "Take On Me"

Date: May 27, 2014 13:48

Thanks DP. I wasn't meant to be harsh...maybe I was, although the solo did resemble one of those hurdle jumpers at the olympics who are doing great and then trip on the 3d to last hurdle spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
as seen here [www.youtube.com]

Posted by: Niek ()
Date: May 27, 2014 13:56

Thank you for telling this great story of Oslo, DandelionPowderman!
It let me see this concert so vividly.
I am looking forward to Pinkpop next week and, after reading your review, twice as much. So much love in it, so warm.
So happy to,see Mick again. It looks like he is having a great time too.

(Always took candy from strangers)

Date: May 27, 2014 13:57

Wroclaw
DP - How was Gimme Shelter Keithwise? due to some reason I cannot find any GS recording on YT...Thks.

Keith played lovely on GS. The intro was fine as well.

Date: May 27, 2014 13:57

RockandRollCircus
Thanks DP. I wasn't meant to be harsh...maybe I was, although the solo did resemble one of those hurdle jumpers at the olympics who are doing great and then trip on the 3d to last hurdle spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
as seen here [www.youtube.com]

Solo was fun. He was able te recover quickly. Big difference compared to the last tour. Beautiful capture by the way. Great colours. Thanks John 20301 for posting that video!

Have to say a great stage to look at!

Date: May 27, 2014 13:59

Who is going to start the topic : Oslo 2014 The Concert in videos?winking smiley

Posted by: Slim Harpo ()
Date: May 27, 2014 14:20

barbabang
Great rendition from YCAGWYW posted on youtube by Bjørn Brenne. Thank you Bjørn.

[www.youtube.com]

"Turn the bass down!" @ 3.13!! WTF! The bass is always too quiet!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1516171819202122232425...LastNext
Current Page: 20 of 29

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2217
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home