Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1415161718192021222324...LastNext
Current Page: 19 of 29
Re: Oslo 26 May 2014 Rolling Stones show live updates
Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: May 27, 2014 03:28

schwonek
Niek
Cristiano Radtke

WOW!!

Wow. Are these really cell phone pics?

some damn amazing photos I must say...thank you all...no video so far!

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: May 27, 2014 04:15

There's the video posted by Krister Viken (thank you!!) on Facebook, but I can't figure out how to post it here as it's not on Youtube. confused smiley

Posted by: geordiestone ()
Date: May 27, 2014 04:44

Thanks to everyone who helped transmit the action from Oslo, very grateful for that but i was wondering if Mick had any interaction with the crowd? Not read anything on that, but really pleased to see him looking well and just generally feel the world is a happier place when The Rolling Stones are on the road no matter where in the world. Don't ever stop guys. :-)

Posted by: BostonLass ()
Date: May 27, 2014 05:45

Here's Satisfaction - [www.youtube.com]

Posted by: DubuqueStonesFan ()
Date: May 27, 2014 06:57

Thanks everyone for the reports! Broke my fibula mowing the lawn and on crutches and in a walking boot. Was sitting at the computer feeling sorry for myself and I just remembered...Oslo!!!! Spent the last 15 minutes reading every post and I feel much better. It was nearly a year ago (Chicago May 31st) since my last Stones fix. Hope everyone in Europe enjoys the next few weeks! Thanks again for all the pictures and links!!!!

Posted by: pmk251 ()
Date: May 27, 2014 07:14

kleermaker
"«Midnight Rambler»

Sløseri å ha med seg den formidable gitaristen Mick Taylor, som spilte i Stones i deres beste periode (1969-1974), og ikke spille «Can't You Hear Me Knocking». Eller «Time Waits For Noe One». For eksempel. Da «Midnight Rambler» hadde sine øyeblikk i solen, på slutten av 1960-tallet, var det i symbiose med en dramatisk samtid (og bandets image som «onde»). I dag er den «bare» en ganske standard blues. Dette sagt blåser Taylor - en langt dyktigere gitarist enn både Richards og Wood - mer enn brukbart liv i den. Det samme gjelder Micks munnspill og dans. Det blir en godt over middels god fremføring av en overvurdert låt. Det er godt, veldig godt å både se og høre Taylor, en av rockens tapte sønner, igjen. De burde virkelig bruke ham mer.

I couldn't agree more. cool smiley

My Norwegian is rusty, but here is what I got: smiling smiley

Waste to have with them the formidable guitarist Mick Taylor, who played in the Stones in their best period (1969-1974), and do not play "can't You Hear Me Knocking". Or "Time Waits For No One". For example. When "Midnight Rambler" had their moment in the Sun, at the end of the 1960 's, it was in symbiosis with a dramatic day (and the band's image as the "evil"). Today, it is "just" a pretty standard blues. This said blowing Taylor-a far more proficient guitarist than both Richards and Wood-more than the usable life of the. The same applies to Mick's harmonica and dance. It will be a good over the medium-good performance of an overrated song. It's good, very good to both see and hear Taylor, one of rock's lost sons, again. They should really use him more.

An Oslo poem
Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: May 27, 2014 02:29

jeesus on hot iron

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-05-27 18:18 by Erik_Snow.

Re: An Oslo poem
Date: May 27, 2014 02:37

thumbs up smileys with beer

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: May 27, 2014 02:54

well thanks

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-05-27 18:17 by Erik_Snow.

Date: May 27, 2014 03:21

I thought it was a powerful and sensitively written poem. Anything banworthy, though, you're on your own! grinning smiley

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: May 27, 2014 06:42

Aquamarine
I thought it was a powerful and sensitively written poem. Anything banworthy, though, you're on your own! grinning smiley

Powerful and sensitively written poem indeed. Did you wrote this after Oslo concert, with all the emotional feelings or this was something that you had in mind for some time?

Posted by: Turd On The Run ()
Date: May 27, 2014 07:30

treaclefingers
EJM
MarthaTuesday
Green Lady
If the band's back on stage Keith can wear what the hell he likes. The wheels are back on the bus and we're rolling again...

I was thinking that! Although it really is an awful jacket...

Surely YSL have some attractive garments.....

maybe it's just that he didn't want Keith to get them dirty.

That is one freakingamazing picture! This is a 70 year old Mick jagger? One sees the 25 years old alive and well in that man...cannot wait until Zürich!!

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: May 27, 2014 07:35

Anyone up front can report on the height of the stage?

Posted by: like a rainbow ()
Date: May 27, 2014 07:56

proudmary
Beautiful picture!! Thanks!

Posted by: TE ()
Date: May 27, 2014 08:07

The Worst.
What a show. My ears are ringing. One of the loudest shows I can remember.
So much to tell about from this show, but I’m exhausted right now.
A few fresh memories:
It started with a bang. Keith’s guitar sound on JJ Flash was immense.
The sound was a bit blurry sometimes during the show, but most of the time it was great (and loud).
Mick was fantastic throughout the show. He was as energetic as ever before.
Worried About You was a great gem to hear live. Mick did a fantastic job on that one, and the crowd responded well.
I didn’t want LSPTNT to ‘win’ the vote, but it worked very well with loud guitars upfront.
Emotional Rescue didn’t work that well I think, the crowd didn’t seem to be into it, although Mick did a great effort.
Also nice to hear Can’t Be Seen. It started off really well, but Keith lost his way in the middle of the song,
not singing the second verse and chorus while standing there a bit confused, and was only saved by the bridge that came in too early by the band just to get him back on track.
Apart from that, Keith didn’t to any notable ‘mistakes’.
The overall energy and intensity throughout the show was remarkable. Can’t wait to see them again!
Just hope they give Mick Taylor another spot in the set list.

You wrote it for me, I will just sign...(thanks)
Add the heat in the Arena. Warm as a club gig.
So now I have ER as my 101th song live, but I can easily live without it in a set these days. 'Can't be Seen' was fun to get again but I'll take BTMMR or Happy anyday.
But they are back.

TE
Oslo

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-05-27 09:14 by TE.

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: May 27, 2014 08:16

drbryant
Anyone up front can report on the height of the stage?

Yeah...love to know this. Row A in Adelaide and I have a 4'10" wife....WILL SHE see anything?? WILL I see anything?????

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: May 27, 2014 08:42

Someone wrote about interactive from Mick.
There was a lot of that several times through the gig, and he spoke Norwegian must be half dozen times or more.
He also smiled when little things went wrong like Keith making a mistake now and then.
Mick had so much energy in this show and haven't seen him run and dance so much for a long time.

And it was hot,hot,hot.
You could see on the video screens they were all sweating up on stage.

Just like us standing or seated. Very warm. smileys with beer

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: May 27, 2014 09:30

some additional press reports:

[www.torontosun.com]

[www.ed.nl]

[www.aftonbladet.se]

[qn.quotidiano.net]

more to find at google news

Posted by: BBrew ()
Date: May 27, 2014 09:35

crawdaddy
Just got back to hostel 20 minutes walk from arena.
Gotta say it was a great show, with a very friendly atmosphere, both from the audience and The Stones.
Got really lucky on the Lucky Dip with what I consider the best seats in the house.
Block E halfway up and less than halfway in from stage side.
Very good allround view and sound.
Just as I had collected them,a TV crew were there talking in Norwegian.
I told them I was English and did they want me to open envelope in front of camera.
He said yes if possible and could not hide my joy as I knew they were good.

Had a great day and got early start tomorrow as I have a flight to catch mid day. >grinning smiley<

Congrats Tony smileys with beer

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: May 27, 2014 09:44

Hello my Croatian friend from Dubrovnik.
I'm sure that is where you told me you come from all those years ago in very hot Budapest.
Hope you and your family are keeping well and are you going to any show in Europe ?
It would be good to see you again. thumbs up

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: May 27, 2014 10:21

Mick is looking strong.

Posted by: thecitadel ()
Date: May 27, 2014 10:24

I am 5ft 10 and was standing at the front barrier of the Pit. I couldn't see Charlie's drum stand or Ronnie's amps but everything else. I guess the stage height at 6 ft - thats 1.83m for the metric folks. The view was great for me.

Not sure about how high it will be for a big outdoor event, but Telenor is a full size football pitch, not your normal arena, so a long and wide floor area

Posted by: MRAmandaJones ()
Date: May 27, 2014 10:25

Pics are great!

Posted by: Salan ()
Date: May 27, 2014 10:30

from Bild.de

Posted by: thecitadel ()
Date: May 27, 2014 10:30

a few other comments before I write a review for BV to post

- they should call the tour Jagger on Fire - he was amazing

- Keith, Ronnie, Charlie especially giving him lots of "support" - interaction between Mick and Keith extremely warm

- Can't be Seen went a bit wobbly - Ronnie & Chuck working to bring it back on line: if you don't take risks with a few songs you don't get rarer one

- Worried about You - love this song, and I suspect this is the big "emotional" song for Mick - and he excelled. Keith clapped him at the end, and kept close most of the song for support.

- It was hot (hey this is Oslo...)

For a tour opener, short recent rehearsals, all the trauma of the last couple of months - and outstanding performance, full of passion.

Posted by: Powerage ()
Date: May 27, 2014 10:37

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-05-27 10:43 by Powerage.

Posted by: 1962 ()
Date: May 27, 2014 10:40

Thanks from Hungary!

Love the new stage.

Date: May 27, 2014 10:40

The show was brilliant. Sloppy as hell, way too loud and in a room full of echo where the best sound in the house was supposed to be.

After a blistering set by the warm up-act, Big Bang, I was curious about how the Stones would follow. One simple answer: By turning up the volume - loud! (And Big Bang was loud as well, mind you).

In short, the first half of the show was a bit shaky, with some exceptions:

- Worried About You was stunning!
- The rendition of Let's Spend The Night Together was probably the best I've ever heard
- Emotional Rescue was great fun, although Mick had some hearing problems (something he had quite a few times during the show - starting singalongs on the wrong beat etc.)

They had problems ending All Down The Line (which was a fantastic version anyway), and kept on playing forever, before Ronnie wrapped it up by pushing his effect pedal, playing the riff on his light strings to get Keith and the horns on track.

Then came Keith's set...

A lovely You Got The Silver. I like his other ballads, but on nights like these you'd want him to keep it in the setlist forever.

Can't Be Seen...
What a mess! What a lovely mess!! grinning smiley From the get-go, this is awesome. A guitar heavy version, with great singing from Keith. Then they get lost - or more correctly Keith gets lost, and Ronnie had a vague idea of what to do, but obviously wasn't quite sure smiling smiley What happened was that Keith just withdrew from it all, and kept on playing one chord. The rest of the band tries different solutions, because Keith didn't consider starting the next verse as an option. The Ronnie decides to step up. He moves over to Bernard and Lisa, points at Bernard and a couple of seconds later Bernard sings the beginning of the bridge, with Keith following a second later. All the same, this was a lovely experience of an organic band, who takes chances and creates music on the spot without taking themselves to seriously thumbs up

MR was great as always, and Mick Taylor played his a$$ off. He got great reviews in the norwegian press, and the ever-returning question of why they're not using him more was asked again.

And now, there is a reason why the warhorses get played everytime! My goodness, how good those songs were yesterday. This Gimme Shelter is up there with the best ones ever. Despite Mick's hearing problems, something he coped with by cutting words and by "speak-singing", his interaction and dueting with Lisa was simply amazing. Of course I'm biased by watching that from a couple of meters distance, but it was lovely - and the crowd was amazed.

We know the rest of the set, we heard the songs many times in concert - but when played well, those songs are the best songs in the world - and yesterday they were goose-bumpingly fantastic.

They added a new little gosple coda on YCAGWYW after the ending, which took the audience completely by surprise. That was brilliant thumbs up

Cheers to all the new IORR friends I've made during this week. It's been a gas! smileys with beer

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-05-27 10:51 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: BBrew ()
Date: May 27, 2014 10:42

crawdaddy
Hello my Croatian friend from Dubrovnik.
I'm sure that is where you told me you come from all those years ago in very hot Budapest.
Hope you and your family are keeping well and are you going to any show in Europe ?
It would be good to see you again. thumbs up

Hey Tony. Thank you for good wishes, hope you are doing fine too. I'm going to see them in Vienna. It would be good to see you again. Are you going to more concerts? It was a great night in hot Budapest!

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: May 27, 2014 10:51

Great review DandelionPowderman.....I think I got the picture thanks

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1415161718192021222324...LastNext
Current Page: 19 of 29

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1410
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home