Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 2 of 61
Re: OT: World Cup 2014 starts in one month - IORR score prediction game
Posted by: 1962 ()
Date: May 13, 2014 15:25

Spain or Brazil or Argentina or Germany

My vote: Argentina will win the World Cup this year. (or maybe Spain again?)

Posted by: JJHMick ()
Date: May 13, 2014 15:28

Silver Dagger
JJHMick
Here's a football/soccer joke:
By chance, Pele, Franz Beckenbauer and Bobby Charlton die in the same moment and come up to Heaven. God welcomes them and they talk and laugh.

Suddenly Pele says: Dear God, they say that you know everything. Is that true?"
"Yes", says God.
"Then tell me when will Brazil will the World Cup?"
"Don't worry, they will be Champion in 2014 in Brazil!"
Then Franz Beckenbauer asks: Can you tell me when Germany will win the World Cup again?"
"Don't worry, Franzl, you just have to wait until 2018."
Then it's up to Bobby Charlton: "When will England win again?"
God starts crying bitterly...

Is that because God is an England fan?

Maybe he's for Gibraltar?! They join the European Football Championship tournament!

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: May 13, 2014 16:20

I hope to have this up and running later today guys.

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: May 13, 2014 16:31

Waiting for a sign of life from Hansie, the big man of the last pool competition.

Date: May 13, 2014 16:33

He has replied, but he hasn't found a webgame tool yet.

firebird found one, though.

Posted by: firebird ()
Date: May 13, 2014 18:33

I can really recommend the one i mentioned. It was used in the past for many prediction games i took part in. It's is free for up to 300 participants (should be sufficient), simple to use and available in a lot of languages (english, german, french, italian, dutch, spanish). All you need to participate is a E-Mail address (I haven't retrieved any spam from them in the past).

Date: May 13, 2014 18:47

firebird
I can really recommend the one i mentioned. It was used in the past for many prediction games i took part in. It's is free for up to 300 participants (should be sufficient), simple to use and available in a lot of languages (english, german, french, italian, dutch, spanish). All you need to participate is a E-Mail address (I haven't retrieved any spam from them in the past).

I've just registered with it firebird but it is asking me to invite other participants by email and not everyone on this site has given their email address. I've contacted them to see if there is any other way of getting other people to sign up.

With Rolling Hansie's version all you have to do was use a code to get into the league created for IORR and then register. I hope to hear latger if they can do that. If not I will need email addresses to invite guests.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: May 13, 2014 18:54

You can count me in.

Posted by: firebird ()
Date: May 13, 2014 18:55

You don't need to invite other people by E-Mail, just post the link here and everybody can sign up.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: May 13, 2014 23:51

Let's hope no more stadiums will collapse like in Sao Paulo - Corinthians Arena.

Posted by: leteyer ()
Date: May 13, 2014 23:58

Silver Dagger
The Stones like touring Europe when the World Cup is on. They did it in 82, 90, and 2006. I remember when they played one of the Wembley shows in June 1990 during Italia 90. Germany were playing England in that crazy semi-final and the roading held up cardboard to show what was happening during the penalty shoot out.

They also toured in 66, 70, 78,94,98 and 02

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-05-14 00:00 by leteyer.

Posted by: Single Malt ()
Date: May 14, 2014 00:04

About jokes: this footy anecdote was performed at Million Pound Radio Show by Andy Hamilton and Nick Revell in 1990 (World Cup Special).

Andy Hamilton interviewing Geoff Hurst and Emlyn Hughes (can't remember the actors who played those parts) and about the fact that England really didn't win the cup. MPRS also mocked Emlyn Hughes's way of talking.

It went something like this:

ANDY: You experienced the World Cup glory on that memorable day in 1966 when you became the only player ever to hit a hat trick in a world cup final.
GEOFF: That's right, great day.
ANDY: Yeah but the more you look at reruns, Geoff, you can see that your second goal didn't exactly cross the line
GEOFF: Well... Maybe so...
ANDY: Strictly speaking you didn't score a hat trick.
GEOFF: Well, that's not important. Even without that goal we won 3-2 and I got two.
ANDY: Absolutely point taken, Geoff, and that last goal, huh, you really smashed that on. Great shot.
GEOFF: Thanks.
ANDY: Even there were spectators on the pitch.
GEOFF: Sorry?
ANDY: Well, you remember? Some people are on the pitch cause they think it's all over. Techinally the ref should've stopped the game well before you hit that shot. So that's two goals each it should've been given.
GEOFF: Well, that still leaves us a pretty good header...
ANDY: That pretty good suspiciously offside looking header.
GEOFF: Oh come on, the linesman would've flagged.
ANDY: Would he? Think about that Russian linesman and his eyesight because he was the one who gave you the other goal that wasn't over the line. I'm sorry, Geoff, but objectively anyway you look at it none of those goals should've stood so strictly speaking you didn't score any goals in the '66 final and England lost 2-1.
GEOFF: No goals at all?
ANDY: Nope. A bit of a stinker really. How does it feel to let your country down like that, Geoff?
EMLYN: I must protest. In 1966 Geoff Hurst played brilliant
ANDY: ...ly!
EMLYN: And in 1970 Geoff Hurst played brilliant
ANDY: ...ly!!
EMLYN: No, Lee was disappointing in 1970. I think a lot of the players admitted they could've done a bit mucher
ANDY: More!
EMLYN: Oh no, Moore did play brilliant. But generally they should've played weller.
ANDY: You mean better?
EMLYN: No, Weller, Keith Weller. He's the right sided midfielder....
ANDY: Oh for christ sake, shut up...

Sorry for the long post but I find this always funny when I listen to it. Perhaps it's the fact that I support Scotland (and Finland of course) grinning smiley

Posted by: Torres ()
Date: May 14, 2014 00:08

Sign me in - pedroaveiro@yahoo.com

Not worried about the spam, already got tons of solicitationsfor enlarging my penis. Yahoo spam filter is pretty good.

Posted by: DoughboyUK ()
Date: May 14, 2014 06:03

Pretty sound prediction...woy and co wont be there after group stages..

Posted by: wandering spirit ()
Date: May 14, 2014 09:45

I´m in too!

Date: May 14, 2014 09:52

firebird
You don't need to invite other people by E-Mail, just post the link here and everybody can sign up.

Hi firebird,

Just checked and you are allowed 20 guests only. I have to look for another one. Will get on the case.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: May 14, 2014 10:42

Silver Dagger
Just checked and you are allowed 20 guests only.

Same problem with a few others I found. Still searching

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: May 14, 2014 11:06

I'm not going to predict anything because I can guarantee I'll be wrong, just wanted to reminisce about 1966 which was the last time I got excited about a football match that didn't (specifically) involve Liverpool. grinning smiley Though Single Malt's post up there was admittedly very funny.

Date: May 14, 2014 12:28

Aquamarine
I'm not going to predict anything because I can guarantee I'll be wrong, just wanted to reminisce about 1966 which was the last time I got excited about a football match that didn't (specifically) involve Liverpool. grinning smiley Though Single Malt's post up there was admittedly very funny.

Ooops, better be quiet about what a wonderful Sunday I had at the Etihad! grinning smiley

Date: May 14, 2014 12:30

Silver Dagger
Aquamarine

Ooops, better be quiet about what a wonderful Sunday I had at the Etihad! grinning smiley

angry smiley

Date: May 14, 2014 14:10

DandelionPowderman
Silver Dagger
Aquamarine

angry smiley

Plenty of Norwegian City fans at the game Dandy! >grinning smiley<

Date: May 14, 2014 14:26

Silver Dagger
DandelionPowderman
Silver Dagger
Aquamarine

angry smiley

Success is easily bought these days, I hear...

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: May 14, 2014 14:30

Well you should listen to my complains being a Cottager...sad smiley

2 1 2 0

Date: May 14, 2014 14:44

DandelionPowderman
Silver Dagger
DandelionPowderman
Silver Dagger
Aquamarine

angry smiley

Not that old load of rubbish. Money guarantees you nothing as Chelsea and Spurs have found out this season. The likes of Man Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs and Liverpool have been spending big for a lot longer than when City came into money. City attract major investment and the whole of football is in uproar because someone has crashed the party. They can all go to hell.

Date: May 14, 2014 14:45

Come On

The curse of Michael Jackson from the grave.

Date: May 14, 2014 14:59

Silver Dagger
DandelionPowderman
Silver Dagger
DandelionPowderman
Silver Dagger
Aquamarine

angry smiley

Not that old load of rubbish. Money guarantees you nothing as Chelsea and Spurs have found out this season. The likes of Man Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs and Liverpool have been spending big for a lot longer than when City came into money. City attract major investment and the whole of football is in uproar because someone has crashed the party. They can all go to hell.

Yep, you're a true fan! >grinning smiley<

Date: May 14, 2014 15:00

Silver Dagger
Come On

cool smiley Yeah I read long time ago he were involved in some strange way...last 15 years the team is build on oil-money...'Shake of Araby' (the fab four 1962)

2 1 2 0

Date: May 14, 2014 15:04

Come On
Silver Dagger
Come On

cool smiley Yeah I read long time ago he were involved in some strange way...last 15 years the team is build on oil-money...'Shake of Araby' (the fab four 1962)

Love it. smileys with beer

Date: May 14, 2014 15:27

Silver Dagger
Come On
Silver Dagger
Come On

Love it. smileys with beer

Me too even if I misspell...it should be 'Sheik of Araby'...smileys with beer

2 1 2 0

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: May 14, 2014 15:51

Just realised i will be in Paris when England kick off, anybody know if general tv will be showing it?

By the way try supporting Birmingham City going on about man city, liverpool etc

Avoided relagation with a 93rd minute goal and thought we had won the world cup Haha

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 2 of 61

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1764
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home