Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 6 of 61
Re: OT: World Cup 2014 - IORR prediction game - Sign up!
Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: May 28, 2014 00:04

Silver Dagger
kleermaker
firebird
BroomWagon
I have not had problems with the site and I was in another game where we had to fill out an excel spreadsheet and send a saved copy in on email. That seems even more complex.

Well, Nicos seems to have the same problems, thats already two. I worked as a software developer for many years and from my expirience i think it is only a matter of time when the next one will run into this problems. I came across other bugs on this site (see my previous posts) and I just don't have any confidence in this site.

Anyway, SilverDagger could not know of these problems when he decided to use this site and now that so many people signed up its probably too late to switch to another site (there are other sites where you don't have to use Excel winking smiley )

If you know a better alternative firebird, we can consider to change sites (if Silver agrees).

I don't mind but everyone would have to be in agreement.

Yesterday I try to fill in my prediction again now my name is 3 times in the list........just a minute ago I try to login but it says "That email address is already in use" yes that correct as this is me confused smiley

So looking for an other site would be ok for me

Date: May 28, 2014 00:47

I try to login again and noticed that I used the "sign in button" which I did the previous times so maybe that was the problem confused smiley all my prediction are visible now....not sure this is the same problem others have?

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: May 28, 2014 00:48

Silver Dagger
You have to complete all 3 rounds and save each one.

On the website it says: You can predict the result of the game right up until kick-off, so no need to predict all games at once if you don't want to

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: May 28, 2014 00:49

I predict I will waste an incredible amount of free time (and work time) watching games....and as Don Adams would say, "and....Loving It!"

Date: May 28, 2014 00:51

NICOS
all my prediction are visible

You are also visible in the list ... and only once smiling smiley
The only one with 2 entries now is RoughJusticeOnYa

-------------------

Date: May 28, 2014 00:55

NICOS
I try to login again and noticed that I used the "sign in button" which I did the previous times so maybe that was the problem

Sounds quite logical. Every time you sign in, you create a new account.
Once you have an account you just have to Login ... I think confused smiley

Edit: From the beginning I chose "remember me" or something like that. Every time I go to the site I am automatically logged in. I just filled in my prediction for the 2nd group stage and everything is still there.

-------------------

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-05-28 00:59 by Rolling Hansie.

Posted by: still ill ()
Date: May 28, 2014 01:03

Silver Dagger
BroomWagon
still ill
Silver Dagger
llargueras
I've been checking and I'm still there with my yesterday predictions.

Just a curiosity.
Going back to 1966, situation today is quite similar
In 1966 Atletico won the liga, in 2014 too.
In 1966 Real Madrid won the European Cup, in 2014 too.
In 1966 Betis went to second division, in 2014 too.
In 1966 Deportivo returned to first division, in 2014 too (they need one only point in the two next final matches).
So my predictions with Brazil 2014 are that Spain will be out after the first matches, as happened in England 1966, and Brazil being the host, will be the winner as happened with England in his 1966 Championship.
Of course the final Brazil-Germany.

Wow - that's some history going on there. And Spain out in the first round???

Also fulham got relegated and it was the last time a team won the fa cup from 2 down.

Austria won Eurovision as well.

It's written in the starsgrinning smiley

One commenter says Fulham was relegated in '67/'68, I will look it up later unless someone happens to know.

[www.friendsoffulham.com]

They were relegated in 67/68. My dad took me to see them play Man City that season at Craven Cottage. Bizarre series of coincidences though. Quite freaky.

Knew i shouldn't have trusted Twitter on that.

The dream is over.eye rolling smiley

Seriously, really looking forward to it. We wont win it but the squad is far more interesting than of late. Can't be worse than 2010 or 2006 for that matter.

Date: May 28, 2014 01:21

(EDIT) Answer to Hansie as Still Ill came in between grinning smiley

Yes it's logical but when I entered the site it already displayed my name and password so I only had to fill in my email because that was missing and then enter...I will see if I can remove an double account..........

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-05-28 01:22 by NICOS.

Date: May 28, 2014 01:24

i just checked but I don't see any double predictions ....so everything looks fine ............

Posted by: adotulipson ()
Date: May 28, 2014 02:13

I'm in and for now top oif the league Ha Ha

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: May 28, 2014 10:04

So I think we have sorted out the problems. 27 members and counting....really looking forward to it. Waiter, 27 more beers please! grinning smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-05-28 10:05 by Silver Dagger.

Date: May 28, 2014 10:26

smileys with beer

Posted by: firebird ()
Date: May 28, 2014 13:04

Looks like they fixed my account now thumbs up

RoughJusticeOnYa is still double winking smiley

Date: May 28, 2014 13:25

firebird
Looks like they fixed my account now thumbs up

RoughJusticeOnYa is still double winking smiley

I'm sure he'll sort that one out. Good to have you back in the league firebird. thumbs up

Re: OT: World Cup 2014 - IORR prediction game
Date: June 5, 2014 12:26

OK everyone - just a week to go. There's 28 in the league so far which ain't bad.

Some interesting friendly results already - Italy drew with Luxembourg 1-1 which means that Italy haven't won in 7 games.

England drew with Ecuador last night 2-2 and Germany drew with Cameroun 2-2 earlier in the week.

Re: OT: World Cup 2014
Date: June 10, 2014 12:50

Two days to go everyone. Can anyone see past Brazil winning it for a sixth time?

Posted by: BroomWagon ()
Date: June 10, 2014 20:11

Silver Dagger
Two days to go everyone. Can anyone see past Brazil winning it for a sixth time?

I honestly do not see Brazil winning it.

One of my favourite World Cups is 1998, simply because there was a new champion.

We might see that, Colombia, Chile could win. Some people say Argentina.

Spain! To the disappointment of everyone except Spanish fans.

I'm thinking, maybe Chile, I know that's not a very stylish pick, Chile hasn't even gone to that many World Cups, they did host 1962.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: June 10, 2014 20:42

I'd very, very surprised if we had a new winner this year! I mean how many times has there been a surprise winner in a WC or European Championship? Other than Greece in 2004 I really can't think of any...well maybe France in 1998 but they were at home and they had Zidane ;-)

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: June 10, 2014 21:49

go Greece !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Date: June 11, 2014 12:40

Hi all,

We got 31 members now in our IORR World Cup league. Anyone else fancy joining in for a bit of fun. It's not too late. You have until tomorrow to register.

If you want to join up then go to this site. www.predicttheworldcup.com

Fill in the code 10401 for the IORR World Cup 2014 league.

Date: June 11, 2014 12:53

Hello all!

It will be a very interesting world cup....although Brazil has bought the organization of this cup (and the cup itself), But it doesn't matter....very good matches ahead of us!

Date: June 11, 2014 13:13

Interesting to see what happenms with Spain because they have a difficult group with Holland and Chile, who for me are dark horses. Chiole recently beat England at Wembley and quite deservedly so.

If Spain finish 2nd in their group the likelihood is that they play Brazil in the first knockout round.

Likewise if Holland finish 2nd they will probably play Brazil. Both those matches would be amazing.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-06-12 11:38 by Silver Dagger.

Date: June 12, 2014 07:57

Today's the day - four weeks of football heaven - and quite possibly hell - starts tonight. Good luck to all taking part in the IORR prediction game. Opening game Brazil v Croatia tonight.

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: June 12, 2014 11:27

Silver Dagger
Interesting to see what happenms with Spain because they have a difficult group with Holland and Chile, who for me are dark horses. Chiole recently beat England at Wembley and quite deservedly so.

If Spain finish 2nd in their group the likelihood is that they play Spain in the first knockout round.

Likewise if Holland finish 2nd they will probably play Brazil. Both those matches would be amazing.

Any team that keeps the ball as well as Spain do will have a massive advantage in that South American heat and seeing as you say SPAIN may play SPAIN in the first knockout round then I predict that Spain will at least get to the second knockout round haha spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

I'm just getting ready to leave for Paris but I will join the football game now and be your 32nd member

Enjoy the football and any concerts your all going to,have a great summer.

Nate

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: June 12, 2014 11:51

I have just joined and I've been telling everyone for the last two years that Messi will win this World Cup so Argentina is my prediction smiling bouncing smiley

Nate

Posted by: llargueras ()
Date: June 12, 2014 14:23

the world cup is near to start. good luck to everyone.

Date: June 12, 2014 15:08

Nate
I have just joined and I've been telling everyone for the last two years that Messi will win this World Cup so Argentina is my prediction smiling bouncing smiley

Nate

Argentina is a good bet. If they win it in Brazil they will need the military to get the World Cup out of there and back home. >grinning smiley<

Posted by: resotele ()
Date: June 12, 2014 15:57

I joined the game, too. I support Belgium, even though I am from Switzerland. But the winner will neither be Belgium nor Switzerland, but MAYBE Argentina

resotele

Date: June 12, 2014 16:21

resotele
I joined the game, too. I support Belgium, even though I am from Switzerland. But the winner will neither be Belgium nor Switzerland, but MAYBE Argentina

resotele

Belgium is a dark horse as we say over here. Good for the quarter finals I think. But watch out, in 4 years if this team sticks together they could win it. They have the potential.

Posted by: michaelsavage ()
Date: June 12, 2014 16:23

USA has a real good shot

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 6 of 61

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2299
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home