Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5152535455565758596061...LastNext
Current Page: 56 of 117
Re: OT: AC/DC latest news and more - now with Axl Rose
Posted by: HonkeyTonkFlash ()
Date: April 18, 2016 18:14

Alice Cooper weighs in...
[www.rollingstone.com]

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: April 18, 2016 18:17

Kurt
Hairball

Still can't fathom Axl/DC...admittedly I'm not the world's biggest AC/DC fan (I prefer the Bon era), but feel like this is some sort of a cruel joke.
Maybe it will sound good (or maybe not), but the entire history of the band has been tarnished with this latest chapter - makes Spinal Tap seem legit.
There are dozens of others who would have been a better choice imo.

I really don't think there was a "better" choice than Axl. There's no doubt his voice can pull this off but WTF?

My biggest problem is why Angus felt like he needed to make a choice at all!?
confused smiley

There are indeed many better choices than Axl, but it's just a matter of opinion. As I said, 'maybe it will sound good (or maybe not)"...but the soap opera/drama of Axl is an unnecessary distraction.

But yes, I agree regarding Angus - perhaps he should have left well enough alone and gracefully ride into the sunset w/ a new band or solo album.
And the open letter to fans regarding Brian was cold hearted...there was absolutely no brotherly love at all. Kind of a shithead maneuver if you ask me.

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: April 18, 2016 18:32

Hairball
Kurt
Hairball

Still can't fathom Axl/DC...admittedly I'm not the world's biggest AC/DC fan (I prefer the Bon era), but feel like this is some sort of a cruel joke.
Maybe it will sound good (or maybe not), but the entire history of the band has been tarnished with this latest chapter - makes Spinal Tap seem legit.
There are dozens of others who would have been a better choice imo.

I really don't think there was a "better" choice than Axl. There's no doubt his voice can pull this off but WTF?

My biggest problem is why Angus felt like he needed to make a choice at all!?
confused smiley

There are indeed many better choices than Axl, but it's just a matter of opinion. As I said, 'maybe it will sound good (or maybe not)"...but the soap opera/drama of Axl is an unnecessary distraction.

But yes, I agree regarding Angus - perhaps he should have left well enough alone and gracefully ride into the sunset w/ a new band or solo album.
And the open letter to fans regarding Brian was cold hearted...there was absolutely no brotherly love at all. Kind of a shithead maneuver if you ask me.

I totally agree with you, Hairball!
thumbs upsmileys with beer

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: April 18, 2016 18:41

HonkeyTonkFlash
Alice Cooper weighs in...
[www.rollingstone.com]

Its fair, and I think its how many of us are feeling. Personally, and I could be reading WAY too much into it, but Cooper is close with Duff, with the Hollywood Vampires and everything. Slash as well. I could Cooper just not wanting to say anything bad about something Axl's doing. Not because he's afraid or shouldn't but because they all know how Axl is. If he says something like "well, its just not the move I'd make and I'd probably hang it up", Axl could see it as a diss, thus pissing him off, thus pissing Duff cause they are now friends again, and creates some weird tension between Cooper and Duff/Slash. But again, thats reading extremely heavily into things and it could just mean Cooper really does think it works lol.

Like I said, I don't think the blame here is on Axl, shockingly. I think he is a very good replacement, albeit an unconventional one. I'm more turned off by AC/DC's complete lack of respect for Brian Johnson and the fact that they seem to be soldiering without Malcolm and Brian, two very key components of the band. But I'll wait and see.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: April 18, 2016 18:42

None of us know what has happened within AC/DC.

It could have been an amicable set up for all concerned and everyone is still friends.

Unless Brian comes out with some comments, which I don't think he will, it is just all pure speculation. smoking smiley

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: April 18, 2016 19:35

I hope this doesn't happen with the Stones.

Posted by: HonkeyTonkFlash ()
Date: April 18, 2016 19:51

shattered
It couldn't. Jagger is not replaceable. However....back when news of Mick and Keith's WWIII broke out, I had fantasies of Keith and Woody getting together with Rod Stewart for a band they might call The Stone Faces. It would be those three plus Bill Wyman on bass, Mac on keys, and Charlie Watts and Kenny Jones as dual drummers! Could've been a good tour, doing a mix of Stones, Faces, blues, etc. I dared to dream....But the actual Stones with anybody but Mick? Never!

Posted by: pepganzo ()
Date: April 18, 2016 20:38

AC/DC died with For those about to rock.

Date: April 18, 2016 21:34

HonkeyTonkFlash
shattered
It couldn't. Jagger is not replaceable. However....back when news of Mick and Keith's WWIII broke out, I had fantasies of Keith and Woody getting together with Rod Stewart for a band they might call The Stone Faces. It would be those three plus Bill Wyman on bass, Mac on keys, and Charlie Watts and Kenny Jones as dual drummers! Could've been a good tour, doing a mix of Stones, Faces, blues, etc. I dared to dream....But the actual Stones with anybody but Mick? Never!

There were rumours both about Roger Daltrey and Terence Trent D'Arby replacing Mick during WWIII smiling smiley

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: April 18, 2016 21:57

Mick, Keith and Ronnie will carry on forever , the way they are feeling now.

Charlie is clearly loving it as well, from what I've seen in South America...............but he's got the hardest physical job in the band, and at 74 , the oldest.

He has got to play those drums to his own high standard , every gig.

Mick is so energetic and fit , that he could drop a gear or two if he wanted ,and it wouldn't make a bit of difference to the bands' performance.

Charlie is the key to when they finally call it a day..............in my opinion.

Let's hope it will be a long time away. thumbs up

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: April 18, 2016 22:00

Axl is just filling in to help them out on the rest of the tour,he's not joining ac/dc.i have no idea why they keep reporting that in the media.

well actually i do -because the media are lying scumbags and the story will get more attention if they print that he is " joining ac/dc" rather than sitting in for a few shows.

i have bootlegs of Guns doing whole lotta rosie from 1986 or so,it's not like its something new for them to play.

as much as i like Brian Johnson,he's more of a heavy metal screamer that could be easily replaced.he was never in Bon Scotts league as a singer.when you hear Axl sing those songs you here how they are supposed to sound.

alot of people getting their panties in a twist about Axl as a person really doesnt change the reality of what happen the other night.riff raff and rosie havent sounded that good since 1979.sorry,somebody had to say it-

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: April 18, 2016 22:01

RollingFreak

Like I said, I don't think the blame here is on Axl, shockingly.

Agreed. Axl is the innocent party here, oddly enough.

Alice is a monster Stones fan, btw. I may have to check out the Hollywood Vampires - Robert DeLeo is a killer bass player.

Posted by: stargroover ()
Date: April 18, 2016 22:25

It's going to be the final nail in the coffin for ACDC.They should cancel all shows and call it a day.Axl fronting the Aussie rockers is a joke.And from an arm chair too.What a hoot.Might as well use my ticket as toilet paper.

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: April 18, 2016 22:48

DeanGoodman
Alice is a monster Stones fan, btw. I may have to check out the Hollywood Vampires - Robert DeLeo is a killer bass player.

Their covers album is actually surprisingly great. Like, really killer stuff. Its sad Duff isn't on tour with them, but like you say Robert is a good replacement. If they are in your area, I'd definitely go. Sounds like it should be a great night. Never seen Alice live (would like to) but I hear he never fails to deliver.

Date: April 18, 2016 23:09

stargroover
It's going to be the final nail in the coffin for ACDC.They should cancel all shows and call it a day.Axl fronting the Aussie rockers is a joke.And from an arm chair too.What a hoot.Might as well use my ticket as toilet paper.

i gather you didn't see the coachella video? you might want to hang on to that ticket.

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: April 18, 2016 23:30

This is the bottom line:

I don't care how good Axl sounds here...and yes, he DOES sound good. He'll do just fine on this upcoming tour and will undoubtedly hit high notes that Brian can't anymore. I don't blame him for any of this mess.

The point is that Brian made AC/DC into one of the biggest bands in history, with more album sales than any band other than the Beatles, Led Zeppelin and Pink Floyd.

The way he's being treated is outrageous, and I've lost a ton of respect for Angus. If he only ever viewed Brian as a hired gun after all these decades, then he's a mean-spirited little bastard with a a complete lack of loyalty and good faith after Brian put in 36 years of faithful service.?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-04-18 23:34 by keefriff99.

Date: April 19, 2016 00:35

there must be a part of this story i haven't heard about yet-i know Brian was a little put off by how the band came out and said basically "thanks for everything" and see you later but really,what else could they do?

Angus wants to carry on with the band and the band name and Brian wisely chose to step down to keep from going deaf.in this case what else could anyone have done?

Axl isn't important in all this,he's a friend of the bands helping out on a few gigs to save them what i assume is one helluva lot of money-he's not gonna be their new singer,he has his own band

the bashing Axl,bashing Angus thing doesn't seem to add up in my opinion.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: April 19, 2016 00:40

ROCKMAN

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: April 19, 2016 00:58

AC/DC needs a singer to finish the tour and Axl fits in as the best available.
Brian could not continue because of his hearing problems. He also had problems on the last tour - throat problems. The story is not more than that.

The media will always try to dig in to whether there have been problems or not. That is media stuff and they do that all over: music, sports, politics etc. They want to create a situation so they can sell more newspapers.

Posted by: swaff ()
Date: April 19, 2016 01:17

HonkeyTonkFlash
shattered
I like that!

Date: April 19, 2016 01:26

Sorry,

This is the longest joke I've ever witnessed...

The band will deny this piece of news...won't they?

Posted by: jambay ()
Date: April 19, 2016 02:30

Dirty deeds done at the Ringwood Lake dunny done dirt cheap

Date: April 19, 2016 02:32

It would be like Steven Tyler replacing Mick Jagger mid-tour.

What the hell! angry smiley

Posted by: jambay ()
Date: April 19, 2016 02:36

YEAH!! This sucks!! I am so pissed!!
Everything was so good, now it is all ruined!!!

Posted by: mnewman505 ()
Date: April 19, 2016 02:57

Hairball
It would be like Steven Tyler replacing Mick Jagger mid-tour.
Oh dear lord.

Date: April 19, 2016 03:05

jambay
YEAH!! This sucks!! I am so pissed!!
Everything was so good, now it is all ruined!!!

winking smiley

Remember when Led Zeppelin finished the historical O2 London show back in '07 after weeks of rehearsals and preparation, and then Robert Plant refused to carry on beyond that?
The story goes that Page, Jones, and Bonham Jr. were seeking out a new singer as a possible replacement (even Steven Tyler auditioned I think?).
Eventually cooler and wiser heads prevailed and they did the right thing - they gave up on the ridiculous idea.
Evidently Angus $ee's things differently, and has infuriated many fans with his decision. A sad chapter in the history of AC/DC imo.

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: April 19, 2016 03:36

mtaylor
Brian could not continue because of his hearing problems. He also had problems on the last tour - throat problems. The story is not more than that.
This has NOT been confirmed, and I won't believe it either way until Brian confirms or denies it, which I doubt he will for PR/political reasons.

I still say that Jim Breuer got the story more right than wrong. There was zero incentive for Breuer to make up this story out of whole cloth, and there's nothing in Breuer's history that would lead me to believe he'd be such a duplicative and ,frankly, delusional creep.

My guess is that Brian asked Breuer to retract his statements in the hopes of Brian being able to keep his job.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-04-19 03:36 by keefriff99.

Date: April 19, 2016 04:03

Brian Johnson Was Abruptly Fired By AC/DC, Not Because Of Hearing Loss, Report Suggests
By Brian Storm -
April 18, 2016

AXL/DC

After thirty six years with vocalist Brian Johnson, which makes up the majority of AC/DC‘s storied history, the group announced just a few days ago that they have parted ways. Back in February when the band first made the announcement, it sounded temporary. The word “fill in” was used and it seemed as though Johnson would be back after finding some way to work around it.

Now, Eddie Trunk has offered a fascinating look behind the scenes of what went down with the firing of Brian Johnson and the hiring of Guns N’ Roses vocalist Axl Rose. Trunk says that nobody he knows is buying the excuse that he was let go due to a hearing loss.

“The release from AC/DC made it pretty clear they are done with Brian Johnson. What really happened with Brian is anyone’s guess. But nobody is buying the hearing thing that I know. My sources tell me Brian was slowing down and didn’t want to work as hard as Angus (who is younger) did.” Eddie Trunk wrote on his new blog.

As Jim Breuer also said, the hearing issue is a small part of it, it’s more of an excuse to get him out of the band so they can keep playing large shows.

“I also know that on the latest tour Brian only wanted to do 2-3 shows max a week. Something that is expensive for a band when off that much on the road (Aerosmith has to do this with Tyler). It comes with age and guys slowing. I suspect it reached a breaking point and that was that. I can not believe it was a sudden hearing issue. Maybe it played a small role, but no way is it the real story in full. I can’t believe after 36 years AC/DC would say goodbye to their singer and not find a work around. MANY have hearing issues and find a way to make it work in rock. And until Brian speaks, we will never know. Brian is a total class act. So very possible he takes the high road here. But it still blows me away how so many fans are not demanding a real answer on Brian and are so quick to move on.” he continued.

He’s absolutely spot on here. Remember, back in February when they first initially made the announcement about his hearing loss, this was portrayed as a temporary issue. Now, they “wish him well in his future endeavors” as their statement said over the weekend when they announced Axl Rose as his replacement on the upcoming tour. That definitely sounds like someone got fired — which really sucks when he was your vocalist for more than 35 years and you can kick him to the curb just like that.

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: April 19, 2016 05:01

Hairball
Brian Johnson Was Abruptly Fired By AC/DC, Not Because Of Hearing Loss, Report Suggests
By Brian Storm -
April 18, 2016

AXL/DC

After thirty six years with vocalist Brian Johnson, which makes up the majority of AC/DC‘s storied history, the group announced just a few days ago that they have parted ways. Back in February when the band first made the announcement, it sounded temporary. The word “fill in” was used and it seemed as though Johnson would be back after finding some way to work around it.

Now, Eddie Trunk has offered a fascinating look behind the scenes of what went down with the firing of Brian Johnson and the hiring of Guns N’ Roses vocalist Axl Rose. Trunk says that nobody he knows is buying the excuse that he was let go due to a hearing loss.

“The release from AC/DC made it pretty clear they are done with Brian Johnson. What really happened with Brian is anyone’s guess. But nobody is buying the hearing thing that I know. My sources tell me Brian was slowing down and didn’t want to work as hard as Angus (who is younger) did.” Eddie Trunk wrote on his new blog.

As Jim Breuer also said, the hearing issue is a small part of it, it’s more of an excuse to get him out of the band so they can keep playing large shows.

“I also know that on the latest tour Brian only wanted to do 2-3 shows max a week. Something that is expensive for a band when off that much on the road (Aerosmith has to do this with Tyler). It comes with age and guys slowing. I suspect it reached a breaking point and that was that. I can not believe it was a sudden hearing issue. Maybe it played a small role, but no way is it the real story in full. I can’t believe after 36 years AC/DC would say goodbye to their singer and not find a work around. MANY have hearing issues and find a way to make it work in rock. And until Brian speaks, we will never know. Brian is a total class act. So very possible he takes the high road here. But it still blows me away how so many fans are not demanding a real answer on Brian and are so quick to move on.” he continued.

He’s absolutely spot on here. Remember, back in February when they first initially made the announcement about his hearing loss, this was portrayed as a temporary issue. Now, they “wish him well in his future endeavors” as their statement said over the weekend when they announced Axl Rose as his replacement on the upcoming tour. That definitely sounds like someone got fired — which really sucks when he was your vocalist for more than 35 years and you can kick him to the curb just like that.

The fans will make the final decision.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: April 19, 2016 05:49

AC/DC are forced to reschedule the 10 upcoming dates on the U.S. leg of their “Rock or Bust” World Tour. AC/DC’s lead singer, Brian Johnson, has been advised by doctors to stop touring immediately or risk total hearing loss.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5152535455565758596061...LastNext
Current Page: 56 of 117

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1770
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home