Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5051525354555657585960...LastNext
Current Page: 55 of 121
Re: OT: AC/DC latest news and more - now with Axl Rose
Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: April 17, 2016 21:32

"AC/DC band members would like to thank Brian Johnson for
his contributions and dedication to the band throughout the years."

Unbelievable. This is disgusting. I never really was a fan of his voice,
but he saved their ass in 1980.

And all you get is that sentence above for 36 years.

So another great band gone for me.

My shows:

Hamburg (field) 2001
Oberhausen (opening for the Stones) 2003
Bremen (arena, so @#$%& loud) in 2009
Paris Stade de France 2015

I won´t go to Hamburg in May. That´s it.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: April 17, 2016 21:44

crholmstrom
Hairball
mtaylor
I have had a broken leg / foot and I could walk around, just the first couple of days sitting more down than standing up. Axl can have a high supporting chair for a rest every now and then, but not necessary sitting down the whole time.

Dave Grohl was "playing the game" / "victim" sitting in the chair during the whole concert. It was more for publicity and getting attention than real necessity. DG is a crying little baby.

Not to defend David Grohl, but I think he broke his femur while Axl broke a toenail.

At any rate, I thought this Axl/DC news was some sort of a a twisted nightmare I was having last night...but now I see it's true.
Sad days for AC/DC fans...the band's legacy will forever be intertwined with Axl Rose.

I'm gonna defend Dave. He had a serious issue that required major surgery & "the throne" was the only way the docs & insurance carriers would let him continue to tour as quick as he did. He's a good guy & didn't want to disappoint his fans. It's not like he needed the money.

*the 2 events/ people/ how handled
not even comparable.

Posted by: jambay ()
Date: April 17, 2016 21:57

Not sure anyone likes Slash as much as me while simultaneously kind of despising this joke that is Axl Pose. BUT... These clips of Coachella and Vegas sound pretty damn good. Most of my disdain for Pose comes from his nonsense combined with his shenanigans and BS.

I don't like Axl so much that I rarely bother to even talk about him.
For me to take my time to to bash on someone is actually a compliment.

Rock and Roll is about more than just the music.
The players have to be able to... what is the right phrase?... They can't be a monkeybutt always fkg shit up and ruining the band thus ruining the music... The band members can't be wrecking the band all the time, diving into the pit to fight with someone taking pictures, talking crap about band mates on stage, can't be a fatassgoofball taking the band name and having ALL different players and acting like it is real, etc etc...

But if Axl can (and frankly I doubt he can) keep his eyes on the prize and keep a tight grip on the brass ring that he now holds... he can redeem himself to me. I am always willing to give some people another chance.... esp if they are OK by Slash. If Slash is willing to give him a chance, so will I.

But there are now hundreds of millions of Dollars at stake and if Axl does not ruin this we could be in for some rocking good times... or of course Axl could/will allow his ego and stupidity to get in the way (as it has in the past) and it will all be shot down in flames... and if this dumb crap where he broke his foot right before the big come back concert is any indication, that "accident" is probably just the first of many things he will do to torpedo this whole thing. Some people are just like that. But of course accidents do happen, and maybe it will all be different this time and he will straighten up and fly right... but he won't, he will blow it.

I doubt Pose can get through the AC/DC tour without imploding in some way.
And if can do that I doubt he will finish the GNFR tour without ruining it.

BUT...
I hope I am wrong. Seriously.
I hope he proves me wrong, and I will be first to admit it.
I hope at the start of 2017 I can say "Welp, I was wrong about that, good for Axl Rose"

It will be very interesting to watch.

After hearing these Coachella clips I would love to see AC/DC and GNFR join forces and play live together splitting songs... alternating every other one... sometime Slash out front sometime Angus... sometimes both. Man, that would be a rock show for the ages.

Posted by: TheBlockbuster ()
Date: April 17, 2016 22:36

That Coahcella video of Riff Raff sounds pretty good, but remember that when Chris Slade is back on drums it will NOT sound as good.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-04-18 00:33 by TheBlockbuster.

Posted by: franzk ()
Date: April 18, 2016 00:13

TooTough

I think it was his decision after all. I remember reading an interview around the release of Black Ice (2008) where he said he was seriously considering leaving the band due to health issues. He said that they could find someone else in his place but they convinced him to stay.

Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: April 18, 2016 00:24

spikenyc
Whole Lotta Angus!

[www.youtube.com]

Riff Raff

[www.youtube.com]

thumbs downthumbs downthumbs downthumbs downthumbs downthumbs downthumbs downthumbs downthumbs downthumbs downthumbs downthumbs downthumbs downthumbs down

Glad I gave up on AC/DC when Malcolm was out.
Angus Whole Lotta thumbs down

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-04-18 00:26 by RipThisBone.

Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: April 18, 2016 00:25

TooTough

And all you get is that sentence above for 36 years.

So another great band gone for me.

My shows:

Hamburg (field) 2001
Oberhausen (opening for the Stones) 2003
Bremen (arena, so @#$%& loud) in 2009
Paris Stade de France 2015

I won´t go to Hamburg in May. That´s it.

thumbs up

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: April 18, 2016 00:43

35love
crholmstrom
Hairball
mtaylor
I have had a broken leg / foot and I could walk around, just the first couple of days sitting more down than standing up. Axl can have a high supporting chair for a rest every now and then, but not necessary sitting down the whole time.

Dave Grohl was "playing the game" / "victim" sitting in the chair during the whole concert. It was more for publicity and getting attention than real necessity. DG is a crying little baby.

Not to defend David Grohl, but I think he broke his femur while Axl broke a toenail.

At any rate, I thought this Axl/DC news was some sort of a a twisted nightmare I was having last night...but now I see it's true.
Sad days for AC/DC fans...the band's legacy will forever be intertwined with Axl Rose.

I'm gonna defend Dave. He had a serious issue that required major surgery & "the throne" was the only way the docs & insurance carriers would let him continue to tour as quick as he did. He's a good guy & didn't want to disappoint his fans. It's not like he needed the money.

*the 2 events/ people/ how handled
not even comparable.

Yes thanks 35love, that was my point.

Grohl was a warrior to soldier on under the horrible circumstances,
while Axl is a complete pansy who sprained his ankle because he's overweight -he's unworthy of sitting on the sacred throne imo.
As someone mentioned earlier, he's probably using it as an excuse so he won't have to 'gyrate' and get out of breath.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: April 18, 2016 01:07

ROCKMAN

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: April 18, 2016 03:37

jambay
Not sure anyone likes Slash as much as me while simultaneously kind of despising this joke that is Axl Pose. BUT... These clips of Coachella and Vegas sound pretty damn good. Most of my disdain for Pose comes from his nonsense combined with his shenanigans and BS.

I don't like Axl so much that I rarely bother to even talk about him.
For me to take my time to to bash on someone is actually a compliment.

Rock and Roll is about more than just the music.
The players have to be able to... what is the right phrase?... They can't be a monkeybutt always fkg shit up and ruining the band thus ruining the music... The band members can't be wrecking the band all the time, diving into the pit to fight with someone taking pictures, talking crap about band mates on stage, can't be a fatassgoofball taking the band name and having ALL different players and acting like it is real, etc etc...

But if Axl can (and frankly I doubt he can) keep his eyes on the prize and keep a tight grip on the brass ring that he now holds... he can redeem himself to me. I am always willing to give some people another chance.... esp if they are OK by Slash. If Slash is willing to give him a chance, so will I.

But there are now hundreds of millions of Dollars at stake and if Axl does not ruin this we could be in for some rocking good times... or of course Axl could/will allow his ego and stupidity to get in the way (as it has in the past) and it will all be shot down in flames... and if this dumb crap where he broke his foot right before the big come back concert is any indication, that "accident" is probably just the first of many things he will do to torpedo this whole thing. Some people are just like that. But of course accidents do happen, and maybe it will all be different this time and he will straighten up and fly right... but he won't, he will blow it.

I doubt Pose can get through the AC/DC tour without imploding in some way.
And if can do that I doubt he will finish the GNFR tour without ruining it.

BUT...
I hope I am wrong. Seriously.
I hope he proves me wrong, and I will be first to admit it.
I hope at the start of 2017 I can say "Welp, I was wrong about that, good for Axl Rose"

It will be very interesting to watch.

After hearing these Coachella clips I would love to see AC/DC and GNFR join forces and play live together splitting songs... alternating every other one... sometime Slash out front sometime Angus... sometimes both. Man, that would be a rock show for the ages.

If the baby is ugly, the baby is ugly. I like the way you did both sides. Maybe someone from AC/DC will read this. Thank you.

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: April 18, 2016 08:14

And...official sellers still selling tickets to AC/DC WITH Brian Johnson:

[www.eventim.de]
[www.oeticket.com]
[www.livenation.cz]

So people can still buy tickets to see BJ. Apparently no possibility of returning the tickets, which is usually mentioned in the official announcement of this kind. Not in this one. When Black Sabbath were in a similar situation in 2012 when Tonny had serious health problems and could not join the tour, the tour was re-billed as Ozzy and Friends and fans were offered a refund of course. As it is, the current AC/DC tour looks like it is going to bee the biggest fan rip-off ever. I can't recall anything similar, has anything like that ever hapenned before? Maybe on the next tour we will buy AC/DC tickets and won't be even surprised if a local cover band turns up. Congratulations to Angus on that big fat check he is going to cash. I am truly ashamed I gave him my money too. It was supposed to be the first time for me to see AC/DC...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-04-18 08:16 by Happy24.

Posted by: stargroover ()
Date: April 18, 2016 08:30

It is a rip off.They should offer a refund.Greedy sods.

Date: April 18, 2016 10:03

shattered
jambay
Not sure..
...It will be very interesting to watch...
...a rock show for the ages.

If the baby is ugly, the baby is ugly. I like the way you did both sides. Maybe someone from AC/DC will read this. Thank you.
Cheers smileys with beer

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: April 18, 2016 10:04

ROCKMAN

Date: April 18, 2016 10:10

She ain't exactly pretty ain't exactly small Fourt'twothirt'ninefiddysix ya could say she's got it all
Rosie yer alright

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-04-18 12:55 by jambay.

Posted by: mandu ()
Date: April 18, 2016 11:40

I just dont understand why they chose Axl,whats he going to sound like singing Back n Black and you shook me all night long or Hells Bells.

Feel The Fear
And Do It Anyway

Date: April 18, 2016 11:44

mandu
I just dont understand why they chose Axl,whats he going to sound like singing Back n Black and you shook me all night long or Hells Bells.

He's going to sound like he did when he sang Whola Lotta Rosie. Pretty good, I thought.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: April 18, 2016 12:46

I think Axl is going to be O.K. looking at the Coachella clips.

I think a refund is in order for fans that are not happy with Axl replacing Brian.

I'm sure they will still get sell out shows, and they could easily still make loadsa money on this Tour, and upcoming North America.

They're not short of a dollar or two.

Date: April 18, 2016 13:28

Now the Czech Live Nation issued a hilarious statement: "Prague’s concert is sold out. Ticket holders who are not satisfied with the choice of guest singer can contact the Live Nation Czech Republic. Contact: [email protected]"

No actual mention about in what way it will be resolved. Yea, one can assume that they will eventually give a refund to those who contact them, but who knows? It is at least far from the standard procedure in those cases. Are you not happy with not getting what you paid for? Let us know, we will be happy to read your comments! smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-04-18 13:48 by Happy24.

Posted by: HonkeyTonkFlash ()
Date: April 18, 2016 13:59

I have never seen AC/DC live. Always hoped to. But now? No Brian? Axl? Don't wanna seem them anymore. sad smiley

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: April 18, 2016 14:29

I have never seen them play live , but if I can make it to one of the Europe gigs, I wont hesitate to go. thumbs up

Posted by: MartinB ()
Date: April 18, 2016 14:59

I have seen them several times and with one exception the sound was always so awful that it probably does not really matter who is the singer...

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: April 18, 2016 15:02

MartinB
I have seen them several times and with one exception the sound was always so awful that it probably does not really matter who is the singer...

I still fondly remember the comments from IORR members ; they saw AC/DC opening for the Stones and after Angus's band was done thye couldn't hear anything. >grinning smiley<

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: April 18, 2016 15:07

MartinB

They have the best sound. Always loud and clear.

Date: April 18, 2016 15:13

It felt like a bad joke when I read it yesterday. Now, the more I think about it, the more I think I am gonna go. It might be so wierd that it might be actually really interesting. It still feels like it is too much money for such a hybrid, but what the hell, who would think there would be a chance to see something like this? Plus I can easily imagine the tour will end before they reach our coutry, so I leave it up to the faith - if they come, I will go...

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: April 18, 2016 15:16

Would it be possible for Brian and Axl to be both on stage?

Re: OT: AC/DC latest news and more
Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: April 18, 2016 17:36

powerage78
I am just sad today. Very sad.
It was really unbelievable for me...

Rosie
[www.youtube.com]

It's so bizarre that my mind cannot really even process it.

I don't understand the seemingly callous treatment of Brian.

But Axl does sound great right now, what a year that guy is having!

I almost think Angus should close down the shop, salvage the "brand" and join Guns N' Roses. He and Slash would make a @#$%& killer combo. Especially if Izzy has checked out for good.

I turned my Detroit AC/DC tickets back in when the show was postponed. Not sure if I want to buy back in or not. Guess I'll hold off to see how these Euro date go. Weirdest thing EVER.

Posted by: shattered1978 ()
Date: April 18, 2016 17:54

I am going to see AC/DC with Axl. Can't help it.
As a kid I had a tape with "Apetite..." On side A and "blow up your video" on B.
After 100s of autoreverse, the tape was dust. I am so ready to see Axl sing with AC/DC.

Would have also loved seeing them with Crhis Barnes of Six Feet Under/Cannibal Corpse who did the whole Back in Black some years ago.

Enjoy.

[youtu.be]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-04-18 18:05 by shattered1978.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: April 18, 2016 17:58

dcba
MartinB

I still fondly remember the comments from IORR members ; they saw AC/DC opening for the Stones and after Angus's band was done thye couldn't hear anything. >grinning smiley<

If you're referring to the SARS benefit...
Maybe that's why so many said that AC/DC blew the Stones off the stage - they couldn't hear anything after AC/DC!
Did they ever open anywhere else?

Still can't fathom Axl/DC...admittedly I'm not the world's biggest AC/DC fan (I prefer the Bon era), but feel like this is some sort of a cruel joke.
Maybe it will sound good (or maybe not), but the entire history of the band has been tarnished with this latest chapter - makes Spinal Tap seem legit.
There are dozens of others who would have been a better choice imo.

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: April 18, 2016 18:05

Hairball

Still can't fathom Axl/DC...admittedly I'm not the world's biggest AC/DC fan (I prefer the Bon era), but feel like this is some sort of a cruel joke.
Maybe it will sound good (or maybe not), but the entire history of the band has been tarnished with this latest chapter - makes Spinal Tap seem legit.
There are dozens of others who would have been a better choice imo.

I really don't think there was a "better" choice than Axl. There's no doubt his voice can pull this off but WTF?

My biggest problem is why Angus felt like he needed to make a choice at all!?
confused smiley

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5051525354555657585960...LastNext
Current Page: 55 of 121

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2065
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home