Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4849505152535455565758...LastNext
Current Page: 53 of 118
Re: OT: AC/DC latest news and more
Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: April 10, 2016 16:34

Nate
Has Axl Rose got a broken foot or something? that's what it looks like in the picture above.

Nate thumbs up
Yeah..
[www.tmz.com]

Axl Rose broke his foot and underwent surgery, and he just announced it ... HOURS before Guns N' Roses officially kicks off their tour!
Axl posted an x-ray of his left foot and said, "This is what can happen when you do something you haven't done in nearly 23 years."
The real GNR is playing its first arena show in decades tonight and Saturday night in Las Vegas. We're told the injury happened when Axl slipped onstage while singing "Mr. Brownstone" during last Friday's Troubadour show. We're told Axl knew something was busted, but toughed it out. Rock 'N' roll.
He had surgery earlier this week, and got a bunch of hardware to repair the fracture. We're told he'll be in a cast for all the Vegas and Coachella shows, but don't expect him to be sitting the whole time. They're making some kinda support for him and the setlist won't be shortened.
The band clearly knows this would freak out fans. They got Axl's doc to explain the injury and the surgery.

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: April 10, 2016 20:22

The European tour starts in less than a month and the fans still have no idea what they will get, which at this stage really puzzles me. Not all concerts are sold out and for those that are not, tickets are being sold without mentioning that the singer might not be there. Is there still a chance Brian will sing? Since that is the only acceptable scenario at this point.

I can't imagine that a week before the show they would announce that there will be a different singer and that people could return the tickets with the promoters having absolutely no time to sell those. In the scale of this stadium tour and with the actual ticket prices it would quite likely be a financial disaster. If they announce a different singer and the fans won't have the possibility of a refund, while right now they still sell tickets for AC/DC WITH Brian Johnson, that would be the biggest rip off in the rock history.

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: April 10, 2016 20:42

Happy24
The European tour starts in less than a month and the fans still have no idea what they will get, which at this stage really puzzles me. Not all concerts are sold out and for those that are not, tickets are being sold without mentioning that the singer might not be there. Is there still a chance Brian will sing? Since that is the only acceptable scenario at this point.

I can't imagine that a week before the show they would announce that there will be a different singer and that people could return the tickets with the promoters having absolutely no time to sell those. In the scale of this stadium tour and with the actual ticket prices it would quite likely be a financial disaster. If they announce a different singer and the fans won't have the possibility of a refund, while right now they still sell tickets for AC/DC WITH Brian Johnson, that would be the biggest rip off in the rock history.

Gonna stick my neck out on this one, but I think Brian will finish Europe and the remaining shows in the USA.

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: April 11, 2016 15:52

shattered
Happy24

Gonna stick my neck out on this one, but I think Brian will finish Europe and the remaining shows in the USA.
I'm starting to think so as well. However, I wonder if some irreparable damage has been done between Brian and Angus's relationship if Breuer's report turns out to be even a little true.

Posted by: mnewman505 ()
Date: April 11, 2016 17:31

Is Axl using Dave Grohl's throne? What's going on here?

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: April 11, 2016 17:43

mnewman505
Is Axl using Dave Grohl's throne? What's going on here?
Yep...Axl said that Dave lent it to him while his foot heals.

Posted by: Doc ()
Date: April 11, 2016 18:28

Dave Grohl lent the seat he used last year.
During the first GnR show the FF (Foo Fighters) logo was visible on the seat.
Don't know if they covered it with a GnR logo for the 2nd night (or plan to do so for the next shows)

Date: April 11, 2016 20:20

keefriff99
shattered
Happy24

I'm starting to think so as well. However, I wonder if some irreparable damage has been done between Brian and Angus's relationship if Breuer's report turns out to be even a little true.

Similar to Mick and Keith and we will never know if Breuer's report is true. Do you realize how Werchter will cook if Brian does tour?

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: April 12, 2016 18:49

mtaylor
Nate
Has Axl Rose got a broken foot or something? that's what it looks like in the picture above.

Nate thumbs up
Yeah..
[www.tmz.com]

Axl Rose broke his foot and underwent surgery, and he just announced it ... HOURS before Guns N' Roses officially kicks off their tour!
Axl posted an x-ray of his left foot and said, "This is what can happen when you do something you haven't done in nearly 23 years."
The real GNR is playing its first arena show in decades tonight and Saturday night in Las Vegas. We're told the injury happened when Axl slipped onstage while singing "Mr. Brownstone" during last Friday's Troubadour show. We're told Axl knew something was busted, but toughed it out. Rock 'N' roll.
He had surgery earlier this week, and got a bunch of hardware to repair the fracture. We're told he'll be in a cast for all the Vegas and Coachella shows, but don't expect him to be sitting the whole time. They're making some kinda support for him and the setlist won't be shortened.
The band clearly knows this would freak out fans. They got Axl's doc to explain the injury and the surgery.

Posted by: stargroover ()
Date: April 13, 2016 08:41

If Brian is not lead vocals for the London show I would like a refund asap.
I think it is pretty disgusting how they are keeping everyone in the dark about what is happening.Maybe its time to call it a day.

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: April 13, 2016 22:42

stargroover
I think it is pretty disgusting how they are keeping everyone in the dark about what is happening.

That seems a little harsh. Granted, I don't really like how its being handled either, but we also don't have ANY confirmed information yet. If Brian is not in Europe, you will absolutely be offered a refund, the same as America was. What confuses me is why, it seems, Brian might be in for Europe, but NOT America? Its not like they'll make those US dates up BEFORE the European tour. They'd have to announce it soon. So I feel either Brian is still there and this has just been blown way out of proportion, or they'll have a guest singer for ALL their remaining dates. I just don't get how you have Brian for 10 and not the other 10, even though that pretty much seems to be the accepted theory.

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: April 13, 2016 23:30

It's confounding.

I was told over the weekend that they may push back the European Tour to accommodate the postponed US shows before June 23rd. Allowing Axl to front the band before the Guns N' Roses stadium tour fires up in Detroit.

Believe it.
Or not.

Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: April 13, 2016 23:34

video: [www.youtube.com]

hot smileyhot smileyhot smiley

GOOD TIMES !!!

Posted by: Ladykiller ()
Date: April 14, 2016 00:19

stargroover
If Brian is not lead vocals for the London show I would like a refund asap.
I think it is pretty disgusting how they are keeping everyone in the dark about what is happening.Maybe its time to call it a day.

Its time to call it a day, when Brian can't never perform with them. Also very unfair to their fans, especially to the ones, who want travel to their shows! No Respect! Shame you AC/DC!!!thumbs downthumbs downthumbs downthumbs downthumbs down

Posted by: jambay ()
Date: April 14, 2016 00:57

Kurt
It's confounding.

I was told over the weekend that they may push back the European Tour to accommodate the postponed US shows before June 23rd. Allowing Axl to front the band before the Guns N' Roses stadium tour fires up in Detroit.

Believe it.
Or not.

Maybe AC/DC should give Myles Kennedy a try out, he did good with Axl's parts the 3-4 times I saw Slash concerts in the last several years... and is probably looking for a job.

[www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-04-14 01:01 by jambay.

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: April 17, 2016 00:51

[]

Major AC/DC Announcement Coming Soon, Brian Johnson Gives Fans Thumbs Up
By Brett Buchanan -
Apr 15, 2016

AC/DC are set to make a major announcement soon, according to AC/DC Brasil.

“Sony Music USA has informed us that a ‘Declaration will be published soon’,
They’re ‘waiting for the best time”.

We’re waiting for

?#?ACDC? ?#?ROCKORBUSTTOUR”

AC/DC members returned to Florida after meeting with rumored guest singer
candidate Axl Rose in Atlanta last month, weeks after postponing their tour
due to Brian Johnson risking hearing loss by performing. AC/DC have a
European tour planned soon, and it is uncertain if the tour will happen as
planned, or if it will be postponed like the U.S. tour.
Brian Johnson
though was spotted in Florida yesterday by fans giving a ‘thumbs up’

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2016-04-17 00:54 by TooTough.

Date: April 17, 2016 00:55

Good.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: April 17, 2016 00:58

jambay
Kurt
It's confounding.

Believe it.
Or not.

Maybe AC/DC should give Myles Kennedy a try out, he did good with Axl's parts the 3-4 times I saw Slash concerts in the last several years... and is probably looking for a job.

[www.youtube.com]

i agree myles did a standup job on the slash tour.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: April 17, 2016 00:59

jambay
Kurt
It's confounding.

Believe it.
Or not.

Maybe AC/DC should give Myles Kennedy a try out, he did good with Axl's parts the 3-4 times I saw Slash concerts in the last several years... and is probably looking for a job. made me not care whether axl was there or not.

[www.youtube.com]

i agree myles did a standup job on the slash tour.

Date: April 17, 2016 05:42

Just out of curiosity, was Myles brought up randomly? Cause two years ago he played a full AC/DC set with Gov't Mule on New Years Eve and it was friggen awesome! Basically a perfect AC/DC setlist:

[www.setlist.fm]

Date: April 17, 2016 05:57

Oh my god, it really is Axl:

[www.rollingstone.com]

Posted by: mnewman505 ()
Date: April 17, 2016 06:29

Wow, this is really happening with Axl. What a truly odd chapter to add to the AC/DC legacy.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: April 17, 2016 07:40

ROCK OR BUST WORLD TOUR CONTINUES WITH AXL ROSE

"AC/DC band members would like to thank Brian Johnson for his contributions and dedication to the band throughout the years. We wish him all the best with his hearing issues and future ventures. As much as we want this tour to end as it started, we understand, respect and support Brian's decision to stop touring and save his hearing. We are dedicated to fulfilling the remainder of our touring commitments to everyone that has supported us over the years, and are fortunate that Axl Rose has kindly offered his support to help us fulfill this commitment. AC/DC will resume their Rock Or Bust World Tour with Axl Rose joining on vocals. The European stadium tour dates begin on May 7 in Lisbon, Portugal and run through June 12 in Aarhus, Denmark as previously announced (see below for full itinerary). Following this European run of dates with AC/DC, Axl Rose will head out on his Guns N Roses, Not In This Lifetime Summer Stadium Tour. The 10 postponed U.S shows will be rescheduled and announced imminently, also with Axl Rose.

AC/DC European tour dates

May 7 Lisbon, Portugal Passeio Maritimo De Alges
May 10 Seville, Spain Estadio De La Cartuja
May 13 Marseille, France Stade Velodrome
May 16 Werchter, Belgium Werchter Site
May 19 Vienna, Austria Erns-Happel Stadium
May 22 Prague, Czech Republic Letnany Airport
May 26 Hamburg, Germany Volksparkstadion
May 29 Berne, Switzerland Stade De Suisse
June 1 Leipzig, Germany Red Bull Arena
June 4 London, England The Stadium, Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park
June 9 Manchester, England Etihad Stadium
June 12 Aarhus, Denmark Ceres Park

[www.acdc.com]

Posted by: mandu ()
Date: April 17, 2016 08:43

Axl does not have the right voice for AC/DC songs

Feel The Fear
And Do It Anyway

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: April 17, 2016 10:44

AC/DC's ANGUS YOUNG Joins GUNS N' ROSES On Stage At Coachella

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: April 17, 2016 11:48

I am just sad today. Very sad.
It was really unbelievable for me...

Rosie
[www.youtube.com]

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: April 17, 2016 11:53

Rosie & Riff Raff

[www.youtube.com]

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Posted by: pepganzo ()
Date: April 17, 2016 12:03

I think that it is a good news for Axl Rose and GNR Fans.
He will be more busy and maybe his voice will improve along the tour with AC/DC.
Also it is great news if you consider Axl's habits and silence that often revolves around GNR world.

Date: April 17, 2016 12:07

Not bad at all.

OT; Brian Johnson won't be with AC/DC in Seville next tour, CONFIRMED!
Posted by: carlitosbaez ()
Date: April 15, 2016 20:31

Brian Johnson won't playing in Seville next month with AC/DC according Dirty Rock Magazine in Spain [www.dirtyrock.info]

Carlitos
Tenerife

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4849505152535455565758...LastNext
Current Page: 53 of 118

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 919
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home