Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2223242526272829303132...LastNext
Current Page: 27 of 117
Re: OT: AC/DC future in question
Posted by: kowalski ()
Date: February 9, 2015 04:12

Possibly in slightly better quality :

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: February 9, 2015 04:28

Thanks, kowalski. smileys with beer

Posted by: coffeepotman ()
Date: February 9, 2015 05:16

They killed it! AC/DC still rule

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: February 9, 2015 05:30

Damn, those videos are blocked already! Hope we get some more uploads . peace

Date: February 9, 2015 06:00

Naturalust

You can watch it here with a very good quality:

[themusic.com.au]

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: February 9, 2015 06:52

Cristiano Radtke
Naturalust

[themusic.com.au]

Ok thanks! A testament that simple rock is still alive and well. They definitely owned it. I still miss Mal and Phil although I really enjoyed that. I also miss the days when the light show was mostly directed at the band. All that high intensity white light constantly directed from stage it a bit too much. peace

Date: February 9, 2015 07:04

Naturalust
Cristiano Radtke
Naturalust

[themusic.com.au]

Ok thanks! A testament that simple rock is still alive and well. They definitely owned it. I still miss Mal and Phil although I really enjoyed that. I also miss the days when the light show was mostly directed at the band. All that high intensity white light constantly directed from stage it a bit too much. peace

Thankfully they were the first act to play tonight, and they're still rockin'. winking smiley

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: February 9, 2015 07:14

Shut the front door, this is one of the best performances ever at the Grammys.

The stars in the audience, black and white, seemed to enjoy it tremendously. Just a powerful rockin set. The Stones could never match that energy and voltage. In comparison the Stones seemed like a lounge act.

Therein lies the difference. Even at low volume at home on a cheap set of computer speakers that music reverberated my viewing space. I would pay $200 to see that kind of show AC/DC put on. I would not pay that for a mediocre noodling Stones show.

Posted by: mandu ()
Date: February 9, 2015 08:07

wow they rocked it
love AC/DC

Feel The Fear
And Do It Anyway

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: February 9, 2015 10:31

What a great performance.

Gotta go and see them in Europe this summer. >grinning smiley<

Posted by: martin1978 ()
Date: February 9, 2015 10:49

Who can help me?
Where can i find a list from AC/DC TV appearances??confused smiley

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: February 9, 2015 10:56

The Sicilian

Therein lies the difference. Even at low volume at home on a cheap set of computer speakers that music reverberated my viewing space. I would pay $200 to see that kind of show AC/DC put on. I would not pay that for a mediocre noodling Stones show.

HTHell was pretty weak and lifeless though...

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: February 9, 2015 13:22

They tore the Grammys to shreds. GREAT performances

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: February 9, 2015 13:30

RollingFreak
It will 100% only be one song. Despite the fact that they are legends, I've never seen anyone gets more than one song. I agree it'll probably be BluzDude, although I'd love it to be Thunderstruck.

uh huh!

Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: February 9, 2015 14:31

dcba
The Sicilian

Yes, it was. Played much too slow also. There's a video on www.RollingStone.com.

Date: February 9, 2015 14:44

RipThisBone
dcba

Yes, it was. Played much too slow also.

Otoh it felt more natural and easy than IRWTrust cos Slade has played that one to death when he was in the band.

Posted by: caschimann ()
Date: February 9, 2015 14:54

Deathgod
Breaking news in Australia that ACDC will never perform or record again.

Peter Ford, show biz reporter has details on 3AW in next 15 mins

[www.3aw.com.au]

He tweeted :

More exclusive info on the end of AC/DC after 8 on
@3AW693

EXCLUSIVE- "The end of ACDC... my information is we may never hear them perform or record EVER again" @mrpford

It´s funny how rumors can be deleted by real life:

New Album out - World Tour schedulded - Global TV-Debut yesterday at the Grammies.

Date: February 9, 2015 16:09

martin1978
Who can help me?
Where can i find a list from AC/DC TV appearances??confused smiley

I think most of their TV performances are compiled on the Plug me In DVD box-set: [en.wikipedia.org]

Date: February 9, 2015 16:09

''It´s funny how rumors can be deleted by real life:

New Album out - World Tour schedulded - Global TV-Debut yesterday at the Grammies. '' thumbs up

Date: February 9, 2015 16:41

Both songs were great. They totally killed it thumbs up

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: February 9, 2015 17:08

caschimann
Deathgod
Breaking news in Australia that ACDC will never perform or record again.

Peter Ford, show biz reporter has details on 3AW in next 15 mins

[www.3aw.com.au]

He tweeted :

More exclusive info on the end of AC/DC after 8 on
@3AW693

EXCLUSIVE- "The end of ACDC... my information is we may never hear them perform or record EVER again" @mrpford

It´s funny how rumors can be deleted by real life:

New Album out - World Tour schedulded - Global TV-Debut yesterday at the Grammies.

Well the reports were certainly premature, however you can imagine the reaction if something similar happened in Stones World...Keith out for good with an illness and Charlie arrested for conspiracy for murder and facing trial.

I don't think we'd be thinking they'd be enlisting Chris Jagger and Kenny Jones for new promo's and a tour.

Posted by: runaway ()
Date: February 9, 2015 17:15

Rock Or Bustthumbs up-There are already many AC/DC 2015 concerts sold out in Europe

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: February 9, 2015 17:49

Best Grammy performance I can remember!
I'm so glad was wrong in saying they will only do 1 song.
Also glad I was 1/2 right in my song prediction....

....The best part was that AC/DC was on in the beginning, so I didn't have to sit thru the whole show...drinking smiley

Posted by: TheBadRabbit ()
Date: February 9, 2015 18:48

As much of a AC/DC fan as I am (though, admittedly moreso of the Bon Scott version) their set was a disappointment. 'Rock or Bust' was completely forgettable; a generic three-chord clunker with no memorable riff to set if off (a la, Girls Got Rhythm, Sin City...) and, as someone earlier on here pointed out, HTH was "weak and lifeless." Whose idea was it to pass out devil horns to the audience? Can you say "lame"?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-02-09 19:17 by TheBadRabbit.

Date: February 9, 2015 19:25

It was a bit underwhelming but :

- the camera work on RoBust was less than professional
- the amount of PR generated by these 5 minutes of so-so live action is unvaluable so I guess Angus certainly considers it a winner.

Me I hope the band will tighten their playing before the 1st gig of the tour.

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: February 9, 2015 19:36

I think some of you guys don't get it. If you've been to an AC/DC concert (and I've been to close to 20 of them), you know what they sound like in the room. This was not an AC/DC concert so the sound wasn't optimum for them.

Let me give you and example using another of one of my favorite bands, Social Distortion. Every year a local radio station has a 2 night Christmas show with about 10 to 12 acts per night. I have seen Social D in this situation twice and they don't sound nearly as dinamic as they do for their own shows, in this case I'm pretty sure the sound is adjusted for the headline band.

If AC/DC sounded like they usually do live, most of the crowd singing along would have been covering their ears because they wouldn't be use to the volume at their shows.

I am not worried about how they will sound on their upcoming tour.

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: February 9, 2015 19:52

"I think some of you guys don't get it. If you've been to an AC/DC concert (and I've been to close to 20 of them), you know what they sound like in the room. This was not an AC/DC concert so the sound wasn't optimum for them."

Very well said.

"If AC/DC sounded like they usually do live, most of the crowd singing along would have been covering their ears because they wouldn't be use to the volume at their shows."

That is a fact. Loudest show I've ever seen. My ears were ringing for 2 days after one.

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: February 9, 2015 20:07

RipThisBone
dcba
The Sicilian

Yes, it was. Played much too slow also. There's a video on www.RollingStone.com.

Couldn't have agreed more! Highway to Hell was very slow indeed. Almost hard to sing along to, but I did think that Rock or Bust was great!!!

Date: February 9, 2015 20:47

I'm with BluzDude, and the Grammy performance was great.....................and the upcoming Europe Tour is gonna be something to really look forward to.

Gotta go now and look for tix for a couple of shows in U.K. and Europe. >grinning smiley<

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: February 9, 2015 21:19

VoodooLounge13
RipThisBone
dcba
The Sicilian

Couldn't have agreed more! Highway to Hell was very slow indeed. Almost hard to sing along to, but I did think that Rock or Bust was great!!!

Very weak performance compared to the tour 5-6 years ago. Hopefully they get much better when the tour starts, when they have more practice together with a "new" drummer and guitar player. But could also be "the age thing", Johnson seemed worn out after two songs, he needs to get in shape, takes a bit to sing and dance on stage ......

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-02-09 23:09 by mtaylor.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2223242526272829303132...LastNext
Current Page: 27 of 117

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1912
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home