Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1718192021222324252627...LastNext
Current Page: 22 of 117
Re: OT: AC/DC future in question
Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: December 3, 2014 15:35

chop
Sad what happened to Malcolm. Dementia at only 60 is scary. Plus now it's revealed he's had a heart and lung procedure.

He's always seemed very frail and sickly. Small guy
Very true. He never looked healthy, even when he was young.

Angus is an inch shorter than Malcolm (Mal is 5'3" and Angus 5'2"), but was actually in fairly good shape when he was younger due to his insanely aerobic stage show.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: December 3, 2014 16:29

-

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-12-03 20:29 by dcba.

Posted by: mickijaggeroo ()
Date: December 3, 2014 16:38

JohnnyBGoode
We talked about Krokus. Any Airbourne fans? lol

Yep!

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Posted by: runaway ()
Date: December 3, 2014 17:36

Fortarock 2013 Airbourne Joel O'Keeffe's Climbing act

video: [www.youtube.com]

Posted by: Doc ()
Date: December 3, 2014 19:06

keefriff99
Malcolm, on the other hand, walked right up to me and asked me, "Hi there! How were we soundin' out there tonight?"

I couldn't believe it...of course, I barely stammered out a "G-g-g-great!" I mean, just the fact that he asked ME how the band sounded blew my mind...and he asked me in a really earnest way, as if he cared about my answer.

Same story for me in Paris on the SUL tour. Malcolm walked right to my table next to the bar where I was waiting alone, asked to sit down and asked about the show. We spend at least 20 minutes chatting. Very impressive and very nice person, he even called Angus and Cliff to the table and I spent one of my best evenings ever.

7 months later, in Paris, he recalled that a french guy (me) suggested to play Ride On, and they played it as an encore. I had tears in my eyes.

Date: December 3, 2014 21:12

Doc
keefriff99
Malcolm, on the other hand, walked right up to me and asked me, "Hi there! How were we soundin' out there tonight?"

I couldn't believe it...of course, I barely stammered out a "G-g-g-great!" I mean, just the fact that he asked ME how the band sounded blew my mind...and he asked me in a really earnest way, as if he cared about my answer.

Same story for me in Paris on the SUL tour. Malcolm walked right to my table next to the bar where I was waiting alone, asked to sit down and asked about the show. We spend at least 20 minutes chatting. Very impressive and very nice person, he even called Angus and Cliff to the table and I spent one of my best evenings ever.

7 months later, in Paris, he recalled that a french guy (me) suggested to play Ride On, and they played it as an encore. I had tears in my eyes.
Awesome story! He was really a classy guy by all accounts.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: December 4, 2014 04:57

More trouble for Rudd?

AC/DC Drummer Phil Rudd Taken Into Custody Over New Confrontation

> Rudd = Trouble

and:

'He was out and bloody dancing around' - AC/DC drummer Phil Rudd held by police

> Trouble = Rudd

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: December 4, 2014 07:42

HERALD SUN --- 4 December 2014

ROCKMAN

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: December 4, 2014 09:40

"Mr Rojas was drawn outside his cafe by sounds of a fracas. He said he was confronted by the sight of an altercation between Rudd, who he did not immediately recognise, and a much larger man, who was almost 2m tall.

"I thought the big guy was trying to abuse an old man. Then I released it was the old man trying to fight the big guy."

Sad but >grinning smiley< !

Date: December 4, 2014 15:26

Time to put Mr. Rudd on a death watch...he looks like he has one foot in the grave and has aged 20 years due to his meth abuse.

This is NOT going to end well.

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: December 4, 2014 18:40

I never knew that Malcolm was a bassistconfused smiley (Re: above article)

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: December 4, 2014 18:41

BluzDude

pathetic journalism

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: December 4, 2014 20:30

HERALD SUN -- 5 December 2014

ROCKMAN

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: December 4, 2014 20:46

Phil Rudd is not getting any better.

He looks a down and out now.

He needs help desparately.

Such a shame ,as he is the drummer in a band that is in my Top 5 of all time greats. sad smiley

Date: December 5, 2014 00:56

treaclefingers
BluzDude

pathetic journalism

If I made a mistake like that in my Journalism class in college, it would have been an automatic Fail.

Date: December 5, 2014 08:09

BluzDude
treaclefingers
BluzDude

pathetic journalism

If I made a mistake like that in my Journalism class in college, it would have been an automatic Fail.

...and the forfeiture of all your ac/dc albums!

Date: December 5, 2014 09:47

treaclefingers
BluzDude
treaclefingers
BluzDude

pathetic journalism

...and the forfeiture of all your ac/dc albums!

Oh No!!!!!angry smiley

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: December 5, 2014 17:49

It's a damn shame that Rudd's fallen on such hard times. Obviously I think he's going to be out of the band - all on his own accord without the band having to fire him, which if I had to hazard a guess, I really don't think they want to do because they probably fear that it might push him over the edge, so I think they're probably hoping that the charges - and now this new allegation - will help resolve it for them.

On a side note, I do like the new album. It IS short, but man Brian Johnson hasn't sounded this good in a LOOOOONG time. He's almost lost in the sound of the instruments, but it is a good tight album. I don't think it's as good as Black Ice, but it's a good one. Love the title track and Baptism By Fire.

Date: December 5, 2014 19:04

VoodooLounge13
It's a damn shame that Rudd's fallen on such hard times. Obviously I think he's going to be out of the band - all on his own accord without the band having to fire him, which if I had to hazard a guess, I really don't think they want to do because they probably fear that it might push him over the edge, so I think they're probably hoping that the charges - and now this new allegation - will help resolve it for them.

On a side note, I do like the new album. It IS short, but man Brian Johnson hasn't sounded this good in a LOOOOONG time. He's almost lost in the sound of the instruments, but it is a good tight album. I don't think it's as good as Black Ice, but it's a good one. Love the title track and Baptism By Fire.

You make a compelling argument for me to buy myself this for Christmas!

Date: December 6, 2014 00:12

Imo this is the best acdc album since at least ballbreaker

Posted by: shadooby ()
Date: December 6, 2014 00:55

Yeah, Stevie fills in nicely. Rudd's drumming is too good also, damn shame he's lost his noodle.

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: December 8, 2014 16:18

Having spent the better part of a week listening to this album almost exclusively now, I do think that there are 6 really solid tunes on here, IMO: Rock or Bust, Play Ball, Rock the Blues Away, Baptism by Fire, Dogs of War, Sweet Candy. I read somewhere that Stevie had to dial it back cuz he plays dirtier than Malcolm and I think there are little snippets where it starts to come out but then he catches himself and makes it sound more like typical AC/DC. If they do record another album, and without their entire rhythm section I'm just not sure that they would - I guess I should reserve judgement until knowing for sure what Rudd's future with the band is, and (assuming Rudd is out), how they sound on tour with Stevie and a new drummer. Bringing back Chris Slade would be great!!! Anyway I digressed!!! If they were to record another album, I'd love to see them let Stevie go. I think that that could make for the dirtiest AC/DC album ever. His playing style seems tailor made for the raunchy lyrics!! I've loved these guys since I was in 7th grade!!! Dirty Deeds was the first song I heard of theirs I think on classic radio growing up in the late 80's, early 90's.

Love love love AC/DC. They never changed. Always the same and you knew exactly what you were getting. One of a very few bands who can honestly say they never conformed or changed to match the current trend/sound.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-12-08 20:05 by VoodooLounge13.

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: December 9, 2014 00:02

Rock or Bust number one in Germany with 250.000 copies sold in first week!
Best album debut in Germany for the last seven years.
Platinum.

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: December 9, 2014 01:21

Hi Powerage, did you mean 25,000 or 250,000 copies? They weren't even predicting 250k sales in the US for the opening week.

Date: December 9, 2014 01:26

According to Wiki.... over 200,000 in Germany

Date: December 9, 2014 11:46

DGA35
Hi Powerage, did you mean 25,000 or 250,000 copies? They weren't even predicting 250k sales in the US for the opening week.

250.000 in Germany
80.000 in France
160.000 USA

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-12-09 11:47 by powerage78.

Posted by: andrea66 ()
Date: December 9, 2014 13:08

powerage78
DGA35

250.000 in Germany
80.000 in France
160.000 USA
. - I saw yesterday an ac-dc fans website. They were complaining about the poor sales in the U.S. of this album compared to Black Ice ( 3- 4 times less) ..

Date: December 9, 2014 18:02

Yes, true for the US...

Date: December 9, 2014 18:12

andrea66
powerage78
DGA35

250.000 in Germany
80.000 in France
160.000 USA
. - I saw yesterday an ac-dc fans website. They were complaining about the poor sales in the U.S. of this album compared to Black Ice ( 3- 4 times less) ..

...no big Wal-Mart push this time....

Posted by: franzk ()
Date: December 12, 2014 14:34

Seems like the first date of the 2015 tour has been officialy announced:
[www.livenation.pl]

Warsaw, Poland, July 25

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1718192021222324252627...LastNext
Current Page: 22 of 117

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1876
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home