Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1617181920212223242526...LastNext
Current Page: 21 of 117
Re: OT: AC/DC future in question
Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: November 29, 2014 22:55

I was a Krokus fan back in the early 80's! Long Stick Goes Boom! Good AC/DC sound a like band. Saw them in early 82 when they opened for Motorhead in Vancouver. It was Motorhead's first concert after Fast Eddie quit several days earlier.

Posted by: shadooby ()
Date: November 29, 2014 23:52

DGA35
I was a Krokus fan back in the early 80's! Long Stick Goes Boom! Good AC/DC sound a like band. Saw them in early 82 when they opened for Motorhead in Vancouver. It was Motorhead's first concert after Fast Eddie quit several days earlier.

Check these out...talk about an AC/DC influence. From the album Rock the Block, 2003, they do AC/DC better than AC/DC. You can see why Storace was an early choice to replace Bon.

I've got all the Krokus (w/Storace). The newest album Dirty Dynamite kicks ass too! Seems like these guys can't slow down.

This one's a live album from this year...enjoy!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-11-30 00:11 by shadooby.

Date: November 30, 2014 00:25

i hope this hasn't been posted here already, but it's new to me so i thought I'd share it.

Posted by: andy js ()
Date: November 30, 2014 16:52

Please stop with the Krokus posts, my sides are still sore from laughing at their shit in the 80s!

Date: November 30, 2014 20:35

Krokus is awesome

Date: November 30, 2014 22:40

keefriffhard4life
Krokus is awesome
When I first heard Long Stick Goes Boom I actually thought it was a posthumous Bon Scott AC/DC release much in the same way they had released Dirty Deeds in the US after Bon died.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: November 30, 2014 22:50

shadooby
i hope this hasn't been posted here already, but it's new to me so i thought I'd share it.

Without a guitar in his hand, Angus has the charisma and energy of a soggy noodle. Mal is a much more interesting and engaging fellow and the personality of this band will definitely suffer without him. That interview about put me to sleep. peace

Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: November 30, 2014 22:59

Naturalust
shadooby

Without a guitar in his hand, Angus has the charisma and energy of a soggy noodle. Mal is a much more interesting and engaging fellow and the personality of this band will definitely suffer without him. That interview about put me to sleep. peace

...............watching this hurts... Angus is only 59...and acts strange.
But maybe it's just a PR job. I don't believe all this anymore. Remember when 90% of us thought Keith could not play guitar anymore before the 2012 comeback.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: November 30, 2014 23:13

ROCKMAN

Date: November 30, 2014 23:15

Remember when 90% of us thought Keith could not play guitar anymore

do you have their names and where they live ???

ROCKMAN

Date: November 30, 2014 23:42

Rockman

I was one of them at one time. Luckily I soon realized that we all (well some) will get old some day and age affects everybody in a different way. I'm now just grateful that they are still together and look forward to anything new.

Those of us that end up making it that long deserve that same respect.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-11-30 23:46 by shadooby.

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: December 1, 2014 00:29

Naturalust
shadooby

Probably why Brian does most interviews. This is how Angus always was. Check out "Let There Be Rock" from the Bon era. Many celebs who can put on an act in front of large crowds are horrible at interviews.

Date: December 1, 2014 00:39

Many celebs who can put on an act in front of large crowds are horrible at interviews.

....kinda like when most models speak....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: JohnnyBGoode ()
Date: December 1, 2014 00:43

What kind of setlist would you like to see on tour next year? I will try to be realistic...

1. For Those About To Rock (I think it would make a great opener!)
2. Rock Or Bust
3. Play Ball
4. Back In Black
5. Rock 'N' Roll Damnation
6. High Voltage
7. Rock The Blues Away
8. Shoot To Thrill
9. Hells Bells
10. Got Some Rock 'N' Roll Thunder
11. Stiff Upper Lip
12. TNT
13. Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap
14. The Jack
15. You Shook Me All Night Long
16. Girls Got Rhythm
17. Hell Ain't A Bad Place To Be
18. Whole Lotta Rosie
19. Highway To Hell
Encore
20. Thunderstruck
21. Let There Be Rock

7 Changeable Songs:
1. Hard As A Rock
2. Miss Adventure
3. Dogs Of War
4. War Machine
5. Let's Get It Up
6. Shot Down In Flames
7. Up To My Neck In You

Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: December 1, 2014 00:45

Rockman

No, do you?

Date: December 1, 2014 00:55

Hey I asked first ....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: December 1, 2014 02:31

Angus has ALWAYS been bad at interviews. He's just a very droll, dry, quiet guy and he doesn't particularly like doing interviews.

Brian, on the other hand, is a very gregarious raconteur and has a real zest for life.

I met Angus and Malcolm after a show in New Jersey in 2000, and was surprised that Angus said hardly a word...he was very generous with his time, but not talkative at all. Malcolm, on the other hand, walked right up to me and asked me, "Hi there! How were we soundin' out there tonight?"

I couldn't believe it...of course, I barely stammered out a "G-g-g-great!" I mean, just the fact that he asked ME how the band sounded blew my mind...and he asked me in a really earnest way, as if he cared about my answer.

It's just a total inversion of their stage personas, where Angus is the wild man and Malcolm is the reserved guy standing by the drum riser.

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: December 1, 2014 02:35

RipThisBone
Naturalust
shadooby

...............watching this hurts... Angus is only 59...and acts strange.
But maybe it's just a PR job. I don't believe all this anymore. Remember when 90% of us thought Keith could not play guitar anymore before the 2012 comeback.
Angus is a bad interviewee...always has been, even going back 10-20 years. He's very dry and always seems unsure of himself.

But now you add in the stress of his brother's illness, Phil's nonsense, and being nearly 60, and it makes his interviews even more excruciating.

He usually has the hilarious and outgoing Brian by his side to bail him out, but Cliff is hardly the best person to have there.

Date: December 1, 2014 03:58

shadooby
keefriffhard4life
Krokus is awesome
When I first heard Long Stick Goes Boom I actually thought it was a posthumous Bon Scott AC/DC release much in the same way they had released Dirty Deeds in the US after Bon died.

yeah they are a pretty good band

Posted by: JohnnyBGoode ()
Date: December 2, 2014 09:00

We talked about Krokus. Any Airbourne fans? lol

Posted by: bonddm ()
Date: December 2, 2014 10:36

Date: December 2, 2014 11:04

Nice album, but nothing special, imo.

The lyrics could have been written by a five year old in places. I wonder what goes through Brian Johnson's head when he's singing crap like Rock The Blues Away?

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: December 2, 2014 15:17

"Drummer Chris [Slade] calls former colleague “greatest rhythm guitarist ever born”
[classicrock.teamrock.com]

thumbs up

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: December 2, 2014 20:48

Lit Up by Buckcherry is a pretty good song AC/DC never wrote.

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: December 2, 2014 23:11

JohnnyBGoode
What kind of setlist would you like to see on tour next year? I will try to be realistic...

I'd be happy with this one
[www.setlist.fm]

Of course, I'd like to hear a couple of numbers from the new CD. If You Want Blood would be cool, as would Big Jack from Black Ice.

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: December 2, 2014 23:42

Father Ted
JohnnyBGoode

I'd be happy with this one
[www.setlist.fm]

Of course, I'd like to hear a couple of numbers from the new CD. If You Want Blood would be cool, as would Big Jack from Black Ice.

Realistic? Well, with Mal not there, it might be possible to get a little more flexibility in the setlist

Rock or Bust
Rock n Roll Train
Shoot to Thrill
Shot Down in Flames
Girls Got Rhythm (did it in '96, bring it back)
Thunderstruck
Rock the Blues Away*
Back in Black
Sin City
The Jack
Hells Bells
Dirty Deeds
Play Ball
You Shook Me All Night Long
Jailbreak
Whole Lotta Rosie
Let There Be Rock

* Substitute Baptism By Fire or another track from new album

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: December 3, 2014 01:31

It's amazing how AC/DC's setlists stay pretty much the same each time. The main variable is the 3 or 4 new songs from the album they're promoting!
I believe the only time since 1981 that they haven't ended with FTATR is in Paris on the Stiff Upper Lip tour when they came back on after that and played Ride On, which Brian introduced as "A Bon Scott song".

Posted by: mandu ()
Date: December 3, 2014 01:43

I love Airbourne

Feel The Fear
And Do It Anyway

Date: December 3, 2014 01:56

Oh yeah!

Posted by: chop ()
Date: December 3, 2014 03:32

Sad what happened to Malcolm. Dementia at only 60 is scary. Plus now it's revealed he's had a heart and lung procedure.

He's always seemed very frail and sickly. Small guy

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1617181920212223242526...LastNext
Current Page: 21 of 117

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2408
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home