Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2324252627282930313233...LastNext
Current Page: 28 of 117
Re: OT: AC/DC future in question
Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: February 9, 2015 21:28

Wow! You guys just don't get it!

Posted by: pepganzo ()
Date: February 9, 2015 22:26

Great drummer

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: February 9, 2015 22:36

I guess you can get this on a Stones site.................but we love 'em BluzDude, me, and a whole lot more. smileys with beer

Date: February 9, 2015 22:40

crawdaddy
I guess you can get this on a Stones site.................but we love 'em BluzDude, me, and a whole lot more. smileys with beer

smileys with beerthumbs up

...and pepganzo, I agree with you!

Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: February 9, 2015 22:53

BluzDude
crawdaddy

smileys with beerthumbs up

...and pepganzo, I agree with you!

I watched it again.... Well I like it a bit better, but "the feel" (Malcolm, Phil???) is gone. Maybe it's the plastic people and place.
Sorry to say. I had some great times at AC/DC shows (1983-2003), got all their albums, books,

Anybody want to buy a Blow Up Your Video poster signed by Angus? It's framed and signed: "To ..... @Young AC\DC (yes not AC/DC).
No won't sell it but just let you know AC/DC means a lot to me.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-02-10 00:15 by RipThisBone.

Posted by: latcho ()
Date: February 10, 2015 00:03

[www.youtube.com]

love this !!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: pepganzo ()
Date: February 10, 2015 00:05

why don't you change the title of the topic?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-02-10 00:27 by pepganzo.

Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: February 10, 2015 00:12

pepganzo
why don't you Change the title of the topic?

AC/DZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...No future in question.drinking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-02-10 00:13 by RipThisBone.

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: February 10, 2015 00:20

bitusa2012
RollingFreak
It will 100% only be one song. Despite the fact that they are legends, I've never seen anyone gets more than one song. I agree it'll probably be BluzDude, although I'd love it to be Thunderstruck.

uh huh!
I have to admit when I'm wrong. I'm shocked but very happy!

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: February 10, 2015 00:34

Herald Sun -- 10 Feb 2015

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: February 10, 2015 02:02

THE AUSTRALIAN --- 10 Feb 2015

ROCKMAN

Posted by: BroomWagon ()
Date: February 10, 2015 02:32

Rock and Roll Train, others really are great songs... and the Train song isn't that old.

Posted by: bonddm ()
Date: February 10, 2015 05:02

The slow tempo of HTH was due to Angus slowing down during the 2nd part of the opening riff.Slade was forced to to come in at the slower tempo.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-02-10 05:06 by bonddm.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: February 10, 2015 13:05

And the fact that Angus re-hired 69 yo Chris Slade makes me think they aint gonna play that fast on the upcoming tour.

What we saw at the Grammy's is the blueprint for the tour, a "55 mph" kind of tour. smoking smiley

At least the pyro and the cannons will bring a bit of excitement?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-02-10 13:06 by dcba.

Posted by: muenke ()
Date: February 10, 2015 13:17

bonddm
The slow tempo of HTH was due to Angus slowing down during the 2nd part of the opening riff.Slade was forced to to come in at the slower tempo.

I noticed that too. But otherwise the performance comes close to the tempo of the HTH-studio-version, personally I think it´s kinda cool to slow down a little bit ...

Date: February 10, 2015 18:23

muenke
bonddm

I noticed that too. But otherwise the performance comes close to the tempo of the HTH-studio-version, personally I think it´s kinda cool to slow down a little bit ...

If it's a choice to speed up or slow down, I would take the slower tempo almost always. Keep in mind they were together less than a week to practice for this, and you can't count time making a record (even without Chris) as rehearsal time.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: February 10, 2015 20:00

BluzDude
muenke
bonddm

If it's a choice to speed up or slow down, I would take the slower tempo almost always. Keep in mind they were together less than a week to practice for this, and you can't count time making a record (even without Chris) as rehearsal time.

Shouldn't need weeks of practice to play two friggin' songs, one of which Angus has played probably a thousand times. Not that I thought they did poorly.

Let 'em play at whatever tempo they are feeling the song on any given night and you'll probably get the best performance, imo. But I imagine it's a bit hard for Brian to sing some of them at slower tempos. Anyway I'm going to blame the drummer just because I want Phil Rudd back in the lineup. grinning smiley peace

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: February 10, 2015 20:50

I'm quite happy with Chris Slade as drummer in his old band.

Let's face it Phil Rudd is a great drummer ,but not in a fit state, mentally and physically to play in one of the top bands in the world.

As Naturalust says,let them play at whatever tempo they feel like.

It all comes out as the same song,just played a differant way. winking smiley

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: February 11, 2015 07:47

Reading online a rumour of a September 20 show at Commonwealth Stadium in Edmonton. If that's true, I would expect a September/October North American stadium tour!

Re: OT: AC/DC TORONTO
Posted by: Cocaine Eyes ()
Date: February 11, 2015 14:47

September 10 at Downsview Park.CONFIRMED.
70,000 people
Maybe other acts not yet announced.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: February 11, 2015 14:59

NEW YORK, Feb. 11, 2015 /PRNewswire/-- North American dates for AC/DC's Rock or Bust World Tour were announced today. The North American dates kick off on August 22nd in Foxborough, MA at Gillette Stadium and run through September 28th in Los Angeles, CA at Dodger Stadium (see below for full list of dates and on-sale information). Tickets available via Ticketmaster. Previously announced European dates on the Rock or Bust World Tour begin May 5th in Holland and run through late July.

The North American Tour date announcement comes days after AC/DC delivered an explosive performance of their current single "Rock or Bust" and their classic "Highway To Hell" which kicked off the 57th annual Grammy Awards. This marked the Grammy winning band's first time performing on U.S. television in over 14 years. AC/DC are also confirmed to headline the Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival on April 10th and 17th. Chris Slade will be on drums for the upcoming Rock or Bust World Tour.

AC/DC's latest album 'Rock or Bust' was released on December 2nd and immediately topped sales charts around the globe. The album's first 2 singles "Play Ball" and "Rock or Bust" were added to rock radio and featured in ad campaigns for major brands like Major League Baseball and Beats headphones.

AC/DC last toured the world from 2008-2010 with the Black Ice World Tour, which had the band playing to over 5 million fans in 108 cities in over 28 countries. The Black Ice World Tour earned AC/DC a Pollstar Award for Major Tour of the Year in 2010.

AC/DC North American Tour dates:

Date City Venue On sale date
August 22 Foxborough, MA Gillette Stadium February 16
August 26 E. Rutherford, NJ MetLife Stadium February 16
August 28 Quebec City, ON Plains Of Abraham February 16
August 31 Montreal, QC Olympic Stadium February 16
September 3 Ottawa, ON TD Place February 16
September 5 Moncton, NB Magnetic Hill February 16
September 8 Detroit, MI Ford Field February 16
September 10Toronto, ON Downsview Park February 16
September 15Chicago, IL Wrigley Field February 16
September 20Edmonton, AL Commonwealth Stadium February 16
September 22Vancouver, BC BC Place February 16
September 25San Francisco, CA AT&T Park February 15
September 28Los Angeles, CA Dodger Stadium February 16

[www.prnewswire.com]

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: February 11, 2015 15:14

In the US they're only going to play the Chicago, Detroit, Boston, NYC, LA & SF markets? Do they only have fans on the edges of the country? Foxboro may be the farthest inland they make it. Strange. More dates to be added?

Peace,
Mr DJA

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: February 11, 2015 16:02

RipThisBone
dcba
The Sicilian

Therein lies the difference. Even at low volume at home on a cheap set of computer speakers that music reverberated my viewing space. I would pay $200 to see that kind of show AC/DC put on. I would not pay that for a mediocre noodling Stones show.

HTHell was pretty weak and lifeless though...

Yes, it was. Played much too slow also. There's a video on www.RollingStone.com.

On top of that, let's not ignore the fact that "Rock or bust" is an incredibly weak song, as well...
(Even for their standards, I might add - they've always been maximum high-octane boogie-fueled Rock'n'Roll; but never quite extraordinary nor exceptional troubadours, now have they?!...)

I dunno. I thought this was a really weak performance...?! And I definitely don't get where all the ravin' over here is coming from. We all must be really really hungry for some rock'n'roll. "They rocked the Grammys!!..." - Yeah; right. Big, big deal, ey?! That's like hitting a home run by playing baseball with a tennis racket.

I welcome Chris Slade back; I was Thunderstruck-ed well enough by him in some of their earlier years... Good Pick! But there's NO WAY this band can continue without Malcolm (judging by these two songs), imo. Now HERE you have a band that has become (due to these circumstances beyond their will & control, obviously) its own cover/ tribute version...
(Although I respect & applaud 100% their effort to keep going!)

I love AC/DC to shreds; got every album ('till aprox. the end of the nineties), I've seen some great-great live gigs of 'em... If this video, however, is anything to go by, I think they're done.

...But I do hope I'll stand corrected by the time their tour is over!!

P.S.: Sicilian, although I respect your opinion, and I'm happy for you y'r viewing space got reverberated ànd for the fact that you will - depending on where you live off course - have the chance this year to spend 200 bones on these cats; I really pity you. I certainly don't want to offend you; but I just had to say this. Take it as you want, show me the finger for all I care... But I DO.

Posted by: andy js ()
Date: February 11, 2015 18:27

Thought the Grammy performance was fine. I'd rather have a slow HTH than a fast one that's for sure, at least it retained it's groove this time

And, it wouldn't be Slade era AC/DC without a tempo @#$%& up sadly

Posted by: batcave ()
Date: February 11, 2015 18:34

Want to see them again, but I'm not going to go see them in a stadium.

Date: February 11, 2015 18:38

Hey andy js, knowing you are not a big Chris Slade fan, will that cause you not to go see them this year?

Posted by: alhavu1 ()
Date: February 11, 2015 18:51

who cares

Date: February 11, 2015 19:06

alhavu1
who cares

well you must, because you're here

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: February 11, 2015 19:34

RoughJusticeOnYa

I welcome Chris Slade back

So do I. You ahve to credit Angus to have the balls to (re)hire a dude who's 69.
He could have easily picked up a "young" drummer in his 40's but he didn't.

Makes me think Angus is even more "hardcore" and not-here-to-please-the-audience's-wishes than Keef!! thumbs up

Now I just hope they'll muscle upt he live sound before the tour starts. That's what rehearsals are for. If the whole tour sounds like the Grammy bit I'll feel disappointed.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: February 11, 2015 19:54

mr_dja
In the US they're only going to play the Chicago, Detroit, Boston, NYC, LA & SF markets? Do they only have fans on the edges of the country? Foxboro may be the farthest inland they make it. Strange. More dates to be added?

Peace,
Mr DJA

Huge stadiums in cities with large guaranteed markets. I think this tour is more about revenue generation for the band than pleasing all their fans. Probably the last one for them and they are trying to get the most bang for the buck. Not that I expect more from them or there is anything inherently wrong with that, but I'm going to pass on this one. If Mal and Phil were playing, I'd consider it but stadiums and substitutions tip the scale for me. peace

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2324252627282930313233...LastNext
Current Page: 28 of 117

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1555
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home