Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 5 of 6
Re: OT: Breaking Bad
Date: October 16, 2015 10:20

Loved the Fly, LOL. For me, there was tension there grinning smiley

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: October 16, 2015 11:26

latebloomer
Cristiano Radtke
nightskyman
I got into the series late, but then got hooked and watched most of the episodes of the earlier seasons.

Overall performances are excellent, and I loved the setting. No episode was ever boring and the main character's storyline always provided for plenty of interest.

Although I've read people talking a lot about BB, I also got into it very late. Actually I started watching the series when it has already ended but I liked every episode very much. But in my opinion one of the episodes was very boring: "The Fly (from the second or third season).

You're not alone...though I didn't think it was as bad as some did.

What was that episode about?

2 1 2 0

Date: October 16, 2015 11:55

Come On
latebloomer
Cristiano Radtke
nightskyman
I got into the series late, but then got hooked and watched most of the episodes of the earlier seasons.

Overall performances are excellent, and I loved the setting. No episode was ever boring and the main character's storyline always provided for plenty of interest.

Although I've read people talking a lot about BB, I also got into it very late. Actually I started watching the series when it has already ended but I liked every episode very much. But in my opinion one of the episodes was very boring: "The Fly (from the second or third season).

What was that episode about?

[en.wikipedia.org])

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: October 16, 2015 12:06

OK, thanks DP...I can't remember that this episode dissappointed me though..smiling smiley

Let's mention the best of all episodes where Jesse's bigger friend got busted for Selling to a cop...that guy acting the cop is number one in the complete box for me...I got completely shocked that he not was a junkie when he suddenly switched...smashing acting and scriptwriting...

2 1 2 0

Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: October 16, 2015 12:47

For what its worth i watched Breaking Bad in its entirety , all episodes in one week, best series ever imho
in case someone has not seen the ending i just deleted that

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-10-16 12:58 by keefriffhards.

Date: October 16, 2015 20:45

Just wondered if any one else watched all 5 series in one week, or am i da man, the dude, top gun lol

Posted by: Olly ()
Date: October 17, 2015 01:38

keefriffhards, that's some 62 hours of television in seven days... how did you manage it?

Olly.

Date: October 17, 2015 10:20

Olly
keefriffhards, that's some 62 hours of television in seven days... how did you manage it?

I had a week off lol

Date: October 17, 2015 14:27

I agree with almost everything that has been said. One of the best series ever, incredibly addictive. I've been watching the whole thing in about two weeks, which was a bit frustrating, i mean, it's allready over? Shit i want more!
I would rank it second best serie ever after The Sopranos, i don't know, there are so much awesome ones now, like Treme or True Detective or The Wire.
Well, i take the opportunity to ask American people here something i'm very curious about. The guy is not a working poor, he is a middle class teacher with a health insurance which refuse to pay for the treatment, beginning of the whole story. Is it credible, does it really happen in real life?

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: October 17, 2015 14:44

Episode with respect to the train robbery is my favorite.

Posted by: Sighunt ()
Date: October 17, 2015 16:15

I got addicted to Breaking Bad when it was brought to Netflix. I binge-watched the whole show over several weekends and I still contend that this is arguably one of the best tv series I have seen in the last 10 years. The creators of the show had the common sense to end its run while it was still on top. There are many tv shows out there where the quality has diminished over several seasons and you wish the plug had been pulled.

On a related note (as I don't have AMC), what is the verdict on Better Call Saul? I am tended to buy the first season when it comes out on video in 11/15.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: October 17, 2015 16:42

We very much enjoyed the first season Better Call Saul, it got better and better as each episode went along.
Here is a pretty good review:
[www.esquire.com]

Date: October 18, 2015 21:59

latebloomer
Cristiano Radtke

Breaking Bad's bottle episode.

Olly.

Posted by: exhpart ()
Date: October 19, 2015 18:42

I loved BB...anyone mentioned the Keith reference yet? From the pilot I think it's Hank when Mr White is handling his gun..."like Keith Richards and a glass of warm milk"

So not so OT after all!

Posted by: blivet ()
Date: October 19, 2015 19:25

Olly
latebloomer
Cristiano Radtke

Breaking Bad's bottle episode.

IIRC they needed to do a relatively cheap episode (no location shooting, no new sets, as few actors as possible) to defray the cost of building the superlab set.

Posted by: nightskyman ()
Date: October 19, 2015 19:41

35love
We very much enjoyed the first season Better Call Saul, it got better and better as each episode went along.
[www.esquire.com]

Same here...I think if you enjoyed BB then you'll likely to have same feeling for 'Better Call Saul.' It's not quite as intense, but also I feel more sympathy for the Saul character.

Date: October 20, 2015 00:54

exhpart
I loved BB...anyone mentioned the Keith reference yet? From the pilot I think it's Hank when Mr White is handling his gun..."like Keith Richards and a glass of warm milk"

So not so OT after all!

Yes, it crops up in this thread:

[www.iorr.org]

Olly.

Posted by: BILLPERKS ()
Date: October 20, 2015 05:27

Chris Fountain
Episode with respect to the train robbery is my favorite.

I second that

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: October 28, 2015 23:11

X

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-10-28 23:33 by latebloomer.

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: October 28, 2015 23:24

what ? is this true? amazing..

Date: October 28, 2015 23:35

Sorry duke, I think it's actually a hoax, so I deleted the post. A friend who works in entertainment sent it to me, but now I don't think it's true.

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: October 28, 2015 23:37

it was so ...believeable.. I wanted to believe it..grinning smiley

( feeling a bit gullible here...)

cool smiley

Date: October 28, 2015 23:45

duke richardson
it was so ...believeable.. I wanted to believe it..grinning smiley

( feeling a bit gullible here...)

cool smiley

...better than feeling foolish and embarrassed. winking smiley

Date: October 28, 2015 23:54

This ties in with the discussion in the Desert Island Discs thread concerning the different approaches to journalism that exist in Britain and America.

Why would NBC carry a hoax such as this?

Olly.

Date: October 29, 2015 00:02

It wasn't NBC and that was the tipoff for me. Looked closely at the address...

Date: October 29, 2015 00:09

Yes, I've never accessed the NBC website before, but have just found their website, with a different url.

Olly.

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: October 29, 2015 00:26

The hoax has been circulating for over a year.
[www.snopes.com]

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-10-29 00:29 by Deltics.

Date: October 29, 2015 00:33

Deltics
The hoax has been circulating for over a year.
[www.snopes.com]

The last paragraph about the new masturbating character had me scratching my head, so then I looked at the story more closely. Serves me right for hanging out on FB. grinning smiley

Posted by: Sighunt ()
Date: November 18, 2015 03:28

35love
[www.esquire.com]

I went to my local Target store a week or so ago and purchased the first season of Better Call Saul on DVD. Oh man- I binged watched the whole thing. I'm just as addicted to this show as I was with BB. Now I have to say- so far from what I have seen, the show is not quite as intense as BB and may be a slight notch below, but the story lines, characters, and writing are still top notch, and is arguably as good as anything that is out there on tv now.

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: November 18, 2015 03:50

I too loved Better Call Saul, and yes, the first season was some good satire and comedy. Much like the first two seasons of Breaking Bad. I would expect Saul to get darker as it goes.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 5 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2024
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home