Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 2 of 6
Re: OT: Breaking Bad
Posted by: jaggerman ()
Date: April 10, 2014 15:42

Best show ever !!

The sopranos get an honorable mention though

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: April 10, 2014 16:23

AlanPartridge
treaclefingers
It's on my Netflix list.

House of Cards is my favourite...it this is better than House of Cards I will fall off my chair.

Hope you don't hurt yourself in the fall.....

House of Cards is very good, just watched it all, but Breaking Bad is better

Well that is very good news then!

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: April 10, 2014 16:38

Very different shows, how can you say one is better than the other one?

Date: April 10, 2014 16:40

Koen

purely qualitative. really you can only say which show you prefer, so you're quite right.

Date: April 10, 2014 16:44

Koen

In terms of how addictive they are smiling smiley

I couldn't stop watching Breaking Bad, but I can live with watching a couple of episodes a week of House Of Cards. Love both series, though.

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: April 10, 2014 17:05

DandelionPowderman
Koen

I couldn't stop watching Breaking Bad, but I can live with watching a couple of episodes a week of House Of Cards. Love both series, though.

agree..personally I think House Of Cards is crazy good.. then Breaking Bad took it higher..theyre both amazing..House Of Cards is more darkly funny, but I haven't watched the second season yet..

there's a lot of great shows now that stream..'Orange Is The New Black' is another one..very well written, interesting, over the top characters..

that one with McConaghey and Harrelson..cant watch it because its on HBO which I don't have. but all I've heard is how great it is..

Posted by: michaelsavage ()
Date: April 10, 2014 17:13

dcba
71Tele
Pollos.

"The Fly" (season III)

THAT was the only bad episode. Horrific. Every other epidsode was great

Date: April 10, 2014 17:16

duke richardson
DandelionPowderman
Koen

agree..personally I think House Of Cards is crazy good.. then Breaking Bad took it higher..theyre both amazing..House Of Cards is more darkly funny, but I haven't watched the second season yet..

there's a lot of great shows now that stream..'Orange Is The New Black' is another one..very well written, interesting, over the top characters..

that one with McConaghey and Harrelson..cant watch it because its on HBO which I don't have. but all I've heard is how great it is..

Duke man....you are in for a treat in season 2. Fasten your seat belt, starting with the first episode.

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: April 10, 2014 17:19

treaclefingers
duke richardson
DandelionPowderman
Koen

Duke man....you are in for a treat in season 2. Fasten your seat belt, starting with the first episode.

(smiling in anticipation) thanks, treac!

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: April 10, 2014 17:35

michaelsavage
dcba
71Tele
Pollos.

"The Fly" (season III)

THAT was the only bad episode. Horrific. Every other epidsode was great

I think that was a love it or hate it episode--Vince Gilligan said he thought it would be many people's favorite. (Not mine, I admit.)

Everybody seems to be watching True Detective these days. But not having watched from the beginning, I think for me this will be another case of "wait till the end and then catch it all at once."

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: April 10, 2014 17:43

My kids are hooked on Sherlock, so I'll check that out this summer. Someone mentioned True Blood; that's a fun show, even though it's a bit like a soap opera.

The NY Times calls all the current great shows, TV's new golden age.

[www.nytimes.com]

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: April 10, 2014 17:53

michaelsavage

"The Fly" (season III)

THAT was the only bad episode. Horrific. Every other epidsode was great[/quote]

This episode is the one that separates the tourists from the tourists, Na! grinning smiley

To me BB is an old story since I followed it every week since the pilot. I now appreciate its greatness when I compare it to other TV "masterworks", like "Homeland" which is pitiful imo.

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: April 10, 2014 18:15

Epilogue....
...(spoiler alert)....>grinning smiley<

The Lannisters take over the blue meth business.
Nucky Thompson is appointed the East Coast boss.
Vic Mackey is assigned to bust them, but takes a bribe which allows then to continue their operation.

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: April 10, 2014 18:22

Phenomenal show. I dismissed it as yet another tough-guy action show.. the advertisements never painted it accurately! The show is a psychological-western-suspense-thriller. It is chess with terrible people, where the good guys care too much about their pawns!

Date: April 10, 2014 18:44

BluzDude
Epilogue....

Vic Mackey is assigned to bust them, but takes a bribe which allows then to continue their operation.

Nope at the very end of the show Walter and Pinkman fly to Utah and get married...
(yep that's true!)

Posted by: DEmerson ()
Date: April 10, 2014 18:46

Best show ever.

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: April 10, 2014 18:48

dcba
BluzDude
Epilogue....

Nope at the very end of the show Walter and Pinkman fly to Utah and get married...
(yep that's true!)

So, Does Walter become Walter Pinkman, or does Jesse become Jesse White and become the Maytag repair man?

Date: April 10, 2014 20:49

latebloomer
My kids are hooked on Sherlock, so I'll check that out this summer. Someone mentioned True Blood; that's a fun show, even though it's a bit like a soap opera.

[www.nytimes.com]

yes, it's very 'hookable'. I can almost guarantee you will enjoy it. It really is TV's new golden age. The quality is just so high right now. I think the competition from cable channels and now web-based content providers like Netflix are contributing to this trend.

I've no idea what's playing in the movie theatre's right now and I honestly don't care. I'll eventually get around to it on digital download or Netflix if it's good enough!

BTW, Lilyhammer is also excellent. I watched the first episode of Downton Abbey last week...that has the potential to be 'hookable' as well.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: April 10, 2014 21:08

I'm doing the same with Downton Abbey that I did with BB (and just did with Game of Thrones), namely watching the past episodes all at once. Advantage with Downton is that the first three series are free with Amazon Prime Video. thumbs up

Had to wait till I'd finished the books before watching Game of Thrones.

Date: April 10, 2014 21:12

Aquamarine
I'm doing the same with Downton Abbey that I did with BB (and just did with Game of Thrones), namely watching the past episodes all at once. Advantage with Downton is that the first three series are free with Amazon Prime Video. thumbs up

Had to wait till I'd finished the books before watching Game of Thrones.

We'll do that as well, it's on Netflix right now.

Date: April 10, 2014 21:21

latebloomer

[www.nytimes.com]

Same here (with Sherlock) smiling smiley

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: April 10, 2014 21:23

I always thought it was "Downtown Abby" smoking smiley

Date: April 10, 2014 22:01

Just saw AAron paul on TV tonight for his 1st major feature film... The flick looks like crap! confused smiley
[en.wikipedia.org]

Date: April 10, 2014 22:33

Koen
I always thought it was "Downtown Abby" smoking smiley

Downtown Suzie you mean.

Posted by: Sighunt ()
Date: April 11, 2014 01:01

Koen

Wow Jesse Pinkman & the 'boyz! I can just hear him know: "That's right. That's me and my homies Keef & Ronnie-BITCCCH!"

Posted by: trainarollin ()
Date: April 11, 2014 01:58

Breaking Bad is one of the only shows I can think that someone can suggest to a friend to just watch the pilot (first episode) and then they are hooked and won't leave the house for the weekend.

Date: April 11, 2014 02:00

trainarollin
Breaking Bad is one of the only shows I can think that someone can suggest to a friend to just watch the pilot (first episode) and then they are hooked and won't leave the house for the weekend.

That's what happened to me with House of Cards, and Lily Hammer as well.

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: April 11, 2014 03:58

I remember there was a Mad Men thread. I couldn't find it the other day. I'm very into that show right now. Starting season 5. Haven't checked out Breaking Bad yet, i'll probably watch it eventually.

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: April 11, 2014 06:05

The Breaking Bad producer said on Conan that his dream guest star would be Keith Richards. Too late now.

Posted by: spsimmons ()
Date: April 11, 2014 06:09

Best show since The Andy Griffith Show!

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 2 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2003
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home