Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1819202122232425262728...LastNext
Current Page: 23 of 29
Re: PARIS France 2014 Rolling Stones show and travel info
Posted by: Topi ()
Date: June 6, 2014 13:42

Yes gotdablouse, I got the info about Gate S from Stade de France directly. Merci toutefois!

Date: June 6, 2014 13:44

Right now in Paris, Dominique Tarlé's Nellcôte photos are up at Galerie de l'Instant in the 3th arrondissement:

[rockerparis.blogspot.fr]

Gotta go there on Saturday afternoon before my flight to Vienna.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-06-06 13:51 by Topi.

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: June 6, 2014 14:19

Anyone know what the time gap is between the early entry for Pelouse VIP packages and the entry for those of us with "regular" Pelouse VIP - one hour?

I can't remember going to Stade de France particularly early last time and there was loads of room in the front standing section, but I somehow think this time it's going to be different.

Posted by: lenurb ()
Date: June 6, 2014 14:36

drbryant
The last two shows at Stade de France, they ended around 11:00, and the line to the RER looked so long I was sure we would miss the train. But, somehow, the line moves slowly but steadily. I think you'll be fine.
There will be sure enough trains, in Stade de France station. But if you need a connection, take care. In 2007 there was no connection train in the station I reached, so I walked. Well Paris is not the worst place to walk at night. Enjoy !

Posted by: Wroclaw ()
Date: June 7, 2014 23:17

Question for people who know (or can wisely guess) how these things go on Paris -

Since I didn't want to repeat blue balls (sorry for my rudness...) experience with the O2 2012 ticket fiasco (trying to get what I wanted, ended YCAGWYW) I compromised on Pelouse Debout tickets.

Do you think there are any chances of me arriving on the day of the concert to the box office at SDF and getting an "upgrade" to one of the better standing area - paying the difference between the 2 tickets (face value)? I mean... do the people working there have any authority about these issues, or do they stick to selling tickets and that's that? I refer to cases where they clearly have tickets to sell to a certain area.

If this can work - is there a time considered good to arrive in order to ask for this?

Thanks!

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: June 7, 2014 23:54

Unless they have an unexpected late arrival of "Pelouse Or" and "Pelouse VIP" tickets (very, very unlikely) I can't see how they would upgrade your "Pelouse Ticket" and then they would probably sell a "full ticket" to you direct.

There are chances there will be people selling "Pelouse Or" and "Pelouse VIP" tickets with all the risks involved, in fact I just checked www.leboncoin.fr and there are "Pelouse VIP" for sale, no price shown though...On the other hand if you're going to be there early you should get a decent spot in "Pelouse" and no stress, so...

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Date: June 8, 2014 00:11

gotdablouse
Unless they have an unexpected late arrival of "Pelouse Or" and "Pelouse VIP" tickets (very, very unlikely) I can't see how they would upgrade your "Pelouse Ticket" and then they would probably sell a "full ticket" to you direct.

There are chances there will be people selling "Pelouse Or" and "Pelouse VIP" tickets with all the risks involved, in fact I just checked www.leboncoin.fr and there are "Pelouse VIP" for sale, no price shown though...On the other hand if you're going to be there early you should get a decent spot in "Pelouse" and no stress, so...

Thank you - sounds reasonable. BTW - I referred to a situation where 3 hours before the show they have quite a few available ticket to 1 of the 2 better standing areas which they assume wont sellout. Does in such a case the supervisor can decide he will do a P.VIP Minus p3 ticket, charge the difference and upgrade? or is it that they just do not care?

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: June 8, 2014 00:14

I'm travelling form Oxfordshire, with, at present, no ticket. If I can pick up a Pelouse Or at reasonable cost between now and Wednesday (I head for Paris Thursday am) I'll take it. It will have to be an e-ticket though. Pelouse Or will allow access to the Podium at the End of the Catwalk. I was front row there in Oslo and cannot recommend it highly enough - it's a fantastic viewing spot and nearly the equal of Pelouse VIP, or GC at most venues.

I was 1st in the queue for GA in Oslo and hoped early arrivals would be allowed into GC but they weren't - the gap was filled by Lucky Dippers.

There will be plenty of ticket available on the day - worry not. For a 75,000 venue there will be loads. Take the following tools:

A floor and seating plan from ticketnet.fr

High res colour copies of tickets (front and back) - see ebay.fr This will stop you buying fakes.

Arrive about 2 hours before the doors open (4pm) and sniff around for opportunities. There may even be a seatwave or viagogo office around the stadium. There was indeed one for the O2 shows in 2012 and I picked up a £326
ticket for £100. Once inside, the 2 seats to my left were empty.

There will always be groups of people where one of their party couldn't make it and they have a spare to sell. In 1998, even with a crowd of 77,000 there were absolutely loads.

Date: June 8, 2014 00:25

grzegorz67
I'm travelling form Oxfordshire, with, at present, no ticket. If I can pick up a Pelouse Or at reasonable cost between now and Wednesday (I head for Paris Thursday am) I'll take it. It will have to be an e-ticket though. Pelouse Or will allow access to the Podium at the End of the Catwalk. I was front row there in Oslo and cannot recommend it highly enough - it's a fantastic viewing spot and nearly the equal of Pelouse VIP, or GC at most venues.

I was 1st in the queue for GA in Oslo and hoped early arrivals would be allowed into GC but they weren't - the gap was filled by Lucky Dippers.

There will be plenty of ticket available on the day - worry not. For a 75,000 venue there will be loads. Take the following tools:

High res colour copies of tickets (front and back) - see ebay.fr This will stop you buying fakes.

Arrive about 2 hours before the doors open (4pm) and sniff around for opportunities. There may even be a seatwave or viagogo office around the stadium. There was indeed one for the O2 shows in 2012 and I picked up a £326

There will always be groups of people where one of their party couldn't make it and they have a spare to sell. In 1998, even with a crowd of 77,000 there were absolutely loads.

Well ... lets hope for the best... Didn't care that much about it being P3 ticket at first... but then I got a feeling in the last few day's this is gonna be my last RS gig ever, so suddenly was tempted for the FOS ones. If these were sold now on face value - I think I would have grabbed it, despite the "double booking".

Date: June 8, 2014 00:36

Pelouse Debout may still be fine. It just depends where the catwalk extends out to. The very front of Pelouse Debout should give a decent enough view. There's been no accurate information about the dimensions of the floorplan for Paris yet. There's also the possibility of extra tickets being sold once the stage is built - and they will be seats close to the stage - that's common practise in the Concert industry. They may even put more on sale on the day to stuff the touts.

NOTHING will stop me going cool smiley

I get a bus to Oxford just before 6am. Can't wait! This will be my 3rd show at SdF - I was seated in lower section U6 row 8 (halfway line) in 2007 and had a nosebleed seat in 1998 (although I got past security onto the field ) and thoroughly enjoyed both.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posted by: Honestman ()
Date: June 8, 2014 02:32

Beast
Anyone know what the time gap is between the early entry for Pelouse VIP packages and the entry for those of us with "regular" Pelouse VIP - one hour?

I can't remember going to Stade de France particularly early last time and there was loads of room in the front standing section, but I somehow think this time it's going to be different.

Got a regular Pelouse VIP Ticket as well , according to what's written on it, it's 6 P.M. earlier will be more secure I guess.

HMN

Posted by: swiss ()
Date: June 8, 2014 02:49

grzegorz67

A friend has 2 silver VIP hotseats available...

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: June 8, 2014 02:57

grzegorz67
Pelouse Debout may still be fine. It just depends where the catwalk extends out to. The very front of Pelouse Debout should give a decent enough view. There's been no accurate information about the dimensions of the floorplan for Paris yet. There's also the possibility of extra tickets being sold once the stage is built - and they will be seats close to the stage - that's common practise in the Concert industry. They may even put more on sale on the day to stuff the touts.

I get a bus to Oxford just before 6am. Can't wait! This will be my 3rd show at SdF - I was seated in lower section U6 row 8 (halfway line) in 2007 and had a nosebleed seat in 1998 (although I got past security onto the field ) and thoroughly enjoyed both.

Hi,I've got a seat in the stands quite high up,do you think I might be able to somehow sneak onto the field how hard was it when you did it?

Thanks
Nate

Date: June 8, 2014 02:59

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-06-08 03:12 by grzegorz67.

Date: June 8, 2014 03:08

swiss
grzegorz67

What section are they in and how much ? I only need a single and I'm not willing to pay more than face.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: June 8, 2014 03:11

Nate
grzegorz67

Hi,I've got a seat in the stands quite high up,do you think I might be able to somehow sneak onto the field how hard was it when you did it?

Thanks
Nate

It was not remotely hard when I did it - the whole thing was very open access and the lower tiers were unreserved GA, just like the whole pitch. I just walked onto the side entrance of the pitch and no-one checked anything.

However, that was 16 years ago - a very different era. I'd be surprised if you could do that now. Even in 2007 all seats in all tiers were reserved and access to the pitch was controlled.

Date: June 8, 2014 10:48

Again, here is the link for Galerie de L'Instant, it was not working the other day for me:

[www.lagaleriedelinstant.com]

Opening hours 11h-19h on weekdays and Saturdays, 14h30-18h30 on Sundays.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-06-08 10:49 by Topi.

Posted by: swiss ()
Date: June 8, 2014 11:08

grzegorz67
swiss
grzegorz67

What section are they in and how much ? I only need a single and I'm not willing to pay more than face.

Friend says: "The tickets are located at U6 row 13, seats 5 and 6, I paid $500--the Stones have a ramp that goes out into the stadium so these seats should be awesome (I have paypal if they want them and will send asap). Each come with: One Premium Reserved CAT 1 Seated Ticket Complimentary Rolling Stones VIP Gift Bag Gift Bag Contains VIP Merchandise Created Exclusively for The Rolling Stones Tour! One Commemorative VIP Laminate & Matching Lanyard All VIPs will also receive one Souvenir Tour Program VIP ID Card - sent in advance Bespoke Rolling Stones ticket wallet VIP Merchandise Collection point onsite at the venue." Email me if interested asap. Or respond in the Ticket Trader section of iorr. thanks

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: June 8, 2014 12:05

grzegorz67
Nate
grzegorz67

Thanks
Nate

It was not remotely hard when I did it - the whole thing was very open access and the lower tiers were unreserved GA, just like the whole pitch. I just walked onto the side entrance of the pitch and no-one checked anything.

However, that was 16 years ago - a very different era. I'd be surprised if you could do that now. Even in 2007 all seats in all tiers were reserved and access to the pitch was controlled.

Ok thanks for info maybe I will try to parachute in.

Nate

Date: June 8, 2014 12:17

Honestman
Beast

Got a regular Pelouse VIP Ticket as well , according to what's written on it, it's 6 P.M. earlier will be more secure I guess.

Thanks. I was just wondering what time people with VIP package tickets were let in, as they'll have first choice of places over anyone without a package ticket but it's hard to know how many have packages. Maybe the early entry for them is at 5 p.m., then.

Date: June 8, 2014 13:13

It looks like they can get in from 4.15PM until 5.20PM : [www.eventtravel.com]

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Date: June 8, 2014 13:26

Thanks for the detective work, gotdablouse. See you next Friday!

Date: June 8, 2014 14:01

Sure, and sorry I should have mentioned that the link was posted by shattered1978 last week [www.iorr.org] - anyway, yes, see you next Friday ! I'll be aiming for the rail on the catwalk, assuming there is indeed one (most likely), Keith's side!

--------------

Date: June 8, 2014 14:04

I'm sure to be aiming for a similar spot! A bientot, alors...

Date: June 8, 2014 14:34

WEATHER IS GONNA BE PERFECT!!! smiling bouncing smileysmileys with beersmileys with beer

Date: June 8, 2014 16:35

Wroclaw
WEATHER IS GONNA BE PERFECT!!! smiling bouncing smileysmileys with beersmileys with beer

So I see Wroclaw. I'm a pale skinned Scot so will be covering up and bringing my sun lotion. I've been to Wroclaw btw, twice! Lovely City and it now has a Stadium the Stones could play at. I was at Chorzow '98. Have many Polish friends hence my user name.smileys with beer

Posted by: petewasbristol ()
Date: June 8, 2014 16:47

Anyone else not got a ticket yet? I think i'm just going to rock upon the day!winking smileycool smiley

Date: June 8, 2014 16:59

grzegorz67
Wroclaw

So I see Wroclaw. I'm a pale skinned Scot so will be covering up and bringing my sun lotion. I've been to Wroclaw btw, twice! Lovely City and it now has a Stadium the Stones could play at. I was at Chorzow '98. Have many Polish friends hence my user name.smileys with beer

Well... I'm pale skinned non Scot... hoped for a non full of radiation day...

Funny - I aint Polish... adopted this name as the first time I ever registered on an international discussion board I happened to be sitting at some Beer place, drinking Lech at Wroclaw's Rynek... grinning smiley

BUT... strangely enough... My Grandmother was born and raised in Chorzow... Grew up with stories about some field town surrounded by coal "pits" and when travelling there for the first time (to search for some family graves... should have asked someone from Poland first I guess, about what happens to graves after some 20-25 years... would have saved me a trip) was astonished when seeing that huge stadium near the tram tracks... My Grandma was dead by then and I was sad I couldnt have told her how many rock legends must have played her back yard eye rolling smiley

Date: June 8, 2014 17:01

Me! A Swindon based Scot. See you there. I've done it before - twice for the Stones and achieved a 60% and 70% price cuts respectively. Show up at 4-ish and start sniffing about. See my previous post about prep. You'll get in! Be prepared to walk way at silly asking prices. Best not dress in 'Stones Colours' either as they'll sense desperation.

Good luck Mr Bristolian smileys with beer

Date: June 8, 2014 19:07

Beast
I'm sure to be aiming for a similar spot! A bientot, alors...

Myself and BarRoomQueen will be joining you at that spot.......we may be Out Of Control!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1819202122232425262728...LastNext
Current Page: 23 of 29

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2122
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home