Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1718192021222324252627...LastNext
Current Page: 22 of 29
Re: PARIS France 2014 Rolling Stones show and travel info
Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: May 29, 2014 16:18

It's not a Tongue pit, but aside from having to hold your spot, it's almost as good as a real Tongue Pit. If Event Travel handles it in the usual manner, I am almost certain that it will be early entry to the Pelouse VIP section. It's great because you are basically first or second row. The disadvantage of course is that you need to wait a few hours, and hold your spot. For the price, the Paris Package isn't a bad deal, considering you get a program and some goods with the early entry - arrive early to get the best spot.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-05-30 05:45 by drbryant.

Date: June 3, 2014 12:48

Anastasia60
BERTHILLON!! The best 4 Euros I've ever spent - for one small boule of amazing vanilla ice cream!! You can get Berthillon in some cafes in Paris, but, if you are in Paris for a day or two, the main store on the Ile St Louis is lovely.

Any talk about a meeting place the day/night before the show? In 2007 we met in a nice little bar Bar LE SOUS-BOCK 49 RUE SAINT-HONORE, 75001 PARIS
Per Google maps, it's still there....

Hi Susan and Anette...really did enjoy "faire la connaissance avec vous"...not to forget about the hug...we should/could make an appointment for Paris just to make sure you'll get another setlist pic...
cool smiley
Michael le Berlinois

Posted by: OnlyKeef ()
Date: June 3, 2014 13:19

OnlyKeef
If someone interested I have 2 Paris Lucky dip tix for sale for their face value. I will be also in Paris for the concert and for collect Lucky dip tickets from Box Office. If interested email me: [email protected]

Still avaiable If interested.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: June 3, 2014 15:48

Anyone still looking for Paris Pelouse VIP (FOS area) tickets, take note that after holding out for weeks and weeks and weeks, the dreamers at Viagogo are finally adjusting their price demands accordingly, and also unsurprisingly - the number of tickets available is going UP !!

[www.viagogo.co.uk]

There currently 122 for sale, lowest price is €250. Face value of these is €111.50, so there's a way to go yet, but for the last few weeks they've been asking between €350 and €400. Idiots !!

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: June 3, 2014 15:58

Good Work PaulyWaulsmileys with beer

If there really is collusion between the Secondary & Primary Sites, expect these tickets to tranfer straight to the Primary Site on show day and they'll sell them on the day. I was at the SdF in 2007 and FoS tickets were available for 50 EUR despite beeing shown as sold out on ticketnet.fr from Day 1.

We should have a Roll Call of ticketless Brits heading for Paris. My guess is that there will be a lotwinking smiley

Posted by: tonym ()
Date: June 4, 2014 00:19

Wonder if anyone can help me with this - I've got Pelouse VIP tickets. Some say Porte H, the others say Porte R. I presume that means we're going to be split up as there will be a runway through the pit. None of the seating charts show the runway but there will be one.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: June 4, 2014 00:36

To paulywaul (and others) :

last Sunday Prince played two surprise shows in the 6000-capacity Zénith de Paris.
Tix were 100€ (pit) and 140 (seated). That's 12000 tix that got sold in no time. Limit per buyer was 6 tickets (gulp!) so that opened the door for massive scalping.

Guess what? On show day outside the venue, scalpers had a hard time finding buyers and they finally let the tix go at 30€ a pop. smoking smiley

Don't despair Pauly!

Date: June 4, 2014 06:40

tonym
Wonder if anyone can help me with this - I've got Pelouse VIP tickets. Some say Porte H, the others say Porte R. I presume that means we're going to be split up as there will be a runway through the pit. None of the seating charts show the runway but there will be one.

I am sure that is the reason for the split. Maybe they want to split up the people waiting in line prior to the show for crowd management purposes, but that would seem less likely. The ramp probably extends down the middle of the Pelouse VIP section and into the Pelouse Debout, which would make it impossible to cross over from Keith's side to Ronnie's.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: June 4, 2014 10:38

Splitting people up for crowd management has been common practice with for example Bruce Springsteen concerts in the UK, but it has also been known to lead into somewhat of a chaos upon entrance time, different lines mixing up, people not respecting the line etc.

Posted by: skyhawk ()
Date: June 4, 2014 17:57

Tickets Stade de France still available via official ticketseller (no Pel VIP):

[billets.stadefrance.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-06-04 17:58 by skyhawk.

Posted by: Wild Slivovitz ()
Date: June 4, 2014 20:25

In case anyone of you is aware of that, at what time the RER B from La Plaine/Stade De France to Aereoport Charles De Gaulle stops running?

After the concert I have to go straight to the airport and I'd like to get there by RER, even if I've read that in any event I can take the option to go by the Noctilien N 143 bus, which runs all night long and stops also at Saint Denis/Porte De Paris.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated, thank you!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-06-05 11:57 by Wild Slivovitz.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: June 4, 2014 22:04

Did a quick lookup and it looks like the last direct train from La Plaine to CDG leaves at 00:18 for a 35' trip. After that you can catch a a bus in Paris but you'll be looking at more than an hour. After HP2 I took my time catching a night bus to Heathrow since I had time to kill before boarding my return flight at 7AM ;-)

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: June 4, 2014 23:16

gotdablouse
Did a quick lookup and it looks like the last direct train from La Plaine to CDG leaves at 00:18 for a 35' trip. After that you can catch a a bus in Paris but you'll be looking at more than an hour. After HP2 I took my time catching a night bus to Heathrow since I had time to kill before boarding my return flight at 7AM ;-)

That's what I did, catch the coach back to stanstead,it was a good couple of hours after the concert so it breaked the time up. Lucky enough it was a nice humid dry night.

Posted by: giovanna ()
Date: June 5, 2014 00:27

Hi Derek, I confirm that the last train from La Plaine to the Cdg airport leaves at 00.20 and arrives at 00:44...you should have the time! See you in Paris. Giovanna

Posted by: Stoneswolf ()
Date: June 5, 2014 10:08

Anybody knows about the lucky dip procedutre for Paris?
I have to print my two Stade De France Lucky Dip Tickets.
billets.stadefrance.com asks me to enter first and last name for the tickets before printing them. Do I have to enter for both tickets my name (the person who ordered the tickets)´or should the second ticket have the name of the person that is coming with me to the concert?
Thanks for your help!

Stoneswolf

Posted by: Wild Slivovitz ()
Date: June 5, 2014 12:05

Thanks for the replies, so if I don't want to rush on my way back, maybe the noctilien N 143 from Stade De france/Porte De paris might be a good option, since I also will have time to kill. Thank you!!

Date: June 5, 2014 12:26

The last two shows at Stade de France, they ended around 11:00, and the line to the RER looked so long I was sure we would miss the train. But, somehow, the line moves slowly but steadily. I think you'll be fine.

Posted by: deemo ()
Date: June 5, 2014 23:37

Any meet-ups at the bar planned for the night before or night of the show?

Posted by: Stoneswolf ()
Date: June 6, 2014 09:21

tickets available:
[pariseventicket.com]

Posted by: djgab ()
Date: June 6, 2014 10:01

one week to go !!

Date: June 6, 2014 10:14

Not a bad weather forecast for Paris either. +24 C and partly cloudy, they are saying at the moment. I can live with that!

See you guys soon! Given that my hotel is only a few hundred meters away I will get to the venue early. My ticket says "Secteur OUEST - Porte" - west side. Looks like gates R,S,T,U and X are on the west side. The ticket doesn't say which gate speficically, but we'll find out...

Does anybody have a specific gate printed on their ticket?

Date: June 6, 2014 10:28

Yes you should have a "Porte" letter indicated, since I think you have a Pelouse VIP it should be "R" as seen in the picture of the ticket posted by paulywaul here [www.iorr.org]

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-06-06 10:33 by gotdablouse.

Date: June 6, 2014 10:33

OK. Odd. I don't have a letter, just "Porte". But I guess I will line up at Gate R then. Familiar surroundings, that's where the Bruce Springsteen fan line with their early roll calls was last year.

I don't have a hard ticket, just a PDF one.

If I try to print it again from the Stade de France site it gives the same ticket with no mention of the gate.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-06-06 10:42 by Topi.

Date: June 6, 2014 10:53

Regarding water bottle policy: looks like Stade de France allows a 0,5 liter bottle but without the cap on. So the old trick is to sneak in some extra caps.

Posted by: vdoq ()
Date: June 6, 2014 11:03

Topi
Not a bad weather forecast for Paris either. +24 C and partly cloudy, they are saying at the moment. I can live with that!

See you guys soon! Given that my hotel is only a few hundred meters away I will get to the venue early. My ticket says "Secteur OUEST - Porte" - west side. Looks like gates R,S,T,U and X are on the west side. The ticket doesn't say which gate speficically, but we'll find out...

Does anybody have a specific gate printed on their ticket?

I have "Porte Y" for Pelouse debout

Date: June 6, 2014 11:18

Seems logical, given that the stage will be at the north end of the stadium, hence the regular pelouse gates are more to the south and the VIP gates to the west/(east?).

Anyway I already contacted SDF and asked them about my gate. They came back promptly and said that I am to line up at Gate S.

I guess that means Ronnie's side then.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-06-06 12:12 by Topi.

Posted by: jhrock83 ()
Date: June 6, 2014 13:08

SELL 2 TICKETS CATEGORIE 1 FoR 250€

Date: June 6, 2014 13:13

Wrong forum...

Topi
Seems logical, given that the stage will be at the north end of the stadium, hence the regular pelouse gates are more to the south and the VIP gates to the west/(east?).

Anyway I already contacted SDF and asked them about my gate. They came back promptly and said that I am to line up at Gate S.

I guess that means Ronnie's side then.

Ouest is Ronnie's side yes, assuming there will be a "catwalk", can't see how their couldn't be one, but since it hasn't been shown on any maps so far...Strange you've not been told to line up at "Gate R" like the other "Pelouse VIP Ouest". Have you tried reprinting your ticket? There's probably no cause for concern but I'd want to get that sorted now rather than on the 13th ;-)

EDIT - in fact I looked up "Pelouse Or Ouest" tickets on Google and they have "S" as the gate.

--------------

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-06-06 13:15 by gotdablouse.

Posted by: thorgal34 ()
Date: June 6, 2014 13:16

So Porte R is Ronnie side, and Porte H is Keith side. Am I right??

Date: June 6, 2014 13:32

Yes, based on current info :
- R/S - OUEST : Ronnie
- H/G - EST : Keith

--------------

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-06-06 13:33 by gotdablouse.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1718192021222324252627...LastNext
Current Page: 22 of 29

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2044
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home