Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314Next
Current Page: 11 of 14
Re: Australia & New Zealand "14 On Fire" shows postponed
Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: April 4, 2014 03:29

YEAH YEAH ... NOW pleeeeeeze Give us a couple of EXTRA Rod Lavers ....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: colonial ()
Date: April 4, 2014 03:41

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-02-08 20:52 by colonial.

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: April 4, 2014 03:48

Look at it this way, instead of the shows being behind you, now you have something to look forward to! Colonial, looking for a Wellington gig?

Date: April 4, 2014 03:56

what about another one in New Zealand yea

Yeah one on each island ....
watch out colonial I might even make it over this time round

ROCKMAN

Date: April 4, 2014 04:02

Rockman
what about another one in New Zealand yea

Yeah one on each island ....
watch out colonial I might even make it over this time round

Watch out ROCKeeeee, you may never want to go homegrinning smiley

Date: April 4, 2014 04:04

....no chance Al ... I do lurv me home ....

ROCKMAN

Date: April 4, 2014 04:07

Rockman
....no chance Al ... I do lurv me home ....
You are right, anywhere else wouldn't be the bunker!

Posted by: boynamedsue69 ()
Date: April 4, 2014 04:07

the new aussie schedule is ten days longer than the postponed shows schedule so may we see a couple of extra shows when they return. fingers crossed....

Date: April 4, 2014 04:09

.....thinking of excuses to the wife to make the trip.......

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: April 4, 2014 04:10

Are they going to have ticket sales again?

Date: April 4, 2014 04:18

tell her ya owe me fifty bucks and ya'd like ta hand it to me in person ...

ROCKMAN

Date: April 4, 2014 06:14

Rockman

tell her ya owe me fifty bucks and ya'd like ta hand it to me in person ...
>grinning smiley<

New AUSSIE dates per RS App
Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: April 4, 2014 01:52

The rescheduled Australia/ New Zealand tour dates will take place between 25 October to 22 November 2014.

Exact dates for each city will be released as soon as the scheduling is confirmed. Australia/New Zealand promoters ask ticket holders to please hold on to their tickets until further notice.

The Rolling Stones wish to thank their fans in Australia and New Zealand for their patience and understanding at this time.

Re: New AUSSIE dates per RS App
Posted by: andrea66 ()
Date: April 4, 2014 08:46

I am very happy about that. It seems that they Are gonna add something, 2/3 more dates down under than previousely scheduled.

Re: New AUSSIE dates per RS App
Posted by: erad ()
Date: April 4, 2014 09:13

Hope another nz show is added!

Date: April 4, 2014 09:26

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-02-08 20:52 by colonial.

Posted by: petewasbristol ()
Date: April 4, 2014 11:58

Well unfortunately I won't be able to make OZ or NZ this time around. I have tickets for Adelaide so will have to ask for a refund. If I ever get through to Ticktek. Abysmal customer service. Have fun all you Stones fans down under smiling smiley

Official: Stones return to Australia and New Zealand in october
Posted by: shattered1978 ()
Date: April 4, 2014 08:46

Double post! sorry BV

[www.rollingstones.com]

[au.news.yahoo.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-04-04 08:50 by shattered1978.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: April 4, 2014 15:42

MingSubu

Of course.

There were, I'm sure, some unsold tickets for some shows at the date the gigs were postponed.

Additionally, a sizeable number of tickets will have been returned as some buyers wont be able to make the rescheduled dates so those tickets will have to be re-offered again. THOSE tickets may take a bit longer to become available again, though.

The real losers from this will be the people who lost non-refundable airfare and/or hotel accommodation due to the postponements, although on a somewhat happier note the chancers who bought up thousands of tickets and tried to cash in on viagogo and the like will be crapping themselves.

More tickets becoming available through official sources with the possibility of additional dates being added = scalpers taking a hammering.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-04-04 15:46 by Gazza.

Posted by: jammingedward ()
Date: April 4, 2014 16:27

Gazza
MingSubu

Of course.

There were, I'm sure, some unsold tickets for some shows at the date the gigs were postponed.

Additionally, a sizeable number of tickets will have been returned as some buyers wont be able to make the rescheduled dates so those tickets will have to be re-offered again. THOSE tickets may take a bit longer to become available again, though.

The real losers from this will be the people who lost non-refundable airfare and/or hotel accommodation due to the postponements, although on a somewhat happier note the chancers who bought up thousands of tickets and tried to cash in on viagogo and the like will be crapping themselves.

More tickets becoming available through official sources with the possibility of additional dates being added = scalpers taking a hammering.

Scalpers can cancel their unsold tickets for a refund. What is worrying is that they can also cancel their already sold tickets for a refund too, and those who bought them will be none the wiser until they show up at the concert in six months and are denied entry.

Posted by: MarthaTuesday ()
Date: April 4, 2014 17:52

Really pleased for all those Down Under!

And possibly for me.... I'm not yet sure if it's feasible but my brother's moving to Australia in July... And of course, I have to visit him.... >grinning smiley<

I'd planned to go next year and give him more time to settle in but....

Posted by: CaptainCorella ()
Date: April 5, 2014 00:40

Gazza

I had rather hoped that when the shows were postponed that the fraudulent mis-representation that is Viagogo would take a hammering.

Sadly it turns out that someone who "bought" a ticket through Viagogo and chooses to go for a refund because they cannot get to a rearranged date, gets a full refund from Viagogo for the price paid for the ticket(s) and not just the face value. ie They had that angle covered.

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Date: April 5, 2014 00:44

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-02-08 20:51 by colonial.

Date: April 5, 2014 01:54

colonial
jammingedward
Gazza
MingSubu

Of course.

Scalpers can cancel their unsold tickets for a refund. What is worrying is that they can also cancel their already sold tickets for a refund too, and those who bought them will be none the wiser until they show up at the concert in six months and are denied entry.

jammingedward..I can't see how that would work cashing in a sold ticket because wouldn't ya have to show proof ya still have the ticket.

Nope. I sold a ticket on eBay and the buyer requested a refund due to the date change. As I was the original buyer I had to get it for her. It was an e-ticket and bought on line so to get the refund I just had to print it out and send it with a letter of refund request- that's all. She still has the PDF and the ticket is now cancelled. (Of course I have refunded her money too). But if she never asked for a refund I could have done exactly the same thing without her knowing at all. Not that I would ever do that!
But there could be a huge amount of cancelled PDF tickets floating around on the secondary market.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-04-05 01:57 by jammingedward.

Date: April 5, 2014 02:01

Here's the refund info. It seems you only need photo ID to get a refund, so even hard copy tickets could also be scammed in this way.

[premier.ticketek.com.au]

Date: April 5, 2014 08:29

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-02-08 20:50 by colonial.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: April 5, 2014 10:32

God, that pic makes me even more desperate to visit NZ, even when the Stones aren't there.

Date: April 5, 2014 10:59

More reasons to visit New Zealand

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: April 5, 2014 11:03

AARRGGHH!!!! (<---effects of shortage of cash)

Date: April 5, 2014 11:06

If there is a will, there is a way.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314Next
Current Page: 11 of 14

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1888
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home