Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...23456789101112...LastNext
Current Page: 7 of 14
Re: Australia & New Zealand "14 On Fire" shows postponed
Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: March 22, 2014 09:57

Deathgod

If I feel sad now, when one of the band passes I will be a total mess.

Tell me about it. sad smileysad smiley

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: March 22, 2014 10:11

jammingedward
I sold 3 tickets on eBay and contacted each buyer to ask if I they wanted me to cancel the ticket and give them a refund. The only person who seemed interested in that option was a lady who might not be in Sydney in October. She just said she wants to wait and see what the new date is.

I really don't think many people want a refund unless they can't make the new date.

Also I think Fronteir have been amazing throughout at keeping us informed the best they can. It's a huge task cancelling shows that already had the stage under construction and then reschedule something of such a large scale where dates and venues have to match up perfectly.

Good on you, wish all people who sold things on ebay operated so honestly.

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: Macnee2 ()
Date: March 22, 2014 10:12

Agreed exil, lovely night here tonight, Oct usually wet and rainy here.
It only just occurred to me that you can see the oval quite clearly from North Tce, so Adelaide's city drinkers and partiers would have easily heard two hours of Stones as they went about their night!

Posted by: colonial ()
Date: March 22, 2014 10:59

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-02-09 21:00 by colonial.

Posted by: Macnee2 ()
Date: March 22, 2014 11:30

I've stayed home obviously but clear skies and cool not cold out. Dark now.

Posted by: jammingedward ()
Date: March 22, 2014 12:38

paulywaul
jammingedward
I sold 3 tickets on eBay and contacted each buyer to ask if I they wanted me to cancel the ticket and give them a refund. The only person who seemed interested in that option was a lady who might not be in Sydney in October. She just said she wants to wait and see what the new date is.

I really don't think many people want a refund unless they can't make the new date.

Also I think Fronteir have been amazing throughout at keeping us informed the best they can. It's a huge task cancelling shows that already had the stage under construction and then reschedule something of such a large scale where dates and venues have to match up perfectly.

Good on you, wish all people who sold things on ebay operated so honestly.

Well the only reason I sold them on eBay is because I bought tickets when they first went on sale, and of course better ones became available when the unsold VIP packages dropped!

But anyone who sold tickets could now have them cancelled for a refund, and the person who bought them would not know until they show up with the original tickets at the reschelduled date. Not a great situation if you bought on the secondary market...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-22 12:40 by jammingedward.

Posted by: Niek ()
Date: March 22, 2014 14:10

Deathgod

[/If I feel sad now, when one of the band passes I will be a total mess]

that scares me too

(Always took candy from strangers)

Date: March 22, 2014 22:04

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-02-09 20:59 by colonial.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: March 22, 2014 22:12

colonial
A few days after the cancelled concert dates ya get over the disappointment of it all pretty quick smoking smiley

Good for you, colonial. They'll be back before you know it. smileys with beer

Date: March 22, 2014 22:16

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-02-09 20:58 by colonial.

Posted by: MarthaTuesday ()
Date: March 23, 2014 00:43

colonial
A few days after the cancelled concert dates ya get over the disappointment of it all pretty quick smoking smiley

I hope you do get to see them, Colonial. I don't usually post on here much do check out IORR regularly and you're always so positive. smiling smiley

Date: March 23, 2014 01:18

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-02-09 20:58 by colonial.

Posted by: lapaz62 ()
Date: March 23, 2014 05:23

My last 4 concerts, all cancelled.

Posted by: gripweed ()
Date: March 23, 2014 05:56

Unfortunately for you Lapaz62, ALL 4 shows were cancelled for obvious reasons...

Date: March 23, 2014 06:13

The Taylor cancellation from last year was not so obvious, unless he needed 6 months to learn the one song he played with the Stones at the end of the year. Him being sick was overblown and an excuse not to come.

Date: March 23, 2014 06:19

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-02-09 20:57 by colonial.

Posted by: gripweed ()
Date: March 23, 2014 06:37

lapaz62
The Taylor cancellation from last year was not so obvious, unless he needed 6 months to learn the one song he played with the Stones at the end of the year. Him being sick was overblown and an excuse not to come.

Really Lapaz62, Taylor was gearing up for the Stones tour that would start in California on MAY 2, 2013... he played on quite a few more than ONE song on last years tour as I recall... and WHO made you his doctor anyways ?

From what I understand, Taylor's booking in Australia for 2013 were done by someone who wasn't looking after his best interests, either health wise or business wise... I feel for you, don't get me wrong... just BAD LUCK on your part

Date: March 23, 2014 07:13

Maybe your information came from someone with a fair bit of self interest, as probably did mine and it is contradictory to yours.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-23 07:32 by lapaz62.

Posted by: Deathgod ()
Date: March 23, 2014 07:49

Im back home. Can't believe I still feel sad. Not as sad as Mick, but still have that depressing feeling. Sure it will pass soon.

At the Stones pop up store in Adelaide with my Dad

Hanging in Adelaide

With my wife outside the photo exhibition

Edited 7 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-23 09:15 by Deathgod.

Posted by: Thru and Thru ()
Date: March 23, 2014 09:27

BluzDude
TornAndFried
little queenie
i heard today that airlines are refunding money? very nice if it's true but i'm going to new zealand anyway...

Hey LQ. I was wondering if you were still going to go to NZ. Hope you have a fun time there despite the cancelled show. I hear the South Island is really beautiful so maybe you can take a few days down there. Enjoy your trip.

From Queenstown to Aukland, If you can drive a good chunk of it, it will be a trip of a lifetime.

Little Queenie, if you don't want to do all that driving (on the left side of the road) there's a train from Auckland down to Wellington on the North Island. It may look like it's only a small island but it takes 12 hours for the train trip south but it's well worth it, the scenery is beautiful! From Wellington you can take a ferry across to the South Island, a lot less traffic down there except maybe in Christchurch and Queenstown but it's one of the most beautiful, serene places I've ever been to. There's also another noteworthy train trip across the South Island from Christchurch on the east side to Greymouth on the west side crossing the southern Alps, just gorgeous! I envy you your trip!

Lose your dreams and you will lose your mind...

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: March 23, 2014 22:23

Looks like you and your family made the most of the trip, Deathgod, despite the disappointment. smiling smiley

Posted by: AussieMark ()
Date: March 23, 2014 23:41

I went to Bobby Keys' gig last night in Sydney at The Basement on the off chance that Mick Taylor might make a guest appearance. No such luck, unfortunately. Bobby is still in fabulous touch though.

One thing I noticed was a large group of Argentinians wearing customised tour t-shirts with only the Stones' Sydney and Melbourne dates on the back of the shirts - they've come a long way, so are obviously trying to soak up anything Stones that is available while they're in town.

Posted by: superglen ()
Date: March 24, 2014 12:00

Posted by: Deathgod ()
Date: March 24, 2014 13:00

Happy for European friends who had dates drop, be even happier when the Aussie new dates arrive.
Hard to believe it's been under a week, feels like a month.
I should be in Sydney preparing for 2nd show.

Hope Micks week is ok and he deals with his sadness.

Maybe some Aussie news from promoters later in week ??

Posted by: Paulhanrahan ()
Date: March 25, 2014 03:50

I'd be surprised to see any news of rescheduled shows in Oz until after L'Wren's funeral at the earliest?

Postponement Loses Estimated at $10 Million
Posted by: tatters ()
Date: March 25, 2014 00:55

Re: Postponement Loses Estimated at $10 Million
Posted by: OzHeavyThrobber ()
Date: March 25, 2014 00:58

Couple extra shows should cover that. Do them in Perth!! smoking smiley

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: March 25, 2014 01:15

Looks like a pretty rough estimate...anyway here's a link to the original source : [www.billboard.com]

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: SPellegrino ()
Date: March 25, 2014 01:54

Interesting. Just a mere 10 million? Some one of note was in for 7.5 million on her business losses and we know now how that turned out.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-25 01:55 by SPellegrino.

Posted by: chop ()
Date: March 25, 2014 02:36

They can absorb it, believe me

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...23456789101112...LastNext
Current Page: 7 of 14

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1722
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home