Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1920212223242526272829...LastNext
Current Page: 24 of 40
Re: R.I.P. L'Wren Scott :- (
Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: March 19, 2014 10:51

DandelionPowderman
<He pulled the plug. The funding plug and the emotional plug>

Maybe he did, maybe he didn't. Why pretend you know this for a fact?

A few speculative rag pieces must have a huge effect on your thoughts, or do they mix with your prejudice?

I've always been an advocate for people saying their opinions, but after a woman has died - do you really think this is the way to go?

I also read that Mick's family loved her. Is that story more untrue?

I'm not for censorship, but I know you as a good long-time poster here, and just wanted to express my thoughts on this. No hard feelings.

DP, you keep chastising me after I post anything. But my posts reflect the way I think and work, which is to always look for the story behind the apparent story.

And these are my thoughts -

That there is no way L'Wren could have launched and sustained her design career without Mick's financial input

That at the time of her death, her business was going under...all financing had dried up

That from being a ubiquitous presence on the net portraying her life with Mick, this suddenly ended in December

That there are several reports that L'Wren had self-harmed a month ago

That the story that L'Wren ended her life over her failing business is not accurate...if Mick and L'Wren were still a couple, a 6M debt would not be a problem for a man worth over 200M

That I feel desperately sorry for L'Wren

That I agree with everything MockJigger has posted, summed up in this - He pulled the plug. The funding plug and the emotional plug.

There you go. (No hard feelings.)

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: March 19, 2014 10:59

Bliss
DandelionPowderman

A few speculative rag pieces must have a huge effect on your thoughts, or do they mix with your prejudice?

I've always been an advocate for people saying their opinions, but after a woman has died - do you really think this is the way to go?

I'm not for censorship, but I know you as a good long-time poster here, and just wanted to express my thoughts on this. No hard feelings.

DP, you keep chastising me after I post anything. But my posts reflect the way I think and work, which is to always look for the story behind the apparent story.

That there is no way L'Wren could have launched and sustained her design career without Mick's financial input

That at the time of her death, her business was going under...all financing had dried up

That from being a ubiquitous presence on the net portraying her life with Mick, this suddenly ended in December

That the story that L'Wren ended her life over her failing business is not accurate...if Mick and L'Wren were still a couple, a 6M debt would not be a problem for a man worth over 200M

That I agree with everything MockJigger has posted, summed up in this - He pulled the plug. The funding plug and the emotional plug.

+1. Sounds plausible. Didnt Cindy start a thread about this?

Posted by: owlbynite ()
Date: March 19, 2014 11:03

Redhotcarpet
Bliss
DandelionPowderman

+1. Sounds plausible. Didnt Cindy start a thread about this?

Does sound like he pulled all plugs & she was going thru mid-life crisis. sad smiley

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: March 19, 2014 11:03

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-19 11:04 by Max'sKansasCity.

Date: March 19, 2014 11:05

EDIT: I give up. Pollute this board with gossip and speculations from rags - as much as you like. I'm outta here...

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-21 14:52 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: March 19, 2014 11:11

And Cindy got banned. Interesting. So a fan starts a thread about L'wren and shares something personal, gets slammed by fans who say they are concerned about Jagger and Scott, report (?) Cindy and now she's banned, after beeing told by a concerned fan to "f--- o--"? And that iorrian is still here. Sorry if OT but it doesnt sound quite right. Edit: and please dont report me for saying this.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-19 11:12 by Redhotcarpet.

Date: March 19, 2014 11:43

Stones have overcome all kind of tragedies ....while there was a vital and/or artistic horizon ahead. But now....towards their eighties....I seriously doubt if they will have the stamina/motivation to go ahead. I do not understand why there are people willing to attend now a stones concert while Jaggers girlfiend have just commited suicide.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: March 19, 2014 11:46

Still can't believe this tragedy has really happened, it's slowly sinking in...reading the stuff coming out online now, that beautiful write-up in the NYT, the housekeeper, the sister, realizing I once worked with her brother...it was a strange life she led, understandable, but it does seem she lost touch with her family, her roots, that's can't be good.

There's one thing that keeps coming back to me is how "happy" we/I were here when she tweeted around mid-January that she was "packing her bags for Paris" (or something like that) as it meant they would soon be back rehearsing here. Then nothing happened, they didn't show up on the 27th as expected, no one knows why, was it planned like that originally, was Mick help up by the "James Brown" biopic, other issues maybe in light of what happened since? It doesn't seem like she came over to Paris as she intended, at least there were no tweets or pics about that. Doesn't really matter now of course.

It's all very sad, life catching up with the life-defying fantasy that the Rolling Stones are, they're the ones that must be hit the hardest, hope there's a lot of hugging going.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-19 11:48 by gotdablouse.

Posted by: Rollin92 ()
Date: March 19, 2014 13:02

gotdablouse

It's all very sad, life catching up with the life-defying fantasy that the Rolling Stones are, they're the ones that must be hit the hardest, hope there's a lot of hugging going.

thumbs up Well put gotdablouse, I've heard the Stones described as a dysfunctional family, they've had their ups and downs very frequently but I would bet my last quid that Richards, Taylor, Wyman, Watts & Wood are there for Mick in some way. And he knows it. The Stones always seems to pull together at times of tragedy.

Posted by: Niek ()
Date: March 19, 2014 13:06

I feel so sad for mick. Worried about you

(Always took candy from strangers)

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: March 19, 2014 13:24

rollingon
batcave
tomcasagranda
Yes,

I am finding the tabloid coverage of L'Wren's demise disturbing: did they have to be so intrusive to take a photo of Mick Jagger, when it appeared that he was deeply upset ?

To be fair, the photographer may not have known about L'Wren's death when he took the photo. He may have just been waiting outside of the restaurant for Mick to leave like all paparazzi do and took the photo then....

It wasn't public information at the time the photo was taken.

It was, however, by the time the newspapers bought the photograph with a view to publishing it.

A paparazzi photograph is pretty much worthless unless someone pays for it and distributes it.

Lots of complaints to the Press Commission about the tabloids' appalling sensitivity, apparently. No doubt some of them will end up issuing some feeble apology hidden away on page 12, vow to 'learn' from the experience and then do the same thing all over again a few weeks later.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: March 19, 2014 14:12

redhotcarpet, thanks.

~"Love is Strong"~

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-19 14:19 by angee.

Date: March 19, 2014 14:16

DandelionPowderman
Bliss
DandelionPowderman

I'm not chastisising anyone, merely expressing my view.

I have thoughts about this, too, but I'm advocating to keep them to ourselves until we know more - but that's me smiling smiley

I'm not saying you're wrong on any accounts, but what you wanna achieve with your thoughts - so shortly after her passing - is sort of baffling me a bit... Especially since the conlusion of your speculations are so harsh on Mick.

Ok. What's bothering me is that this smells like a PR spin to deflect attention away from the truth. Out of seven long term r'ships that we know of, three of the women have made serious suicide attempts, one successfully. Now perhaps all these women were unstable to begin with. Or perhaps not.

Re: L'Wren Scott dead...? :- (
Posted by: bestfour ()
Date: March 19, 2014 14:19

So sorry to hear of the terrible news Mick, will say prayer and light candle
for you and L'Wren,

Date: March 19, 2014 14:23

EDIT: I give up. Pollute this board with gossip and speculations from rags - as much as you like. I'm outta here...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-21 14:53 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: March 19, 2014 14:30

Redhotcarpet
And Cindy got banned. Interesting. So a fan starts a thread about L'wren and shares something personal, gets slammed by fans who say they are concerned about Jagger and Scott, report (?) Cindy and now she's banned, after beeing told by a concerned fan to "f--- o--"? And that iorrian is still here. Sorry if OT but it doesnt sound quite right. Edit: and please dont report me for saying this.

I'm with you all the way on this. The treatment she received from some of the folks here was despicable. Outright bullying and gleeful malevolence.

Ironically, exactly the type of shameful cruelty and utter lack of compassion that leads to kids harming themselves after being harangued online.

Some people that espouse manners and civility need to take a long look in the mirror.

Remember this, the Stones greatest and most influential creative triumphs came from rebelling against conformity and finding beauty from the dark corners of life that are universally experienced but so often suppressed.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-19 14:45 by andrewt.

Posted by: Lady Jayne ()
Date: March 19, 2014 14:49

andrewt
Redhotcarpet

I'm with you all the way on this. The treatment she received from some of the folks here was despicable. Outright bullying and gleeful malevolence.

Ironically, exactly the type of shameful cruelty and utter lack of compassion that leads to kids harming themselves after being harangued online.

Some people that espouse manners and civility need to take a long look in the mirror.

Remember this, the Stones greatest and most influential creative triumphs came from rebelling against conformity and finding beauty from the dark corners of life that are universally experienced but so often suppressed.

I agree. I am saddened that she is now excluded from the community.

Posted by: StonedInTokyo ()
Date: March 19, 2014 14:51

Bliss
Ok. What's bothering me is that this smells like a PR spin to deflect attention away from the truth. Out of seven long term r'ships that we know of, three of the women have made serious suicide attempts, one successfully. Now perhaps all these women were unstable to begin with. Or perhaps not.

Postponing a massive tour to fly half-way around the world to attend to this unfortunate matter and mourn her loss is not a PR-spin. Regardless of what you may think of him, it is wholly inappropriate to make judgmental pronouncements on Mick's relationship with L'Wren, particularly at this time.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-19 14:55 by StonedInTokyo.

Date: March 19, 2014 15:01

Posted by: Svartmer ()
Date: March 19, 2014 15:12

Redhotcarpet

I don´t share that description of what happened. Sometimes you just have to use your judgement and realize when it´s time to back off. I think both the timing and the attitude was wrong in that thread. Just my opinion.

Date: March 19, 2014 15:15

Lady Jayne
andrewt
Redhotcarpet

I agree. I am saddened that she is now excluded from the community.

SHE ONLY NEEDS TO APOLOGISE AND PROMISE TO BEHAVE BETTER IN FUTURE.

Posted by: proudmary ()
Date: March 19, 2014 15:26

StonedInTokyo
Bliss

Postponing a massive tour to fly half-way around the world to attend to this unfortunate matter and mourn her loss is not a PR-spin. Regardless of what you may think of him, it is wholly inappropriate to make judgmental pronouncements on Mick's relationship with L'Wren, particularly at this time.

I totally agree StonedInTokyo
To Bliss - the relationships are not the life imprisonment.
You do not stay in them for fear that your partner will commit suicide in case of breakup. And we have no evidence to support this theory - Mick's separation from L'Wren - except for tabloid gossip.
However, I find it strange that CindyC with her respectful desire to understand what happened was ostracized and banned while this puritanical finger-pointing does not cause any ill feeling

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-19 15:41 by proudmary.

Posted by: Dreamer ()
Date: March 19, 2014 15:35

StonedInTokyo
Bliss

I totally agree StonedInTokyo.

Date: March 19, 2014 15:36

Posted by: Dreamer ()
Date: March 19, 2014 15:37

Svartmer
Redhotcarpet

I don´t share that description of what happened. Sometimes you just have to use your judgement and realize when it´s time to back off. I think both the timing and the attitude was wrong in that thread. Just my opinion.

My opinion too.

Posted by: proudmary ()
Date: March 19, 2014 15:39

DandelionPowderman
<to make judgmental pronouncements on Mick's relationship with L'Wren, particularly at this time.>

That's exactly what I don't get. Why do anyone think that this is an appropriate thing to do NOW?

The only reason I can think of is that one has insider knowledge, and doesn't think too highly of Mick...

the only insider knowledge this poster has are the gossips in tabloids
regard low opinion about Mick -on the contrary it is somewhat inverted too high opinion of him as super male who can bring any woman - this weak fragile creation who is not able to live without man - to suicide.
as if there was no feminism

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: March 19, 2014 15:45

proudmary
DandelionPowderman
<to make judgmental pronouncements on Mick's relationship with L'Wren, particularly at this time.>

That's exactly what I don't get. Why do anyone think that this is an appropriate thing to do NOW?

The only reason I can think of is that one has insider knowledge, and doesn't think too highly of Mick...

the only insider knowledge this poster has are the gossips in tabloids
regard low opinion about Mick -on the contrary it is somewhat inverted too high opinion of him as super male who can bring any woman - this weak fragile creation who is not able to live without man - to suicide.
as if there was no feminism

Wow...I'm starting to think highly of him too! My wife kicks my ass when I belch in the house!

Posted by: StonedInTokyo ()
Date: March 19, 2014 15:47

proudmary
However, I find it strange that CindyC with her respectful desire to understand what happened was ostracized and banned while this puritanical finger-pointing does not cause any ill feeling

Puritanical finger-pointing? I can see where my interjection of some common sense into ill-mannered public discourse could be taken that way.

Now I gently invite you and others to note the subject line for this thread isn't Cindy C.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-19 15:52 by StonedInTokyo.

Date: March 19, 2014 15:51

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-21 14:54 by DandelionPowderman.

Re: L'Wren Scott dead...? :- (
Posted by: big4 ()
Date: March 19, 2014 15:53

Rokyfan
rob51
GOO What the hell kind of a rumor are you trying to begin with that shit? Any inside info you have that they even had problems?
Not sure who you are responding to. Is it not clear that their relationship had ended, Mick had gone on tour without her and that was it? That was public on Stones boards and elsewhere before this tragic event. Nobody here has inside info, but nobody here is starting any rumors it has all been reported elsewhere, continues to be, and will continue to be.

It's reported in the NY Post that she spent the last week of her life in isolation in Mustique before returning to NY this past Saturday. So at the very least her and Mick were close enough that she was still staying at one of his residence in the days before her death.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1920212223242526272829...LastNext
Current Page: 24 of 40

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2167
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home