Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2021222324252627282930...LastNext
Current Page: 25 of 40
Re: R.I.P. L'Wren Scott :- (
Posted by: duffydawg ()
Date: March 19, 2014 16:02

He definitely pulled the plug.

This is the end of the tour. There is too much going on now with this tragic event. Look for Ronnie and Taylor to do some club dates but the Stones are done.

Re: L'Wren Scott dead...? :- (
Posted by: StonedInTokyo ()
Date: March 19, 2014 16:02

big4
It's reported in the NY Post that she spent the last week of her life in isolation in Mustique before returning to NY this past Saturday. So at the very least her and Mick were close enough that she was still staying at one of his residences in the days before her death.

It is very touching that Mick referred to her as his "(lover and) BEST FRIEND".

Posted by: big4 ()
Date: March 19, 2014 16:06

I just read this article online about L'Wren's death with a couple Stones-related quotes:

Meanwhile, model Cory Kennedy has revealed that Jagger's bandmate Keith Richards' family has also been hit hard by the sad news.

She tells UsMagazine.com, "I spoke to (Richards' daughter) Alexandra Richards and her mom Patti (Hansen) is having a really tough time."

And guitarist Ronnie Wood's ex-wife Jo tells CNN, "She (Scott) was like this statuesque, floating around, elegant woman (sic). Very hard to get close to, but at the same time she would always be really lovely to you.

"I can't believe that she took her life... It's very, very sad. My heart really goes out to Mick... He's devastated, he's absolutely devastated. It must be a real, real shock to him."

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: March 19, 2014 16:06

duffydawg

This is the end of the tour. There is too much going on now with this tragic event. Look for Ronnie and Taylor to do some club dates but the Stones are done.

Insider or "jus' guessing"?

Posted by: MainStreetExile ()
Date: March 19, 2014 16:07

Posting ignorant, bottom-feeding speculation and making cruel remarks doesn't make anyone a "rebel," give me a break. That is the practice of cowards with empty lives and room-temperature IQs, and I will bet the rent that if any of these "nonconformists" ever had to break with the pack and take a stand on any issue in a forum outside the Internet, large or small, they'd run like they were scorched. And all this blather about "freedom of expression..." First off, there is a difference between freedom and license, second, people who disagree with you are also free to express that, you'd hope they'd come up with something better than "eff off," but it's simple, it says it, and really isn't any more offensive than the comments that provoked it, just shorter. And last, the Internet is a dangerous thing, people think any stupid, thoughtless chunk of trash that flashes through their brain, and it happens to every human being, deserves to be posted for the world to see, on forums, on Twitter, Facebook walls, when in better days, sense would prevail and these thoughts would come and go with no one the wiser, and to the relief of the intelligent person whose emotions ran out of control.

When Mary Travers was diagnosed with leukemia, and eventually passed, fans posted in the appropriate thread on the PP&M site, and they would print the threads out without editing, for her to read, and then for her family as condolence. And look at this thread, headed RIP L'Wren -- we're Stones fans, and we would want this thing printed out and handed to Mick as consolation? For all the sincere messages of condolence and attempts at support among one another, I wouldn't print this thread out to line the bottom of a birdcage. If you want to think that ignorant, unsophisticated, cruel outbursts make you a rebel, if you think there's something marvelous about someone in their fifties or sixties having the mentality of a 12-year old, that's your gig, but don't tout it as being rock and roll and don't pin it on the Rolling Stones, especially at a heartbreaking time like this.

Date: March 19, 2014 16:07

EDIT: I give up. Pollute this board with gossip and speculations from rags - as much as you like. I'm outta here...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-21 14:51 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: March 19, 2014 16:12

proudmary
DandelionPowderman
<to make judgmental pronouncements on Mick's relationship with L'Wren, particularly at this time.>

That's exactly what I don't get. Why do anyone think that this is an appropriate thing to do NOW?

The only reason I can think of is that one has insider knowledge, and doesn't think too highly of Mick...

the only insider knowledge this poster has are the gossips in tabloids
regard low opinion about Mick -on the contrary it is somewhat inverted too high opinion of him as super male who can bring any woman - this weak fragile creation who is not able to live without man - to suicide.
as if there was no feminism

I do not know what feminism has to do with anything. But if L'Wren was not driven to despair by a business failure, as has been widely reported, is it not reasonable to think that it was due to her personal life?

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: March 19, 2014 16:13

DandelionPowderman
duffydawg

You know zilch. Read the statements from Ronnie, Keith and Charlie in the Aussie-thread. You're just throwing out garbage here, man.

Although I agree its garbage it feels more like recycling...its been on this board before and it will come back again in another form...

Posted by: Stoneburst ()
Date: March 19, 2014 16:14

DandelionPowderman
<to make judgmental pronouncements on Mick's relationship with L'Wren, particularly at this time.>

That's exactly what I don't get. Why do anyone think that this is an appropriate thing to do NOW?

The only reason I can think of is that one has insider knowledge, and doesn't think too highly of Mick...

This. I mean...I hold no candle for Mick Jagger whatsoever, he's a conservative multimillionaire rock star who totally betrayed the spirit of the 60s, his ticket prices are outrageous, he treated Mick Taylor like shit for years and continued to do so on this tour, and - yes - there's not insubstantial evidence to suggest that his attitude towards women is deeply distasteful, to say the least. Do I feel bad for him right now on a human level? Of course I do. That sympathy doesn't exclude the possibility that he was in some way responsible for L'Wren's suicide, nor is it based on that possibility. Whatever the circumstances, someone he (perhaps formerly) cared about is dead in awful circumstances. That entitles him to sympathy and understanding, period.

This is an individual tragedy that has taken place amidst a vast showbiz circus. So it isn't surprising that many here and elsewhere have failed to differentiate the private from the public (CindyC having been an extreme case in point: even if you accept that Jagger was definitely to blame, what is anyone on this board going to do about it? Give him a stern talking to?) Most of the discussions on this board have said far more about fan psychology than they do about these actual events: the need to feel close to the band, the need to intimate that we all understand more than we do and that we're all insiders in a sense, and above all the need to share in the tragedy - which is precisely what we cannot do. No-one here was a part of L'Wren's life. It is not our loss, no matter what spin you put on it. That's it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-19 16:17 by Stoneburst.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: March 19, 2014 16:20

Bliss
proudmary
DandelionPowderman

regard low opinion about Mick -on the contrary it is somewhat inverted too high opinion of him as super male who can bring any woman - this weak fragile creation who is not able to live without man - to suicide.

I do not know what feminism has to do with anything. But if L'Wren was not driven to despair by a business failure, as has been widely reported, is it not reasonable to think that it was due to her personal life?

If you have ever dealt with clinically depressed people, you would know that 9 times out of 10, it's very difficult to pinpoint one particular cause of the depression. It could have physiological roots; it could be hereditary.

Posted by: michaelsavage ()
Date: March 19, 2014 16:22

The "go away" was for Stonebust

Posted by: Dreamer ()
Date: March 19, 2014 16:25

DandelionPowderman
Dreamer
StonedInTokyo
Bliss
Ok. What's bothering me is that this smells like a PR spin to deflect attention away from the truth. Out of seven long term r'ships that we know of, three of the women have made serious suicide attempts, one successfully. Now perhaps all these women were unstable to begin with. Or perhaps not.

Postponing a massive tour to fly half-way around the world to attend to this unfortunate matter and mourn her loss is not a PR-spin. Regardless of what you may think of him, it is wholly inappropriate to make judgmental pronouncements on Mick's relationship with L'Wren, particularly at this time.

I totally agree StonedInTokyo.

+1

Well...out of his 20k posts I'm sure DP made lots of PR for the RS. In fact he always irritates me with his thumbs up for anything people like about the RS and his thumbs down when you are a nay-sayer.
And he often or always accused me of being a nay-sayer and a whiner so people can't say I'm a PR guy for the Stones.

But I can't say Dandee is not a decent guy because he is. This irritating youngster has the decency to support the fact that I agree with StonedInTokyo.
I think more people should agree with StonedInTokyo's words:

Postponing a massive tour to fly half-way around the world to attend to this unfortunate matter and mourn her loss is not a PR-spin. Regardless of what you may think of him, it is wholly inappropriate to make judgmental pronouncements on Mick's relationship with L'Wren, particularly at this time.

It's not about our opinions at this moment...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-19 16:30 by Dreamer.

Posted by: TrulyMicks ()

So saddened about this.

RIP

And the world keeps turning
And life goes on
The world keeps turning
May your heart stay strong.....

Posted by: michaelsavage ()

Dreamer
DandelionPowderman
Dreamer
StonedInTokyo
Bliss
Ok. What's bothering me is that this smells like a PR spin to deflect attention away from the truth. Out of seven long term r'ships that we know of, three of the women have made serious suicide attempts, one successfully. Now perhaps all these women were unstable to begin with. Or perhaps not.

I totally agree StonedInTokyo.

+1

Well...out of his 20k posts I'm sure DP made lots of PR for the RS. In fact he always irritates me with his thumbs up for anything people like about the RS and his thumbs down when you are a nay-sayer.
And he often or always accused me of being a nay-sayer and a whiner so people can't say I'm a PR guy for the Stones.

But I can't say Dandee is not a decent guy because he is. This irritating youngster has the decency to support the fact that I agree StonedInTokyo.
I think more people should agree with StonedInTokyo's words:

It's not about our opinions at this moment...

well said...

Date: March 19, 2014 16:28

Bliss
If L'Wren was not driven to despair by a business failure, as has been widely reported, is it not reasonable to think that it was due to her personal life?

The only salient point that matters now is that L'Wren Scott is gone forever.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-19 16:33 by StonedInTokyo.

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: March 19, 2014 16:28

>>If you have ever dealt with clinically depressed people, you would know that 9 times out of 10, it's very difficult to pinpoint one particular cause of the depression. It could have physiological roots; it could be hereditary.

I have, and do, and not one person, out of the many friends, acquaintances, employees, clients or family who have written about her has said she was prone to depression. Quie the contrary, in fact.

Date: March 19, 2014 16:30

EDIT: I give up. Pollute this board with gossip and speculations from rags - as much as you like. I'm outta here...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-21 14:51 by DandelionPowderman.

Date: March 19, 2014 16:32

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-21 14:52 by DandelionPowderman.

Date: March 19, 2014 16:34

DandelionPowderman
Munichhilton
DandelionPowderman
duffydawg

You know zilch. Read the statements from Ronnie, Keith and Charlie in the Aussie-thread. You're just throwing out garbage here, man.

Although I agree its garbage it feels more like recycling...its been on this board before and it will come back again in another form...

But the "new" products are dubious, at best...

Dubious? They suck...I'm laying low, let the hounds fight over the recycling...

Date: March 19, 2014 16:37

Bliss
not one person, out of the many friends, acquaintances, employees, clients or family who have written about her has said she was prone to depression. Quite the contrary, in fact.

Which would make the manner in which she ended her life all the more shocking for those who knew and loved her.

Posted by: Dreamer ()
Date: March 19, 2014 16:40

MainStreetExile
Posting ignorant, bottom-feeding speculation and making cruel remarks doesn't make anyone a "rebel," give me a break. That is the practice of cowards with empty lives and room-temperature IQs, and I will bet the rent that if any of these "nonconformists" ever had to break with the pack and take a stand on any issue in a forum outside the Internet, large or small, they'd run like they were scorched. And all this blather about "freedom of expression..." First off, there is a difference between freedom and license, second, people who disagree with you are also free to express that, you'd hope they'd come up with something better than "eff off," but it's simple, it says it, and really isn't any more offensive than the comments that provoked it, just shorter. And last, the Internet is a dangerous thing, people think any stupid, thoughtless chunk of trash that flashes through their brain, and it happens to every human being, deserves to be posted for the world to see, on forums, on Twitter, Facebook walls, when in better days, sense would prevail and these thoughts would come and go with no one the wiser, and to the relief of the intelligent person whose emotions ran out of control.

When Mary Travers was diagnosed with leukemia, and eventually passed, fans posted in the appropriate thread on the PP&M site, and they would print the threads out without editing, for her to read, and then for her family as condolence. And look at this thread, headed RIP L'Wren -- we're Stones fans, and we would want this thing printed out and handed to Mick as consolation? For all the sincere messages of condolence and attempts at support among one another, I wouldn't print this thread out to line the bottom of a birdcage. If you want to think that ignorant, unsophisticated, cruel outbursts make you a rebel, if you think there's something marvelous about someone in their fifties or sixties having the mentality of a 12-year old, that's your gig, but don't tout it as being rock and roll and don't pin it on the Rolling Stones, especially at a heartbreaking time like this.

I totally agree. Thanks for posting.

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: March 19, 2014 16:41

BV, isn't it truly tasteless to keep this thread going?

Date: March 19, 2014 16:43

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-21 14:52 by DandelionPowderman.

Date: March 19, 2014 16:48

stonesrule
BV, isn't it truly tasteless to keep this thread going?

It truly is...but it gives us a chance to examine the truly disappointing mental processes and forum skills of the average lurker turned poster! See there's a positive!

Re: L'Wren Scott dead...? :- (
Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: March 19, 2014 17:06

StonedInTokyo

It is very touching that Mick referred to her as his "(lover and) BEST FRIEND".

Exactly, that stood out in his post. I see that a huge compliment and a sign of how important person she was in Mick's life. One can see how much Mick lost there, and also how mature his take on for important relationships in his life is. I guess for that reason he can is able to remain in friendly terms with his old partners - something that is totally inconsistent with his public reputation the 'moralistic' media wants to emphasize. We 'know' the latter Jagger and his habits, but there is much more beyond that. Besides, I have always got the impression that Mick's 'best friends' are always been his female partners, and women generally. He is not the type to go with the lads to nearest pub if he feels like having something in his heart to share. The Stones, for example, have never been 'friends' in that sense ever - they are famous for not talking anything, but just doing. I am sure a strong personality, with no much 'gang mentality' as Jagger, is very much responsible for a silent culture like that.

Actually can anyone mean any more than being a "lover and best friend" to someone else? I see there a perfect relationship for a couple. It can't be any better.

- Doxa

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-19 17:10 by Doxa.

Posted by: rollingon ()
Date: March 19, 2014 17:07

drbryant
Bliss
proudmary
DandelionPowderman

If you have ever dealt with clinically depressed people, you would know that 9 times out of 10, it's very difficult to pinpoint one particular cause of the depression. It could have physiological roots; it could be hereditary.

Yes, you are absolutely right here, the human psyche can be very complex. There are not always obvious reasons for a serious depression.

Posted by: blessed_poison ()
Date: March 19, 2014 17:16

I don't post on here often , and Mick's treatment of women at times has been poor , even Keith has made comments about it, but this time is different. Just like the song he sang " Brand new set of rules " I think he changed , and was not the same person , and at age 70 found his soul mate so to speak. Sad in some ways cultivating an image for decades , only to have it come back to bite him in trashy tabloid speculation now at his most vulnerable time. I could be wrong but I believe he found a Brand New Set of Rules.

[youtu.be]

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: March 19, 2014 17:24

Messages from Keith, Charlie and Ronnie on the postponement of the Australia/ New Zealand tour.

Keith Richards:
“No-one saw this coming…Mick’s always been my soul brother and we love him…we’re thick as thieves and we’re all feeling for the man…we really hate to disappoint our fans but we’ll see everyone really soon.”

Charlie Watts:
"Needless to say we are all completely shocked but our first thought is to support Mick at this awful time. We intend to come back to Australia and New Zealand as soon as it proves possible.”

Ronnie Wood:
"This is such terrible news and right now the important thing is that we are all pulling together to offer Mick our support and help him through this sad time. Without a doubt we intend to be back out on that stage as soon as we can."

[www.facebook.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-19 17:28 by Cristiano Radtke.

Posted by: rollingon ()
Date: March 19, 2014 17:34

It's so strange that she apparently didn't leave any message to explain her decision, it could be even a little easier to understand then???

Posted by: HighwireC ()
Date: March 19, 2014 17:38

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2021222324252627282930...LastNext
Current Page: 25 of 40

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1803
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home