Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2425262728293031323334...LastNext
Current Page: 29 of 40
Re: R.I.P. L'Wren Scott :- (
Posted by: ts ()
Date: March 20, 2014 04:01

There will be a time and there will be a place....

Never easy when thoughts and prayers turn to memories and hopes.

Selah

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: March 20, 2014 04:02

Stay strong Mick. My prayers are for you.

Posted by: SweetThing ()
Date: March 20, 2014 04:34

StonedInTokyo
rollingon
It's so strange that she apparently didn't leave any message to explain her decision, it could be even a little easier to understand then???

Keith's statement that "no-one saw this coming" seems to debunk the reports she had harmed herself about a month ago.

Well, not to discredit Keith Richards in any way for that statement, but I don't see how it can possibly "debunk" anything. IF she did show any signs, in recent weeks, which close friends or employees etc (of hers) picked up on, and perhaps kept hidden, why would KR necessarily be clued in about them half way around the world?

Again, his statement here is perfectly reasonable, as a general one, but suicides often take many, if not all, by surprise. He can't speak for everyone though and probably didn't mean to.

Posted by: Sighunt ()
Date: March 20, 2014 05:13

paulm
MJ's quick, formal response on his website surely reflects some of his inner anguish, but I also think some of the wording is legal-ese, as in damage control, as in preventive measure to deflect potential civil suits. Before I get flamed, step outside the emotional and consider the implications: this is big business.

Guys, did you see MJ's beach pic in Oz? Dude was happy. The polar opposite was going on with Ms. Scott. Has someone ever dumped you, and while you're crying, they're smiling, moving on with life, partying with friends, happy to finally let you go? Feels great doesn't it? And have you been on the other side, and been wary of the ex who is acting unstable, obsessed?

Wouldn't be surprised if L'Wren saw that beach pic that morning.

About the money, her condo alone was valued at about the debt owed. Clean slate.

Her former housekeeper said how much L'Wren wanted to be rich and famous. Well she got all that, but lost herself, and to what? Being broken hearted about being dumped by a known philanderer who has a parade of children and abandoned relationships in his wake? Really? Take your life for that?

Like many, I bought into the image of L'Wren being this tall, strong, smart, successful woman who perhaps was a lil' more intelligent than Jerry Hall. Goes to show how much we know. Nothing.

This story is so disturbing. For me it's casting a shadow on part of the Stones...for the moment, I could give a rat's ass about seeing MJ sing in Oz or anywhere else. Give it a rest for a while.

In a way, I feel bad for Keith & Co. too. They're old now, and statistically, these could be some of the last opportunities for the world's greatest rock n' roll band.

Peace out people.

I haven't posted on this site in a while. Like everyone else, I felt very sad hearing the news on tv regarding Ms. Scott's untimely and tragic death. I've read a fair number of these posts and how it affected others, and I felt compelled to write because this one by Paulm sort of offended me. If I'm not mistaken and maybe reading into this (and please correct me if I'm wrong), you seem to suggest that L'Wren Scott's actions were partially due to being dumped by Mick Jagger. Other than mere speculation and/or tabloid fodder that's being posted out there, isn't that an overreach at this point to suggest this as a probable motive?

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: March 20, 2014 05:18

Thanks for your post Sighunt. I agree.

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: March 20, 2014 06:05

Kill the messenger

Posted by: Marhsall ()
Date: March 20, 2014 06:50

Scanning news headlines this morning (Thurs.) & what I feared most is happening now more frequently.

Bad press. More rumors coming out. Horrible gossip

In regards to L'wren being pushed into this horrible act because Jagger would never date a woman 50 yrs. old..

Jagger's rep told FOX411 to “stop looking for gossip that has no relation to fact to drive your ratings" when asked for comment on this story.

Man How More Heartbreaking can this situation be! I can't even imagine how Mick is coping w/ this, while the media twists this tragedy to sell papers & tries to answer questions that may never be known by inferring it was Mick's fault.

I'd never fault the man if he walked away from the spotlight and never did another interview again to go live in peace which is what he needs most right now!

"Well my heavy throbbers itchin' just to lay a solid rhythm down"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-20 08:02 by Marhsall.

Posted by: owlbynite ()
Date: March 20, 2014 08:31

SomeTorontoGirl
andrewt
Redhotcarpet
And Cindy got banned. Interesting. So a fan starts a thread about L'wren and shares something personal, gets slammed by fans who say they are concerned about Jagger and Scott, report (?) Cindy and now she's banned, after beeing told by a concerned fan to "f--- o--"? And that iorrian is still here. Sorry if OT but it doesnt sound quite right. Edit: and please dont report me for saying this.

I'm with you all the way on this. The treatment she received from some of the folks here was despicable. Outright bullying and gleeful malevolence.

thumbs up

Shocked CindyC is banned after reading so many offensive, abusive, quarrelsome & senseless posts all over this forum complete with people stalking someone they're feuding with to a different thread just to continue fighting! Another big group I belong to (over 10,000) has moderators who boot offenders out pronto for much less & inform the whole group. Looks like the original good intention of this thread is now obliterated. So, will CindyC ever be invited back? sad smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-20 10:48 by owlbynite.

Posted by: SweetThing ()
Date: March 20, 2014 08:40

The tide may yet turn in the tabloids.

I sense the tone changing in the stories I see.

None of it is any of our business, but the point here is in the end, while I am sure the exposure is unwanted and painful to MJ and all concerned to begin with, it may well turn out there is significant public sympathy for them both and the news media..high, low and in between, may respond accordingly.

Aside from the go-to "wrinkly rockers" snark, the media hasn't had a vendetta against the Stones in a long long time....and many are at least casual fans or appreciate them otherwise.

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: March 20, 2014 08:42

My heart goes out to Mick during this time. This is such a tragic loss. I pray
Time and friendship will help him through the challenging days ahead...

Please let's all be respectful in what we write in regards to this event
And L'Wren. I believe we owe this to Mick who is the leader of
Our beloved band. He will have much healing ahead of him and we can
All help by being respectful of what is posted. The fact is our posts can
Be viewed by the world.

As true Diehard fans we need to do everything we can to help Mick recover.
Mick is no longer a young man and I fear the fact he has not yet left
Australia is not a good sign.

Maybe a thread could be started which would solely contain words of encouragement for Mick?

Date: March 20, 2014 09:31

paulm
Please give "will the tour go on?" questions a rest for a while.

This is a human being we're talking about, who had no reason to go out like that. L'Wren had absolutely everything going for her. Something beneath the surface going on here that none of us can pretend to know about at this point.
a shame the only one who didn't know she had everything going for her was her....sad smiley

Date: March 20, 2014 09:45

NWSooner
May God alone supply an amazing amount of His comfort,grace and peace to her family, there is no other real hope in my opinion in dealing with such a tragedy.

3.1.1993 I had the unfortunate pleasure of finding my father dead from a self inflicted gunshot to the head, believe me when I say the first 72 hours are complete chaos, your mind is racing a million miles a minute with thoughts and concerns of various sorts, you can;t sleep and your definitely not hungry. The worst part is that after the chaos starts to subside, the warning signs that everyone missed in the preceding days and weeks become crystal clear and thus each person begins to feel the shame and guilt for not recognizing the signs in advance so that possibly they could have intervened.

I have no clue if they will cancel any dates, however as much as I love the Stones it wouldn't shock me if they carried on without canceling any shows because Mick is pretty full of himself as most successful front men are, heck I'm pretty arrogant and prideful myself, not that I like those traits but just being honest. Besides some people deal with stress and pain by working to take their mind off of reality, not sure its bad to keep working but personally I do believe its a bit disrespectful for Mick to not attend the funeral, huh?

Anyway, I hope and pray they do the right thing and cancel a few shows and then promise to make them up later for the fans sake.

Peace and grace to her family and closest friends.

NWSooner

I am sorry for your loss. Godspeed! sad smiley

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: March 20, 2014 11:00

After 29 pages of RIP:s it's a valid question. And please do not change my text. Console and condole are different words.
And, furthermore, you have no right to use derogatives against other posters or ask for other posters to be banned. It's against the rules of this board.

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: March 20, 2014 11:29

proudmary
StonedInTokyo
Bliss
Ok. What's bothering me is that this smells like a PR spin to deflect attention away from the truth. Out of seven long term r'ships that we know of, three of the women have made serious suicide attempts, one successfully. Now perhaps all these women were unstable to begin with. Or perhaps not.

Postponing a massive tour to fly half-way around the world to attend to this unfortunate matter and mourn her loss is not a PR-spin. Regardless of what you may think of him, it is wholly inappropriate to make judgmental pronouncements on Mick's relationship with L'Wren, particularly at this time.

I totally agree StonedInTokyo
To Bliss - the relationships are not the life imprisonment.
You do not stay in them for fear that your partner will commit suicide in case of breakup. And we have no evidence to support this theory - Mick's separation from L'Wren - except for tabloid gossip.
However, I find it strange that CindyC with her respectful desire to understand what happened was ostracized and banned while this puritanical finger-pointing does not cause any ill feeling

To PM - I agree completely. Apart from not yielding to L'Wren's reported desire for marriage and family, there is no evidence to suggest that Mick ever treated L'Wren badly. There are reports that he bailed her out financially numerous times. They always looked extremely happy together and it really seemed as if Mick had found contentment at last. It is quite certain that Mick would never have wished her any harm and definitely not this tragic end. But you are correct, a r'ship should not be a prison sentence, and when only one person wants to leave, the other often suffers.

Let us be clear - no one is blaming Mick for L'Wren's death.

Posted by: rollingon ()
Date: March 20, 2014 11:31

Sighunt
paulm
MJ's quick, formal response on his website surely reflects some of his inner anguish, but I also think some of the wording is legal-ese, as in damage control, as in preventive measure to deflect potential civil suits. Before I get flamed, step outside the emotional and consider the implications: this is big business.

Guys, did you see MJ's beach pic in Oz? Dude was happy. The polar opposite was going on with Ms. Scott. Has someone ever dumped you, and while you're crying, they're smiling, moving on with life, partying with friends, happy to finally let you go? Feels great doesn't it? And have you been on the other side, and been wary of the ex who is acting unstable, obsessed?

Wouldn't be surprised if L'Wren saw that beach pic that morning.

About the money, her condo alone was valued at about the debt owed. Clean slate.

Her former housekeeper said how much L'Wren wanted to be rich and famous. Well she got all that, but lost herself, and to what? Being broken hearted about being dumped by a known philanderer who has a parade of children and abandoned relationships in his wake? Really? Take your life for that?

Like many, I bought into the image of L'Wren being this tall, strong, smart, successful woman who perhaps was a lil' more intelligent than Jerry Hall. Goes to show how much we know. Nothing.

This story is so disturbing. For me it's casting a shadow on part of the Stones...for the moment, I could give a rat's ass about seeing MJ sing in Oz or anywhere else. Give it a rest for a while.

In a way, I feel bad for Keith & Co. too. They're old now, and statistically, these could be some of the last opportunities for the world's greatest rock n' roll band.

Peace out people.

I haven't posted on this site in a while. Like everyone else, I felt very sad hearing the news on tv regarding Ms. Scott's untimely and tragic death. I've read a fair number of these posts and how it affected others, and I felt compelled to write because this one by Paulm sort of offended me. If I'm not mistaken and maybe reading into this (and please correct me if I'm wrong), you seem to suggest that L'Wren Scott's actions were partially due to being dumped by Mick Jagger. Other than mere speculation and/or tabloid fodder that's being posted out there, isn't that an overreach at this point to suggest this as a probable motive?

We just don't know what has happened behind the scenes. So it's not appropriate to put blame on anyone.

Anyway, to me the relationship between L'Wren and Mick seemed to be much more than just a relationship between two lovers, there also seemed to be a very strong friendship aspect in it.

And I guess it's not very easy to take care of your loved ones and at the same time tour around the world with the Rolling Stones and also to be in charge of and take care of the business side of the things. It's not very easy to be Mick Jagger, that's how I see it.

But what ever has happened between them Jagger is now genuinely devastated, this is the second time I know he is really broken, the first time was when Brian died.

Posted by: billwebster ()
Date: March 20, 2014 11:43

RIP L'Wren Scott.

It's always sad to see a creative person go out, and it's a true tragedy when it happens like this, due to depression.

Not knowing about the Stones connection, I favorably noticed her designs back in the early 00s when surfing catwalk show pictures websites, due to my interest in that which probably originates from growing up in a family of a tailor.

She was a good designer and had a certain elegance which is rare these days.

This feels like McQueen all over again.

Here's wishing strength and peace of mind to her loved ones, friends and family. May they safely sail through the tabloid thunderstorm and remember her for her best times.

So sad.

Date: March 20, 2014 11:58

To proudmary: To speculate about the personal life of a newly deceased human being is apparently okey then. A person of whom you never knew or never met.
Spreading gossip and rumours in a condolence thread isn't exactly the most appropriate thing to do...

Posted by: Dreamer ()
Date: March 20, 2014 12:37

Stoneage
To proudmary: To speculate about the personal life of a newly deceased human being is apparently okey then. A person of whom you never knew or never met.
Spreading gossip and rumours in a condolence thread isn't exactly the most appropriate thing to do...

Well you don't seem to know what appropriate is...

Stoneage
What's the point with consoling someone you never knew?

...but if you coincidentally do since a couple of hours go help this forum and the people who read the posts by using appropriate words yourself in this thread.

Date: March 20, 2014 13:01

Dreamer, if you're going to quote me, quote me right. That quote is a misquote by Stoned in Tokyo. The question is valid however (the right quoted one).
But I won't push it any further since so many here seems to still be in grief. Whether they knew her or not. So, I won't write a word more in this thread.

Posted by: Dreamer ()
Date: March 20, 2014 13:05

Rokyfan
Kill the messenger

I agree.
I don't mind if paulm is banned for suggestions like this "but I also think some of the wording is legal-ese, as in damage control, as in preventive measure to deflect potential civil suits. Before I get flamed, step outside the emotional and consider the implications: this is big business." in a place and at a time like this it's not about our opinions but about the decency to step back.

When someone died like this it's not about free speech or something. There is lots of personal grief and shock and even more just because of publications like this. People who insist that the RS are public property, even when a close friend or relative dies in the most shocking circumstances are bullying, not the other people who react to that by saying 'get out of here!' or 'shut up.'

It's more than tasteless to speculate about why LS has taken her life, about the relationship she had with MJ, about everything actually; people who are doing that just with the argument of freedom of speech are wrongfully using it and are intruders of the worst kind.

Date: March 20, 2014 13:27

EDIT: I give up. Pollute this board with gossip and speculations from rags - as much as you like. I'm outta here...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-21 14:47 by DandelionPowderman.

Date: March 20, 2014 13:49

Dreamer
Rokyfan
Kill the messenger

I agree.
I don't mind if paulm is banned for suggestions like this "but I also think some of the wording is legal-ese, as in damage control, as in preventive measure to deflect potential civil suits. Before I get flamed, step outside the emotional and consider the implications: this is big business." in a place and at a time like this it's not about our opinions but about the decency to step back.

When someone died like this it's not about free speech or something. There is lots of personal grief and shock and even more just because of publications like this. People who insist that the RS are public property, even when a close friend or relative dies in the most shocking circumstances are bullying, not the other people who react to that by saying 'get out of here!' or 'shut up.'

It's more than tasteless to speculate about why LS has taken her life, about the relationship she had with MJ, about everything actually; people who are doing that just with the argument of freedom of speech are wrongfully using it and are intruders of the worst kind.
No you don't agree.

The phrase "kill the messenger" is sarcastic -- it means you don't like what the messenger is saying but instead of responding to the argument, you kill the messenger.

That's the tone of a lot of these messages, including yours. "We don't want to think that Mick left his long time lover before she killed herself so we sill castigate people who point it out."

You have the right to think something is tasteless, I just think it is silly to complain about people making what you see as tasteless comment on the internet. Tasteless is allowed.

Above all I am fan of Lennon: Gimme some Truth. The truth has a value all its own. It is good for the truth to be told and bad when things are covered up. That's my view. Stop the PR bullshit and give us the truth.

(the phrase apparently comes from an ancient practice -- when a messenger arrived with bad news, the messenger was killed. Today we call it banning [metaphorically]).

You call for banning someone is the MOST offensive and tasteless thing (to me) I have read on this thread.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-20 13:57 by Rokyfan.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: March 20, 2014 13:50

Cause of the death official confirmed: [edition.cnn.com] . sad smiley

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: March 20, 2014 13:51

StonedInTokyo
Stoneage
What's the point with consoling someone you never knew?

Someone please ban this troll.

Oh not this again! Can the thought police please take a step back?
These are longtime posters not trolls FFS.

On another note.
A lot of people are wondering how someone with so much going for them could commit such a desperate act. The answer is simple: Depression does not play favourites. In can strike at anyone, anytime regardless of sex, race, class etc. Many people achieve success either despite the affliction or sometimes because of it, as a desperate attempt to improve their self worth. Think about Kurt Cobain... biggest rock star going at the time, rich, creatively vindicated, married with a beautiful baby and yet the power of Depression to filter out any good and leave only the bad is so strong none of that mattered. With Depression a sunrise is nothing but a sunset waiting to happen.

Some people are wired to stay strong and some people aren't.
The tragedy is when those who are not choose to deal with their issues in isolation rather than reaching out for help.

Date: March 20, 2014 13:56

EDIT: I give up. Pollute this board with gossip and speculations from rags - as much as you like. I'm outta here...

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: March 20, 2014 14:00

I am very glad you have concluded with that! Eventually...

<He pulled the plug. The funding plug and the emotional plug>
>>I am very glad you have concluded with that! Eventually...

<He pulled the plug. The funding plug and the emotional plug>

I was quoting MockJigger.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 20, 2014 14:00

-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-20 14:05 by treaclefingers.

Date: March 20, 2014 14:01

DandelionPowderman

The response (to the speculations about whose fault this death was) was clear: Many took offense by the speculations, so shortly after her passing, and expressed that.

I'm raised to respect feedback like this, instead of clinching in with "I have the right to say it" or "You think you're morally superior, and you wanna kill this debate".

Then again, that's me...

I respect your views. I don;t recall you calling for people to be banned. As people have said, calling someone out for what they said is entirely different from saying they should be muzzled. As far as know, you have not done the latter and I have no problem with you expressing the opinion that it is tasteless or whatever to discuss something.

Date: March 20, 2014 14:05

Date: March 20, 2014 14:07

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-21 14:48 by DandelionPowderman.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2425262728293031323334...LastNext
Current Page: 29 of 40

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2174
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home