Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2223242526272829303132...LastNext
Current Page: 27 of 40
Re: R.I.P. L'Wren Scott :- (
Posted by: Stoneburst ()
Date: March 19, 2014 20:13

Rokyfan
DandelionPowderman
So for you it's perfectly ok to post that Mick was responsible for her death, hours after her passing?

I don't know who posted that, I haven't read that. To say Mick was responsible would be idiotic and facile. I believe what I have read about her being distraught over Mick breaking up with her. If that was a motivating factor, that is not blaming Mick. Nobody can know what anybody else will do, he is not responsible for her actions. He may think so, who knows, that's between Mick and his conscience.

So far as I know, the only person who has actually done this so far was CindyC (correct me if I'm wrong). For all the pious waffling about free speech, it was perfectly clear - both from her initial reaction when the news first broke here and from her swiftly-deleted goodbye message, posted from a duplicate account after BV banned her - that this was precisely the idea behind her setting up the 'non-condolence discussion thread'.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-19 20:14 by Stoneburst.

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: March 19, 2014 20:17

I'm not here 24/7, missed the Cindy thing and ignored all the posts that came after. To equate others who want to discuss the thing honestly with a conclusion that Mick is "at fault" is not fair.

Posted by: Stoneburst ()
Date: March 19, 2014 20:19

Rokyfan
I'm not here 24/7, missed the Cindy thing and ignored all the posts that came after. To equate others who want to discuss the thing honestly with a conclusion that Mick is "at fault" is not fair.

I completely agree, but honestly, I still don't see what there is to discuss.

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: March 19, 2014 20:23

Stoneburst
Rokyfan

I completely agree, but honestly, I still don't see what there is to discuss.
I see your point. Most of the discussion is about what is or is not proper to discuss.

Posted by: Loose ()
Date: March 19, 2014 20:28

Shame that Cindy was banned, one of the best posters on here and totally misunderstood over the past week.
And all this speculation.... OK some of it is negative and if Mick read through it all some would be very hurtful. But of course he doesn't does he? And certainly not right now.
I am beginning to think that bv himself is a bit creepy to be honest. Spending his time hanging around the Stones' hotel and always so protective.... Great that he has this site and hat's off to him for that of course but nonetheless...

Posted by: angee ()
Date: March 19, 2014 20:40

Stoneburst
Rokyfan
DandelionPowderman
So for you it's perfectly ok to post that Mick was responsible for her death, hours after her passing?

I don't know who posted that, I haven't read that. To say Mick was responsible would be idiotic and facile. I believe what I have read about her being distraught over Mick breaking up with her. If that was a motivating factor, that is not blaming Mick. Nobody can know what anybody else will do, he is not responsible for her actions. He may think so, who knows, that's between Mick and his conscience.

So far as I know, the only person who has actually done this so far was CindyC (correct me if I'm wrong). For all the pious waffling about free speech, it was perfectly clear - both from her initial reaction when the news first broke here and from her swiftly-deleted goodbye message, posted from a duplicate account after BV banned her - that this was precisely the idea behind her setting up the 'non-condolence discussion thread'.

Stoneburst, first, I object to you carrying on whatever vendetta or critique you have against someone who is banned and cannot defend herself. To me, that is unethical, unfair in the extreme.

Second, no, CindyC never said this, as I recall. She set up the thread, btw, to *avoid* the issue of blame. What she did say is Mick may have given L'Wren cause to be desperate, as may have been the case with one other g/f (--turns out to be two others--), which seems more than coincidence. She also clearly noted that the only one responsible for a suicide is the person who commits it.

bv, if you choose to delete this, perhaps you can delete all posts in this argumentative, vilifying vein.

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: michaelsavage ()
Date: March 19, 2014 20:45

Did not know she was banned

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: March 19, 2014 20:46

Thank you Dr. Bryant!

The post speaking of "needing to understand" is pathetic.

RIP L'Wren...NOT with some of the posts that have been made here.

She made her sad decision and it is not OUR business to know every personal detail.

BV would not want HIS "family stuff" on IORR.

Date: March 19, 2014 20:47

EDIT: I give up. Pollute this board with gossip and speculations from rags - as much as you like. I'm outta here...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-21 14:49 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: tumbled ()
Date: March 19, 2014 20:51

I think he really loved her a lot. and they had a lot of fun together. I hope no one takes offense to that.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: March 19, 2014 20:54

treaclefingers
lettingitbleed
to expect that no one on a Stones message board would not speculate and discuss the biggest Stones related event in...since...who know when.. is a bit silly and just not realistic. How can we be expected to ignore this massive news bombshell? I suppose there should be zero news coverage about it and no one should ever discuss it amongst eachother too??

We can ONLY discuss the music itself now? This holier-than-thou BS has really gotten out of hand. If some of you are really SO appaled by the posts here post elsewhere and just dont read it!! You hate to discuss this but keep coming back for more.....?

Nice rant and wonderful hyberbole

Hah, what most bothers me here lately that discussing music is damn difficult, because that's the sphere where the constraints for 'discussion' are set, or to say it more frankly, only certain types of opinions are allowed. I think what actually this site is meant to be is to follow current Stones activities with a possitive spirit, and sharing info concerning their performances. Outside that realm it gets difficult to say anything with any substance.

This went OT, and should have been directed to 'complaints' thread, but actually I don't care any longer. Just damn tired for all these thought control mechanisms and whatever moralistic stances - it starts to get on my nerves that I should be so damn careful that I should be afraid that some thin-skinned sensitive soul somewhere in the world would get 'offended' by what I say. Or like everytime I write something, I need to ask from myself, is this 'complaint' or 'whining' (like now)? That kills all creative thinking and puts us to damn baby-garden of reflection. Makes me feel like I am a child digging Just Bieber or something. That bloody 'report for offensive posts' button is the worst enemy of a free conversation - if there is any misuses of freedom to be found on this site that it is that very button - that gives way too much unjustified power to people to sapotage other people's freedom to express differing opinions. The term 'to be offended' is as degenerated as 'complaint' in the very course of this site that it simply is unbelevacle. Just a vehicle to privilege subjective intuitions and stop a conversation.

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-19 21:00 by Doxa.

Posted by: big4 ()
Date: March 19, 2014 20:58

There should be three threads instead of this unwieldy monstrosity which started as soon as news of L'Wren broke. They should be:

A dedicated condolences to L'Wren thread
A post your condolences/thoughts/wishes/love to Mick, the Stones thread
A conjecture, news, rumors, theories thread where people can postulate and hypothesize what has happened, etc...

Make all them sticky's and this way people who want to console Mick can do so, those who wish to write codolences to L'Wren can do so and those who wish to share news, opinions, thoughts about the who, what, why, and how of this tragedy can do do. Otherwise you have nothing but a huge cluster....of bitching, arguing, condolences, well wishes, etc...

Posted by: paulm ()
Date: March 19, 2014 20:58

Condolences are in order.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-21 15:40 by paulm.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: March 19, 2014 21:04

Stoneburst
drbryant
For the life of me, I can't understand the need to draw attention to oneself in a condolence thread. I guess that's why I'm not a psychologist.

I resent this comment. What I posted was not about highlighting my own views: it was a reminder that fandom conflates the public and the private, and that this is something we should all be wary of in the aftermath of such tragedies as this. Did you actually read what I wrote?

Frankly, if you're looking to condemn narcissistic reactions to L'Wren Scott's death, there are many, many more obvious targets on this board than me.

A post on a Rolling Stones fan forum in a condolence thread for Mick's girlfriend says that Mick betrayed the spirit of the sixties, treated Mick Taylor like shit and has a distasteful attitude towards women. This is followed by a statement basically saying that those expressing feelings of sorrow or grief in the thread are doing so out of some misguided need to feel like an "insider" or "close to the band". It seemed like an attempt to provoke and turn a condolence thread into a debate over those "views", but then, I might not be smart enough to understand it all.

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: March 19, 2014 21:05

angee

Stoneburst, first, I object to you carrying on whatever vendetta or critique you have against someone who is banned and cannot defend herself. To me, that is unethical, unfair in the extreme.

Second, no, CindyC never said this, as I recall. She set up the thread, btw, to *avoid* the issue of blame. What she did say is Mick may have given L'Wren cause to be desperate, as may have been the case with one other g/f (--turns out to be two others--), which seems more than coincidence. She also clearly noted that the only one responsible for a suicide is the person who commits it.

bv, if you choose to delete this, perhaps you can delete all posts in this argumentative, vilifying vein.

i completely agree with this, I have read the words and tone of CindyC posts after she created her thread. Sure enough I find more offensive of the tragedy and loss all the moaning posts over the possible and now real postponement of concerts that are all over this place, and yes a lot of harsh comments like "pull the plug" that went unnoticed and unnotified and last but not least the very heavy harsh and offensive personal posts against CyndyC, if i rembember well the rules of this community personal attacks should lead to ban..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-19 21:06 by maumau.

Posted by: belld ()
Date: March 19, 2014 21:06

Count me out, respect privacy of people we do not know. Misguided or innocent emotional vultures.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: March 19, 2014 21:06

Things don't always break out into clear factions like that, drbryant, with all due respect.

Many people have all or some or none of those sentiments, imo.
I like the idea of three threads proposed above, althought the third may have been deemed
out of bounds already.

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: March 19, 2014 21:41

paulm

After a substantial grieving/processing period, if MJ carries on the tour dates with predictable prancing, preening, and showboating, I might get sick.

So after a substantial grieving period, you don't want Mick to start putting his life back together and find some happiness again, especially through music and performance? This would make you sick, because you want him to be devastated forever?

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 19, 2014 21:44

Rokyfan
treaclefingers
Rokyfan
treaclefingers

And as far as 'free speech' is concerned...this is BVs website, his not-for-profit passion.

We post here as his clients. He certainly is in it at least partially to keep his clients (and in many cases I'm sure his friends) happy.

Hard to find the right balance, and I'm sure he makes his share of mistakes, however NO WHERE is it stated that on his website we have a right to free speech, to say whatever we want, without moderation.

In fact, he's gone to great lengths to explain his position on these matters.

So, if you want completely free speech, you can get it anywhere on the web. Go join a yahoo 'chat room' (am I dating myself?) and have 'at-er'.

But if BV wants a little civility exercised, especially in view of this tragedy, the last thing I want to hear is ranting of 'my freedom of speech!' on a condolences thread.

BV can delete what he wants and have whatever rules he wants, I certainly agree with that; it's his site. I would never respond to any decision that BV made with respect to this site with a reference to free speech.

What that has to do with one poster telling another what should or should not be posted is beyond me. Someone said what we can't do "here" and nobody has the right to say that except the owner of the site. BV can decide what is appropriate, tasteless, whatever. The opinion of others are irrelevant. If you think that is a rant, you have a problem.

You are certainly within your right to think I have a problem.

But with respect to your last post, your suggesting that anyone should be allowed to throw up whatever they want, and if BV doesn't like it, he can clean it up.

Why should he have to do that? That's time and effort that is completely unnecessary, if your using the forum as intended.

Remember, you have other resources to post your free speech. BVs clearly stated that's not what this forum is for. You need to get over yourself.

I'm not saying he should do that, I'm saying he makes the rules not you. Is someone posting something against applicable rules? He's not aware of the discussions here?

And "you need to get over yourself"?? You need some new cliches.

And you need to get some new hyperbole.

Anyway, I won't post anymore to this condolence thread...very sad to keep getting off track by people who need to hear themselves shout.

Show a little decorum and at least move the discussion to a more appropriate thread.

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: March 19, 2014 21:46

That was a nice article by her friend in the NY times. It does give us some insight and some closure.

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: March 19, 2014 21:49

andrewt
Redhotcarpet
And Cindy got banned. Interesting. So a fan starts a thread about L'wren and shares something personal, gets slammed by fans who say they are concerned about Jagger and Scott, report (?) Cindy and now she's banned, after beeing told by a concerned fan to "f--- o--"? And that iorrian is still here. Sorry if OT but it doesnt sound quite right. Edit: and please dont report me for saying this.

I'm with you all the way on this. The treatment she received from some of the folks here was despicable. Outright bullying and gleeful malevolence.

thumbs up

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: March 19, 2014 21:52

angee

I like the idea of three threads proposed above, althought the third may have been deemed
out of bounds already.

Me too, but that's too late now, and against the current tendency of moderator to put all the things somehow related into one monster thread (which actually makes a focused discussion damn hard if not even impossible). This thread was born from the first shocking news speculating the death itself, then transformed into 'RIP thread', even though some sort of speculation of its causes did occur also (CindyC tried to make a seperated thraed for that but that was delated and caused her banned, as we know). That seemed to mean that anything related to her death, its reasons, consequences, condolences, and now 'meta-talk', are to be 'discussed' here. Of course, all that causes notning but a chaos and tension - no one knowing what is appropriate to say. But like I said in other thread (don't know if it exists still), the whole thing is so tragical and coming out of the blue, it is damn hard for anyone to control or put into order. There is so much deep feelings going on now. I guess we all are more or less shocked, and probably not acting too rational. It is very human.

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-19 21:54 by Doxa.

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: March 19, 2014 21:59

i am simply astonished that discussing with intelligence and respect to the tragic circumstances over suicide leads to be banned while narrowminded preoccupations about shows to be postponed have been deemed fine

Posted by: silkcut1978_ ()
Date: March 19, 2014 22:07

stonesrule
Thank you Dr. Bryant!

She made her sad decision and it is not OUR business to know every personal detail.

Finally something made me laugh - Mick Jagger is a superstar, he might dream of privacy but that's the price for his fame. BV is BV - who cares for his (or even mine) "family stuff"? What are you comparing?

Date: March 19, 2014 22:11

ryanpow
That was a nice article by her friend in the NY times. It does give us some insight and some closure.

I also found that article interesting, since I did almost know nothing about L'Wren Scott besides her being Mick Jagger's girlfriend. It gave some insight into her personality and helped to give my superficial impression of her, which I got from photos, her tweets and one or two articles about her creations, a more substantial background to picture the person. I'm sure her working ethic was one of the things, that found Mick's admiration.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-19 22:15 by StrawberriesBlueberries.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 19, 2014 22:12

silkcut1978_
stonesrule
Thank you Dr. Bryant!

Finally something made me laugh - Mick Jagger is a superstar, he might dream of privacy but that's the price for his fame. BV is BV - who cares for his (or even mine) "family stuff"? What are you comparing?

I think we should move this to the 'family stuff' thread, where we can all compare our 'family stuff'.

I think that's a jewel of an idea.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: March 19, 2014 22:17

silkcut1978_
stonesrule
Thank you Dr. Bryant!

silk! great to see you around, but why in this thread?? It's a mind field

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: March 19, 2014 22:33

big4
There should be three threads instead of this unwieldy monstrosity which started as soon as news of L'Wren broke. They should be:

A dedicated condolences to L'Wren thread
A post your condolences/thoughts/wishes/love to Mick, the Stones thread
A conjecture, news, rumors, theories thread where people can postulate and hypothesize what has happened, etc...

Make all them sticky's and this way people who want to console Mick can do so, those who wish to write codolences to L'Wren can do so and those who wish to share news, opinions, thoughts about the who, what, why, and how of this tragedy can do do. Otherwise you have nothing but a huge cluster....of bitching, arguing, condolences, well wishes, etc...

1.great,perfect

2.thats also a good idea

3. ok-stop.this is the problem.in case you haven't figured it out the guy who owns this website really likes the rolling stones.this isnt difficult people-

he doesnt want to see it dragged into the gutter buy a bunch of jagger haters and gossip mongers who are gonna attack mick,dredge up everything he's ever done wrong in his life and figure out creative ways to underhandedly blame him for what happened.

there is nothing to "discuss" because you cant "discuss" something you know absolutly nothing about.

nobody is having their "free speech" taken away-you have the right to go wherever you want on the net and say whatever you like or go and make your very own website-

there are actual very bad people in the world who do incredible harm and they arent people who make dresses and sing songs for a living.if you wanna try to make it out that way theres a whole sewer of an internet to swim in and plenty of vermin to go along with you,but not here,not now.

Posted by: silkcut1978_ ()
Date: March 19, 2014 22:46

Munichhilton
silkcut1978_
stonesrule
Thank you Dr. Bryant!

silk! great to see you around, but why in this thread?? It's a mind field

I was looking for someone who cares for my family stuff :-(

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: March 19, 2014 22:55

On the other side of the world
A hero's life takes a turn
With the pain of failure on his mind
His kingdom plunges out of rhyme

The singing now must seem so small
Dreadful guilt, endless days
feeling so cold, alone