Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1415161718192021222324...LastNext
Current Page: 19 of 40
Re: R.I.P. L'Wren Scott :- (
Posted by: partnerincrime ()
Date: March 18, 2014 17:34

ciao l'wren
m.

Posted by: KatieGirl ()
Date: March 18, 2014 17:40

paulm
If as speculated their relationship was on the rocks, please, no finger-pointing. Elvis' handlers remarked that "You cannot save a man from himself." We're talking a very dark and sad pathology here people; none that any associates of Ms. Scott's seemed to detect, she being perceived as social, giving, and strong. But obviously, great suffering was going on at the same time. It's tragic. By all accounts and appearances she was a unique woman. While it's easy to say that the whole thing seems unnecessary, many among us manage personal demons...

But to call the assistant...imagine that scene. I find that selfish. Sorry to offend...I feel for the assistant, as I do for the desperate moment Ms. Scott found herself in.
thumbs up

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: March 18, 2014 17:43

hbwriter
it's interesting - i always thought her career was a sparkling success- some of the biggest names in the world wear her- but it seems like it was a giant facade - makes one wonder about other "successes" as they are presented to the public - another problem in a society today that thrives on hype over substance. We don't know what demons drove her to this tragic act, but it would appear that this particular pressure may have played a part. She was going to have a long and hard road ahead with lawsuits, loss of reputation etc - a tough moment in life -

Hi HB, I was very surprised at the state of her business as well. I read a lot of the fashion magazines and in the past year her name has started appearing a lot more frequently. One of my favorite beauty products is the Caudalie Exilir spray. I heard that she was a fan too and the next time I went to buy it, the design had changed and her name was now on the bottle, so she must have cut some kind of deal. Then recently she got into a makeup deal with the Bobbie Brown line. Many of her tweets in the last few months were to promote specific products. Late last year I saw that she started designing a casual line for Banana Republic. So even if her own L'Wren Scott line isn't performing, it surprises me that she's struggling financially.

Posted by: nankerphlege ()
Date: March 18, 2014 17:46

Just terrible news.

Go Dawgs!

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: March 18, 2014 17:48

I think the fashion business can be hard because there's not a huge market for people willing to buy the really expensive stuff. If its not done right, you can expand too quickly and loose money. I used to have a shipping job at a place that sold high end clothes and accessories and this is exactly what happened. They ended up changing business models and sold inexpensive stuff where there was a bigger mark up to stay afloat.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-18 17:53 by ryanpow.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: March 18, 2014 17:49

Mick's statement on his Facebook page:

I am still struggling to understand how my lover and best friend could end her life in this tragic way.

We spent many wonderful years together and had made a great life for ourselves.

She had great presence and her talent was much admired, not least by me.

I have been touched by the tributes that people have paid to her, and also the personal messages of support that I have received.

I will never forget her,
Mick

Posted by: Screamer ()
Date: March 18, 2014 17:50

[www.facebook.com]

I am still struggling to understand how my lover and best friend could end her life in this tragic way.

I have been touched by the tributes that people have paid to her, and also the personal messages of support that I have received.

I will never forget her,
Mick

Posted by: hbwriter ()
Date: March 18, 2014 17:52

mickschix
I personally think it is inappropriate for any of us to run wild with speculation and repeat what the tabloids are saying because right now Mick is in bad pain...no matter the circumstances, and if we care about MICK, the man, we should simply send positive, healing thoughts and prayers his way (and to her family and friends.)..nothing else should matter...this was someone very close to him, end of story...all of the gossip and guessing about this VERY PERSONAL MATTER is frankly disgusting.

where are people running wild with speculation? simply by citing high profile reports? where is the "gossip and guessing"? i think you are wildly overstating - these are highly public people that make news - a reasonable discussion of events hardly seems untoward. That's all that is happening here. Do you discuss the missing malaysian plane? crimea? those all have personal components as well- this is also a "news" story. Personally, i do not care about "MICK the man" (whatever that means) - I care about music. And i feel for *anyone* that must endure this sort of loss as an order of humanity - not because they are a rock star i admire.

If I'm tired of anything here it is the sanctimonious preaching about things that are not even happening - and being told what I *should* be feeling.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-18 17:55 by hbwriter.

Date: March 18, 2014 17:52

duffydawg
Let's face it - this is a giant f#ck you to Jagger. This is not about money. This is the downside to Jagger being a narracisit Rolling Stone. Suicide is an act of anger and outward aggression to those around you.
thumbs up

Posted by: angee ()
Date: March 18, 2014 18:06

paulm, on this:
"We're talking a very dark and sad pathology here people; none that any associates of Ms. Scott's seemed to detect, she being perceived as social, giving, and strong."

It is starting to come out, per my reading online, that her friends may have picked up something of her declining mood during the last week.

I realize this is not known fact at this point, just an inkling of what may have gone on.

Cristiano, thanks so much for Mick's FB update.

~"Love is Strong"~

Date: March 18, 2014 18:11

Screamer
[www.facebook.com]

I will never forget her,
Mick

i just saw this too - and found it curious that the photo he chose to include was of her alone- not the two of them together.

Re: L'Wren Scott dead...? :- (
Date: March 18, 2014 18:12

marko
KatieGirl
marko
rollingon
KatieGirl
Sad and terrible news indeed. I have friend who attemted suicide (unsuccessfully) and he told me" when you're in that black hole, nothing and nobody can talk you out of it." Who knows what goes on in the mind of a person in that black hole. Peace to her and her family and friends.

Very strong anxiety and depression can put almost anyone into that hole, even a very strong person. And she seemed to me as a strong person. Anyone in that hole should seek professional help as soon as possible, also family and friends are extremely important in that condition.

Anxiety can be sometimes so strong that it's like strong physical pain all the time and a person wants to do anything to escape that pain.

Of course there can be different reasons for a suicide but often there is strong anxiety behind the decision.

I know,because i´ve been there.
Hope you are doing ok now marko.

I´m ok now,but it took 3 years to recover completely.
Glad to hear you are feeling better. Hope it stays that way for you.

Posted by: Lady Jayne ()
Date: March 18, 2014 18:12

CindyC
hbwriter
it's interesting - i always thought her career was a sparkling success- some of the biggest names in the world wear her- but it seems like it was a giant facade - makes one wonder about other "successes" as they are presented to the public - another problem in a society today that thrives on hype over substance. We don't know what demons drove her to this tragic act, but it would appear that this particular pressure may have played a part. She was going to have a long and hard road ahead with lawsuits, loss of reputation etc - a tough moment in life -

Hi HB, I was very surprised at the state of her business as well. I read a lot of the fashion magazines and in the past year her name has started appearing a lot more frequently. One of my favorite beauty products is the Caudalie Exilir spray. I heard that she was a fan too and the next time I went to buy it, the design had changed and her name was now on the bottle, so she must have cut some kind of deal. Then recently she got into a makeup deal with the Bobbie Brown line. Many of her tweets in the last few months were to promote specific products. Late last year I saw that she started designing a casual line for Banana Republic. So even if her own L'Wren Scott line isn't performing, it surprises me that she's struggling financially.

There is a distinction between a company being in deficit and personal finances. Her design company is reported to be in trouble financially (although, on the papers filed, solvent), but she is unlikely to have personal liability for those debts. If the company went into administration her own assets would likely escape. And reports are, she owned the NY condo outright (over $1m being paid off last Nov - so either a generous gift from someone or she wasn't doing too badly personally). I'm afraid, I think the financial hardship (by most folks standards) talk is PR spin to detract attention from the bleeding obvious. I bear in mind it seems to have originated here in the UK press, from the Mail which generally accepts Stones PR stories without much enquiry.

Posted by: MarthaTuesday ()
Date: March 18, 2014 18:13

KatieGirl
duffydawg
Let's face it - this is a giant f#ck you to Jagger. This is not about money. This is the downside to Jagger being a narracisit Rolling Stone. Suicide is an act of anger and outward aggression to those around you.
thumbs up

Suicide is not a simple case of "f#ck you".... It's about being in a place of unrelenting depression. The deep, deep, dark feelings of despair and hopelessness can be overwhelming and take over all rational thought. Thinking clearly - about anything, let alone the impact on others, is not something easily done (if at all).

I hope so much that Mick (and all L'Wren's loved ones) are able to deal with this with as much strength and support as he can get. And whatever helps him deal with this - whether going back on stage or time off, should be respected.

It's all just so terribly sad and tragic.

Posted by: MartinB ()
Date: March 18, 2014 18:15

KatieGirl
duffydawg
thumbs up

speculation

Posted by: bernard90mike ()
Date: March 18, 2014 18:16

R.I.P. L'Wren
Mick whatever your decision will be - time off or continue touring - will be respected...

Posted by: Lady Jayne ()
Date: March 18, 2014 18:17

hbwriter
Screamer
[www.facebook.com]

I will never forget her,
Mick

i just saw this too - and found it curious that the photo he chose to include was of her alone- not the two of them together.

Personally, I'd be well p*ssed off if the best my lover could come up with is that I had 'great presence' and talent. I admire Mick's honesty and refusal to say what people want to hear, at least in public, but what he doesn't say here, or isn't said on his behalf, speaks loud and clear.

Posted by: Georges ()
Date: March 18, 2014 18:17

Very sad news...... RIP.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: March 18, 2014 18:18

angee
paulm, on this:
"We're talking a very dark and sad pathology here people; none that any associates of Ms. Scott's seemed to detect, she being perceived as social, giving, and strong."

It is starting to come out, per my reading online, that her friends may have picked up something of her declining mood during the last week.

I realize this is not known fact at this point, just an inkling of what may have gone on.

Cristiano, thanks so much for Mick's FB update.

thumbs up

Date: March 18, 2014 18:19

a sad capture - eyes can never hide sadness

"Mick Jagger looked stunned as he left a Western Australian restaurant — just moments after he was believed to have been told of L'Wren Scott's tragic death. The Rolling Stones singer, who was about to kick off an Australia tour, looked shocked as left Coco's restaurant in Perth in a rush." - NY Daily News

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-18 18:20 by hbwriter.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 18, 2014 18:24

hbwriter
Screamer
[www.facebook.com]

I will never forget her,
Mick

He's probably not thinking too clearly right now...I'd cut him a bit of slack.

Date: March 18, 2014 18:32

well, we live in a celebrity obsessed culture so it's to be expected. regardless of anything,whether they were still together or not, it's probably a safe bet that the call came as a shock.

Posted by: MarthaTuesday ()
Date: March 18, 2014 18:34

treaclefingers
hbwriter
Screamer
[www.facebook.com]

I will never forget her,
Mick

I agree, Treaclefingers. I know someone who lost a wife to suicide... and they were through a divorce... just because the relationship had ended (and I'm not speculating about Mick) didn't mean that it wasn't still a shattering event - and in fact the pain was almost worse because of the fractured relationship. I don't think anyone should judge Mick at the moment.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: March 18, 2014 18:35

treaclefingers
hbwriter
Screamer
[www.facebook.com]

I will never forget her,
Mick

I think he wanted a picture that captured her spirit, which this one does. It's about her life, not their life together. As to the formal nature of the message, Mick is a very private person, for him to write this much is probably more than he feels comfortable with. I think we can all agree that there's no right or wrong in how people express their grief.

Date: March 18, 2014 18:35

MarthaTuesday
treaclefingers
hbwriter
Screamer
[www.facebook.com]

I will never forget her,
Mick

I agree, Treaclefingers. I know someone who lost a wife to suicide... and they were through a divorce... just because the relationship had ended (and I'm not speculating about Mick) didn't mean that it wasn't still a shattering event - and in fact the pain was almost worse because of the fractured relationship. I don't think anyone should judge Mick at the moment.

--

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-18 18:36 by hbwriter.

Posted by: Bellajane ()
Date: March 18, 2014 18:40

I was so afraid of this. These bastards have no shame, and it's only the beginning.

Date: March 18, 2014 18:43

Bellajane

I was so afraid of this. These bastards have no shame, and it's only the beginning.

but it's nothing really new- come on- spectacular celebrity crash and burns have always been tabloid cat nip - why? because the people will pay for it.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: March 18, 2014 18:45

hbwriter
Bellajane

but it's nothing really new- come on- spectacular celebrity crash and burns have always been tabloid cat nip - why? because the people will pay for it.

I feel cheated without a white Ford Bronco...

Posted by: Rev. Robert W. ()
Date: March 18, 2014 18:46

latebloomer
treaclefingers
hbwriter
Screamer
[www.facebook.com]

I will never forget her,
Mick

I think he wanted a picture that captured her spirit, which this one does. It's about her life, not their life together. As to the formal nature of the message, Mick is a very private person, for him to write this much is probably more than he feels comfortable with. I think we can all agree that there's no right or wrong in how people express their grief.

So well said, hbwriter. Spot-on, I think.

Jagger's statement was perfectly lovely and perfectly dignified.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-18 18:47 by Rev. Robert W..

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1415161718192021222324...LastNext
Current Page: 19 of 40

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1860
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home