Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1314151617181920212223...LastNext
Current Page: 18 of 40
Re: R.I.P. L'Wren Scott :- (
Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: March 18, 2014 14:18

Doxa
I write here about Mick because I get the impression from moderator's orders that this thread is dedicated to deal this 'matter' from all possible angles, as long they are done with a respect. If it does look unsuitable here - because I don't speak of L'Wren - please let me know people, and I'll find it another thread ('complaint' one I guess).

As far as Mick Jagger goes, what is also so tragical in this horrible event is that during his time with L'Wren Sir Mick finally seemed to get out of the tabloid crap he's been associated with all of his adult life. There weren't any longer nasty gossips reporting his doings here and there. The last time Jagger really was making negative headlines was his divorce with Jerry. Then Jagger got - rightly or not I don't know - all the hate and dispise from pseudo-feminist/ moralistic tabloid camp one could get. The only time since then that happened it was thanks to his band-mate to have fun of him negatively (todger-gate). Jagger simply haven't offered material any longer to make such news, and the tabloid scene have also accepted this 'new' Jagger. He has his reputation, we all know that, but what actually has happened have been damn positive to him. The aging rock star - and the one most protecting for his privacy - have been able to live his life, which also from an outset - the front to public sphere - looked relaxed and 'good'. The kids all around the world were singing "move like Jagger", and recognizing his iconist status, and the guy himself looked like making a peace with his own legendary past, and, you know, maturing up. It all has looked so great for Jagger in public.

But now all of that explodes in one big bang - maybe in biggest one ever. Not that this must be his biggest personal tragedy ever, damn sure the tabloid will have a field day. 'Yeah, that's our Jagger! We almost forget that one, but he's back!'And shit, there are all those biographers already busy editing their Jagger-books to add there a new final chapter to go along with the scandalous earlier ones, and after some boring ones. It is both his private and public life on flames here. As so much he has to do sorting out his personal pain and private life, he needs to deal with the public one too.

I don't think he, after all these years, deserved and deserves that. That looks so unjust. So damn wrong. I guess for the very first time ever I actually am feeling sorry for him, as crazy as it might sound. He is a human being, after all. That semi-god.

Or at least this all looks very disappointing to my eyes; weren't we all like wittnessing a kind of 'happy end' in all fronts here, the band, is members and their families and lives - even Ronnie finally sorted out, Taylor back onboard - everybody feeling happy and rightfully so. We all were so happy.

And then disaster like this happens. In the very private center of the whole Stones world. It is just so sad. So terribly sad.

- Doxa

I agree with nearly all of this excellent post, but I do not feel much pity for Mick. It would seem that L'Wren felt she had lost everything. There is no way of putting a good spin on it, or even doing damage control. Are we expected to believe this PR - that after Mick sponsored L'Wren's design career from day 1, she is driven to suicide because of a business debt? We're not idiots, though some diehard fanboys and fangirls seem to have parked their critical reasoning power at the door. Poor L'Wren is just collateral damage.

Posted by: Fan Since 1964 ()
Date: March 18, 2014 14:21

RIP L'Wren!

Been Stoned since 1964 and still am!

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: March 18, 2014 14:43

this one show in Perth is rescheduled, and the next ones are on, apparently..

what about a tribute, before the next show, a one-time brief montage and dedication to L'Wren..on the stage screen, in order to acknowledge and let all know the love and respect for her..

Posted by: SPellegrino ()
Date: March 18, 2014 15:22

duke richardson

what about a tribute, before the next show, a one-time brief montage and dedication to L'Wren..on the stage screen, in order to acknowledge and let all know the love and respect for her..

It is not clear what the state of Mick's private relationship was at the time of her death or in the months leading up to her suicide. Therefore, it would seem that Mr. Jagger and the band, et al, should deal with this tragedy privately. To speculate the nature of their relationship over the past decade and recent months is none of our business. We can only take his words as true that he is "shocked" and "devastated" but paying tribute to her during a Stones is not, in my opinion, the proper place for such outpourings of grief. There will be, I am sure, many people in attendance that do not know of her passing or past relationship with Mick. To paint him as "our hero" and a Romeo like figure is nonsense. He is not my hero. He is not Romeo. Lothario would be a better term given his multiple children with multiple women. Also keep in mind that people paying top dollar to be entertained by the Rolling Stones and not attend a funeral. The two events-a concert and a memorial to L'Wren, are incongruous at best. In poor taste at worst.

Posted by: Bellajane ()
Date: March 18, 2014 15:25

I saw this horrible story on Entertainment Tonight last night. We all know that the tabloids are having a field day with this story. I don't dare look. Anyway, the only inkling I had of there being trouble in paradise was a thread about her on this forum last week. I dismissed it as gossip but, apparently, there was some measure of truth. I can't imagine what could have been so terrible, what situation or perfect storm of problems that could have pushed this beautiful woman over the edge. I really didn't know much about her. I never knew that she was one of America's top designers. Never knew much about her and Mick Jagger's relationship other than they looked like a very happy, super-cool, jetsetting couple that were together for a very long time. I always thought that she was a very classy, impeccably-dressed woman. I think I read somewhere that she was hoping she and Mick would eventually get married.

You know, she left this world very despondent, alone, and angry. If it's true that she didn't leave a suicide note, well, that speaks volumes to me. People have there reasons I guess. I wish she would have sought help; she could have resolved her difficulties. R.I.P.

Date: March 18, 2014 15:26

EDIT: I give up. Pollute this board with gossip and speculations from rags - as much as you like. I'm outta here...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-21 14:57 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: March 18, 2014 15:35

SPellegrino
duke richardson

It is not clear what the state of Mick's private relationship was at the time of her death or in the months leading up to her suicide. Therefore, it would seem that Mr. Jagger and the band, et al, should deal with this tragedy privately. To speculate the nature of their relationship over the past decade and recent months is none of our business. We can only take his words as true that he is "shocked" and "devastated" but paying tribute to her during a Stones is not, in my opinion, the proper place for such outpourings of grief. There will be, I am sure, many people in attendance that do not know of her passing or past relationship with Mick. To paint him as "our hero" and a Romeo like figure is nonsense. He is not my hero. He is not Romeo. Lothario would be a better term given his multiple children with multiple women. Also keep in mind that people paying top dollar to be entertained by the Rolling Stones and not attend a funeral. The two events-a concert and a memorial to L'Wren, are incongruous at best. In poor taste at worst.

I think you're wrong. I sure meant this suggestion as a gesture of respect. seriously- you think a mostly adult crowd of Stones fans wouldn't know who she was, and more to the point, wouldn't appreciate it?

Posted by: sweet neo con ()
Date: March 18, 2014 15:41

Scooby
Am I alone in finding the speculation on this thread to be in poor taste?

A woman lost her life, please remember that.

you are not alone.

it's one thing to speculate about trivial matters...this is not trivial.

IORR............but I like it!

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: March 18, 2014 15:46

Just as all the would-be censors around here expect to air their opinions freely, would they kindly allow others the same freedom?

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: March 18, 2014 15:49

We don't know what was going on, but people can have money problems and keep it from everyone, even those closest to them. And that puts even more pressure on the person.

Re: L'Wren Scott dead...? :- (
Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 18, 2014 15:54

stonehearted
treaclefingers
stonehearted
Oh, could we just drop this pretense in feeling that we actually have a personal relationship with people we don't even know, let alone never having met? Mick Jagger is a public figure, an entertainer, and we, the public, are the entertained. That, as far as we are concerned, is the extent of any "relationship" here, such that it is.

This is a fan forum and speculation is our business, and business is always booming, 7 days a week.

Perhaps fans who vicariously project their thoughts so intensely into the private sphere of a personal loss involving people they have no personal relationship with are probably taking the private details of these public figures too personally. It's none of our business, really.

Think of it this way, from the point of view of one who finds the music more important than a musician/performer's personal business: Perhaps Mick will channel his loss into creative efforts and Stones fans may be blessed with another late period classic like Out Of Control.

No one's said anything of the sort. You have an amazing ability to take 4 paragraphs to say absolutely nothing at all.

Carry on.

No one has to--some things are implied rather than stated outright.

There were women in Mick Jagger's life before L'Wren Scott, there will be women in Mick Jagger's life after L'Wren Scott--and we will all know the name of his next girlfriend within a year's time.

I listen to Stones music most every day and have taken this music into my own life in my own way and it remains a big part of my life--but hardly ever do I ruminate on the private lives of the Stones themselves, except for the circumstances surrounding Brian Jones' death and I have speculated on how Keith's book may have affected his friendship with Mick over the long term. But I don't know these people personally, it is none of my business, and I will never know the full story. Best for me then to just keep on enjoying the music and not project my personal emotions into their private business. My only interest is in what they bring to the stage. There is likely a story behind this tragedy we are not being made aware of, the details of which may never be made public, at least not for a number of years.

This last paragraph says nothing at all but is included here for your convenience, because I have "an amazing ability to take 4 paragraphs to say absolutely nothing at all" reputation to maintain.

I don't even know why we're tete-a-tete here, as I agree with everything you've said. Your point, boiled down appears to be 'this is none of our business, which is exactly my point.

I simply had an issue with people who know nothing, acting as if they did through gossip and speculation. Hard to control that behaviour I know, but within hours of her passing...just wasn't appropriate.

Posted by: StonedInTokyo ()
Date: March 18, 2014 16:05

duke richardson

Funeral/memorial service should suffice (particularly if Mick speaks and/or sings) and besides, she's not a band member.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-18 16:06 by StonedInTokyo.

Posted by: hbwriter ()
Date: March 18, 2014 16:05

Reported today: "Our source tells us it was some overwhelming issues with her top-notch fashion label that sent her down a final spiral. According to business records on file in Britain, as Scott’s business LS Fashion Ltd. operated from a London base, the design company had an October balance sheet stating that it was $5.9 million in debt in 2012 after closing 2011’s fiscal year $4.2 million in red. The balance sheet also indicates that more than $1.7 million was owed to creditors within one year and a significant $7.6 million due after that." - source if FOX411 - however, those ledger numbers are being reported across other media platforms as they are, apparently, a matter of public record.

it's interesting - i always thought her career was a sparkling success- some of the biggest names in the world wear her- but it seems like it was a giant facade - makes one wonder about other "successes" as they are presented to the public - another problem in a society today that thrives on hype over substance. We don't know what demons drove her to this tragic act, but it would appear that this particular pressure may have played a part. She was going to have a long and hard road ahead with lawsuits, loss of reputation etc - a tough moment in life -

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-18 16:31 by hbwriter.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: March 18, 2014 16:06

StonedInTokyo
duke richardson

Funeral/memorial service should suffice and besides, she's not a band member.

That's the spirit! Let's not go crazy here...

Posted by: mighty stork ()
Date: March 18, 2014 16:12

R.I.P. L'Wren. I'm still in a bit of shock about this. I think everyone who is not family should keep their speculation and unsubstantiated comments to themselves and respect all those involved.

Date: March 18, 2014 16:14

71Tele
Way too much speculation here. Sometimes it is appropriate to simply say nothing at all. We do not need to express our opinion about every situation or tragedy. Nature abhors a vacuum, and it's human nature to try to fill the void of things we don't know - or can't know - with our own speculation. But sometimes it is best to resist that natural urge and just let it be. Why can't we just agree that we can't possibly know what was in the mind of someone who chooses to take such horrific and tragic action?

i agree with the spirit of this in part, but i don't see any wild speculation here- just fans sharing their thoughts and feelings, which is natural. I don't think anyone claims to know what was in her mind, but on a fan board where dissection and opinion is sort of the purpose of it all, i actually think people here have been respectful, reflective and classy. There are facts here that can't be ignored - i don't see the problem with acknowledging them, as part of the process of shock and grief. Everybody approaches these things in their own way -some are more spiritual, some are more clinical and everything in between. And if some have opinions that stem from those, within the bounds of taste and decency, i'd say those observations are fine. But overall, again, i'm impressed with all of the voices here - everyone is just being who they are.

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: March 18, 2014 16:17

A tragedy for Ms Scott's family and friends.

RIP

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: March 18, 2014 16:31

hbwriter
Reported today: "Our source tells us it was some overwhelming issues with her top-notch fashion label that sent her down a final spiral. According to business records on file in Britain, as Scott’s business LS Fashion Ltd. operated from a London base, the design company had an October balance sheet stating that it was $5.9 million in debt in 2012 after closing 2011’s fiscal year $4.2 million in red. The balance sheet also indicates that more than $1.7 million was owed to creditors within one year and a significant $7.6 million due after that."

it's interesting - i always thought her career was a sparkling success- some of the biggest names in the world wear her- but it seems like it was a giant facade - makes one wonder about other "successes" as they are presented to the public - another problem in a society today that thrives on hype over substance. We don't know what demons drove her to this tragic act, but it would appear that this particular pressure may have played a part. She was going to have a long and hard road ahead with lawsuits, loss of reputation etc - a tough moment in life -

Particularly for someone who was a self-professed perfectionist. After reading a feature article about her, I remember thinking that she seemed to be a meticulously organized person, almost rigid in her habits. Sometimes it is people like that who have the hardest time rolling with life's ups and downs. I hope she's in a better place now, whatever that might be, and at peace.

Date: March 18, 2014 16:41

hbwriter
71Tele
Way too much speculation here. Sometimes it is appropriate to simply say nothing at all. We do not need to express our opinion about every situation or tragedy. Nature abhors a vacuum, and it's human nature to try to fill the void of things we don't know - or can't know - with our own speculation. But sometimes it is best to resist that natural urge and just let it be. Why can't we just agree that we can't possibly know what was in the mind of someone who chooses to take such horrific and tragic action?

i agree with the spirit of this in part, but i don't see any wild speculation here- just fans sharing their thoughts and feelings, which is natural. I don't think anyone claims to know what was in her mind, but on a fan board where dissection and opinion is sort of the purpose of it all, i actually think people here have been respectful, reflective and classy. There are facts here that can't be ignored - i don't see the problem with acknowledging them, as part of the process of shock and grief. Everybody approaches these things in their own way -some are more spiritual, some are more clinical and everything in between. And if some have opinions that stem from those, within the bounds of taste and decency, i'd say those observations are fine. But overall, again, i'm impressed with all of the voices here - everyone is just being who they are.

hb, you keep up that kind of level headed talk coupled with your measured and well thought approach and you could be a writer someday!

Posted by: kitoise ()
Date: March 18, 2014 16:56

All my warm sympathy to L'Wren's family and Mick.

Date: March 18, 2014 17:02

Munichhilton
hbwriter
71Tele

hb, you keep up that kind of level headed talk coupled with your measured and well thought approach and you could be a writer someday!

but i mean it! there has been some really poignant stuff written here - from the heart - and some good analysis. just what i expect on IORR.

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: March 18, 2014 17:02

sweet neo con
Scooby
Am I alone in finding the speculation on this thread to be in poor taste?

A woman lost her life, please remember that.

you are not alone.

it's one thing to speculate about trivial matters...this is not trivial.
thumbs up

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: March 18, 2014 17:03

Hopefully her dogs will be taken care of.

Posted by: GOO ()
Date: March 18, 2014 17:05

Nobody here knows the people involved.

Date: March 18, 2014 17:07

hbwriter
Munichhilton
hbwriter
71Tele

but i mean it! there has been some really poignant stuff written here - from the heart - and some good analysis. just what i expect on IORR.

I mean it my brother! Hell you should moderate the place...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-18 17:19 by Munichhilton.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: March 18, 2014 17:09

hbwriter
71Tele

I agree with you. I was just saying there is a time to share an opinion and other times when it's best to just quietly absorb an event. Everyone should choose for themselves what is appropriate, obviously.

Posted by: StonedInTokyo ()
Date: March 18, 2014 17:11

MingSubu
Hopefully her dogs will be taken care of.

Undoubtedly from among the many who cared for her one will care for them.

Posted by: Bellajane ()
Date: March 18, 2014 17:21

hbwriter
Munichhilton
hbwriter
71Tele

I agree wholeheartedly.

Posted by: Glammy ()
Date: March 18, 2014 17:26

I'm shocked.

My deepest condolences.

R.I.P. L'Wren Scott

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: March 18, 2014 17:32

I personally think it is inappropriate for any of us to run wild with speculation and repeat what the tabloids are saying because right now Mick is in bad pain...no matter the circumstances, and if we care about MICK, the man, we should simply send positive, healing thoughts and prayers his way (and to her family and friends.)..nothing else should matter...this was someone very close to him, end of story...all of the gossip and guessing about this VERY PERSONAL MATTER is frankly disgusting.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1314151617181920212223...LastNext
Current Page: 18 of 40

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1758
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home