Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 7 of 10
Rolling Stones - Macau China March 9
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: March 9, 2014 22:19

The Rolling Stones rocked Macau with their first-ever concert at The Venetian Macao’s Cotai Arena on Sunday night. Mick Jagger, Ron Wood, Charlie Watts and Keith Richard took to the stage in front of a sold-out audience of over 10,000 fans, many of whom were in their 40s, 50s and even 60s. Mick Jagger, now in his 70s, proved that age is no barrier to having a good time, performing with all the heart and soul of a young English lad. There was nothing too stagey or pretentious about this show (i.e no BS, no lip sync, no over reliance on sets and drama). At the end end of the night, it's all about the lyrics, the music and the live performance of true rock stars. If you ever aspire to be a great musician - study the lyrics and music of The Rolling Stones. It lives on, even today, as poetry in motion.

- Aomen TV

Re: Macau China March 9 Rolling Stones 2014 show live updates
Date: March 9, 2014 23:52

jumpingjackflash68
Gimme Shelter #2

Lovely version!

Posted by: Milan ()
Date: March 10, 2014 00:00

Date: March 10, 2014 00:15

In top form thumbs up

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: March 10, 2014 01:11

waterrats
One unfortunate moment after the tragic events of the weekend was the video accompanying Gloom and Doom, which showed an animated jetliner crashing.

As far as I've been able to find out, they still don't know that the missing plane DID crash, or at least they haven't found it. Its disappearance is undoubtedly tragic, of course, and it might have been a good idea to skip the video.

(Sorry, I guess this is basically off-topic.)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-10 01:39 by Aquamarine.

Posted by: Bastion ()
Date: March 10, 2014 01:19

Who'd have thought that 50 years later, they'd still be playing to live audiences round the world.

Don't care if I sound soppy, but I truly am grateful they're still going, and so glad I finally got to see them live last year thumbs up

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-10 01:20 by Bastion.

Posted by: jammingedward ()
Date: March 10, 2014 01:26

bv
It was like a shot for a Stones junkie. I mean an overdose almost. After the rather strange show in Abu Dhabi, warmup, then three great stadium shows in Tokyo, I struggled with understanding Macau. I mean the place. I wanted to geet out of here as soon as possible. But then the show arrived...

To be in the pit at an arena show is great. But to be in the pit with the Stones tonight... It was almost an overdose. At 8pm the place was empty. I thought this was a total failure crowd wise. By 8:30pm the house was almost full, and by 8:38pm the house was full, and the Stones took the stage. Boooom!

I am just a big smile. And so tired. The show was 10 out of 10. Mick was running the tongue so often I had to go down there eventually. By Sympathy they turned out the razor blade sound an extra round, it was loud and sharp, Keith was clear, aggressive on his guitar, running the tongue twice, and focused from start to finish. Ronnie was great too, and Charlie, when there were some thunders may be they have to reperar the roof of the Cotai Arena, it was great, and now I am permanently fixed as a Stones junkie.
I just loved it
Don't know if I have the power to write up a report really, the flight leaves for Shanghai tomorrow morning, but I will find a picture or two before I call it the night...

By the way... GIMME SHELTER! I was down by the tonguee end by then. Mick and Lisa stayed there with me for an eternity. I just loved it. More later.

Great review BV - you've got me very excited again about the tour, especially my upcoming Pit experience in Brisbane. I have been having some regret about spending so much money (5 Aussie shows) after seeing the shortened set lists, but your review has reminded me of why I'm doing it- to witness this amazing band in full flight!

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: March 10, 2014 01:41

TimeWaitsforNooooOne
if you want low-level-mind-users like "congratulations" or "well-stated-bv"-Rolling-Hansie and similar to reign your board, your site should and will end as a fake which had nothing to do with reality.

Thank you very much for mentioning me. I feel flattered, really.

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: March 10, 2014 01:43

TimeWaitsforNooooOne
you'll never read somethin' from me again, PROMISED!

And thank you very much again. But I sincerely hope that you feel better now.

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: Deathgod ()
Date: March 10, 2014 02:33

I want to read and see pics of the Macau show, not stones fans fighting.

Date: March 10, 2014 02:41

Many bands play for a lot less than two hours, a shorter set list isn't the same thing as a shorter show, and I would imagine these were exactly the songs that most longtime fans want to hear. In any case, judging by the videos the band sound like they were in great form, well-warmed-up already. They should be phenomenal by the time they reach Australia!

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: March 10, 2014 02:41

Aquamarine
, and it might have been a good idea to skip the video.

If they could just skip all the animation ...

Posted by: jammingedward ()
Date: March 10, 2014 03:01

DeanGoodman
Aquamarine
, and it might have been a good idea to skip the video.

If they could just skip all the animation ...

I'm sure it would be easy to patch in a live camera feed over the plane crash video, or do a quick edit before the show and just reuse some other part of the animation....

Posted by: Eleanor Rigby ()
Date: March 10, 2014 04:02

TimeWaitsforNooooOne
I'm sorry,

maybe there were worse before, but you have to admit that you're an extreme
arse-licker, no? ;-)

(subject to be deleted, no prob)

hahaha...

Posted by: petewasbristol ()
Date: March 10, 2014 04:19

What can I say, that was simply amazing! I have just woken up in Macau and here are my thoughts from the show. First if all if you get the chance to see the stones this year try to do it IN AN ARENA. I'm not sure if it was the venue or the actual layout of the stage last night but I have never felt so close or connected to a band. The sound was incredible and I could literally tie Keith's laces in the pit. I kid you not my neck hurts from looking up so much at the band. I have never seen a band/stage this close before, and at times members of the band would wink, smile and dance like it was your own private show! The band itself was on fire (no pun intended!) Ronnie is playing the best I have ever heard him play. Seriously he really has put his demons to one side and is in the form of his life. Charlie was loud and seemed to be having an absolute ball. The guy was grinning from ear to ear. Keith was sublime. When he started the show and ran out for JJF it was mind blowing to have him play the riff literally a metre away from my head. As for mick, he sounded brilliant, so full of life and energy. Joking around with the crowd and owning the stage and walkway. Overall it was a wonderful show and one that will stay with me forever. I will never be able I see the stones this close again but I'm happy with that. Memories like this last forever.

My only downside was nothing to do with the show itself. The merchandise. I know this might have been outsourced or something but they way the merchandise was handled last night was pretty awful. You could not buy anything until you were in the arena ( that I could see) and that meant those fans waiting ages to get a top front space missed out on the merchandise once inside. Afterwards I waited for only to get to the front and everything was sold out. I was gutted not to have picked up a tour t shirt. I guess I'll try online. I did though buy a programme but was heartbroken when I got home to find 6 pages in the middle torn. Never mind. The show more than made up for any if this. See you all in Europe for the shows!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-10 04:26 by petewasbristol.

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: March 10, 2014 06:51

Well, I can only echo the sentiments already expressed here about last night's show. I just loved it and had an absolute ball of a time down at the front of the pit - as everyone else also seemed to. The atmosphere was fantastic, which is something that cannot be felt reading a setlist on a screen or even watching/hearing youtube clips. I wouldn't have been madly impressed by the setlist reading it at home but they did it proud and it was massively enjoyable. Keith was terrific and Charlie during SFD at one point looked in ecstasy with his eyes closed and a huge smile on his face. Mick really worked the crowd and they lapped it up. At 8 pm, the official start time I think, the place was virtually empty and it looked as if it would be an embarrassing disaster but it filled up all of a sudden and the crowd in the tiers was on its feet dancing and waving a lot more than you ever see at the likes of the O2. I felt lucky to be there hearing and seeing these guys while it's still possible.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: March 10, 2014 06:56

with sssoul
I love the Rolling Stones

Yes, we duly informed them of this fact yesterday evening. And in fact, now that I think about it, we'll be telling them again on Wednesday evening.

It was just soooooooooooooooooo bloody great to see them again, last time was on a scorching hot summer's evening in London town on 13 July 2013.

O yeah ....... YOU were there !!

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Date: March 10, 2014 07:28

Excellent, sounds like a really high enegry, fantasic Stones performance!! A big THANK YOU to every one who posted reports of the Macau Stones concertsmiling smiley

Posted by: MRambler ()
Date: March 10, 2014 07:53

video: [www.youtube.com]

Lovely <3

Date: March 10, 2014 08:19

Beast
Well, I can only echo the sentiments already expressed here about last night's show. I just loved it and had an absolute ball of a time down at the front of the pit - as everyone else also seemed to. The atmosphere was fantastic, which is something that cannot be felt reading a setlist on a screen or even watching/hearing youtube clips. I wouldn't have been madly impressed by the setlist reading it at home but they did it proud and it was massively enjoyable. Keith was terrific and Charlie during SFD at one point looked in ecstasy with his eyes closed and a huge smile on his face. Mick really worked the crowd and they lapped it up. At 8 pm, the official start time I think, the place was virtually empty and it looked as if it would be an embarrassing disaster but it filled up all of a sudden and the crowd in the tiers was on its feet dancing and waving a lot more than you ever see at the likes of the O2. I felt lucky to be there hearing and seeing these guys while it's still possible.

Fantastic. smiling smiley That's such a good point about the atmosphere at a show--doesn't matter how boring a setlist might sound to someone reading it, to someone actually there in the crowd listening to the music it's a completely different experience.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: March 10, 2014 08:41

Thanks for all of the great videos and pictures and reports, it is great to hear that my band is still doing so well.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-10 08:43 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: mandu ()
Date: March 10, 2014 08:58

well I just got home from Macau
I met many people from all around the world going to see The Rolling Stones,I saw Bobby Keys and I had my photo taken with Bernard Fowler.

I was sitting up the back 228/seat 15,I went in at 7pm and watched the place fill up.

just before 9pm they came on stage the intro was tence then it was into jumping jack flash.
I gotta say they energy was fantastic,The Rolling Stones were really on fire.Iam happy I went,the high light for me was midnight rambler.

Keith made a few mistakes with his solo on sympathy for the devil.I bought 2 t.shirts they are xxL but they are to small for me.

after the show I came out with a big smile on my face and I was dripping with sweat.
they were just as good as when I saw them in 2003.

The Rolling Stones really are The Greatest RocknRoll band in the world.

Feel The Fear
And Do It Anyway

Date: March 10, 2014 09:02

thumbs upthumbs up

(Maybe you can stretch the shirts to fit!)

Any chance we can see the pic with Bernard?

Posted by: Grison ()
Date: March 10, 2014 09:39

Thanks a lot for all the reports you gave. So the shorter set list did not shorten the quality of the concerts. This is just great to hear.

Date: March 10, 2014 10:19

MRambler

Lovely <3

That's just really, really beautiful! thumbs up

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: March 10, 2014 10:29

Thanks all for the great reviews........

Posted by: Angerena ()
Date: March 10, 2014 10:51

MRambler

Lovely <3

Mick Taylor is great on Slipping Away

Date: March 10, 2014 14:19

Angerena
MRambler

Lovely <3

Mick Taylor is great on Slipping Away

He is. What about Keith??

Posted by: Limbostone ()
Date: March 10, 2014 14:46

iorr.org news
The Rolling Stones performed the first arena show of the 14 On Fire tour tonight in Macau, China, featuring the same arena stage as used during the 2012-2013 shows.

This of course is not entirely the case. The 'upper lip' is missing, as you can see in the JJF video. In 2012/2013 the upper lip was there for the first few songs. The idea of the circular ramp forming a part of the tongue-and-lip design logo is way less clear this way.

Off course, not bringing the upper lip is cheaper. And naturally, ticketprices of arenashows give every reason to cut costs.

Here's what I mean:
source: the iorr.org O2/1 review page.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-10 14:51 by Limbostone.

Posted by: EJM ()
Date: March 10, 2014 15:52

Sounds like while keith remained pretty solid at Machau, not as good as tokyo 2 and solos not quite as good as tokyo in general - keeps up the tension of anticipation ! Keep reporting, people, it's really fun for those who can't be there !

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 7 of 10

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2147
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home