Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 5 of 10
Re: Macau China March 9 Rolling Stones 2014 show live updates
Posted by: kowalski ()
Date: March 9, 2014 16:27

EJM
What on earth is going on

Spring's back...

Posted by: DECCA61 ()
Date: March 9, 2014 16:28

Keith: "It's good to be here... It's good to be anywhere"

Posted by: Stoneburst ()
Date: March 9, 2014 16:29

erad
Taylor should play the whole of keiths set, especially if hes doing happy which could do with another guitar on it these days.

I just wish they'd do Happy with the whole band - when Mick and Keith sing the chorus together, as they did in the 70s, it becomes a totally different song. And there'd be no harm whatsoever in letting Taylor incinerate the solo, a la Brussels Affair.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: March 9, 2014 16:29

Rokyfan
Green Lady
Rokyfan
thumbs upsmileys with beerthumbs up
corriecas
Nice setlist, really !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jeroe n
Great choices here, who could "whine" about this one???

Are you quite sure you've been complimentary enough, gentlemen? People might think you don't mean it...

Keith: "you don't have to mean it baby"
Firs time Macau - to play rarities to please 130 people on IORR!!!!

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: March 9, 2014 16:31

This is truth: I wish I had time & $ to be there. Thanks for all the updates!
smileys with beer

Coffee for me this morning!

Peace,
Mr DJA

Posted by: DECCA61 ()
Date: March 9, 2014 16:32

thanks everyone for updates and uploads have a good night at the macau nightlife area ..

Richard

Posted by: EJM ()
Date: March 9, 2014 16:35

Thanks for the updates , look forward to reports and videos

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: March 9, 2014 16:37

1. JJF
2. YGMR
3. IORR
4. TD
5. WH
6. D&G
7. GOOMC (online vote)
8. HTW
Band Intros
9. SA (Mick Taylor)
10. BTMMR
11. MR (Mick Taylor)
12. MY
13. PIB
14. GS
15. SMU
16. SFTD
17. BS
Encores
18. YCAGWYW
19. Satisfaction

Posted by: with sssoul ()

Green Lady
GOOMC by request

as in Get Off of MaCau? But they just got there! :E

Posted by: big4 ()

rollingon
DECCA61
bonddm
This gigs going to be lucky to crack 2 hours.If I'd known in advance that they were going to shave up to 30 mins off the set times compared to 2013,I would have thought twice about shelling out outrageous dollars for the Melbourne gig.

Do you think well' have another change in 2020 .. .....

20 min setlist in 2025?

A medley of Stones classics with one Keith song sandwiched between-the live debut of Coming Down Again

Posted by: Kaisan ()
Date: March 9, 2014 16:38

Thank you guys for the updates, looking forward to see them in Europe - nice setlist, I won´t whine about it ;-)

Posted by: StonesCat ()
Date: March 9, 2014 16:39

rollingon
Green Lady
Rokyfan
thumbs upsmileys with beerthumbs up
corriecas
Nice setlist, really !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jeroe n
Great choices here, who could "whine" about this one???

Are you quite sure you've been complimentary enough, gentlemen? People might think you don't mean it...

Many rarities now in the setlist, so I'm very grateful.

And a huge role for Mick Taylor is also a big bonus.

Haha, well done! I think the sunshine patrol's already well represented here today. Lets see what happens once we finally get Down Under.

Best show ever!!!

winking smiley

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: March 9, 2014 16:42

Good setlist and by the looks, the place should of been boppin'. Can't wait for the video/audio clips.

Posted by: jammingedward ()
Date: March 9, 2014 16:48

Get Off My Cloud is absolute killer live. It should be played every show!

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: March 9, 2014 16:50

with sssoul
Green Lady
GOOMC by request

funny

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: March 9, 2014 16:52

EddieByword
with sssoul
Green Lady
GOOMC by request

funny

smiling smiley

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: March 9, 2014 16:53

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: March 9, 2014 17:03

Posted by: slew ()
Date: March 9, 2014 17:18

I tend to complain about the setlists too but if they have never played Macau and are asking big bucks they kind of have to play the hit. If they do a one off in club in Perth or got Europe this summer and play some theatres then look for some change in the sets.

Posted by: birdie ()
Date: March 9, 2014 17:28

Nice setlist but really no surprises. 2 changes from last show!

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: March 9, 2014 17:42

slew
I tend to complain about the setlists too but if they have never played Macau and are asking big bucks they kind of have to play the hit. If they do a one off in club in Perth or got Europe this summer and play some theatres then look for some change in the sets.

Hahahahaha, changes, Changes.......never will be so.
jeroen

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: March 9, 2014 17:44

DECCA61
Jeroen better ask mr smeets first before inviting green lady and me to have a beer at pinkpop ... smeets has no money for mick & mick .. maybe for nick & simon

Great, Good One, but i dont like Nick and Simon. I bet you do.
Jeroen

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: March 9, 2014 17:56

Review: The Rolling Stones are on fire as they play to a star-studded crowd in Macau

Mick Jagger and co may be old but they still have what it takes, writes Dave Bannister

Dave Bannister
PUBLISHED : Sunday, 09 March, 2014

SCMP

The Rolling Stones showed a sold-out, celebrity-studded crowd in Macau’s Cotai arena last night why they can still claim to be the world’s greatest rock’n’roll band – more than half a century after they started out playing blues covers in tiny clubs in London.

Mick Jagger’s moves may have slowed a little over the years but his trademark showmanship hasn’t and he had the crowd up on their feet from the opening riff of Jumping Jack Flash. The band immediately cut loose, serving notice to the crowd of more than 10,000 that they were in for a special night.

Among the stars who turned out were Chinese screen star Zhang Ziyi, Hollywood actor Stephen Baldwin, as well as mainland rocker Wang Feng and local musician Kenny Bee. VIPs who paid more than $15,000 for a ticket were treated to an up close and personal view of Jagger and co. from inside the Tongue Pit, a section of the mouth-shaped stage where they got a 360-degree view of the action.

SCMP

The Stones rolled into Macau after playing to 150,000 Japanese fans at three shows at the Tokyo Dome, the largest venue on their 2014 On Fire Tour. They took to the stage at Cotai before one of the smallest crowds and, while it would be hard to call a 10,000 arena intimate, Jagger seemed pumped by the smaller setting, working the crowd as if he was still leading a bar band.

For local fans this was the first time to see the Stones since their two performances at the controversial Hong Kong Harbourfest a decade ago. There was no controversy here though as they added to the growing roll-call of world famous acts putting Macau firmly on the global music map.

A jumbo high-definition screen was the backdrop to the simple black-and-steel stage, offering everyone a close-up view, perhaps a little too close for Ronnie Wood and guitarist Keith Richards. The lines etched into Richards’ face from his many years as the poster boy for rock’n’roll debauchery were deep enough to be seen from the back of the arena. Sir Mick, now a 70 year-old grandfather, is less frenetic on stage than during the Stones heyday, but he hasn’t lost that haughty chicken strut that brings his lyrics to life, and he must have covered a couple of miles on stage.

SCMP

The band was joined for three numbers by Mick Taylor, who played on some of the group’s most seminal albums including Exile on Main Street. Taylor showed why he is considered by many to be the Stones best guitarist with his turn on a 10-minute version of Midnight Rambler, as Jagger played the harmonica.

Songs like Honky Tonk Woman and Brown Sugar retained their freshness and energy even though they were released more than 40 years ago at a time when the Vietnam War was still raging. One of the surprises of the evening was a version of Get Off of My Cloud, chosen in a vote by fans on the band’s website and Facebook page. One unfortunate moment after the tragic events of the weekend was the video accompanying Gloom and Doom, which showed an animated jetliner crashing.

Time hasn’t been quite as kind to the band as to their best music. But after many public fallouts between the bandmates over the years, it’s testimony to their spirit of rock’n’roll that can still come together and deliver the goods. Fittingly, the band ended with Satisfaction.

[www.scmp.com]

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: March 9, 2014 18:04

" One unfortunate moment after the tragic events of the weekend was the video accompanying Gloom and Doom, which showed an animated jetliner crashing"

Whoops! grinning smiley

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: March 9, 2014 18:05

Maybe they had better sideline Doom & Gloom in Shanghai and Singapore? Planes crashing in both lyrics and video are a bit tactless at the moment.

Posted by: marko ()
Date: March 9, 2014 18:18

VIP´s must be happy,,,they paid only 15 000 bucks smiling smiley

Posted by: bv ()
Date: March 9, 2014 18:20

It was like a shot for a Stones junkie. I mean an overdose almost. After the rather strange show in Abu Dhabi, warmup, then three great stadium shows in Tokyo, I struggled with understanding Macau. I mean the place. I wanted to geet out of here as soon as possible. But then the show arrived...

To be in the pit at an arena show is great. But to be in the pit with the Stones tonight... It was almost an overdose. At 8pm the place was empty. I thought this was a total failure crowd wise. By 8:30pm the house was almost full, and by 8:38pm the house was full, and the Stones took the stage. Boooom!

I am just a big smile. And so tired. The show was 10 out of 10. Mick was running the tongue so often I had to go down there eventually. By Sympathy they turned out the razor blade sound an extra round, it was loud and sharp, Keith was clear, aggressive on his guitar, running the tongue twice, and focused from start to finish. Ronnie was great too, and Charlie, when there were some thunders may be they have to reperar the roof of the Cotai Arena, it was great, and now I am permanently fixed as a Stones junkie.
I just loved it
Don't know if I have the power to write up a report really, the flight leaves for Shanghai tomorrow morning, but I will find a picture or two before I call it the night...

By the way... GIMME SHELTER! I was down by the tonguee end by then. Mick and Lisa stayed there with me for an eternity. I just loved it. More later.

Bjornulf

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: March 9, 2014 18:22

dcba
" One unfortunate moment after the tragic events of the weekend was the video accompanying Gloom and Doom, which showed an animated jetliner crashing"

Whoops! grinning smiley

A gigantic blunder. Nothing to laugh about. Imagine you had family or friends in that plane.

Posted by: Milan ()
Date: March 9, 2014 18:24

"By the way... GIMME SHELTER! I was down by the tonguee end by then. Mick and Lisa stayed there with me for an eternity."

- here you go, BV:

This Youtube channel is uploading the vids from the concert at this very moment: [www.youtube.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-09 18:30 by Milan.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: March 9, 2014 18:48

bv
It was like a shot for a Stones junkie. I mean an overdose almost. After the rather strange show in Abu Dhabi, warmup, then three great stadium shows in Tokyo, I struggled with understanding Macau. I mean the place. I wanted to geet out of here as soon as possible. But then the show arrived...

To be in the pit at an arena show is great. But to be in the pit with the Stones tonight... It was almost an overdose. At 8pm the place was empty. I thought this was a total failure crowd wise. By 8:30pm the house was almost full, and by 8:38pm the house was full, and the Stones took the stage. Boooom!

I am just a big smile. And so tired. The show was 10 out of 10. Mick was running the tongue so often I had to go down there eventually. By Sympathy they turned out the razor blade sound an extra round, it was loud and sharp, Keith was clear, aggressive on his guitar, running the tongue twice, and focused from start to finish. Ronnie was great too, and Charlie, when there were some thunders may be they have to reperar the roof of the Cotai Arena, it was great, and now I am permanently fixed as a Stones junkie.
I just loved it
Don't know if I have the power to write up a report really, the flight leaves for Shanghai tomorrow morning, but I will find a picture or two before I call it the night...

By the way... GIMME SHELTER! I was down by the tonguee end by then. Mick and Lisa stayed there with me for an eternity. I just loved it. More later.

Great review Bjornulf, really takes us there. Get some rest! smiling smiley

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 5 of 10

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1649
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home